Using Unfair Advantage @ Eomons

<removed> individual actions led us to this, let's keep it to those actions.

Last edited by a moderator:
<removed> its getting lame and childish all this blaming a whole soc for one or 2 persons actions! And it always end in who has the bigger finger too point with then the other! Can it atleast just stick game wise too who has the bigger gun wins, makes everything nice and simple ;)

<removed>
Cuz i can tell you, that NO ONE, no matter soc is a saint in this matter!!! But it always end up being one of the big socs getting the lucky winner of being trash talked about! and sorry guys, but its getting old, you need to come up with something new here! Its starting too sound more like the damn "days of our lifes" soap! And again, there is more drama about this, that almost everyone is doing, then there is with a buss full of dragqueens on their way too a wig sale!
But thx for some reading while im cuddling my fence at the rig and drinking my coffee :p
May you all have an amazing friday and dont forget that cake is the answer too everything hard in life :p

/mod note/

Either make constructive suggestions in posts that address the thread topic, or expect the thread to be closed.

Are u serious? :D The amount they hit and the hp is quite a bit already m8. Please don't give such an idea to MA that they might just implement it..lol Then we all have to suffer.. hahaha

yes I am serious, if needed for balancing they can remove some health, like 10-20 % to make the ped-turnover to kill one to arund the same level - no need to make them more expensive I agree

Shows the caliber of the player.

I did a brief skim read of the post as its to long and certain people went totally off topic. The actions mentioned, just shows the calibre of people doing them and I don't agree with it. They have no regard for other players and it honestly needs to be stopped. As for the society bashing there is a saying "The Company you keep is a reflection of who you are" One bad apple or two can ruin a whole bag of apples it is better to throw the bad apples out then risk your reputation. Also the after taste of bad deeds always last longest and is more difficult to remove.

yes I am serious, if needed for balancing they can remove some health, like 10-20 % to make the ped-turnover to kill one to arund the same level - no need to make them more expensive I agree

I will agree to this. Aurli like regen and say 60-70% hp of the current ones. Personally i dont mind even present HP with regen but for others I see that as an issue.

/mod note/

Either make constructive suggestions in posts that address the thread topic, or expect the thread to be closed.

Just be careful that those who want this to get closed might actually get more active now with the sole intention to get it closed . :) Just saying.

Going on to Loot Waves : Personally, I do not think it will/can be changed and I would dread the day they actually get into that code. The developer who did it is long gone and any anamoly could literally screw everything up. So we need to come up with ways to work around it imo instead of telling them to change the core of the game because that aint happening.

2 suggestions i liked so far

1. Make the tt of the guns 50 or so to prevent farming completely.
2. Reduce hp of eomon by 20-30% and increase regen to being similar to that of aurli.

Any other suggestions, please post.

PS : I do not comment on soc stuff as i consider it silly and just to be perfectly clear, I named 2 people because those are whom i saw, I am told there are plenty more but unless i see it I cannot just put names out there.

I predict some alts will drive pitbulls through these low hp groups this weekend

I predict some alts will drive pitbulls through these low hp groups this weekend

I am told that a few more people have started doing it so expect some mayhem @weekend for sure.

When regular hunters will stop getting elm guns there will be fun time because then we will see people moving over to the dark side. Mayhem before mayhem. :popcorn:

I will agree to this. Aurli like regen and say 60-70% hp of the current ones. Personally i dont mind even present HP with regen but for others I see that as an issue.

Just be careful that those who want this to get closed might actually get more active now with the sole intention to get it closed . :) Just saying.

Going on to Loot Waves : Personally, I do not think it will/can be changed and I would dread the day they actually get into that code. The developer who did it is long gone and any anamoly could literally screw everything up. So we need to come up with ways to work around it imo instead of telling them to change the core of the game because that aint happening.

2 suggestions i liked so far

1. Make the tt of the guns 50 or so to prevent farming completely.
2. Reduce hp of eomon by 20-30% and increase regen to being similar to that of aurli.

Any other suggestions, please post.

PS : I do not comment on soc stuff as i consider it silly and just to be perfectly clear, I named 2 people because those are whom i saw, I am told there are plenty more but unless i see it I cannot just put names out there.

other ideas are,

1) remove rare hofs for all blood samples, makes the wave start harder to see.
2) less popular would be shared loot, but this brings its own problems
3) no vehicle zone
4) fix agro against air vehicles

I am told that a few more people have started doing it so expect some mayhem @weekend for sure.

When regular hunters will stop getting elm guns there will be fun time because then we will see people moving over to the dark side. Mayhem before mayhem. :popcorn:

I don't like the idea of having the community act as policeman, our sole purpose should be forwarding it with support cases, if plenty get send a fix will happen sooner then later, too much room for error if vehicles are suddenly used to grab those low hp mobs, best to prevent something then to have it causing more problems.

other ideas are,

1) remove rare hofs for all blood samples, makes the wave start harder to see.
2) less popular would be shared loot, but this brings its own problems
3) no vehicle zone
4) fix agro against air vehicles

I like the way you think

1.) Blood samples rare hofs have nothing to do with wave start. The moment u put them all in storage , the next drops show as hof's. Basically if u have them in your inventory, the hofs dont show. I have tested it out intensively to know noone can predict elm drops based on this. If anyone can prove otherwise, please state so.

2. Shares loot will bring more problems with random drops to opalo guys then solve. Not sure if this would be ideal solution.

3.) No vehicle zone is a very good solution imo.

4.) That could cause other problems i feel but guess can be tried.

I won't defend wss or any other soc. They take the heat mostly because the offenders are the most noticeable and the land grabs make them a target. The reality is, there are people in other socs (perhaps at least one in every active soc) that does this in some form. <removed>

So let's think of solutions (regen being one of them.. it is unavoidable) and not get too deep into soc shaming. The issue is much bigger than a soc (or soshhhh, sowsh, guild, or whatever name you go with)

I don't like the "wave" loot system, but I don't see any "unfair advantage" here, anyone can do it.

Very few do given the sharing. I know I might be stating the bleeding obvious!
Swirl on :)

I won't defend wss or any other soc. They take the heat mostly because the offenders are the most noticeable and the land grabs make them a target. The reality is, there are people in other socs (perhaps at least one in every active soc) that does this in some form. Hell I know the leader of one of the bigger socs does this with vanguards.. it was even recorded at one point.

So let's think of solutions (regen being one of them.. it is unavoidable) and not get too deep into soc shaming. The issue is much bigger than a soc (or soshhhh, sowsh, guild, or whatever name you go with)

Being a previous member of WSS, I never saw or was involved in any talk of exploiting and infact the soc was rather the opposite, very anti-exploits in PVP.

Last edited:
Being a previous member of WSS, I never saw or was involved in any talk of exploiting and infact the soc was rather the opposite, very anti-exploits in PVP. A lot of the talk on this forum is misleading. Taking advantage of loot mechanics is not in the same ballmark as exploiting bugs/glitches.

Adding regen to mobs is a really lazy fix, and still wont fix the issue of a huge amount of items dropping at the same time or at a predictable time interval. I far preferred the game when medium-high regen did not exist. I am for any solution than adding regen to mobs.

Hi regen or some the latter I agree . For some reason after 9 years MA have no idea!

Just stop the loot waves and make it more "random", all problems solved.

Same for mushrooms, rings, and stuff on other planets.

Just stop the loot waves and make it more "random", all problems solved.

Same for mushrooms, rings, and stuff on other planets.

Is that even viable or possible given MA's current budget and full focus on Compet platform and other side projects atm? Agree, this 'timing the system' is not random in regards to 'loot waves', lol.

Might be off topic here, but there has been some interesting ideas already mentioned. Why not input 'strong box' KEYS that are trade-able instead of the ELM items. Then add the strong boxes to be trade-able in which a full tt item (i did not mention ELM) and other 'super rare' items (ESIs, AUDs, CLDs, new item, ect.) are able or have a 'dynamic' chance to be looted from the strong boxes (at least have a chance at receiving a super kool rare item, hehe). Also, these strong boxes can be trade-able in-game and do away with opening boxes while not in-game perhaps? Agree with getting rid of the Eomon A-C rare global message, but to avoid this, just have A-C on you if available. OR...instead of receiving shrapnel, replace 'randomly' with these 'strong box' KEYS as random intervals. Not sure about you guys, but as a melee user here, sometimes I'd rather have a chance at looting the XYA pills or UL rings than deal with shrapnel in which I can not even use to repair my blades.

Some might agree-to-disagree or totally disagree, but just trying to spur on this thread for further discussion. That is all for now and thank you.

Note: I still want the ELM items to be able to be looted still.

Regards,
Vi

Is that even viable or possible given MA's current budget and full focus on Compet platform and other side projects atm? Agree, this 'timing the system' is not random in regards to 'loot waves', lol.

Might be off topic here, but there has been some interesting ideas already mentioned. Why not input 'strong box' KEYS that are trade-able instead of the ELM items. Then add the strong boxes to be trade-able in which a full tt item (i did not mention ELM) and other 'super rare' items (ESIs, AUDs, CLDs, new item, ect.) are able or have a 'dynamic' chance to be looted from the strong boxes (at least have a chance at receiving a super kool rare item, hehe). Also, these strong boxes can be trade-able in-game and do away with opening boxes while not in-game perhaps? Agree with getting rid of the Eomon A-C rare global message, but to avoid this, just have A-C on you if available. OR...instead of receiving shrapnel, replace 'randomly' with these 'strong box' KEYS as random intervals. Not sure about you guys, but as a melee user here, sometimes I'd rather have a chance at looting the XYA pills or UL rings than deal with shrapnel in which I can not even use to repair my blades.

Some might agree-to-disagree or totally disagree, but just trying to spur on this thread for further discussion. That is all for now and thank you.

Note: I still want the ELM items to be able to be looted still.

Regards,
Vi

TBH, I don't get the relevance of this at all to the question in point.

To solve the vehicle problem just make all the vehicles like av's. Any vehicle is available to be attacked and killed by a mob just like an av. As far as using the vehicle to escape the mob, the vehicle can be limited similar to PVP put a time limit as to when you can take off (preflight checks etc.)

TBH, I don't get the relevance of this at all to the question in point.

The point was as you've stated in OP " that eomons are dropping elm guns in waves which basically are happening randomly between 30 and 90 minutes from end of previous waves". I was referring to the fact on MA's loot wave cycles as being timed has been coded in for a while, and agree on the fact that this needs to be looked at further on MA's side for adjusting perhaps. However, I think this is not in MA's main focus atm due to C0mpets and other projects that they are focused on (the loot system is the last of their priorities). BTW: I had replied to Norbert on his quote in regards to all this basically to the point of 'sarcasm' that MA won't change this fact in which you stated about the timing (between 30-90min) of the loot waves in your OP. TBH, even I don't know if I'd want MA to change this 'time' thingy as some consider this an advantage while others think its an exploit, lol.

My other paragraph, 2nd one, I did state as being slightly "off topic".

Slightly off-Topic: Another side observation that I did notice is if this eomon topics of this whole thread has been brought up...I don't see this happening as much with LongTooths (LTs). Why is this? So, if on the 'smoother' side of things for LTs (talking big maturities) can create a smoother or 'some what fairer' game play; my question is why not implement the same concept of LT loots into Eomons as well (example: the latest Augmented EP-38 NS off of a LT Young). Reason is I don't see people complaining about hunting LT Stalkers/Prowlers or other smaller maturities. Heck, would be cool to loot a super rare UL item off of a Eomon Young like the EP-38 NS instead of a UL uber armor piece off of a Eomon Stalker, lol ('sarcasm' here). Thus, I've been hunting LongTooths as to not have to deal with some of the complaints shown in this long thread. Now Eomon group hunts have been an exception and is very fun :).

Overall this year's migration has been fun (thank you MA), but please MA fix the lag and take a closer look at what people have posted on this long thread in regards to possible considerations to improve overall game play.

My solutions/opinions to OP's 1 - 3 issues:
1) Solution i suggest is if sum1 drags a bunch of eomons outside of the area - implement like in space TG that the mobs "drown".
2) When a mob is left at 10% life left for over 5-10 min - implement that the mob disappears or respawns at 100% life. This will cause us hunters to be forced to kill faster and cycle the Peds (which in turn affects loot waves, lol) or force a somewhat 'normal' game playing rate.
3) Refer to the 'sarcasm' in this post.

Last edited:
Hello,

I have to report what is going on this migration. There is a select group of people who are collecting 10% hp eomons using vtol and then waiting for elm waves to happen and then as soon as wave starts they kill the entire spawn thereby getting maximum number of elms in shortest possible timing.

Personally i consider it an exploit. I have posted it on forum as well

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?276384-Using-Unfair-Advantage-Eomons

Kindly let me know the legality of this tactic being used to prevent normal/regular hunters of opportunities.

I will attach screenshot as proof of what is going on and you can see from the thread as well , as i have posted it there as well.

Hi Deth,

Thank you for contacting us.

This is strictly forbidden and we thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We will deal with the situation immediately.

Kind regards,
Hank | Entropia Universe Support

I hope this clarifies the issue for everyone. Please make sure to report any such activities.

Wonder if that 'dealing immediately' will be finished (or better yet, started) before the end migration :laugh:

Wonder if that 'dealing immediately' will be finished (or better yet, started) before the end migration :laugh:
And that's the issue right there; I understand that it may take some time to check the facts, but shouldn't take very long. A quick survey through the game's logs around the specified time frame should do. If they would take action more quickly, maybe a lot of these things wouldn't happen.

Mindark should design the system correct in the 1st place.

If something is not allowed, it should not be possible.

Don't do a half ass job of coding then blame your customers for not using it correctly.. :laugh:

Don't do a half ass job of coding then blame your customers for not using it correctly.. :laugh:

Agreed. Vehicles have been the cause of many problems from day one. I'd be happy to see them removed from most areas until MA comes up with a better solution.

Last edited:

While yes this should be the case, if you e ever done software development you should know that in a large system, it is almost impossible to negate all bugs and exploits because of the near infinite possibilities.

Solving this problem by current design would be to increase regen when not engaged or have regen at all. I really don't see why mobs shouldn't be able to attack vehicles but when they are airborne they will need to disengage.. but then re engaged when grounded. That doesn't include the predictable loot cycle.

It is easy to say ma needs to design it this way or that way and some things are obvious... but not everything is cut and dry.

andrey invisible junior is still doing it anyway,he is probably laughing at us and ma

While yes this should be the case, if you e ever done software development you should know that in a large system, it is almost impossible to negate all bugs and exploits because of the near infinite possibilities.

Solving this problem by current design would be to increase regen when not engaged or have regen at all. I really don't see why mobs shouldn't be able to attack vehicles but when they are airborne they will need to disengage.. but then re engaged when grounded. That doesn't include the predictable loot cycle.

It is easy to say ma needs to design it this way or that way and some things are obvious... but not everything is cut and dry.

Ive been a programmer for over 15 years, much of that time scripting in another virtual world.

2 possible ways to solve this; not allow avatars to enter vehicle whist engaged with a mob, or change mob scripting to detect if avatar has entered vehicle and impose a penalty for doing so, such as 100% chance of no loot.

Ive been a programmer for over 15 years, much of that time scripting in another virtual world.

2 possible ways to solve this; not allow avatars to enter vehicle whist engaged with a mob, or change mob scripting to detect if avatar has entered vehicle and impose a penalty for doing so, such as 100% chance of no loot.

not taking damage or inflicting damage for 5 minutes, respawn the damn mob.. We have tp chips & quad's..
In case of a crash, you should be able to relog in 5.. even reboot

Back