Using Unfair Advantage @ Eomons

Divinity

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Divinity Deth Undefined
This is to let everyone a bit about how things are pretty much F@cked up right now with eomon waves.

As most know that eomons are dropping elm guns in waves which basically are happening randomly between 30 and 90 minutes from end of previous waves. This is mostly known to all eomon hunters.

Now what some smart entropians are doing is

1. dragging a dozen mobs outside the normal spawn area to keep them segregated from other hunters.
2. Reducing the hp of the mob to 10% and keeping them that way.
3. Once they realise while hunting that the wave is going they start shooting all the 10% hp mobs and getting all the guns together.

I am told this is not against EULA by those who are doing and as such there should be no problem in naming them . I have found Andrey and Zayka so far doing this. From my understanding of the EULA it does say that if anyone is doing anything to get an unfair advantage over others, that constitutes are violation of the EULA. I could be wrong, who knows. All i know is this is what is preventing elm guns from dropping for every other hunter not using the "exploit". ( as per my understanding and i am not saying the people named are exploiters per say)

MA as we know are in vaccation and as such nothing can be done till its to late. I write this for 2 reasons

1. To let everyone know what is happening.
2. To understand how u would solve the situation.

The main problem is the tt of 1 ped being for weapons. Now if it was 50 peds , this would not work for these people. However, the problem with 50 ped tt is that then with the shrapnels most 50+ ped loots would consist of 10 ped tt guns and 40 peds of shrapnel ( which i personally find annoying) but it seems that to prevent this behaviour that is what is needed.

Feel free to share/discuss.

Discussion So far : 24.07.2015
-----------------------------------

1. People seem divided between whether this is an exploit or just clever tactics to hunt. In my personal opinion this is wrong as MA would not have wanted this by design but everyone has an opinion and to each there own.

2. The getting in and out of VTOL repetitively to collect eomons in a low HP state seems to be clearly an exploit. Whether MA acts on it or not is a different thing altogether but most people seem to agree that it is an exploit to do it repetetively.

Solutions
-----------

1. Make the elm guns to have higher tt value such as 50 so that farming cannot be done of the same.
2. Increase the regen on eomons and reduce the hp accordingly to keep overall statistics similar.

Support
----------

Hello,

I have to report what is going on this migration. There is a select group of people who are collecting 10% hp eomons using vtol and then waiting for elm waves to happen and then as soon as wave starts they kill the entire spawn thereby getting maximum number of elms in shortest possible timing.

Personally i consider it an exploit. I have posted it on forum as well

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?276384-Using-Unfair-Advantage-Eomons

Kindly let me know the legality of this tactic being used to prevent normal/regular hunters of opportunities.

I will attach screenshot as proof of what is going on and you can see from the thread as well , as i have posted it there as well.

Hi Deth,

Thank you for contacting us.

This is strictly forbidden and we thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We will deal with the situation immediately.

Kind regards,
Hank | Entropia Universe Support

Last edited:
i feel you, but this situation is almos same as using t10 guns only 5 minutes when wave is and shoot regular 40 dps guns while no wave.

that is same situation and can be considered as unfair advantage too. but...

i agree mindark shouldn't invent low tt loot at all.

because all this :

1. rare messages showing wave start
2. low tt 1-30 guns
3. wave (loot update) for all server at once (not seperate items)

made things that is happening now.

noone cared about tt when ul gun like niflhame was in loot waiting fot 18k hof to get it.

Reactions: das

For your delight

Presently my only way to defend against this is to shoot there 5% mobs down :). Yes i know its not smart of me spending peds but we need to all act against this :)

this loot system really sucks :( ...get rid of it!

same crap with mushrooms hunting, there should be no time when all the shrooms are dropping and the rest time is just a waste of time and money

i feel you, but this situation is almos same as using t10 guns only 5 minutes when wave is and shoot regular 40 dps guns while no wave.

I disagree on this part as it is not the same. This is equivalent to have 500 dps gun basically where in 10 seconds they loot 5-10 guns by shooting down 10 mobs whereas all the remaining shooters dont stand a chance. Using 40 dps while wave is not on and 100 dps when it is still puts them in same standing with rest of the hunters. Also using smaller gun means more decay in defense cost really :)

So I would say this is very unfair tactic and should be looked into at the earliest.

I disagree on this part as it is not the same. This is equivalent to have 500 dps gun basically where in 10 seconds they loot 5-10 guns by shooting down 10 mobs whereas all the remaining shooters dont stand a chance. Using 40 dps while wave is not on and 100 dps when it is still puts them in same standing with rest of the hunters.

So I would say this is very unfair tactic and should be looked into at the earliest.

i wanted to say that i feel that fair should be absolute random for people who using 40 dps or any dps all time, not having a idea to shoot in any happy minute.

because knowing "wave" time it is already making unfair advantage. it should be no waves at all.

This kind of loot system has been ingame for years now (very nicely seen during events) was exactly the case with holiday coats and hats, every 30 minutes 2coats and 4hats dropped, but as the worms had low hp it wasnt worth keeping them at 10% instead when you looted coat yhou had to shoot the next one with big gun to get another coat before anyone else could loot any.

And as many of you know the same system Works in regular hunting also (and also crafting and mining) there are specific intervals (either based on time or peds spent by whole population) after which good loots will start dropping, while FOMA was more popular it was rather easy to breakeven there if you kept your eye on global Chat, and as soon as globals started raining you dropped your bombs, and as soon as they stopped you stopped also.

so yeah this loot system has its flaws BUT calling it unfair advantage.... i dont think so, it would be unfair if MA employee would call him every time that something is about to drop to loot now, right now he is using information that everyone else also has to his/her advantage.

If you can predict which mob drops the next mod merc you are just smarter than rest of the players, but not gaining unfair advantage. (i am sad that i am not ingame myself as my gold card broke and new should arrive this weekend, otherwise i would try to fetch some of those nice guns also).

But still +rep for OP for sharing this information so everyone can use the same trick and therefore it wont work anymore. Sharing is caring. (Sorry have to spread some rep beforei can rep you again, but will get back to it as soon as possible)

Interesting, so this loot system is active all the time on other mobs too with different intervals. This could explain why on Ark, it took years to get the final Zadun & Hadraada DNA part to drop. They have full control. Makes sense though, but if only they could make it more fair.

so yeah this loot system has its flaws BUT calling it unfair advantage.... i dont think so, it would be unfair if MA employee would call him every time that something is about to drop to loot now, right now he is using information that everyone else also has to his/her advantage.

If you can predict which mob drops the next mod merc you are just smarter than rest of the players, but not gaining unfair advantage. (i am sad that i am not ingame myself as my gold card broke and new should arrive this weekend, otherwise i would try to fetch some of those nice guns also).

But still +rep for OP for sharing this information so everyone can use the same trick and therefore it wont work anymore. Sharing is caring. (Sorry have to spread some rep beforei can rep you again, but will get back to it as soon as possible)

It is an unfair advantage when u keep the mob HP Low just like it is an exploit to keep your hp below 50% in pvp4 by using helmet. It is allowed by game mechanics, but as has been considered an exploit by the support.

Timing is a very different issue and that is how this game works. I am not complaining about it. You have compared it to looting in usual but this is not that. On foma even during high loot periods, you can run through amps without any returns at all. Same for other places as well be it mod merc. Here, we have 1 ped gun which for a mob of eomons size will always return at least 1 ped in loot. So basically every mob becomes an elm gun during the wave, till enough is looted and it stops looting.

If 100 people are shooting the normal way and 5 people do this, they can loot all of the guns and the 100 normal shooting people would not even be able to bring 1 eomon down and the wave will be over. I am pretty sure thats not how MA would want this to go. :)

Just my 2 cents worth

<Tooo much infooooooo>

Last edited:
It is an unfair advantage when u keep the mob HP Low just like it is an exploit to keep your hp below 50% in pvp4 by using helmet. It is allowed by game mechanics, but as has been considered an exploit by the support.

Timing is a very different issue and that is how this game works. I am not complaining about it. You have compared it to looting in usual but this is not that. On foma even during high loot periods, you can run through amps without any returns at all. Same for other places as well be it mod merc. Here, we have 1 ped gun which for a mob of eomons size will always return at least 1 ped in loot. So basically every mob becomes an elm gun during the wave, till enough is looted and it stops looting.

If 100 people are shooting the normal way and 5 people do this, they can loot all of the guns and the 100 normal shooting people would not even be able to bring 1 eomon down and the wave will be over. I am pretty sure thats not how MA would want this to go. :)

Just my 2 cents worth

What he said! :wise:

not that it matters because im a newb, but the wave for the ELM guns is same for LT stalkers and such. I get them like 3/4 kills in a row and then dont see any for a while.

Biggest problem with waves is that all shit drops at the beginning so its really easy to determine when is 'timer'. IMO this wavesystem is biggest flaw in EU as of now (even though i also made quite some bucks by 'using it'). Avg Joe who just plays for fun goes to eo because hes been told lots of guns dropping, but then after 80 minutes of hunt (WITH 0% CHANCE of loot a weapon) he leaves eo (but could be leaving game as its 'unfair').
And every rare loot has been put on ONE FKIN SINGLE WAVE!!!

And as for TT loot refresh, all gets whats deserved sooner or later, wave doesnt interfere there

Wait wait wait.... MA is on vacation during one of the biggest events the game has a year????

***Hey guys did you load the eomon in yet?
** Yeah Boss!
*****OK Everyone time for holiday! Cya next month!

:scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2:

Wait wait wait.... MA is on vacation during one of the biggest events the game has a year????

***Hey guys did you load the eomon in yet?
** Yeah Boss!
*****OK Everyone time for holiday! Cya next month!

:scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2:

They read my msg on facebook where i mentioned this wave crap and that shitloads of elm shouldnt be dropping at once. No respond though *surprise surprise*

Divinity, who are you to judge people??

Mby you think you are god with terminator now?

Ask MA about it first, if they say its unfair - I stop it immediately!

From my point of view i dint nothing illegal, i just like to kill few mobs fast at onece.
You come and kill my mobs, overdamage few mobs that i start shoot first and stole my loot!
Also said that u shoot first. You are thief and lier! And what u did 100% against EULA!

A wave system for loot is a toitally stupid idea indeed.

But to complain about an unfair system, when someone understands the game logic and then finds a way to optimize his income? As everyone can do this, I think it's clever, not unfair.

Still it's a stupid system as it gives players the feeling that there is inside knowledge. No question if it is or not, it's always bad, when a community doesn't understand the game logic.

I gave up hunting for this reason.. all this timing bullshit. It is very lazy programming to not come up with a proper loot system.

I have been wondering all the time how MA can call Eomon Blood sample " rare loot ".:lolup::lolup::lolup:

From my point of view i dint nothing illegal, i just like to kill few mobs fast at onece.
You come and kill my mobs, overdamage few mobs that i start shoot first and stole my loot!
Also said that u shoot first. You are thief and lier! And what u did 100% against EULA!

Killed your mobs for which u got the loot, not me :) So basically i fed your loot pool. lol. You can do the same for me anytime u want.

And I was clearing the rest of the undamaged mob collection you had where you claim u shot it first and yet it was moving towards me. :). So no i did not KS your mobs as much as i would like to :D

It really isn't that difficult to have an actual random distribution in a loot system. The only people at fault here are MA and their lazy programming.

2015-07-23 10:32:17 [Local] [Divinity Deth Undefined] If anyone does low mob collection..am gonna KS them
2015-07-23 10:32:31 [Local] [Divinity Deth Undefined] this is just to notify those who are doing it
2015-07-23 10:33:50 [Local] [Kamonpach BKK Empress] can&apos;t killsteal a 10% hp mob
2015-07-23 10:33:58 [Local] [Kamonpach BKK Empress] but can stop a farm
2015-07-23 10:34:03 [Local] [Divinity Deth Undefined] i will kill steal before that :p
2015-07-23 10:34:18 [Local] [Divinity Deth Undefined] andrey.this is meant for u :)
2015-07-23 10:34:31 [Local] [Divinity Deth Undefined] do that shit again.. and i am gonna ks every mob u shoot :)

2015-07-23 10:32:17 [Local] [Divinity Deth Undefined] If anyone does low mob collection..am gonna KS them
2015-07-23 10:32:31 [Local] [Divinity Deth Undefined] this is just to notify those who are doing it
2015-07-23 10:33:50 [Local] [Kamonpach BKK Empress] can&apos;t killsteal a 10% hp mob
2015-07-23 10:33:58 [Local] [Kamonpach BKK Empress] but can stop a farm
2015-07-23 10:34:03 [Local] [Divinity Deth Undefined] i will kill steal before that :p
2015-07-23 10:34:18 [Local] [Divinity Deth Undefined] andrey.this is meant for u :)
2015-07-23 10:34:31 [Local] [Divinity Deth Undefined] do that shit again.. and i am gonna ks every mob u shoot :)

Guess what?? He logged off and did not do it anymore and i did not KS his mobs. At times threat works better then actions. :) Ask him next time u see him, oh wait both of them are in your soc itself :D

As for Zayka , I gave him at least 100 peds in free loot :) So he should not be complaining..lol

Killed your mobs for which u got the loot, not me :) So basically i fed your loot pool. lol. You can do the same for me anytime u want.

And I was clearing the rest of the undamaged mob collection you had where you claim u shot it first and yet it was moving towards me. :). So no i did not KS your mobs as much as i would like to :D

Its not funny at all! You, thief and lier, tryed ruin my hunt!
Keep away from me and my mobs next time please!

Its not funny at all! You, thief and lier, tryed ruin my hunt!
Keep away from me and my mobs next time please!

A thief that donated u loot?? Killed the mob for you?? Acted like a support shooter.. Awwww..

Wish i meet a few people like that..lol :)

Considering the returns, maybe we should all be doing this. This loot and lag are both a joke at the moment. I don't see any problem with them saving their partially dead mobs to kill whenever they see fit. I do think MA disagrees with kill stealing if that's what you've resorted to in order to stop them. Hopefully, they are leaving you some mobs to hunt, no idea if they are or not.

Just my 2 cents worth

How is it unfair to others? Cant you also do the same thing and collect bunch of mobs and let them chew your armor and pay decay for it? Otherwise maybe we should call all miners who drop bombs first and then drill all up during dry periods also cheaters? So should one player kill mobs although he knows they dont have the loot he wants at that moment? How can you force someone to kill mobs. KS`ing on the otherhand is indeed affecting their gameplay and nomatter what they do they cannot not be affected. So imo KS´ing is much worse.
And in pvp4 it is indeed a probleem cause someone with below half hp can loot you while you cant loot them, but in this case you can do exactly the same without ever touching him or his mobs, furthermore if everyone did it, it wouldnt work.

There is NOTHING unfair here, just pure game tactics. Unfair would mean that others cant do it themselves, but in fact they can. It is fair (specially thanks to your post in which you published it, so ANYONE can do it)

Don't hate the player, hate the game. ;)

i also don't AT ALL see a problem with this. you, on the other hand (OP) are interfering with another players game, which IS against the EULA.

quit being a crybaby. -rep

Back