Using Unfair Advantage @ Eomons

Hi Mr Zayka i asked support and its not allowed will you stop hunting like that?

On 2015-07-28 09:42:15 SUPPORT replied:
Hi La,

Thank you for contacting us.

This method of hunting Eomons is not allowed and by doing this you may risk having your account locked.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind regards,
Hank | Entropia Universe Support
On 2015-07-27 20:02:27 you wrote:
Helo, i see am reading in forum high skilled people using Vtol to hunt Eomon to keep them t 5% untill guns lootwave comes.And kill them all at short time. My question is can i get banned if i do this? Or am i allowed to use Vtol to hunt eomons to avoid decay on armor?

Here couple of links of proof taken by some1 else https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=302563.
And they even admidt it in the forum. Here is the link to thread : https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?276384-Using-Unfair-Advantage-Eomons.

Can u tell me if i am also allowed to do this or do this people risk getting banned?

Best Regards

Nothing like a clean answer from support to know.
We can only imagine or guess if allowed or not but none better than MA themselves to tell the rules
Thanks for sharing

Thank you all for the discussion of the problem.
I am corresponding with MA.
While they will not give me an explanation for all acts and omissions, I'll do what you think is right and that's all.
If someone thinks that I do or do not strictly legally it is your personal opinion.

Helo, i see am reading in forum high skilled people using Vtol to hunt Eomon to keep them t 5% untill guns lootwave comes.And kill them all at short time. My question is can i get banned if i do this? Or am i allowed to use Vtol to hunt eomons to avoid decay on armor?
VTOL hunting is not allowed? Yesterdays papers...

Too bad we still don't know if exploiting the rare loot waves is allowed or not. Without using VTOL.
Now that answer would make some very interesting reading. :smoke:

Hi Mr Zayka i asked support and its not allowed will you stop hunting like that?

On 2015-07-28 09:42:15 SUPPORT replied:
Hi La,

Thank you for contacting us.

This method of hunting Eomons is not allowed and by doing this you may risk having your account locked.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind regards,
Hank | Entropia Universe Support
On 2015-07-27 20:02:27 you wrote:

Here couple of links of proof taken by some1 else https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=302563.
And they even admidt it in the forum. Here is the link to thread : https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?276384-Using-Unfair-Advantage-Eomons.

Can u tell me if i am also allowed to do this or do this people risk getting banned?

Best Regards

You can relax amigo, I dont use VTOL for hunt eomons now.

And who really must get ban - its man with his fuc..ing gorilla at young eomon spawn! :laugh:

Last edited:
There was an announcement thingy not to long ago from MA or PP about using VLOTS in hunting, that seemed to suggest it was ok to use them.

If someone can dig that post up..... :yup:

Just like a taming pic when it was first said they were bringing it back, with a Vixen at a Calypso Arena...

Last edited:
There was an announcement thingy not to long ago from MA or PP about using VLOTS in hunting, that seemed to suggest it was ok to use them.

If someone can dig that post up..... :yup:

this one???

To counter this you can team up with other players and use different roles as riflemen, Healers (FAP) and even escape vehicle drivers. This way your team can build your own distinctive way of hunting and create loads of fun!
Originally Posted Here

YEah!!!! :laugh: Like +1 and another +1

for being able to remember what post from a year ago had that!

June 6 to June 9 2014

Another note, it seems like if any player can find a way to make PED off of hunting it will either be called and exploit or gets patched...

<removed>
Zayka and andrey are since this was brought to surface no longer WSS, they got questioned in soc and chose themselfs to leave since they so strongly believe this is legit. (In my eyes strong act of good men, they honestly dont think they are doing wrong and MA hasnt told them otherwise)

Its ok to question the act itself wich I guess was divs main point when he brought this up (allthough through mentioning names it has turned into nameing and shameing), <removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
Just adding my two pecs.

The only exploit i see here is, using a vehicle to stop taking damaging.

Getting a load of eomons to 10% and keep them there ready for the rare drops, is just common sense. That is not an exploit. But using a vehicle to not gain damage while you are doing that, is imao an exploit.

Rgds

Ace

Lets keep the thread ON TOPIC please. I know its easy to express preconceived notions w.r.t affiliations based on past experiences, however I would request that such discussions take place outside this thread and in there secretive corners around the forum. :)

Just adding my two pecs.

The only exploit i see here is, using a vehicle to stop taking damaging.

Getting a load of eomons to 10% and keep them there ready for the rare drops, is just common sense. That is not an exploit. But using a vehicle to not gain damage while you are doing that, is imao an exploit.

Rgds

Ace

That's how I view it.

Last edited:
So far I know that most exploit in this game is make other players upset...

This is still happening. Blackangels HQ guilty this time....just viewed on someone's stream.

+rep Divinity for bringing this to people's attention.

Whether or not it's "fair" I don't care, that's purely for MA to decide. But everyone in EU should be made aware of it. Seems like most people are not liking this loot system and a well-informed playerbase constantly giving feedback is what keeps this game running smoothly.

You should see how Zina trap mobs using 2 x IFN - Medical Partition. He put them close to each other, forming V, put mob there and shoot from other side while mob cant reach him :laugh: Good it was pvp, so killed him, took his furnitures and made support... Im sure some BA would say it was smart way to hunt...

Unfortunately, unless I missed something in that video there is no trapping or vtol hunting, just damaged mobs.

You should see how Zina trap mobs using 2 x IFN - Medical Partition. He put them close to each other, forming V, put mob there and shoot from other side while mob cant reach him :laugh: Good it was pvp, so killed him, took his furnitures and made support... Im sure some BA would say it was smart way to hunt...

When I was reading this, I was thinking how entertaining the video of that would have been. I could just see you walking away with his TV and shit :laugh:

what is this video supposed to show? was there supposed to be an exploit in this video? :dunce:
there's no trap, no using vehicle to escape aggro shown here!...

and you are on stream telling people to drag his mobs to water to drown them!
drowning people's mobs is a violation, not pre-damaging! :wise:
hypocrite much?! pffft :lolup::ahh:

why are you encouraging people to send support cases in for something that is not an exploit, while at the same time advocating breaking the ToU? :dunno: :duh:

in my view this is an exploit and on the other side drops should not be in waves like it is, but my guess is MA cant change the loot system =)

on the other side drops should not be in waves like it is, but my guess is MA cant change the loot system =)

From cyreneforum.com:

Kris | Cyrene said:
We've made substantial changes to how loot drops happen on Cyrene (in conjunction with MindArk) to try and alleviate loot dropping in waves. This will be an ongoing process that we will continually adjust as needed.

Looks to me that they can... :dunno:

1. Items and / or globals have been in waves since the beginning of time, anyone who hasnt realised this with more than 1 year of playtime should really consider a different gaming career.

2. If you use a vtol to avoid getting hit while hunting its an exploit.

3. If you keep many mobs at low hp only to finish them off as a wave hits, its NOT an exploit.

When i did iron missions i often killed 3-5 mobs before looting any of them, often i could wait until a global popped up before looting all mobs fast ( unless it took too long before they risked timing out )

There is a good reason why there is a time out timer on dead mobs, havent you guys figured that out yet?

Loot collection pills is an invention for people who think its a feature, when in fact it makes you not controlling when the looting occur.

From cyreneforum.com:

Looks to me that they can... :dunno:

People don't realize that this can take a while to go through and there are a lot of moving parts that can and do change on the fly and cause all kinds of problems. Also it depends on the resources available, the people, the budget, the tools, methodologies, philosophies, cycles, automation, dba's availablity, password rotations, tool upgrades, current development, future development, programs, projects, support work, server patches, server moves, upgrades, retirements, disaster recovery work, network changes, upgrades, database patching, moves, upgrades, backups, conversions, application patches, upgrades, outages, working with vendors to resolve issues can sometimes take forever, training, vacations, conferences, LOA, for any number of reasons, and on and on and on. All of this takes time. The smaller the company, the smaller the team the more multi-tasking the less time to focus on one thing, the longer something can take, etc.

The process can go something like this...

First they get a gazillion support cases from all the moronic end users who think if they overload the support system it will somehow go faster :laugh: so they have to sort through all of those and separate the wheat from the chaff.
Then they have to have a meeting to discuss the support cases.
Then they have to decide what support cases are a priority.
Then they have to schedule things to be worked on and decide what kind of release it is going to in and when that release is going to take place.
Then they have to research the problem.
Then they have to develop a solution.
Then they have to do a code review.
If problem during code review the developer goes back to the drawing board and fixes then goes back to code review for approval.
Then they have to check their code in and put it into development environment.
Then they have to do unit testing.
If there is a problem during unit testing developer will need to fix it.
If it tests fine the tester creates test evidence.
Then they have to create a change request and submit it for review and approval.
Then they have to wait for release meeting to have it reviewed and approved by the release manager.
If release manager finds a problem with change request, they send it back to developer to fix and resubmit with fixes.
Then the release manager approves it along with all the other things they are reviewing.
Then the release operations has to prioritize it for the next install/build cycle.
Then release operations puts it into the test/uat environment.
If release operations has a problem trying to install/build, they send it back to developer to fix the problem. When it gets fixed it goes back for release operations install.
If installed correctly with no issues then they have it tested.
If there is a defect discovered in testing the tester creates a defect and sends the change request back to the developer to figure out what the problem was.
Developer figures out what the problem was, cancels original change request and creates a new one for the new defect fix, closes out the defect and submits the defect fix change request for approval at the next release meeting and it starts the install process all over again.
If testing was good and no defect then it is approved and staged for production release.
Production day comes along and they deploy it.
Then they do prod verification/smoke test.
Then start the process all over again.

Or something like.

Like I wrote, depending on a lot of things there are many different ways to do it. But it can look like that, and it can be quick if there is not a lot of bureaucracy, or take a lot of time to get through that process, if it makes it through at all!

Note, there are a lot of steps I question if they are doing at all, like code review, testing, etc. but that is another story :laugh:

Reactions: jod
The whole reason this thread got started was because of bringing these eomons to low hp then killing them at once for the elm wave, how come wss gets hammered every time but this is ok?

Back