Using Unfair Advantage @ Eomons

So you agree is vtol exploit?

If they're exiting and entering a vehicle to avoid armor decay and avatar damage repetetively then it's an exploit, as MA has stated many times.. However I've had videos posted of players vtol hunting proterons and never getting banned.

MA can't just start throwing the banhammer around or they lose money, they make more money when people exploit by vtol hunting than they do by not playing at all. They still won't tt profit even if armor and fap decay is 0.

I like to think MA makes rules that are more like "guidelines" in practice so that everyone and their brother doesn't start vtol hunting. Fear is a powerful tool. Powerful enough for people to be afraid of having their items and ped and accounts locked for saving a few $ on decay. Others take that risk.

If they're exiting and entering a vehicle to avoid armor decay and avatar damage repetetively then it's an exploit, as MA has stated many times.. However I've had videos posted of players vtol hunting proterons and never getting banned.

MA can't just start throwing the banhammer around or they lose money, they make more money when people exploit by vtol hunting than they do by not playing at all. They still won't tt profit even if armor and fap decay is 0.

I like to think MA makes rules that are more like "guidelines" in practice so that everyone and their brother doesn't start vtol hunting. Fear is a powerful tool. Powerful enough for people to be afraid of having their items and ped and accounts locked for saving a few $ on decay. Others take that risk.

Hmmm, i guess that a yes

This whole wave system has been about for a while. Same thing goes on cyrene with bones and bone in meat. You can pretty much time when the next set of bones is about to drop. which the 30 to 90 mins is about right tbh but unless you got someone hunting them full time you can easily miss this window. So id say this is more groups doing this then solo people.

It basically gives a disadvantage to solo players. just my view on the whole matter.

<removed>

Ontopic : share the guns, don't be greedy.

Last edited by a moderator:
<removed>

Ontopic : share the guns, don't be greedy.

In a game where real money is at stake and can be made there will always be greed. The day I see someone giving away UL sib guns, imp fap, or even just pure ped without some ulterior motive or personal gain, I will sellout and shove my fist into my own face for being so greedy myself.

Selling loot for markup is even greedy.. Shouldn't everything be 100% markup if people don't want to be greedy. I say don't share the guns, the system needs to reward players who are smarter and put more intellectual effort into besting the house odds.

If you want fairness then fuck it, give everyone shrapnel and ammo for all loots. That way we can hear everyone cry some more about how hunting has no markup.

In a game where real money is at stake and can be made there will always be greed. The day I see someone giving away UL sib guns, imp fap, or even just pure ped without some ulterior motive or personal gain, I will sellout and shove my fist into my own face for being so greedy myself.

Selling loot for markup is even greedy.. Shouldn't everything be 100% markup if people don't want to be greedy. I say don't share the guns, the system needs to reward players who are smarter and put more intellectual effort into besting the house odds.

If you want fairness then fuck it, give everyone shrapnel and ammo for all loots. That way we can hear everyone cry some more about how hunting has no markup.

Think we got our "greeds" mixed up here, how does selling loot at Auction for markup fall in the same catergory as trying to loot multiple guns in short period of time due to this system?

I've been trying to keep up with this thread, but it's kind of tough. Can someone help me out with the following questions?

If I manage to drag a few eomon off and get them down to, say 20% or so, will Divinity come and finish them for me, too?

Do I need to send a PM or something?

Do I need to be present, or can I just send the location?

Or is this finishing service available only to select people? If so, that doesn't seem fair. We should all have the same opportunity to get our eomon finished for free.

I've been trying to keep up with this thread, but it's kind of tough. Can someone help me out with the following questions?

If I manage to drag a few eomon off and get them down to, say 20% or so, will Divinity come and finish them for me, too?

Or is this finishing service available only to select people? If so, that doesn't seem fair. We should all have the same opportunity to get our eomon finished for free.

I rarely logon, even less shoot at a mob and hunt (unless mobtrained) but seriously this post has my full attention.

If I can kill eomons for 85-90% of full price I might just do it.

OP please let us know what we have to do to set something up

I rarely logon, even less shoot at a mob and hunt (unless mobtrained) but seriously this post has my full attention.

If I can kill eomons for 85-90% of full price I might just do it.

OP please let us know what we have to do to set something up

A few suggestions for the OP to consider you having to do, first run around naked with a sausage in your hand while having a dog chase you, and then post it on youtube.

<removed>

Soooo people defend vtol exploit nowadays?

A few suggestions for the OP to consider you having to do, first run around naked with a sausage in your hand while having a dog chase you, and then post it on youtube.

<removed>

Now that was the first unconstructive post Ive seen today. I mean what if the dog wont chase me? I wont get OPs special service?

Another point here is OP liking the idea to drag someone elses mob into pvp.. one wonders how he would feel if his mob ended up in Ashi rig. .. oh he has a new gun I forgot :)

This whole lag thing just got abit too much.....I quit the migration all together.....this is far beyond pathetic......to run a rce in this shitty lag and call it an rce is a fcuking disgrace....

Last edited:
This whole lag thing just got abit too much.....I quit the migration all together.....this is far beyond pathetic......to run a rce in this shitty lag and call it an rce is a fcuking disgrace....

Off topic, but I think 95% of players would agree.. Yet it seems the MA office appears vacant all summer with the exception of patching migration in.

Honestly maybe I need to move to Sweden.. I'm lucky to vacation for 2-3 weeks through the year in the states. I'd love 1-month holidays.

Back on topic, until an official statement is made by MA saying that this is unfair, then everyone needs to chill the fuck out. MA constructed the system the way they did for a reason.. It's just part of the game.. Love it or hate it you're playing it.

Off topic, but I think 95% of players would agree.. Yet it seems the MA office appears vacant all summer with the exception of patching migration in.

Honestly maybe I need to move to Sweden.. I'm lucky to vacation for 2-3 weeks through the year in the states. I'd love 1-month holidays.

Back on topic, until an official statement is made by MA saying that this is unfair, then everyone needs to chill the fuck out. MA constructed the system the way they did for a reason.. It's just part of the game.. Love it or hate it you're playing it.

They asked that a while back using vtol to hunt getting unfair advantage.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...g-quot-IS-an-exploit-now-confirmed-by-support!

From your point of view, i'am sure you are 100% right but it's far from reality ;) You say that someone who profit by playing a game is a morron, where the guy who profit think you all guys are morrons. some people in here made decent money from pixels, bought a house from it ( Star merucury or whoever she is ). I think that even if you are making decent money IRL, entropia is a platform where the competiton for profit between players is ferocious and very challenging. People who profit on regular basis are just smarter than the mass and they are right to exploit their strenghts... Even if that's only in a video game :)

I did not call someone making profit from the game a moron but if he thinks he is being smart then he is. :) While someone made a house in 10 yrs from profit from a game the actual smart people are buying a house a year along with vaccationing across the world, donating $'s to the poor, buying yachts, cars by the dozens. You see where i am getting to now?

are we still debating whether this is an exploit or not? And whether it is fair or not?

Let's review a basic checklist:

Is the action directly harming tt returns of other players (in ped amount)? NO
Is the action taking advantage of the dynamic loot system and gaining an unfair advantage over the house? NO
Is the action violation the EULA? NO

As long as they're still taking some sort of decay I doubt MA will do anything.. And even then they'll still do nothing, because banning players means a loss in revenue.. Look at monria, no one was banned, at all.. Despite it being a clear exploit.

I think you are confused really. First u made a check list of it not being an exploit. Then you go on to say the vtol part even if it is an exploit will not be an issue MA take actions against. I am not here to get people banned. I am here to debate whether this is correct or not and for MA if possible to find a solution to it. Since that will take long with MA on vaccation, we are discussing here amongs players and spreading the knowledge of it to even out the advantage some are taking.

That was yesterday. This is an evolving game and strategies need to evolve as well. Try it and we shall see how both sides evolve there strategy. If you can't keep up with a thread I do wish you gl with keeping up on strategies :D

Too bad so many posts were moderated and i did not get to read them. :(

That picture made me question a few things..I always use TP chip so I'm unsure of answer.

#1-I can't remember if Vtol has guns or not.(since I haven't used mine in over a year.)
#2-Can you shoot mobs with Vtol (if gun capabilities are present) and can you shoot mobs with a quad?
#3-If able to shoot mob wave with kismet guns..Did you/anyone do that to either gain an advantage of bigger/better loot items from higher gun?
#4-Can mob wave be dragged off with vehicle to players advantage to be killed exclusively for said player doing the dragging?

Thank You ahead for answers. :D

Last edited:
<removed>

A rule I have is simply this: Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

To do what you know you shouldn't because you can shows your poor character and I (and others) want nothing to do with you.

<removed> I think it is not against EULA to hold low hp mobs and kill then when you like, however vtol should not be used.

hum, a lot of 5% mob siting there nobody is shooting, nobody has agro, nobody to take decay.....
so I guess they nobodys mobs am I right?

so would it be ok to drag them to turret and add back in spawn at full hp so we have more mob to hunt? ;)

Shooting a 5-7% HP mob is not KS because i did not get to loot the mob. They did. As far as i understand that is not KS'ing. Where i started, it was Andrey who was doing this and this caused me to keep running because every mob in sight was 5% hp and i could do nothing about it.
nop that's not stealing that's been kinda and giving few shots for free ma should reward you for been kinda to the poeple :lolup:

nop that's not stealing that's been kinda and giving few shots for free ma should reward you for been kinda to the poeple :lolup:

Translation: As long as you do things to WSS we love you, but we are always surprised MA lets us roam free and fort exploit or aim exploit in pvp and what not and slightest thing WSS is in The focus of attention.

Last edited:
Translation: As long as you do things to WSS we love you, but we are always surprised MA lets us roam free and fort exploit or aim exploit in pvp and what not and slightest thing WSS is in The focus of attention.

Hey Moe whats your opinion about them using vtol hunting?

<removed>
By the way, Hulk dont farm at all!

For a change I am awake and i get to read stuff before it all gets deleted in a couple hours when Serica gets active :D

if you (MA) dont want to fix your crappy loot system at least give those Eomons a bit of regeneration :yup:

Are u serious? :D The amount they hit and the hp is quite a bit already m8. Please don't give such an idea to MA that they might just implement it..lol Then we all have to suffer.. hahaha

<removed>

I personally agree that this might be a problem but be we are neither police or jury and PCF is a really bad place to make this sort of threads for constructive thinking and a supportcase and developers attention and opinion is whats needed not trolls on a forum.

//Linzey

I must say that the problem is MA and how the loot system is done. But it's the complete core of the application and so I am afraid MA won't touch that. The loot system works like this since the beginning (the same algorithm was just ported to Cryengine, I don't think they changed anything).

Now with the limited resources they have, would you start changing some core functionality like that? Nah, I would rather leave it as it is :D

So, we can assume MA won't change those things and so it's up to the players to behave somehow.

But that's hard, because of how MA is cutting MU and returns (but that's not only because MA would be greedy, it's because of the way the player base shrinked, and some decisions just had to be made so the game can simply continue).

So, I understand you do everything you can to gain advantage and you basically cannot blame the people. Also they don't really use any bug in the system. They just understand about how the system works and they are taking advantage of it.

Now, it's hard to say for me, but yes WSS are skilled and experienced players, and they play EU a lot, so yes you see them taking advantage of almost everything and that's why it is putting them under this bad light. But can you really blame them?

Back to my normal mode, sure we can, bring the pitchforsk! :D

nah, really, think about it.. although MA had to make some decisions to keep the game running, it's still MA to blame and not WSS. <removed>

Advice? <removed> MA? stop working on stupid compets, invest in some talent rather then yourself and maybe try to revisit some core mechanics :)

Pecka

Back