Using Unfair Advantage @ Eomons

I haven't been on caly for 4-5 days now, but late last night (central time) about 13 hours ago, I started to hear from various people that E.L.M seemed to be dropping random. Meaning they just got one every now and then, and no longer in clearly defined and identifiable waves with the output amps etc...Like I said, I haven't been there to check myself, but has anyone else noticed this?

I haven't been on caly for 4-5 days now, but late last night (central time) about 13 hours ago, I started to hear from various people that E.L.M seemed to be dropping random. Meaning they just got one every now and then, and no longer in clearly defined and identifiable waves with the output amps etc...Like I said, I haven't been there to check myself, but has anyone else noticed this?

incorrect, wave-start drop still

Ive been a programmer for over 15 years, much of that time scripting in another virtual world.

2 possible ways to solve this; not allow avatars to enter vehicle whist engaged with a mob, or change mob scripting to detect if avatar has entered vehicle and impose a penalty for doing so, such as 100% chance of no loot.

I'm astonished to think that you believe mindark could implement that penalty without accidental consequences. There are valid reasons to get into a vehicle.. such as ninja spawns.

I am 100% against your proposal. We should focus less on the vehicle aspect (regen solves much of that side of the problem) and more on the poor loot distribution (waves). Side note.. cyrene and Arkadia worked hard to get rid of this exploitation of loot. It isn't completely solved but is better than it was... perhaps calypso (and rock) needs to start giving a shit and have mindark resolve it or better for all planet partners to get them to revamp it.. not mask it by not showing rare loots or changing the time.

I'm astonished to think that you believe mindark could implement that penalty without accidental consequences. There are valid reasons to get into a vehicle.. such as ninja spawns.

I am 100% against your proposal. We should focus less on the vehicle aspect (regen solves much of that side of the problem) and more on the poor loot distribution (waves). Side note.. cyrene and Arkadia worked hard to get rid of this exploitation of loot. It isn't completely solved but is better than it was... perhaps calypso (and rock) needs to start giving a shit and have mindark resolve it or better for all planet partners to get them to revamp it.. not mask it by not showing rare loots or changing the time.

Wtf drops in waves on RT??? Oh maybe some planet specific mob parts drop right away and eventually stop dropping if you keep hunting? SAME THING on ARK!!!! Oh I need madana tails? If no one hunted them for a while, they will drop right away until they run out! Everyone knows that. Quit acting like ARK is some Shangri La of fair distribution. ALL the planets have loot wave issues.

What else you talking about trying to bash RT? RT has shit for guns and the last decent UL shit dropped a year ago...WTF loot wave on RT you talking about??? 72 shotguns that go straight to the tt? God forbid!!!

The loot on RT works exactly the same as Ark or Cyrene...planet specific mob parts and stuff drops right away if it is in the pool and ready. On caly you don't see this as often because most stuff is continuously hunted, and there really isn't as much planet specific stuff except the ITEMS.

WHICH IS THE DAMN ISSUE HERE!!!>>>>THE ITEMS! Of which RT has like NONE of any consequence because MA says :censored: to RT all the time.

So you lumping RT into the same cat as Caly that is dropping ELM and good Armor and faps IN MASSIVE :censored: WAVES is absolute horseshit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I stopped reading this the moment you lost the ability to talk civilly. You know rocktropia has a loot wave issue. Hell you and hammer tell me that all the time. Lets not be coy. If you took the time to actually read the post, you would see that not only did I point out specific issues on two planets but I also commented that this is something that all planet partners need to concern themselves with. My point is that cyrene and Arkadia both have gone out of their way to reduce the impact these loot cycles have on their planets (perhaps too much)... but as I have also said (if you could consider reading) that it is not completely resolved. The problem is on a bigger level and unless the planet partners apply pressure, this won't get resolved. I can only imagine the discussions that are being had about the melee amp issue.

I'm not going to get into a bash war with you. You need to stop flying off the handle about everything and project your words like an adult. It is very tiring. Saying rocktropia with you is like saying bloody Mary three times unintentionally. You love rocktropia.. we got it. That's the beauty of this game.. there is something for everyone. You act as if I told your kid he was retarded.

If you havent noticed mostly all the items come in waves for the past year or 2, you havent really been playing EU or you really dont pay minimum attention.
Only now it got obvious but all over EU its been like this for all sort of crap
Either in bones (aurli bosses *caugh caugh* people that did it know what i mean) or mushrom drops (people waiting for hof or pm all around to find when shrom drop so they could time and go afk to try their luck on next).

Lack of care from MA.
The lag we face each day also shows that lack of care.
Imo adding regen to eomon would make it stupid, because its not only eomon loot problem, its overall, it needs something else other than waves, check your usual mob for "uncomon" loot and you'll see.
For example cyrene you got the bones, or bone in meat, stuff of that sort used for the new fap, you can be few hours with none, and in few minutes each mobs drops it, then dry again, same with boffin upgrade parts, but depends on the mob and on the part that timers are diferent.

I believe this is made to avoid hardcore grinders, hard to tell

If i cared more for EU atm ( lag sure sets me off)
I'd do what others are doing, nothing against rules afaik, so why not, more legit than some cheats and exploits people use daily and none seems to bat an eye for it, so i'd advise for the average player to start opening their eyes of what surounds them and how some really active players hunt or what do they hunt in specific time / areas

@Taco, you did speak of loot waves in RT for the bananas if i aint mistaken

Yes Ark and Cyrene both tried to improve the silly situation with rare drop waves but afaik all they could do was just changing the timers (can't be sure about the exact details).
Anyway, it's admirable they at least tried to do something about it, hats off for this, but obviously this problem can't be solved from PP side. The real solution can only come from MA.

As we're already talking about E.L.M. guns and Planet Partners - as a side note, those 1 ped guns with high MU are robbing all PP's considerable part of their income. The reason is very simple, PP gets their income from the decay of items that happens on that planet. (This is something i know for certain. It's not the only income source but u get the idea.)
Now think what happens after those E.L.M. guns are looted from all those lovely eomons? Some of them end up on other planets where they don't generate any decay (and ammo spent does NOT count towards PP's income). So there, u got a glimpse into what it takes to be a PP in EU. It's never easy, and not only for us... :p

Now think what happens after those E.L.M. guns are looted from all those lovely eomons? Some of them end up on other planets where they don't generate any decay (and ammo spent does NOT count towards PP's income). So there, u got a glimpse into what it takes to be a PP in EU. It's never easy, and not only for us... :p

Thats big pile of bs right there, like decay have nothing to do with loot or skills, nor does to PP revenue (in itself)
PP revenue comes from peds turned (ammo burned decay spent etc). IDK who came up with decay theory in the first place for skilling loot or anything else

I stopped reading this the moment you lost the ability to talk civilly. ... removed.... Saying rocktropia with you is like saying bloody Mary three times unintentionally. You love rocktropia.. we got it. That's the beauty of this game.. there is something for everyone. You act as if I told your kid he was retarded.

Oh come on, you know me better than a perceived tone of a written response...hell, we argue all the time in TS, but at least there you can hear me laughing...I guess for written words I need to use more smiley faces :laugh:

I figured you HAD to be trying to needle me because the only loot wave on RT is the mob specific loot, and that functions EXACTLY like it does on Ark, meaning it drops it right away if there is some in the loot pool, then it runs out of certain things once you hunt long enough, some things take longer than others, but in general, that's how it works.

Sorry if my tone sounded worse than I meant it to

Thats big pile of bs right there, like decay have nothing to do with loot or skills, nor does to PP revenue (in itself)
PP revenue comes from peds turned (ammo burned decay spent etc). IDK who came up with decay theory in the first place for skilling loot or anything else
This little green man who was talking about skills and loot is living only inside your head, regrettfully. What about PP revenue, you can't be right all the time. Now it's your turn to be wrong. Live with it. :p

It is an UNFAIR tactic as i am 100% sure MA did not want it to work this way.

The only way i can think of making it fair is by making it available for everyone till MA fixes it. :)

How is it an unfair advantage if everyone can do it?
How are you 100% sure MA did not want it to work this way?
How are you making it available to everyone by killing people's mobs when they do it?

Why don't you just write a support case and wait for result?... and leave people alone in the meantime instead of trying to be police, judge, and jury of other players? :dunce:

How is it an unfair advantage if everyone can do it?
How are you 100% sure MA did not want it to work this way?
How are you making it available to everyone by killing people's mobs when they do it?

Why don't you just write a support case and wait for result?... and leave people alone in the meantime instead of trying to be police, judge, and jury of other players? :dunce:

Why don't you read through the thread first before commenting?? :)

Hello,

I have to report what is going on this migration. There is a select group of people who are collecting 10% hp eomons using vtol and then waiting for elm waves to happen and then as soon as wave starts they kill the entire spawn thereby getting maximum number of elms in shortest possible timing.

Personally i consider it an exploit. I have posted it on forum as well

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?276384-Using-Unfair-Advantage-Eomons

Kindly let me know the legality of this tactic being used to prevent normal/regular hunters of opportunities.

I will attach screenshot as proof of what is going on and you can see from the thread as well , as i have posted it there as well.

Hi Deth,

Thank you for contacting us.

This is strictly forbidden and we thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We will deal with the situation immediately.

Kind regards,
Hank | Entropia Universe Support

that only tells me it's considered exploit if using VTOL to escape aggro, which is already common knowledge!

If you left the part about VTOLS out in order to address the real problem you have with this tactic (Saving the mobs for the loot waves)... you'd probably get a different answer!

do you just have a problem with it because of VTOLS? because this tactic can be done without vehicles! :wise: you can just shoot and heal until it's almost dead, then let it kill you, and fly/TP back! no vehicle exploit! would that make it ok?

(and yeah, I couldn't make it through the whole thread! WAAAY too much stupid drama than it's worth) :silly2:

Another thought, so to collect this way neccesitates a person to jump into a vehicle to remove the aggro from the mobs. Now last i heard that was an exploit. Doing that repetetively to collect mobs, would that be considered an exploit??

If you ban them for this you would have to ban every faper who jumped into a vehicle after their hunter dies from a crit :/ one of the stupidest rules ever imo

People complaining about using vtol to avoid agro, most surelly used it hunting to avoid a ninja for example.
And if that is exploit

So is logging off when loot is bad?

that only tells me it's considered exploit if using VTOL to escape aggro, which is already common knowledge!

If you left the part about VTOLS out in order to address the real problem you have with this tactic (Saving the mobs for the loot waves)... you'd probably get a different answer!

do you just have a problem with it because of VTOLS? because this tactic can be done without vehicles! :wise: you can just shoot and heal until it's almost dead, then let it kill you, and fly/TP back! no vehicle exploit! would that make it ok?

(and yeah, I couldn't make it through the whole thread! WAAAY too much stupid drama than it's worth) :silly2:

Why don't you make a SC and find that out ?? I asked what i saw was being done, if you have any further clarification , seek it out with support case yourself.

If you ban them for this you would have to ban every faper who jumped into a vehicle after their hunter dies from a crit :/ one of the stupidest rules ever imo

People complaining about using vtol to avoid agro, most surelly used it hunting to avoid a ninja for example.
And if that is exploit

You both are forgetting the keyword " Repetetively" which i used. In neither of the cases, it is done repetetively.

And if that is exploit

Ummm MA said that using it when killing a mob to avoid a ninja is NOT an exploit. You did not intent to kill the ninja when you arrived there and started shooting a different mob. And even if you want to shoot it after you finish the current mob, you can still use the vtol to move away from the ninja, as long as you don't use it when you start killing it.

Using it to mine in an area that has mobs, or to "vtol-kill" a mob is obviously a exploit. You intended to mine there, or you intended to avoid decay from a mob you were in the act of shooting. They also made that clear.

SO...your example of using it to avoid a ninja is pure troll and I am sick of it. MA said time and time again in 100 support cases that using it to avoid a ninja is not an exploit.

I just quoted on the ammount of fun stuff i been reading here, EU never ceases to have fun moments

Ummm MA said that using it when killing a mob to avoid a ninja is NOT an exploit. You did not intent to kill the ninja when you arrived there and started shooting a different mob.

Using it to mine in an area that has mobs, or to "vtol-kill" a mob is obviously a exploit. You intended to mine there, or you intended to avoid decay from a mob you were in the act of shooting. They also made that clear.

SO...your example of using it to avoid a ninja is pure troll and I am sick of it.

Can't rep u yet but yea, sick of the f@cking trolls trying to justify what they and/or their friends are doing..

Why don't you make a SC and find that out ?? I asked what i saw was being done, if you have any further clarification , seek it out with support case yourself.
because I don't care if people hunt this way, with or without VTOL...

what concerns me more is you interfering by killing other people's mobs and threatening other players!

but if YOU want any credibility to that support case in terms of saving the mobs for waves, instead of masking the issue with the VTOL exploit, you should re-address your case to clear that up! As it stands, all they are saying is using the VTOL to escape aggro is the exploit, that response has nothing to do with saving mobs for the waves!

because I don't care if people hunt this way, with or without VTOL...

what concerns me more is you interfering by killing other people's mobs and threatening other players!

but if YOU want any credibility to that support case in terms of saving the mobs for waves, instead of masking the issue with the VTOL exploit, you should re-address your case to clear that up! As it stands, all they are saying is using the VTOL to escape aggro is the exploit, that response has nothing to do with saving mobs for the waves!

Lets be very clear here. You don't care because YOU are doing it yourself ??

If so can u send me a few screenies and then i will ask support about it to confirm your doubts?? Does that sound fair?

You can ask your socmates and/or friends for the same in case they are doing it :)

Reactions: SHY
Well my thoughts are this after some serious hunting on longtooth. yes it might seem an unfair advantage but as my hunting log since sunday i have been consistently pulling + tt so as far, as im concerned these people might be benefiting from the mu but some of us grinders are not only pulling + tt but also getting the guns to. Could be in a lucky cycle but considering i have tried everything this month and failed to achieve that all these guys are doing is filling the loot pools and missing out on the multipliers.

not sure if other people are seeing this not that they would say anyways

Last edited:
Lets be very clear here. You don't care because YOU are doing it yourself ??

no, I don't do it (pre-damage or VTOL hunt), but I don't care if others do!

I don't even really like getting the ELM weapons, my storage has filled to capacity twice, and both my apartments are almost full of those crappy 1 ped weapons! :eyecrazy:

These kind of threads are not very new ... so sorry if i missed a point - i did not read all.

BUT:

Come on, what would this game be other than a slot machine if you would not be allowed to use what ever strategy comes to your mind.

IF MA thinks that hopping into a vehicle is not what your are supposed to be able to in order to avoid attacks,
Mobs should attack vehicles an crush them with the avatar inside...

IF <50% HP (still?) works in PVP, MA should simply change this:
Player-Loot = % of HP killed. So on a 100PED Ava you get 49PED if you killed him/her with 49% HP.

IF item waves are a problem because of farming pre-damaged low HP mobs inside the drop-window, MA could change this to "Chance by total HP killed" inside the drop-window.

Point is: Don´t blame the players, it would the a VERY boring "Game" if you just could pull the lever (ehh..trigger i mean). The fun is to figure out new ways to explore (not exploit) this game.

It ain´t a bug until its fixed!

<removed>

Before anyone brings out the RCE argument as an excuse for becoming all whiney and serious about everything, remember those who started the questionable activities are not stupid. They knew the risks very well. As long as Risk vs Reward's in the perfect balance, the gods of RCE are happy.

Besides, if we keep up this super serious attitude about everything that happens in the game it will die out of chronic lack of fun. :yup: [not joking]

:popcorn:

<removed>

2015-07-23 10:32:17 [Local] [Divinity Deth Undefined] If anyone does low mob collection..am gonna KS them
2015-07-23 10:32:31 [Local] [Divinity Deth Undefined] this is just to notify those who are doing it
2015-07-23 10:33:50 [Local] [Kamonpach BKK Empress] can&apos;t killsteal a 10% hp mob
2015-07-23 10:33:58 [Local] [Kamonpach BKK Empress] but can stop a farm
2015-07-23 10:34:03 [Local] [Divinity Deth Undefined] i will kill steal before that :p
2015-07-23 10:34:18 [Local] [Divinity Deth Undefined] andrey.this is meant for u :)
2015-07-23 10:34:31 [Local] [Divinity Deth Undefined] do that shit again.. and i am gonna ks every mob u shoot :)

It's pretty simple...

you see someone doing something you think is wrong, take a screenshot/video and file a support case! That's it, it's easy, that's all you do!

What you don't do is threaten other players, police the game yourself, shoot other peoples mobs to teach them a lesson, harass people in local chat, break the rules to get people to not break the rules, etc...

a little common sense goes a long way!

<removed>

It's pretty simple...

you see someone doing something you think is wrong, take a screenshot/video and file a support case! That's it, it's easy, that's all you do!

What you don't do is threaten other players, police the game yourself, shoot other peoples mobs to teach them a lesson, harass people in local chat, break the rules to get people to not break the rules, etc...

a little common sense goes a long way!

IMHO

Sadly thats the problem with society in general not enough people willing to take a stand for stuff they believe is wrong. In the case where MA looks the other way or is to busy enjoing vaction to do something, then it is the responcibility of the community to police themselves.

again IMO - and from talking to many others Im not the only one who feels this way.

And if people choose to police themselves and you dont like it - then screenshot and report to MA - lol

A little common sense goes a long way!
Well, it depends. Too much common sense in a video game often goes a very short way... ;)

Allright, u managed to bring out the only weak point in this whole affair. There was a threat, yes. However, no action followed. Still, that was a mistake, cuz this allows ppl like u to wave the legal argument.

So, score's 1:0 Tycoon ahead.

Let's take your toys away from u. Suppose we always carefully avoid doing (and saying) anything that's against the rules (ToU & EULA). Suppose there was no threat. Now take a look at the situation again.

Are we happy now?
If not, why not?

:wtg:

Divinity, who are you to judge people??

Mby you think you are god with terminator now?

Ask MA about it first, if they say its unfair - I stop it immediately!

From my point of view i dint nothing illegal, i just like to kill few mobs fast at onece.
You come and kill my mobs, overdamage few mobs that i start shoot first and stole my loot!
Also said that u shoot first. You are thief and lier! And what u did 100% against EULA!

Hi Mr Zayka i asked support and its not allowed will you stop hunting like that?

On 2015-07-28 09:42:15 SUPPORT replied:
Hi La,

Thank you for contacting us.

This method of hunting Eomons is not allowed and by doing this you may risk having your account locked.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind regards,
Hank | Entropia Universe Support
On 2015-07-27 20:02:27 you wrote:
Helo, i see am reading in forum high skilled people using Vtol to hunt Eomon to keep them t 5% untill guns lootwave comes.And kill them all at short time. My question is can i get banned if i do this? Or am i allowed to use Vtol to hunt eomons to avoid decay on armor?

Here couple of links of proof taken by some1 else https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=302563.
And they even admidt it in the forum. Here is the link to thread : https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?276384-Using-Unfair-Advantage-Eomons.

Can u tell me if i am also allowed to do this or do this people risk getting banned?

Best Regards

Back