Using Unfair Advantage @ Eomons

Considering the returns, maybe we should all be doing this. This loot and lag are both a joke at the moment. I don't see any problem with them saving their partially dead mobs to kill whenever they see fit. I do think MA disagrees with kill stealing if that's what you've resorted to in order to stop them. Hopefully, they are leaving you some mobs to hunt, no idea if they are or not.

Shooting a 5-7% HP mob is not KS because i did not get to loot the mob. They did. As far as i understand that is not KS'ing. Where i started, it was Andrey who was doing this and this caused me to keep running because every mob in sight was 5% hp and i could do nothing about it.

i also don't AT ALL see a problem with this. you, on the other hand (OP) are interfering with another players game, which IS against the EULA.

quit being a crybaby. -rep

You have it all wrong. I am not crying. I am just levelling the field by letting everyone know how to do the same. I am also not crying about losing a couple hundred peds in loot to others.

maybe still time to edit all of your posts in this thread then to reflect that position...

maybe still time to edit all of your posts in this thread then to reflect that position...

From the OP:

I write this for 2 reasons

1. To let everyone know what is happening.
2. To understand how u would solve the situation.

For your delight

Presently my only way to defend against this is to shoot there 5% mobs down :). Yes i know its not smart of me spending peds but we need to all act against this :)

this is you crying. this is not you telling us how to do it

this is you crying. this is not you telling us how to do it

Ah you want me to write a tutorial on how to do it?? The picture was to show how its done and how it looks :D

I do take the forum community to be smart enough to figure the remaining out :)

How's it crying??

Another thought, so to collect this way neccesitates a person to jump into a vehicle to remove the aggro from the mobs. Now last i heard that was an exploit. Doing that repetetively to collect mobs, would that be considered an exploit??

Ah you want me to write a tutorial on how to do it?? The picture was to show how its done and how it looks :D

I do take the forum community to be smart enough to figure the remaining out :)

How's it crying??

He's just missing the crying part, so he tried to add it in himself.
Although I think his attempt was not that good.

And as some have pointed out, the blame here is totally on MA.
Please design a system that is truly Dynamic, will you...
People are constantly taking advantage of these poor loot systems.

Another thought, so to collect this way neccesitates a person to jump into a vehicle to remove the aggro from the mobs. Now last i heard that was an exploit. Doing that repetetively to collect mobs, would that be considered an exploit??

Most likely yes, but I have yet to see a support case example that clearly states that using VTOL to hunt is an exploit. But people keep saying it is on the forums.

Best solution to this all would be to make the Eomon hunting grounds a no vehicle zone.
But I doubt that would happen, cause we would so a lot less hunters.
And MA ain't loosing money here since it is just 1ped items that are being taken advantage of.

Yes. It is already known that vtol hunting (as this would be) is exploiting. So this is multiple exploits.

To jqkill, this isn't crying. He is just letting people know what is going on.. which is destructive to the game as a whole. It takes advantage of a game design flaw (exploit) and sucks up the limited loot so that others who are playing as the game was intended will not get anything. No matter how you slice it.. it is shitty.

Best solution to this all would be to make the Eomon hunting grounds a no vehicle zone.

Awesome solution. While not perfect because a person can still die and come back but makes it that much tougher for sure... + Rep for being the first person to actually come up with a solution. :)

Added : Thought about it a little more and I dont think the fappers will like it though and I would understand that completely. The way eomons are, fappers are kind of important. So back to drawing board..lol

All I see is someone crying UNFAIR TACTIC

/done

All I see is someone crying UNFAIR TACTIC

/done

It is an UNFAIR tactic as i am 100% sure MA did not want it to work this way.

The only way i can think of making it fair is by making it available for everyone till MA fixes it. :)

Awesome solution. While not perfect because a person can still die and come back but makes it that much tougher for sure... + Rep for being the first person to actually come up with a solution. :)

Added : Thought about it a little more and I dont think the fappers will like it though and I would understand that completely. The way eomons are, fappers are kind of important. So back to drawing board..lol

Tp chip?

I don't get why people are allergic to those.

It is an UNFAIR tactic as i am 100% sure MA did not want it to work this way.

The only way i can think of making it fair is by making it available for everyone till MA fixes it. :)

Welcome to "Entropia Universe"...Last few years all this game is unfair !!! And like som1 said that is MA problem not players.

Tp chip?

I don't get why people are allergic to those.

Well healers would die if the hunter dies and with the way eomons crit that could be a lot of tp'ing leading to additional costs, hence the allergy i guess :)

Welcome to "Entropia Universe"...Last few years all this game is unfair !!! And like som1 said that is MA problem not players.

Its actually players problem, not MA's as MA has not much to lose this way. Players however who will be waiting for guns to drop would get none hunting the right way. Hence it is very much the players problem. :)

I don't like the "wave" loot system, but I don't see any "unfair advantage" here, anyone can do it.

Yes, now that everyone will know about it, everyone can do it and it will become more fair I guess. I still do wonder about the vtol bit. MA could consider it an exploit and ban people for it, not that I want bad to happen to anyone.

Yes, not that everyone will know about it, everyone can do it and it will become more fair I guess. I still do wonder about the vtol bit. MA could consider it an exploit and ban people for it, not that I want bad to happen to anyone.

It's a grey area. MA has said that using a vehicle to escape a mob is ok. They are not using the vehicle to repeatedly avoid damage from the mob, per se, so it's not "vtol hunting". I use a vehicle to escape bad situations all the time, especially when one spawns on my head.

The wave system is broken, worst shit MA ever made! If people would stop farming, all guys with super guns would get all the guns anyway! The system is so bad made! Pls MA remove the wavea, people just AFK and waits for wave, not spending shit, just maximize MU returns! THIS not helping the sufferung economy ingame!

People been doing this for a year on other mobs like marci and caperons, for the shrooms!

Guess MA just too lazy to care

It's a grey area. MA has said that using a vehicle to escape a mob is ok. They are not using the vehicle to repeatedly avoid damage from the mob, per se, so it's not "vtol hunting". I use a vehicle to escape bad situations all the time, especially when one spawns on my head.

Grey area how? This is repeated use of "vtol hunting" and not just to avoid a bad situation as you put it. The Idea here is the same and that is to remove aggro with the specific intention to not having to suffer decay costs. If they took decay all the time and tanked 20 mobs for entire duration, that would have been different.

Well healers would die if the hunter dies and with the way eomons crit that could be a lot of tp'ing leading to additional costs, hence the allergy i guess :)

Its actually players problem, not MA's as MA has not much to lose this way. Players however who will be waiting for guns to drop would get none hunting the right way. Hence it is very much the players problem. :)

I think not players problems that : all who knows wave systems playing 10min every hour and making profit.(Others who "enjoy the game" with playing more then 10min every hour can loose everything)

ITS MA PROBLEMS

Just all who knows and using that to get pyrite,shrooms,elm's...........more more more.. can do more profit with cheap L stuff than ppl who dont using that and have super eco stuff(weapons,armors,rings other stuff) and spend X-XXX K USD for that stuff.
So show me ppl who better play normal and loose than using that system (if ma not fixing)

Last edited:
As a non uber player I wanted to say thank you for your post. Most of the people that are using that exploit ( because regardless it is) are jumping on you, seam to either be in the same SOC or are using this themselves.

For us regular Joes we appreciate what you are trying to do.

Incase noone has told you this.

I would have posted this in your thread, but getting shunned by the ubers in that thread is probley not a good idea for a regular player like me.

Received this as pm and of course name withheld for privacy concerns. This for me was a WIN as that is what i set out to do in the first place.

To the sender : the only UBER i know of is the app i use to call for a cab when i need one. :D

I think not players problems that : all who knows wave systems playing 10min every hour and making profit.(Others who "enjoy the game" with playing more then 10min every hour can loose everything)

ITS MA PROBLEMS
Indeed!

Btw, it's hard to prove that collecting half-dead mobs is against EULA. U can argue that by collecting high MU loot u take advantage over other players... but that's a long shot. This whole system was designed by MA and it readily offers those opportunities...
Can't see how killing less than 50% HP mob could be interpreted as KillStealing either...

Neah, blame the system not ppl who use the system exactly as it was designed.
Truth is, we're all victims of the shitty coding. As soon as u realize how the system works u are in fact forced to use it. This is a schizofrenic situation, i'm sick and tired of it. :mad:

Personally, I think there's a gap between what you deem an "unfair advantage" and what MA deems as an exploit. If an unfair advantaged is defined as one or more avatars doing something differently than the majority of avatars on a same relative activity, then everything is an "unfair advantage".

This game is about adaption and survival... these avatars took notice of items drops, and used it to their own advantage without harming other avatars. The same way a miner would purposely drop only in an area of high markup.. is it an unfair advantage because that high markup area is unknown to the majority of players? No it is not.

MA will do nothing about the issue because these avatars are not exploiting the core system of the game. They are not causing players to lose TT returns, they are not boosting their own TT returns. They've just found a way to boost their markup, which MA "stays out of" (explosives......:dunce:)...

I don't quite understand the point of this post.. other than to inform all players of this ability to gain more markup. The term "unfair advantage" is wrongly attributed to players gaining an economic advantage by using intelligence and skill, not violating any of the core concepts of EU.

Don't hate the player, hate the game. ;)

I wonder why MA cant just program the loot to be evenly distributed through the day!
everything is in freaking waves that is not fair for people in different countries with time differences.
Loot is supposed to be equal for all, but it's just a time game, that some smart players learn to explore.

We can't blame the players for something that should be made fair and even.

Last edited:
Grey area how? This is repeated use of "vtol hunting" and not just to avoid a bad situation as you put it. The Idea here is the same and that is to remove aggro with the specific intention to not having to suffer decay costs. If they took decay all the time and tanked 20 mobs for entire duration, that would have been different.

It's not "vtol hunting". They use rockets or other long range weapons and strafing to avoid damage, not the vehicle. The mob could be killed without the vehicle. The vehicle is used to break off agro, which many others do.

The real problem is the wave system.

in my humble opinion, players should be able to see any timing of rare loot at all. i really appreciate that mindark turned the crystal and shroom rare item hofs off, but it was only a tiny fix to the main problem, which is a noticeable timing in rare items. hello mindark?!? is it that hard to change to random timing, different on each server, mob or whatever? :scratch2:

please understand me, i love to hunt and shoot mob, and just can't swallow, that people skip and do nothing until the next item wave begins. this sucks even more than mindark! :silly2:

Back