Using Unfair Advantage @ Eomons

In a way I can see the debate going on within MA about this and in an odd way I can see why MA will side allowing it since at the end it just will bring the MU down for the item in the wave and well MA will loose less.
It was MA who created those 1 ped guns with this huge MU. Nobody asked them to do that, it was entirely their idea.
Think about it. If MU on these items is a problem for them, why create this stuff in the 1st place?

Don't get me wrong, i love good conspiracy theories. Stupid conspiracy theory however has no entertainment value. It's just that, stupid and boring. Sry. :flush:

Ma need to find a better algorithm for loot distribution instead of being lazy. unless it was their idea to get everyone to hunt during happy hour every hour. Im sure they could find a decent random loot algorithm they could copy and paste from somewhere ???? But looking at the drops on longtooth when happy hour comes the loot completely changes, so i assume their running two different loot tables based on time instead of 1 with a few elm guns spread about.

It was MA who created those 1 ped guns with this huge MU. Nobody asked them to do that, it was entirely their idea.
Think about it. If MU on these items is a problem for them, why create this stuff in the 1st place?
I guess the only "problem" for them is what to do with the increased influx of auction fees, since the item price consists almost entirely of markup. They must have foreseen this "problem".

If any of the described exploits or behaviours of players lead to increased income, whether intended or foreseen or not, then it leads to the same motivation to fix the "problem". Which is zero. They only shoot themselves in the foot if a larger income stream runs dry because of people quitting over perceived unfairness. I guess that's a thing of trial and error to find out.

So, when searching for an explanation, always follow the money. No, I don't begrudge a company its revenue. Otherwise none of us would be here. Just some of the tricks make one feel jaded. Really jaded, if you were ever hoping to win something other than a good time spent with entertainment.
:bandit:

I guess the only "problem" for them is what to do with the increased influx of auction fees, since the item price consists almost entirely of markup. They must have foreseen this "problem".

If any of the described exploits or behaviours of players lead to increased income, whether intended or foreseen or not, then it leads to the same motivation to fix the "problem". Which is zero. They only shoot themselves in the foot if a larger income stream runs dry because of people quitting over perceived unfairness. I guess that's a thing of trial and error to find out.

So, when searching for an explanation, always follow the money. No, I don't begrudge a company its revenue. Otherwise none of us would be here. Just some of the tricks make one feel jaded. Really jaded, if you were ever hoping to win something other than a good time spent with entertainment.
:bandit:
My thoughts exactly. We have a broken feature here that doesn't live up to ppls expectations.
I doubt MA is happy with this either... but for some reason they seem to be afraid to touch the core loot algorithms. That's too bad. They should make an exception in this case and change the algorithm.

Don't get me wrong, i love good conspiracy theories. Stupid conspiracy theory however has no entertainment value. It's just that, stupid and boring. Sry.

But it's what makes this game so damn fun! :)

Well they are working on that issue as we type now. And it's called User Bound items that are slowly coming out month by month. Started out really slowly but now as we see each VU they are picking up momentum.

I tested this today on 3 different "waves". I hadn't read through this entire thread yet; however, I was doing this with the good old fashioned way. I tanked about 10 eomon young and then killed them when people all said ELM guns were dropping. This gave mixed results but overall I'd say I got more than I was "supposed" to get.

A few things to note:

1) If you tank the mobs the whole time and don't get in your VTOL, how could this be against the rules?

2) I've seen every high level player or their fapper get into a VTOL at one time or another to avoid a mob from killing them (either for ninja spawns or after the hunter died to avoid having to tp back as the fapper). It would seem to me this is almost an acceptable practice in the case where you are deciding not to kill a mob vs. deciding not to have it kill YOU. I am not saying I did this or would like to do this, just pointing that out. This doesn't seem the same to me as getting in the VTOL to do a pong hunt between 2 people who can't kill the mob.

3) Why is it that the loot drops like this? Having dropped a shit ton of PEDS into Eomon Stalkers, it doesn't feel good to realize that killing youngs for 5 minutes per hour is more profitable.

_______

I do feel like the items are greatly reduced as far as a204/adj faps/supremacy parts and instead replaced with Eomon Blood/ELM guns (aside from the 2 loots that 1 guy got). What exactly would we hunt stalkers for in the future? I really love EU and want it to go the right way. I often have trouble understanding what the bigger plan might be in cases like this.

Thanks for posting Divinity and I don't think Zayka/Andre were really doing anything so horrible in this case (aside from the VTOLS being questionable).

I tested this today on 3 different "waves". I hadn't read through this entire thread yet; however, I was doing this with the good old fashioned way. I tanked about 10 eomon young and then killed them when people all said ELM guns were dropping. This gave mixed results but overall I'd say I got more than I was "supposed" to get.

Few mins ago noticed that spawn i hunt is smaller and smaller. When was 6 mobs left i did fly to see what is happening. Found Andrey InvisibleAndre Junior with 30+ damaged mobs. So if Star with 10 mobs farms got more, imagine how many farms of 30+ gives... Can only guess how big cut of all ELM guns, outputs and all other "wave" loot one guy gets, reducing looting chance to loot ELM for all others players who hunt all the time, not just making big farms and killing during ELM time...

I do not know if you guys think its fair or not, but i think its abusing system and other players.

P.S. I know few say its "smart hunt". So question to all others - are you guys stupid, or just dont like profit? :)

Last edited:
Many other games have implemented so that you cant do certain actions while in combat, I don't see why Entropia cant just have it so that you cant spawn vehicles while in combat.. its pretty simple.

Many other games have implemented so that you cant do certain actions while in combat, I don't see why Entropia cant just have it so that you cant spawn vehicles while in combat.. its pretty simple.
And then they'd just spawn it before damaging anything,wouldnt fix it.

The only change I see from this if everyone keeps making a fuss is insane regen on Eomons making it not worth it.
Careful what you wish for people.

The only change I see from this if everyone keeps making a fuss is insane regen on Eomons making it not worth it.

This has to be considered of course, minor tweak to the initial idea tho..still easy stuff

the better solution is do away with the wave crap!

I remember a time not so long ago when these stupid waves didn't happen like they do today! I'm sure it's not like they are running around the office freaking out because they have no idea how to end the waves and make everything more balanced like it used to be!...

they want it to be the way it is now, just adapt! :wise:

the better solution is do away with the wave crap!

Forgive the emphasis, but I reckon Ulf may see it, even if no one else does.

Do it, do it soon, or ComPets will be all there is. :(

I tested this today on 3 different "waves".

Thanks for posting your observations.
MA is really throwing this game in the pooper IMO

I assume all mobs are dropping their "better" items in waves?

Really sucks to be a normal player trying to occasionally login and hunt. We have a major disadvantage.

I assume all mobs are dropping their "better" items in waves?

Really sucks to be a normal player trying to occasionally login and hunt. We have a major disadvantage.

Yes, all mobs... and not just mobs... mining too.
Yes, normal players who want to shoot, mine, skill up got big disadvantage. More people should complain to support, maybe then something will be done...

Do it, do it soon, or ComPets will be all there is. :(

What if this is what MA is trying? I know that they do want to get rid of the old time players to have new players deposit and leave but from what has been going on this last year...this kind of is odd but making sense.

This shit allowed or not?

My experience is being ruined knowing some people can cheat and get away with it.

4h run, 2 elms, i know of one person using the tactic yesterday, now i am considering not participating in the Migration anymore.

My experience is being ruined knowing some people can cheat and get away with it.

4h run, 2 elms, i know of one person using the tactic yesterday, now i am considering not participating in the Migration anymore.

gun drop drastically decreasing, and its decreasing naturally already i think

//mg Joda VVV VVV

gun drop drastically decreasing, and its decreasing naturally already i think

//mg Joda VVV VVV

I did notice some damage changes on Eomon yesterday, guess they tweaked that and the elms.

MA say it is allowed to do farms, as long as yours mobs do not make problems for others and you dont take all mobs for yourself - its what they told. However, not 100% sure if it is allowed to use vtol as Andrey InvisibleAndre Junior use most of the time. Saw few others trying to do farms for few times, but none did use Vtol like Andrey.

Maybe you Hulk just say that you hate me and everything?
I think you're already tired of all with its suspicions,

I think you're already tired of all with its suspicions,
Tried to translate this back to Russian but i give up, can't make heads or tails out of it.
C'mon guys, if you don't speak english, write in your native language - then at least some people can read it. If you use google translate, you will end up with bunch of gibberish thats really hard to decipher.

(I have no dog in this fight, just saying)

Hunting licenses for vehicle Hunting..

2. The getting in and out of VTOL repetitively to collect eomons in a low HP state seems to be clearly an exploit. Whether MA acts on it or not is a different thing altogether but most people seem to agree that it is an exploit to do it repetetively.

Solutions
-----------

1. Make the elm guns to have higher tt value such as 50 so that farming cannot be done of the same.
2. Increase the regen on eomons and reduce the hp accordingly to keep overall statistics similar.

#3Dont take vehicle hunting out of game it will eventually add a new dynamic to game. Example weapon mounted pvp/pve. Entropia is suppose to be a realistic game, so anything you can think should be able to be done.

Support
----------

Those are good solutions but how bout this... require hunting passes for vehicle hunts which cost ped thus limit or controlling excessive vehicle hunting.

There are several vehicles which have areas to mount weapons so making vehicle hunt illegal you kill the sales of the mount weapons thus making them useless.

Games that control creativity become stale and uncreative, so iam sure there is a way to fix this to make both side happy. I loved to ram and kill mobs with my pitbull right now its pretty useless.

Back