Thanks MA (positive ;)): Moving dynamic data feature

Smoerble

Elite
Smoerble
I wanted to move Entropia from y normal HDD to my SSD... and just by changing the content folder in the loader, you immediately started to move the content from HDD to SSD. I have seen only very few Games doing this, so this is really a great job you did here!

Reactions: Zap
I wanted to move Entropia from y normal HDD to my SSD... and just by changing the content folder in the loader, you immediately started to move the content from HDD to SSD. I have seen only very few Games doing this, so this is really a great job you did here!

Do let us know how EU runs on the SSD.:)
I've been reading about HDD vs SSD gaming and the answers are confusing.:confused:
Some sites say it help out a lot and some say there is no difference.:scratch2:
So what is it.:dunno:
Cheers

I've been reading about HDD vs SSD gaming and the answers are confusing.:confused:
Cheers
I've actually not compared it myself, but I'm using SSD atm and its a joy.
I think the storage/inventory loading is faster... but again I've not done proper tests.

All I can say is I had to work my ass of to win over my soc mate back in the days doing pvp.
And he was extreme at ring boxing even though low hp/skills.
The main difference with his computer was SSD is what we believed.

Cheers

I did a comparisson when I bought the SSD:
Watchdogs and GTA V. Watchdogs was nearly not playable on a normal HDD. I changed only the SSD, installed Windows on the SSD and the game itself: _no_ problem at all anymore, all lags were gone.

I can, if someone's interested, check later today how Twin works on the SSD :). On HDD it is no fun for sure :D.

Cheers

Not sure what sites you are talking about.... but hands down HDD - > SSD route is one of biggest performance improvement you can make on any computer.

I've timed it before...

From logon to in game time:

7200HDD - 23 seconds
256 Sansung pro SSD - 4 seconds

It makes a huge difference.. And I don't crash when loading in massive amounts of textures such as when tping to twin peaks.

SSD is way faster on all accounts, no question. :wise:

Many thanks to all that have replied and for your info on the SSD vs HDD, it is all much appreciated.;):thumbup:

Oke, time for me to get a samsung SSD.:yup:
I almost bought one when i bought the Geforce GTX 750 but since a lot of info on the net are contradicting each other i did not but that is history now.lol

Cheers

If you have a buttload of RAM, try this one day, create a virtual drive using your ram and install the game on that and run it. You want to talk about performance improvement? I used to run ARMA II that way 200 FPS was sweet.

But yes, SSD > HDD for performance.

Changing to SSD finally got rid of the last bottleneck on my PC so EU now runs fully maxed very nicely.

Besides the gaming side just the general stuff happens so much faster.

I did a test on 2 brand new identical computers,one running HDD and one running SSD and I was able to restart the SSD almost 4 times before the HDD had booted up once.

If you have the money absolutely go for it.
You will not regret it.

SSD is way faster on all accounts, no question. :wise:

Agree 100%.
Both work and play wise.
Converted all my machines to SSD about a couple of years ago, mainly so my machines render faster and run my 3D software. Find can run most programs on higher settings (including games :yay:).
However I do recommend doing house keeping and not storing everything on them.
Use external hard drive or by big HDD to store pictures and things you don't need to start and run your machine.
Don't have times and stats.

All the best and have fun,

Indica

I guess most of you are comparing 5 year old scratched and overused HDD to a brand new SSD

I guess most of you are comparing 5 year old scratched and overused HDD to a brand new SSD

I am but as I said......

I did a test on 2 brand new identical computers,one running HDD and one running SSD and I was able to restart the SSD almost 4 times before the HDD had booted up once.

Well, in my case, it's 3 years old HDD. Way cheaper to flip the HDD/SSD than buying a new machine. And for me personally, I see no point to buy a 2TB HDD when I can have an even faster 512 MB SSD.

Well, in my case, it's 3 years old HDD. Way cheaper to flip the HDD/SSD than buying a new machine. And for me personally, I see no point to buy a 2TB HDD when I can have an even faster 512 MB SSD.

For me even 2TB is small. And what happened to Moorse law. When my 6 year old laptop has 750 GB HDD today laptop should have at least 6TB HDD :scratch2:

For me even 2TB is small. And what happened to Moorse law. When my 6 year old laptop has 750 GB HDD today laptop should have at least 6TB HDD :scratch2:

Well, for me it's just for OS and the most important games I play. Will last one or two years like this :D.

Morse law has nothing to do with storage capacity.

Hm, I have my Windows system and all software on a SSD, but everything else including games on HDD. Maybe would be worth trying to move EU to the SSD :scratch2: But problem is... it's full. Maybe time to by a larger one, have been thing on that for a while.

A few years ago I moved my OS to a SSD drive - major improvement.

Then I added a seperate SSD drive for whatever game I was playing at the time.

Finally I keep all the BS on a 3TB data drive.

It makes a major difference. I suggest anyone who has the capability to do this to give it a go. Not just for EU but for anything. I promise you wont regret it.

Back