A question and advice on Finders

Arnon

Mature
Hello All.

I am still new to Entropia (a little over two months) and have been exploring the ins and outs of this place while having an absolutely fantastic time. I regret not signing up when I first read about this place a decade ago!

While I have worked on hunting a bit, from the start I preferred mining, and have been working on it to the point that I have almost maxed an F-103 finder (level 4 prospecting at the moment almost midway and I have been using it with depth enhancers up until now which I know people here have different opinions on). I hope to shortly (later today!) be able to use it maxed naturally, but I did have a question. I recently saw on the Auction House a finder called the Ziplex Z-10 Seeker. I know that this is a limited finder, but it does have greater depth than the F-103. Any reason I should go with this one over my current F-103? Is the extra depth that much of a difference? Any other finders that folks here recommend for this still fledgling prospector? I currently only mine unamped.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Oh one more question...Is there a mining channel in game? Or a hub inworld where miners hang out and shoot the breeze after a long day (or night!) in the field?

you can get all the information on the different finders at www.entropedia.com you should check out the decay to see which would be better - the depth difference is not that important. You should also have a look at www.mininglog.com where you will find maps and a lot of other useful stuff.

Using depth enhancers is pretty much a waste of peds also, don't amp! an amp can increase your gain, but it can also increase your losses. So don't use amps until you are much more experienced - like lvl 40 or 50 :)

(edit: there is a mining channel #lbml)

Thank you Krazykat for all of the advice. The depth part I was not certain on, as there does seem to be a difference between the tt/rookie finders and ones like the F-series as to what one finds. I will go back and take a look at the data on Entropedia.

I do not plan on using amps anywhere in the near future, but had no idea one should be so high a level to utilize them. Also thank you very much for the channel information!

Regards

Thank you Krazykat for all of the advice. The depth part I was not certain on, as there does seem to be a difference between the tt/rookie finders and ones like the F-series as to what one finds. I will go back and take a look at the data on Entropedia.

I do not plan on using amps anywhere in the near future, but had no idea one should be so high a level to utilize them. Also thank you very much for the channel information!

Regards

You don't need to be high level to be able to use amps, just the swings are big, and at a higher mining level you will have more knowledge but more importantly experience behind you. That will help a lot when considering amps. Also you will need a similarly bigger budget for amps.

Don't use anything that is unmaxed.

Depth does matter but i would say only really after 500/600 meters.

Markup is key. If you get better "average" markup ores in an area with the tt finder than you would with a deeper one, then stick with the tt finder.

Always be testing, record what you find in what area with what finder. THis is key....you are searching for good average markup.

Finding one stone of ruga is all well and good, but that wont help your average if it takes 5000 bombs to find it. (Just an example)

Rgds

Ace

You don't need to be high level to be able to use amps, just the swings are big, and at a higher mining level you will have more knowledge but more importantly experience behind you. That will help a lot when considering amps. Also you will need a similarly bigger budget for amps.

Don't use anything that is unmaxed.

Depth does matter but i would say only really after 500/600 meters.

Markup is key. If you get better "average" markup ores in an area with the tt finder than you would with a deeper one, then stick with the tt finder.

Always be testing, record what you find in what area with what finder. THis is key....you are searching for good average markup.

Finding one stone of ruga is all well and good, but that wont help your average if it takes 5000 bombs to find it. (Just an example)

Rgds

Ace

I actually did wonder about this, and in my short time have started a collection of finders. (TT, F-101, Ziplex Z1, Arkadian Rookie Finder, and the F-103). I do find the Arkadian Rookie Finder quite effective during my low PED mining runs. I shall have to experiment some more. Thank you for the tip!

A couple of my finders have tier slots opened. Are there any enhancers that are recommended? Or are all basically in the same lot as depth enhancers?

Last edited:
I actually did wonder about this, and in my short time have started a collection of finders. (TT, F-101, Ziplex Z1, Arkadian Rookie Finder, and the F-103). I do find the Arkadian Rookie Finder quite effective during my low PED mining runs. I shall have to experiment some more. Thank you for the tip!

A couple of my finders have tier slots opened. Are there any enhancers that are recommended? Or are all basically in the same lot as depth enhancers?

I don't use mining enhancers, so not really the best person to ask.

I find them too expensive and none eco for my liking.

Rgds

Ace

Back