Too bad about harvesting but it was fun while it lasted.

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
I think I about broke even including the 200 ped lost I took on the UL PH-3 I bought, maybe:). I didn't pay the +3-4K for mine and got rid of it as soon as I saw the writing on the wall. I guess all the long boards that are needed are in use now and no more estates are going to be build for a while, if I understand correctly that is what long boards are used for. I still buy the TT harvester because I still have a little fun harvesting and hunting and it doesn't cost that much and once in a while I make a ped or 2:). I guess the people that really made the ped were those lucky enough to loot the PH-3 BPs and get the +3-4k for them.

I do kind of have a bad taste in my mouth about the whole thing but as I said above I didn't lose much and feel for those that did lose from paying the high price for PH-3s. I also wonder about those that bought the boards to make the composite planks to make the estate. I saw 1500 Composite planks for sale and the asking price was 10.4K. Plus I guess you had to trade some CLDs for the land. But what is all that going to be worth I wonder ?

Seems that MA wins the most, again:).

True, the current amount of plots are sold and it looks like the demand for moonboards are finished.

However, doing some math, seeing how many plots have been sold time 9 CLD = a LOT of CLDs left.

That, plus I fail to believe that MA would include a whole new system, including tools, animations, looting systems, bps, skills, professions, etc. just to have it all be worthless so quick.

Their history of letting things dry up to "worthless" stage usually requires two to four years, not months. :laugh:

Or maybe they'll be used to construct all of those houses? Better start stocking up on them now to get ahead of demand.

Or maybe they'll be used to construct all of those houses? Better start stocking up on them now to get ahead of demand.

Yup, wasnt it even said in one of those press releases?

They should remove all "looted" planks/wood and remake bps to use the harvested versions instead.
Anyway, when the house-building is up an running we will probably have a demand for it to that too.

Maybe I've missed something but I thought the two locations were an initial plot offering (IPO if you will!)

True, the current amount of plots are sold and it looks like the demand for moonboards are finished.

However, doing some math, seeing how many plots have been sold time 9 CLD = a LOT of CLDs left.

That, plus I fail to believe that MA would include a whole new system, including tools, animations, looting systems, bps, skills, professions, etc. just to have it all be worthless so quick.

Their history of letting things dry up to "worthless" stage usually requires two to four years, not months. :laugh:

I do want to agree with you but it does not seem that way right now.

The 9 CLDs cost is just for the small plots and do not require any planks. I found this link that explained a little further.

http://www.planetcalypso.com/opportunities/land-plots/

One thing that is un-clear to me is can the plots be sold to other players ?

Last edited:
There was no plot, that could be claimed with 9 CLDs, please check this topic, it gives details:
http://bit.ly/1CTV2vr

About your other question: yes, a claimed plot is basically a normal estate, you can trade it pvp or in auction like a normal apartment or shop.

One thing that is un-clear to me is can the plots be sold to other players ?

The deeds for the finished buildings can sold separate to any CLD used to buy the plot. That was confirmed (but no guarantee they won't change it) a few weeks ago.

FYI
Calypso Land Deeds (X) are able to be traded just like regular Calypso Land Deeds. The only difference between the two is that CLD (X) can no longer be used to claim CLD plots.

CLD Estate plots can be traded once acquired.

I does seem a little strange to put so much effort into something that has lasted so little time. My guess will be that the boards will end up in other BP's as otherwise it's use on other planets seems even more pointless.

But they did add the fort system that used by a tiny minority or players.

There was no plot, that could be claimed with 9 CLDs, please check this topic, it gives details:
http://bit.ly/1CTV2vr

About your other question: yes, a claimed plot is basically a normal estate, you can trade it pvp or in auction like a normal apartment or shop.

Sorry but I don't see what the above link has to do with what we are talking about. That link talks about storage boxes:scratch2:

Did you look at the link I provided, it clearly states:

Plot Type ------Plot Size -------Start Req. ------- Min. Req.
Small ------ 20 x 20 m------- 27 CLD------ 9 CLD

as you can see it is possible to purchase a plot for 9 CLDs. The start is 27CLD and continue to reduce, if no ones buys it, until it reaches the min of 9CLDs.

I am still not sure if these can be traded even though you say so, sorry.

Didn't mean to derail the thread on how many CLD were needed for the.plots. I admit I was wrong sorry.

However even with higher CLD count, there's still plenty to buy more.

And as I said, I am "gambling" this isn't the end of harvesting.

Last edited:
Sorry but I don't see what the above link has to do with what we are talking about. That link talks about storage boxes:scratch2:

as you can see it is possible to purchase a plot for 9 CLDs. The start is 27CLD and continue to reduce, if no ones buys it, until it reaches the min of 9CLDs.

If you would have read the page above yourself, you would have seen, that the min.req. is a possibility, not a right/promise.

Sorry, I posted the wrong link, take this one:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...of-Ithaca-and-Livas-(and-list-of-plot-owners)

There you see, why no-one was able to claim for 9 CLDs.

Well, I don't get this to be honest: you ask something, you get an answer and you don't believe it. Why do you think, this is not true?

However: ppl are trading plot estates already, so maybe you ask someone who bought one from another player then.

Yes, i agree with you, wouldn't make sense to have harvesting only for plot claims. The question is, when do we get a use for Harvesters again...

If it is the end, I'd suggest unlim harvester owners ask MA if they can't turn them into VSE MK2 or something. ;)

It would seem only fair?

:sweat:

If it is the end, I'd suggest unlim harvester owners ask MA if they can't turn them into VSE MK2 or something. ;)

It would seem only fair?

:sweat:

Nah, I don't complain when I make bad choices. My good and bad choices are my own and I don't try to make others pay when I miscalculate.

Nah, I don't complain when I make bad choices. My good and bad choices are my own and I don't try to make others pay when I miscalculate.

I'm not even suggesting you made a bad choice. Far from it.

But was it fun? :)

Bought the tt harvester thing, ran around 2 hours and found 1 tree. Sold the harvester and never tried again lol.

As long as others were having fun doing it then all good :).

But was it fun? :)

Bought the tt harvester thing, ran around 2 hours and found 1 tree. Sold the harvester and never tried again lol.

As long as others were having fun doing it then all good :).

I found 2 trees. Difference is, some got better at it than us Norbert..... ;-)

I'm still wondering why I can't use the harvester on atrox. Have you really looked at the thing? You could do some serious damage to an atrox with that.

Didn't mean to derail the thread on how many CLD were needed for the.plots. I admit I was wrong sorry.

However even with higher CLD count, there's still plenty to buy more.

You were not wrong as 9 CLD can be the cost at the min price as shown on my link.

If you would have read the page above yourself, you would have seen, that the min.req. is a possibility, not a right/promise.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...of-Ithaca-and-Livas-(and-list-of-plot-owners)

Well, I don't get this to be honest: you ask something, you get an answer and you don't believe it. Why do you think, this is not true?

However: ppl are trading plot estates already, so maybe you ask someone who bought one from another player then.

Yes, i agree with you, wouldn't make sense to have harvesting only for plot claims. The question is, when do we get a use for Harvesters again...

I am not sure you are saying that I said it was a right/promise when in fact I said "It is possible".

The reason I said I am not sure if I believe you about selling etc. is the link you gave had absolutely nothing to do with what we are talking about. Hard to believe someone when he makes comments that has nothing to do with the subject. That's all I meant.

I am not sure you are saying that I said it was a right/promise when in fact I said "It is possible".
I understand that the minimum price a small plot "could" hit was 9 CLD but to still say that it is possible when it is a known fact that they are all purchased and they did not get down to the 9 CLD minimum before being bought up makes that statement inaccurate. I believe it would perhaps be more appropriate to say "It was possible" if people did not want to rush and beat others to making a claim.

The reason I said I am not sure if I believe you about selling etc. is the link you gave had absolutely nothing to do with what we are talking about. Hard to believe someone when he makes comments that has nothing to do with the subject. That's all I meant.

Not sure if you posted this before reading responses and/or looking around on the forum but Smoerble did clearly indicate that he posted the wrong link and even apologized for the mispost.

As far as selling goes if you browse around the forums you will see that Smoerble has already sold 1 plot and is in the process of selling another, along with 2 other players that are selling or have sold plots through the forum so a quick check on the selling thread can confirm your question on if they are sellable. In addition I have had one listed on the auction house that did not sell along with having purchased one through the auction house so I can also confirm that they are very much tradeable.

I understand that the minimum price a small plot "could" hit was 9 CLD but to still say that it is possible when it is a known fact that they are all purchased and they did not get down to the 9 CLD minimum before being bought up makes that statement inaccurate. I believe it would perhaps be more appropriate to say "It was possible" if people did not want to rush and beat others to making a claim.

Not sure if you posted this before reading responses and/or looking around on the forum but Smoerble did clearly indicate that he posted the wrong link and even apologized for the mispost.

As far as selling goes if you browse around the forums you will see that Smoerble has already sold 1 plot and is in the process of selling another, along with 2 other players that are selling or have sold plots through the forum so a quick check on the selling thread can confirm your question on if they are sellable. In addition I have had one listed on the auction house that did not sell along with having purchased one through the auction house so I can also confirm that they are very much tradeable.

I did not mean dis-respect to Smoer, I was just stating why I made the comment, hence my comment "That's all I meant"

As for the price of 9 CLDs as a possible price, just because no one has bought one for that doesn't mean that it won't happen. I bet a bunch of players that paid +3500 for the UL PH-3 harvesters didn't think they would go down to +600 and maybe less than that. For you to say that the 9CLD price will never happen is as bad as me saying it will happen (which I did not say), neither of us are soo-sayers :).

As for the price of 9 CLDs as a possible price, just because no one has bought one for that doesn't mean that it won't happen.

The reason I said "It could have been possible" is because all plots have been claimed and at this time no amount of CLD will directly purchase you a plot, though it is a possibility that more settlements will come about in the future. Right now the only thing we know for sure is that come Autumn we will be able to build on the plots that already exist, no word yet that I have seen regarding any new settlements or a timeline for more settlements to be released. Though I do believe there will be more in the future that is simply my belief right now and pure speculation as there has been no official word. I like to go off of what we know for sure and for a fact and right now we have no solid statements of more to come but if I am wrong please do point me to the information as I would love to read it and know what is happening and when. :)

Yes it might well have a good future as a useful tool into the future.

I will also say:

Distractor DD-20

Basic Target Assessment Unit

So it's a guess - unless you can see into the future.

If you can... what are next weeks lottery numbers? ;)

(Now if I could just get that right....)

I did not mean dis-respect to Smoer, I was just stating why I made the comment, hence my comment "That's all I meant"

As for the price of 9 CLDs as a possible price, just because no one has bought one for that doesn't mean that it won't happen. I bet a bunch of players that paid +3500 for the UL PH-3 harvesters didn't think they would go down to +600 and maybe less than that. For you to say that the 9CLD price will never happen is as bad as me saying it will happen (which I did not say), neither of us are soo-sayers:) .

I highly doubt any will go for 9 clds, they won't even get close. As the price of cldx's are almost identical to clds. So people buy a plot for 27 clds, sell the cldx's then buy clds, rince repeat.

Blame people that buy cldx's for the same price.

Rgds

Ace

Yes it might well have a good future as a useful tool into the future.

I will also say:

Distractor DD-20

Basic Target Assessment Unit

So it's a guess - unless you can see into the future.

If you can... what are next weeks lottery numbers? ;)

(Now if I could just get that right....)

Future is here.
We got ring with jamming increase.
So is just matter of time that we discover ring with Dispense Decoy increase.
Maybe someone extremly lucky discover ring with investigator / scan increase too lol.

Apart joke there is demand for dispense decoy skill and it have ofc wery high MU

There is 60k existing CLDs

Even when all initial plots would have been claimed at day one, there would be many thousand CLDs left for future plots to claim.

Who thinks this two places will be the only plots available for the rest of EU life - LOL

MA is making money from selling these plots 5k PED TT value for a L plot, 3k PED TT value for M and 1.5k PED for S+

There surely will come more soon!

The plots can be traded. Many were sold in Auction

Back