What would you think are fair renting prices for restoration chips ?

Society
Titans of Space
John Black Knight
Please give an estimate of what you would consider a fair renting price per day/week for the following restoration chips:

Adjusted Restoration Chip: 159.09 heal/pec
estimated rent: 20/25ped per day (Vi)

Improved Restoration Chip: 207.81 heal/pec 'heal/pec on entropedia needs updated'
estimated rent: 50/55ped per day (Vi)

Modified Restoration Chip: 254.66 heal/pec + 1% life steal
estimated rent: 120-130ped/day (Dan/Vi)

with mind essence at 130% = 1.3pec
adjusted chip
1.324 cost
145.39 heal/pec

improved chip
1.78 cost
186.8 heal/pec

modified chip
3.01 cost
226.74 heal/pec

Last edited:
those ecos aint accurate,since the mindessence has markup,think my adj chip comes around 140 heal /pec if calculated with mu of 130% for esence

Mod fap - 160 heals , 30 uses per minit , 4800 HP in 1 minit, no need additional helaing with other faps, usage - for personal support and as team healer.

Mod restoration chip 780 heals , 2 uses per minit, 1560 HP in 1 minit, many situation where additional fap need to be used, cant work as team healer.

For mod one id say 120 ped/day.

those ecos aint accurate,since the mindessence has markup,think my adj chip comes around 140 heal /pec if calculated with mu of 130% for esence

adjusted the heal per pec in first post based on 130% for me, thought there is room to improve eco based on how me is sourced

If I had all three and started a rental service given ofc required collateral, I'd give the following below: (just my opinion here)

Adj. Rest. Chip: 25Ped/day or 170Ped/wk (this one hard to estimate as this is like hiring a s10 healer or similar+ variant, but the price of ME does affect rental costs) or 20Ped/day or 140Ped/wk? (btw, I own one of these).

Imp. Rest. Chip: 55Ped/day or 400Ped/wk (stumped on this one as I'm not too sure tbh for this one, but gave it my rental # opinions here) or 50Ped/day or 350Ped/wk? I used to own a Mod2600 Fap and i assume the heal over time is as much as close to this chip. So, I am basing it off slightly from the services being charged for a Mod2600.

Mod. Rest Chip: 130Ped/day or 900Ped/wk (a tad above Dan's since this chip gives 1% life steal which I think is very kool).

Regards,
Vi

Mod fap - 160 heals , 30 uses per minit , 4800 HP in 1 minit, no need additional helaing with other faps, usage - for personal support and as team healer.

Mod restoration chip 780 heals , 2 uses per minit, 1560 HP in 1 minit, many situation where additional fap need to be used, cant work as team healer.

For mod one id say 120 ped/day.

During events? I really can't see many hiring this for 120ped/day.. It's kinda mediocre when you compare it like you do with the heal per minute. This is also what matters since the mobs usually don't hit 2/60secs :)

During events? I really can't see many hiring this for 120ped/day.. It's kinda mediocre when you compare it like you do with the heal per minute. This is also what matters since the mobs usually don't hit 2/60secs :)

Your welcome to put your own estimation in minim :)
Even if used with another healchip in combination these chips can save the user several peds per hour.
Their heal over time allows against smaller mobs to increase the own damage output, which can be very usefull when its about competing killrates like in the Halloween events where you cant bring another healer or even as competitor in the soon starting championsleague.
Or just for average hunting for low/mid level hunters as ped saver due to better eco.

They also reduce greatly the risk to die to an unexpected crit as they allow to already heal at a higher health level without wasting healpower.

Given my perspective as one of the more expensive fappers using the Adjusted Fap (either @ 10 ped/hr + decay, or at 2.5x decay), I'm not sure what market position your rental option would fill.

Total cost to kill a mob is related to a number of well known factors; only one of which is the "eco" of the fap tool. And that difference in eco is really a very very small portion of the total ped spent. Sufficiently so, that hunters for years have used low eco 2350 and 2600 faps because they provided the full heal quickly when it was needed. Or hired a fapper where the eco of the tool was marketed, but the true cost and value is the fappers service. Thus; fappers have been hired using a whole range of eco and heal/sec.

A more true valuation of the HoT as a heal tool; and it's rental value, would be to compare it's effective cost on avatars with different levels of health, different sets of armor, evader influence, mob propensity to hit, and damage done per hit (plus an accounting for critical hits). A nice multivariable problem.

My general observation is that on avatars with less than 5 times the peak mob damage (non-critical hit), HoT has to trade off eco for peak heal. EU has long term averages, but short term peaks (waves) that must be accounted for in balancing heal vs eco.

I do the same with my adjusted fap. I have to allow ~50 hp buffer to sustain peak eco, a smaller buffer and the avatar can take larger hits at the cost of some overheal. And I'm constrained by the faps max heal rate which hunters will supplement with whatever tool they normally use (reducing effective heal eco).

The "work" required to swap tools -- say from the HoT chip to a spot heal, and then back in a effort to save a few ped/hour seems labor intensive and timing sensitive. Using different heal tools and accounting for armor decay will reduce the effective eco; probably to the point that a few ped an hour isn't worth the extra labor.

As to the marketability as a rental, there is sure to be a niche somewhere. I believe the surplus of heal tools and options will keep the price of any rental below the cost of hiring an equivalent fapper using a less eco tool since the rental cost directly reduces the heal eco per click. As soon as the effective cost per click is higher than the next best option, it will likely be passed over.

Current example: My current Adjusted Fap (T1-4 heal enhancers) data for a particular hunter cycling 1750+ ped per hour; wearing gremlin without plates on Eomon Young costs ~30 ped/hr (time plus decay on fap & broken enhancers@300%) plus armor decay plus occassional hunter self fap on dmg waves/crits.

If they dropped the armor and went to an Imp/mod fap the fixed cost would be 50/60 per hour. The overall cost difference might be 10/20 ped per hour.

Since the adj fap (t4) meets their current needs at approximately the same or lower total cost, I get hired.

Figure where the numbers are for the heal chips; what is left between the chips and other options sets the expected ceiling on rental price.

Last edited:
Current example: My current Adjusted Fap (T1-4 heal enhancers) data for a particular hunter cycling 700+ ped per hour; wearing gremlin without plates on Eomon Young costs ~30 ped/hr (time plus decay on fap & broken enhancers@300%) plus armor decay plus occassional hunter self fap on dmg waves/crits.

Based on this example you are basically offering 13 heal of 50 for a total of 650 per 30 seconds timframe at a cost of 30ped/hour.
The modified restoration chip does 780 per 30 second timeframe with an initial 156 followed by 10 times 63 - not accounting lifesteal of 1%.
Doesnt this make it reasonable that the modified restoration chip would have to be priced somewhere closer to the service of an improved fap then an adjusted fap maybe around 40ped per hour on average ?
The improved chip would be settling slightly below the adjusted fap service proabably in the range of 15-18 ped per hour with a 76 startheal followed by 10 times 30.4.
How many hunting hours do people account for when setting a rent per day ?

This tool is comparable to adjusted fap if hired to use as a fapservice. Adjusted fap provides 1300heal/min and this is 1365/heal min effective (rememeber that it's not always full hit). The eco differs a bit but a adj fapper cost 5ped/h+decay and with this you could prolly charge 10-15ped max to even out on the price with adj fap. Still that makes it possible to make, lets be nice, 15ped per hour. Give that 8 hours/day of fapping witch is only possible during event peaks like eomons and that is 120ped in the pocket of the healer. To make it worth it atleast half of that has to be pure profit so MAX 60ped/day rent and this is during events. For normal days I would guess 20-25ped or so even if it would still be hard to get customers enough to cover the rent cost at that rate.

Like I said it's at best a mediocre tool and can be compared to the adjusted fap at best. The eco doesn't really pay much effect since nowadays when everyone is running high dps and spending big it's not an impact if you use adjusted or this one tbh.

Quick comparison is that during eomons I was running about 1500-1600ped/hour cost. An adjusted fap running for 100% of the time would be 31,2ped + 5ped fapper payment and this is 2.2% of the total run cost but realistic this would be below 2% since it's not in use all the time (I think my avg. was 16-17ped decay/hour with adj fappers on eomons). The mod heal chip would be 3.6ped+15ped fee (like in above example) and that adds up to 18.6ped and that is 1.2% of the total cost. I assume that with a 15ped fee the fap cost of these tool will be approx the same due to that I almost always get hit once/30sec so heal chip would always be used once and adjusted fap will almost never be used constant since it has 26/uses in a minute so it won't heal when it's not needed.

My guess is like stated above 60ped during events and 20-25ped normally but the last guess might be high ^^

I might suggest picking a different rental option. I would recommend the shared revenue model often used with Imp/Mod faps.
This removes all the vagueries of eco, heal/sec, armor, etc. Dalas had some success last year with renting Fap tools, but it came with a high risk, and constant demands to monitor tool usage. There really isn't a way to afk rent out the fap tools when needed for the short periods people will be able to justify using them. How much time are you/anyone as the owner of equipment willing to spend to manage the rental process?

I think the inherent risk of loss to the fapper with a fixed cost/day is counter to maximizing the tools revenue stream. The cost per day is a good model for weapons and armor when the renter controls usage. Fap tools amongst service providers are subject to the demands of the market and may have long gaps of zero revenue.

As a general addition to the discussion. Any collateral has an inherent opportunity cost that must be balanced by a reduction in the rental fees.

In my opinion, MA has made renting equipment labor intensive and high risk, thereby preventing too much consolidation of gear in the hands of a few. I consider gear rental as lootable PVP <--> both ways. As-soon-as one side has an economic advantage; there is an incentive to finalize the trade and lock in the gains.

Last edited:
adj 10 PED/day
imp 20-25 PED/day
mod 50-60 PED/day

any price above will lead me to do something else :laugh:

After reading minim ped cycle per hour, realized I didn't have a full picture of the hunter's ped cycled in my prior post.
After scanning: weapon+amp+dmg enhancers --> 1750+ ped/hr continous shooting based on entropedia's weapon compare. Previous post updated with this value.

who's right who's wrong??

Please give an estimate of what you would consider a fair renting price per day/week for the following restoration chips:

Adjusted Restoration Chip: 159.09 heal/pec
estimated rent: 20/25ped per day (Vi)

Improved Restoration Chip: 207.81 heal/pec 'heal/pec on entropedia needs updated'
estimated rent: 50/55ped per day (Vi)

Modified Restoration Chip: 254.66 heal/pec + 1% life steal
estimated rent: 120-130ped/day (Dan/Vi)

with mind essence at 130% = 1.3pec
adjusted chip
1.324 cost
145.39 heal/pec

improved chip
1.78 cost
186.8 heal/pec

modified chip
3.01 cost
226.74 heal/pec

according to entropedia
eco is:

adj

imp

mod

according to entropedia
eco is:

adj

imp

mod

and as included in the quote you made i pointed out that heal/pec needs updated on entropedia :)
I have the chip, have tested it myself and others have used it for hunting too.

Back