Question: Thought on using a UL level 100 weapon with less skills?

Do I recommend to others to use Level 100 guns?

Well, no, not usually.

I'm level 79 Laser Sniper, and with a VU a few years back that changed me from a Hit Ability 7.9 to my current 8.7. This was a good move, and yes, I'm biased.

I'm happy to be 87% efficient and not have to constantly check auction and hope there is something there to buy. Which if you log in at the weekends or during events can be a frustrating process.

Once you have Commando, and you dont have an unlimited SIB gun, you can consider L100 guns, you will miss a couple times more, you wont do full damage and be a few metres off full range but, what the hell.....

Go for it! :sniper:

I wouldn't recommend it if you are going for highest possible tt return but I still do it myself from time to time. Using a lvl100 tagger but I don't think that matters much since it's just for tagging.

I wouldn't recommend it if you are going for highest possible tt return but I still do it myself from time to time. Using a lvl100 tagger but I don't think that matters much since it's just for tagging.

The thing is that nobody (?) really knows how it works.
Some claim that system 'compensate' for using non-effective gear.

IIRC highest ATH ingame was by noobish guy (lvl ~40 at the time, according to my sources) using ul DOA.

Reactions: das
IMO:
If you going to eco - you can only use UL SIB and kill mobs without regen (this is important!)
If you going to ATH ;) - you can use any weapon (including also UL non-SIB) and kill mobs with high regeneration. On high regen mobs important is only time to kill (your dps), and decreasing additional fees (like FAP and Armor decay).

IMO:
If you going to eco - you can only use UL SIB and kill mobs without regen (this is important!)
If you going to ATH ;) - you can use any weapon (including also UL non-SIB) and kill mobs with high regeneration. On high regen mobs important is only time to kill, and decreasing additional fees (like FAP and Armor decay).

DPS is fun, but need some levels to really be able to use the fat UL weapons with decent DPS.

I was looking buy some nice UL non-sib just for DPS when I had my Vincent DPS, but turned out that buffed up and with damage enhancers I was around 120 DPS already, so not a single reasonably priced non-sib would give me more DPS.

The entropedia tools are great to figure things like these out, just enter your levels and sort by DPS. Don't forget the enhancers. :yup:

I wish they would have a "Optimal dps amp"-selection, since different weapons require different amps.

Yet another bit I was not aware of, are skill gains related to decay, specifically? With the Maddox, decay:ammo is a whopping 1:2, does that mean I would actually blast through the ranks with it? I haven't shot it enough to notice, should try once more and pay attention.

The more you burn the more you gain, I do much better with skillgains on ul Slug than I do with modmerc and my skill levels are way lower on laser handgun. I'm no number cruncher tho, theres smarter guys here that can be more specific.

The more you burn the more you gain, I do much better with skillgains on ul Slug than I do with modmerc and my skill levels are way lower on laser handgun. I'm no number cruncher tho, theres smarter guys here that can be more specific.

I think it's roughly 1ped skill/1k spent on most mobs but there is a slight difference on some mobs like kreltin/aurli and it's also better to kill a lot of small stuff because of skill bonus. I didn't notice that any gun gained me more skills than others but can't say that I measured it scientifically ^^

I think it's roughly 1ped skill/1k spent on most mobs but there is a slight difference on some mobs like kreltin/aurli and it's also better to kill a lot of small stuff because of skill bonus. I didn't notice that any gun gained me more skills than others but can't say that I measured it scientifically ^^

I tested it when my dps/dpp was roughly the same on the hl15 & i287.. there is a diffrence both in guns & mobs you hunt..
did my testing on aurli & segs with both guns

Both me and 5$ tracked about 1-1.5%. When I cycled 100k, I'd get about 1000-1500 ped tt of skills only counting the ones contributing to laser hit and damage. I was using maxed sib, 5$ got similar skillgains with unmaxed non sib.

Just wanted to point something out.

The change in HA/CHA improved our eco on unmaxed weapons very little. This is because the damage interval was never changed, and guess what the damage interval has a bigger impact on eco than everything else combined.

So be careful and do your numbers, or dont... but then don't complain aboud bad/volatile returns pls :)

TL;DR Use maxed always. Simple.

Some years ago the markup on L-weapons in general was a lot higher, so then maybe it would have been "okey" to use UL weapons you even if you was under Lv80. But today they prices are often so low on L-weapons. The benefit with UL is that you can start building up the tier-level, if you like that.

Some years ago the markup on L-weapons in general was a lot higher, so then maybe it would have been "okey" to use UL weapons you even if you was under Lv80. But today they prices are often so low on L-weapons. The benefit with UL is that you can start building up the tier-level, if you like that.

I was Lucky enough to loot the last UL HL15 + an R150
I sold the R150 & bought an i287 with that
then when dpp was about the same, I did my tests

I do and I do it a lot. Imo, it's all about finding out what works with what, and when.
Every interaction is linear in cost, no matter if it is a low damage, high damage or a target evade.
Damage, or target evade, and HP are just tools to controll amount of interactions.
No matter what the numbers are on the weapon, when you find a combination that works, that
means you have found a setup that do right amount of interactions with right values per interaction.

I have a bunch of Survival Enblade 10, and I'm far from being "efficient" when we look at skills and pro stand.
These works quite well on a specific mob at the right time, but can also be horrible if I don't find out when
to hunt them, so imo, there are more parts in the equation that are important than just the number on the
weapon.

I know someone will say I'm wrong, but I don't care. Use reverse engineering and see if you find a
"theory" that fits any of the excisting theories out there... ;)

Sold all my uL old style melee gear.

Nothing more to say :)

Back