Please give better warnings for server shutdowns.

Society
Entropy
Sunsout Tacotuesday Gunsout
Tonight, I was not aware of any server shut-down, I didn't see any messages in forums, and we never got messages on most planets...as you all know, for 1 hour before a server shutdown, you CANNOT leave a ship and go to the SS...

So, at around 7:10 in game, I get a warp...I had not seen any message on RT, nor had the pilots on space, nor had some others on ark and caly...

at 7:15 in game, I try to leave ship at my destination, and see that I can't leave the ship...at this time I see people in cyrene channel say they got a 45 minute message.

So, since I have to be at work in 5 hours, I ask the pilot if there is any way to get off (noramlly I would have waited until after restart, but I needed sleep...

Pilot says if you remove yourself from the GL you will end up in the SS. Since we were in non-lootable, I tried it...( I had 3800 tt of high mu stuff on me like gold etc...)

I get booted into PvP space!!!!!

I shit my pants for 20 seconds until I die. Thank god no pirates saw me...

I then revived back on the ship I was on initially...all my loot still in tact...but now I have to stay up 2 more hours until it restarts in order to get off the damn ship.

All this could have been avoided with PROPER notice of server shutdown...I would have stayed where I was and warped tomorrow.

So PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE work on getting us better notice...not just for me, but for everyone, because we really need it in order to be safe...thanks!

Every tuesday at 8 MA its restart for a few months now i think

omg a 3.8k hof wiggling around in space and im flailing around calypso shooting longtooth......can you let us know in advance pls next time taco???

I can understand not letting people into an instance but why prevent u from leaving a ship? Send a support, that sounds like a bug to me.

Every tuesday at 8 MA its restart for a few months now i think

Yeah I know, but its easy to lose track...if they can give 45 minute warning to some planets, then they can give one hour warnings to ALL

They used to do it perfectly, but lately you are lucky if u get the 1 hour warning...

I can understand not letting people into an instance but why prevent u from leaving a ship? Send a support, that sounds like a bug to me.

Yeah it is kinda dumb...but its been like this for a long time...I just wish the red chat appeared more consistently...and would prefer it started BEFORE the 1 hour no-leave-ship rule kicks in :)

omg a 3.8k hof wiggling around in space and im flailing around calypso shooting longtooth......can you let us know in advance pls next time taco???

lol yeah I wont be trying that again :)

Tonight, I was not aware of any server shut-down, I didn't see any messages in forums, and we never got messages on most planets...as you all know, for 1 hour before a server shutdown, you CANNOT leave a ship and go to the SS...

All this could have been avoided with PROPER notice of server shutdown...I would have stayed where I was and warped tomorrow.

So PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE work on getting us better notice...not just for me, but for everyone, because we really need it in order to be safe...thanks!

What, you can't leave ship from 1 hour before server shut down?
That truly sucks! I can't remember that I've seen any notice longer than 1 hour prior to shutdown.

Totally agree with the suggestions, give us an extended notice and give it to all planets/space.

Taco, check your chat log for system messages... ooh, wait this didn't make it into the log, looks like its not part of the system chat, weird.

I'd like to see a different shutdown warning (in addition, not in place of), because I don't always have that window on top with multiple tabs open. Maybe have a message like the HOF ticker, or an audible shutdown warning.

For some reason ship AND station servers are taken offline well before the main servers go down. I had a VIP last week, and had to tell the passenger that I had to delay until after the server restart as I was unable to either enter my ship or the station. Fortunately he was OK with that and I did not lose the warp.

Back