Windows 10 Issues

gwit

Prowler
Katielicious mallow (Kat)
I couldn't help myself - I had to upgrade :ahh:

I have an issue I can't work around. On getting into the game, all my graphics looked bleached. I have played around with ingame settings but doesn't seem to have any effect.

Any ideas?

/mod note/ moved to the Technical forum.

I'll be surprised if there is only one person going to have some issue with changing to Win10 .. let's try and keep it all together.

----------------------------------------------------------
Summary:

Graphics issues:
- Nvidia graphics card: Download and install Win10-specific graphics drivers from the Nvidia website.

Installation Errors:
- error 80240020: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...74-4e10-8972-df8d51a7bb51?src=moc.ecym&auth=1

Issues with running Entropia:
- (Win10 64) Game crashes after 5-10 seconds
- MSVCR110.dll missing

Last edited:
im still waiting for my copy! so excited

hope u can figure it out please share ill prob have the same isssues

WOHOO NM my desktop already upgraded

I qualify for the free upgrade to Windows 10, but will wait a while before I upgrade, to get the teething bugs worked out.

MS isn't known for doing a good job on RTM of pretty much anything, lol.

Have you tried running Entropia in compatibility mode? if that exists in Windows 10.

EU is stuck in dx9 epoch while Win 10 probably lacks some dx9 libraries. You might need to install this.

Anyone got EU running on W10? @work now but planning on W10 install when i get home, if it's possible to play the game...

//Light

Should you not wait at least half a year before upgrading to a new Windows? Normally takes sometime before it's okey. :silly2:

I'd want to install it as well, but haven't gotten around to read through the eula.

Anyone know if the "ms employees have full access to your hard-drive"-thing made the final cut?

Doesn't seem to be a Direct x issue.

there is a xbox layer appently added to games (much like the steam one), it could be that causing issues. ill be installing when i get home, ill let you know if i get it too.

any chance of a screeny?

If I run in Windows mode - it's even worse - colour bleed everywhere When I run in full screen it is like the gamma and brightness settings are too high.

Did you clean install 10 or upgrade from 8/8.1? Wondering if the upgrade path is borking graphics drivers (which brings me to ask if you installed the latest drivers for your gfx card?)

I couldn't help myself - I had to upgrade :ahh:

I have an issue I can't work around. On getting into the game, all my graphics looked bleached. I have played around with ingame settings but doesn't seem to have any effect.

Any ideas?

Yes, you need Windows 10 specific Graphics Drivers. This is a common issue with many games.

Thankfully I've got a couple of spare machines to test Win10 on before deciding to use it on my current hardware but even then I'm not sure I'll make the move unless there's an very good reason to.

To the OP what hardware, driver versions you running on?

I upgraded from win 8.1 - I don't think clean installs are currently available. Will take a look at graphics card drivers.

I upgraded from win 8.1 - I don't think clean installs are currently available. Will take a look at graphics card drivers.

Yes, clean retail install is available for everyone who has a TechNet account.

Your installing a new OS on the release date :eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy:

Good luck with that....

Your installing a new OS on the release date :eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy:

Good luck with that....

It's been "released" for almost 4 months now. It's only just today it is released to end consumers.

All ok for me display wise, but only did a quick AH check

I'm running an Nvidia graphics card

Sorted it. I had to go to the Nvidia website and download a specific win 10 driver. This crashed the pc twice but the third time it worked. No other issues. Thanks for your ideas and suggestions :wise:

When doing the upgrade, do you need to install your games again?

I'll be watching this thread, since I intend to upgrade as soon as I get my copy of Win 10 (The wait is killing me! Hurry up, Microsoft! :tapfinger)

Fortunately, I have several PC's to work with, so will be upgrading first on my laptop, since I don't want to screw up my desktop. Good to know the info to look for new GFX drivers, since all my systems have NVIDIA cards.

Will chime in my :twocents: once I have the upgrade installed on the laptop and test out EU (among other things to test out).

No I didn't need to re-install anything else. The only other issue amazingly is a conflict between Win 10 and Outlook. Everything else appears good and so far it seems a great improvement on Win 8.

I wait, before I install w10, about i don't want reinstall all my game dev applications again.
Atm my system run verry well in W7 and with UE4.
But I'm sure i will change to 10, in near future.

I wait, before I install w10, about i don't want reinstall all my game dev applications again.
Atm my system run verry well in W7 and with UE4.
But I'm sure i will change to 10, in near future.

Just stay with windows 7 please. You can ONLY upgrade to win 10 if this new O.S. will give you more stability or speed running games. Theres tons of benchmarks between win7 / win 8 / win 10 on internet, just check which one is more fast, no reason for me to change O.S. right now.

It's been "released" for almost 4 months now. It's only just today it is released to end consumers.

Yes I know, I had a copy of the Beta, but until its been properly soak tested and abused and patched, its still far to new for production use, IMHO.

Dirk

Sorted it. I had to go to the Nvidia website and download a specific win 10 driver. This crashed the pc twice but the third time it worked. No other issues. Thanks for your ideas and suggestions :wise:

Glad its sorted out and thanks for sharing your pain and the fix.

Dirk

Back