Windows 10 Issues

Nope, no additional info, no suggestions... guess I'll have to wait for support to kick in.. hopefully they will find what's wrong.

My hunch is that something is preventing the installer to write files somewhere.. but not sure where, since the installation folder has all the permissions possible.

EDIT:

Well somehow I made it to work.. I changed the clientloader's compatibility properties to run as admin and run compatible with windows 7, and applied it to all users. Now I get some 740 error message about "delevating" a process, but after that it runs as usual and downloads the packages.

Me happy :)

Last edited:
Are all issues with Windows 10 now resolved? Is it safe to upgrade :eyecrazy:

There has not been any real issues as far as I know. Only user errors.

Black Screenshots

I've tried without success on Windows 10 to take screenshots while running Entropia in fullscreen. They just turnout all black. On Windows 7 I disabled desktop composition for Entropia.exe to fix this issue but this option is not available on Windows 10. Any ideas?

I've tried without success on Windows 10 to take screenshots while running Entropia in fullscreen. They just turnout all black. On Windows 7 I disabled desktop composition for Entropia.exe to fix this issue but this option is not available on Windows 10. Any ideas?

Whatever screenshot program you use must run in administrator mode for it to work.

Iv never had any issue, Entropia running better on Windows 10 than any other windows iv used.

Iv never had any issue, Entropia running better on Windows 10 than any other windows iv used.

Same here. No problem at all with Windows 10 :smoke:

Whatever screenshot program you use must run in administrator mode for it to work.

I am mainly interested in taking screenshots with the print scrn button and paste. Not sure how to run that in administrator mode. Thanks for the tip though. I will keep fiddling.

No big issues but still lets joke a bit.

I have feeling to look in my son phone instead on my monitor, all flat.
Edge missing menu, options, right click contest menu ect, unable to rearrange or edit favorites so not real browser jet. Probably for that had name Spartacus in development phase lol.
No gaming mode so all background programs and services still running if you play, eating procesor time, internet and memory.
I don't know what several millions of insiders tested but PtrScr function work only for windows itself, for any game you need additional programs, maybe in future we will need additional OS too.

All windows 10 is full spyware and stealing our privacy and on top of that we have to agree with that - heh yes its free in the end.
You can chose not to and for that you have to uncheck million of options and in some cases to hack registry but you will probably remain without future updates and additional services.
Everything you do is send to Microsoft.
But there is a bug lol.
Seem that Microsoft do not remember where I logged off from EU last night because when next day I turn computer on - first thing it show is Port Atlantis and Camp Icarus from airplane view.
Click it.

Edge missing menu, options, right click contest menu ect, unable to rearrange or edit favorites so not real browser jet. Probably for that had name Spartacus in development phase lol.
No gaming mode so all background programs and services still running if you play, eating procesor time, internet and memory.
I don't know what several millions of insiders tested but PtrScr function work only for windows itself, for any game you need additional programs, maybe in future we will need additional OS too.

All windows 10 is full spyware and stealing our privacy and on top of that we have to agree with that - heh yes its free in the end.
You can chose not to and for that you have to uncheck million of options and in some cases to hack registry but you will probably remain without future updates and additional services.
But there is a bug lol.
Seem that Microsoft do not remember where I logged off from EU last night because when next day I turn computer on - first thing it show is Port Atlantis and Camp Icarus from airplane view.
Click it.

Ehmn, no, that is completely incorrect.

Microsoft has nothing to do with where you log out in EU. It's happened to me before where I was on a motherships on the other side of the universe and logged back in at the top of emerald lakes mall. Usually happens when there is a Vu patch

But there is a bug lol.
Click it.

Wasnt there some statement from m$ where you had to agree to them having access to your PC ?
Or has this now been removed.
Has anyone run a packet check to see if anything is being sent from your windows 10 PC that shouldnt be ?

Microsoft has nothing to do with where you log out in EU. It's happened to me before where I was on a motherships on the other side of the universe and logged back in at the top of emerald lakes mall. Usually happens when there is a Vu patch

Apart that Microsoft collect various data and your usage its a joke because with little imagination one of background screens is similar to Calypso Port Atlantis, on many computers that pic is preset for so called locked screen witch you can see when you turn on computer or by locking it, one of many modes is by pressing Windows key + L.

Calm down. These are optional settings and features which all can be turned off.

LOL @ calm down .

Then why dont they make them optional features that can be turned on ?

LOL @ calm down .

Then why dont they make them optional features that can be turned on ?

They do. You get to chose this during installation. But most people are just stupid and hit "install using express settings". It is stupid to be stupid, like I usually say.

And by the way, these features are not new within Windows 10. They have been there since Windows 7 SP1. It's just that now when a new Windows is out, all the Anti Microsoft guys needs something to flame them for and to write about on their little "tech" blogs to get attention.

You can disable most of privacy leaks on win10 if it bothers you. But on a large scale it doesn't matter, you can reinforce your door but you live in a glass house, naked.

3 weeks on win10, no issues and a huge relief from win8. Took some refinement and customization, of course, including uninstalling almost everything and adding something else, but now it feels faster than win7 and is perfectly tolerable, for Windows.

They do. You get to chose this during installation. But most people are just stupid and hit "install using express settings". It is stupid to be stupid, like I usually say.

It is not stupid, it is lack of awareness, or lazy at worst. They set a trap which requires forethought and action to avoid and which has little to do with the customer's expectations about the product. The company can and does rely and bank on people's laziness/lack of awareness, because that part of human psychology is well known. Some may call it legitimate sales strategy, others exploitation, depends on where they stand.

No you don't. All those location features and such can be turned off.

Are we discussing difference between half empty and half full bottle? I said in first post that you can turn them off.

No you don't. All those location features and such can be turned off.

Of course it all can be turned off..but yeah tell your percents that or your grandparents that and they may just say "what?" Hell if it is so simple then why do we have IT even? The point is that all of this was turned on by default and i'm guessing around 89% of everyone doesn't really even know about it. Hell many don't even know about the hidden BitTorrent (update system) and such that is making their internet seem so slow not really understanding why. And yes all systems have this new update system being it windows 7/8. Been having some issues with farmers having slow internet the last few weeks due to their limited bandwidth and having already fully downloaded the update they never wanted..so it seems the Win7/8 boxes are as well sharing the updates with nearby computers.

Edit: yes I know many will say it's not BitTorrent but I stick to it since well what else would BT stand for in the new update directory: C:\$Windows.~BT:yup:

Last edited:
Of course it all can be turned off..but yeah tell you percents that or your grandparents that and they may just say "what?" Hell if it is so simple then why do we have IT even? The point is that all of this was turned on by default and i'm guessing around 89% of everyone doesn't really even know about it. Hell many don't even know about the hidden BitTorrent (update system) and such that is making their internet seem so slow not really understanding why. And yes all systems have this new update system being it windows 7/8. Been having some issues with farmers having slow internet the last few weeks due to their limited bandwidth and having already fully downloaded the update they never wanted..so it seems the Win7/8 boxes are as well sharing the updates with nearby computers.

Edit: yes I know many will say it's not BitTorrent but I stick to it since well what else would BT stand for in the new update directory: C:\$Windows.~BT:yup:

Other than the bit seeded updates in Windows 10, there's no new "privacy issues" in Windows 10 that wasn't there already in Windows 7.

With a built in keylogger and a permanently turned on mic to listen to anything you say all the time (business secrets anyone :eyecrazy:) i would not touch W10 with a 10ft pole.

With a built in keylogger and a permanently turned on mic to listen to anything you say all the time (business secrets anyone :eyecrazy:) i would not touch W10 with a 10ft pole.

This is an incorrect statement. There's no permanent keylogger or permanently turned on microphone in Windows 10. All these features is accessibility options that can be turned on an off freely by the users. In fact, there are far more serious privacy issues in windows 7/8.x

E-Lite.. Suggestion..

Stop trying to convince these guys that Windows 10 is ok to move to. Let them feel comfortable in the false thoughts that their information is safe and no one is sharing/selling it without their knowledge. I personally don't think they have any knowledge on how things work on the internet and how just general use of it will lead to their info being collected and sold to the highest bidder (BTW, most ISPs are far more guilty in this department than M$ ever could be).

The thing I find most amusing about this thread is that people would upgrade their computer without performing any research of the new OS and what steps should be taken to configure it to your personal needs. I guess we should just assume that those that wrote this OS (Micro$oft) would actually understand our needs. I personally spent several months looking at the options and reading articles on the "security issues" which turn out to be non-issues once you turn them off. A well planned install can make you machine run faster and cleaner than it ever did under Windows 7 or 8 but you all can have fun living under those frameworks. :confused:

Save your breath as I think it's falling on deaf ears with this subject. :wise:

Back