Windows 10 Issues

I couldn't help myself - I had to upgrade :ahh:

I have an issue I can't work around. On getting into the game, all my graphics looked bleached. I have played around with ingame settings but doesn't seem to have any effect.

Any ideas?

11741151_10204503246485837_701997949015164466_o.jpg

Yes I'm having the same issue here on my test system.

Edit:

11794153_10204503907862371_6908922165858595715_o.jpg

After going to http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us and updating the driver the color problem was fixed.

Last edited:
Yes I'm having the same issue here on my test system.

Like I mention to the thread starter, you need to download the specific windows 10 graphics card driver.

Ok, so new Nvidia gfx driver fix it, i will give it a shot and go for W10.

Just stay with windows 7 please. You can ONLY upgrade to win 10 if this new O.S. will give you more stability or speed running games. Theres tons of benchmarks between win7 / win 8 / win 10 on internet, just check which one is more fast, no reason for me to change O.S. right now.

Another reason to upgrade to win10 is to get dx12, if you have the newer graphics cards :)

Didn't have any issues with EU on my laptop after I installed Windows 10. I didn't have the GFX problem, but tbh, I just updated the driver from NVIDIA website yesterday. I've seen complaints on other forums regarding windows changing drivers and whatnot, but that didn't seem to be the case here, which I am happy about. (yesterday, windows was telling me that a driver more than 2 years old was the most current... yeah, okay. :confused: )

Anyway, will update with more information if I happen to come across any glitches or whatnot.

Why are you recommending Enterprise edition? There's no features in Enterprise edition that home users use anyway, as most of them requires you to be on a corporate Active Directory domain network.

He probably meant Ultimate, Enterprise is only available from MS on a volume license agreement and the only real additional feature MS added is the drive encryption which is only on Ult.

I'm running Ultimate on my work desktop and unless you knew there's no real difference between it and pro.

As for the colour, check the colour management settings of the monitor and if it's got something assigned then remove it. In W7 the image preview could go a similar way on some Samsung monitors due to the colour management applying a colour calibration.

Another reason to upgrade to win10 is to get dx12, if you have the newer graphics cards :)

The problem is the greater access to hardware being allowed to the developers, we could end up going back to the old Win98 days of games only working on certain hardware, where games makers have ties to the hardware manufacturer e.g. 3dfx and PowerVR back when I started PC gaming they were the only two accelerators and games had to written to use them.

Supposedly Win10 will allow two different graphics cards to work together so this might not be a problem except that we'll all need a Nvidia and AMD card installed. And who know what will happen for the laptop Intel only gamers.

Think of the current Nivida hair works issue, unless you know to turn if off then a certain game released in the last few months runs like a dog because it only works on specific high end cards but it's turned on by default and ends up running in the cpu not the gpu. At which point you're having to down res and still getting a massive fps drop.

Last edited:
Entropia ON WINDOWS 10

I suggest an upgrade to Windows10. I see that Entropia runs very smooth and less lag. (YES LESS LAG)

Ok how come you got it and i am still waiting for my notification?

Ok how come you got it and i am still waiting for my notification?

It seems to vary quite wildly, I got it on my home machine weeks ago but the machines where I work only one or two have got it and they're Win7 Pro oem. I'll probably install a copy somewhere as we're still running a 2003 domain and I don't know if MS have blocked joining a domain that old.

I got a nice email from *cough crap* ISP asking people not to download it during office hours and they're supposed to be for businesses :(

Last edited:
Really I think anyone who installs this on the day of launch is MAD.

With the history of Microsoft it is a given that any new release will be fraught with bugs and it will take at least 2 service packs (or whatever the modern equivalent is) to make it stable.

I am working away from my native country atm and as such have only 1 windows laptop at my disposal. I have deliberately turned off automatic updates after reading the OP's thread. I am not prepared to risk not being able to play EU just because Microsoft (just like MA) don't test their product properly before release.

Had I been back in the UK I would have let one of my older windows 7 machines run the update before even contemplating running it on my main gaming machine.

Anyway I feel for anyone who is having problems and I hope Microsoft sort them out. Personally I won't go near the update tab until everyone here has convinced me it is stable.

Ok said my Piece - HOF well and enjoy

Moondog

P.S. - Coz if you are reading this just remember you have access to multiple machines to play EU on whereas I am restricted to the one and you know how grouchy I get if i can't play :)

Actually it went really well. One of the problems was that I needed to update my graphics driver (windows said it was up to date and it wasn't). The other issue concerned outlook, which was cured by using a cmd program called scannow - didn't even know this existed. The overall experience has been good and Entropia plays very well with Windows 10.

Really I think anyone who installs this on the day of launch is MAD.

Yes if you have more than one system then have fun with the bugs as I have been other wise just wait and it will only get batter in time.

I run w10 and I got zero problems

Running an Nvidia t750i.

Also windows 10 rocks I really like it.
Just a cleaner system, idk if it's just me but it seems smoother as well

smooth install on 3 pcs no issues so far, chose to only keep files no apps/settings did not even have to re-download EU files

Im Really looking forward to test W10, but ill wait a few days. But the DX12 and new UI looks promising.
However i do hope that all of my other hardware doesnt need an upgrade due to mising drivers lol
Just bought a damn new printer and keyboard, and mouse :p

Windows 10 Installed on 4 PCs without any issues. So far no bugs using the new OS as well. Everything is working great - dare I even say... better.

I think the only issue people are running into are those who have NVidia Cards

Are you going from win8 to win10, or is any of you going from win7 to win10?

My experience as many many many years of IT says....... "Wait till SP 1 and then will see".

Despite some positive comments I follow my rule and stay to my solid and trustworthy "win 7 pro" for long time.

Not that it affects me, but just had to tell my dad not to upgrade.

Reason:

They are charging to play solitare without ads, that apparently appear for 15-30 seconds across the screen. $10 every year.

My dad and mum love solitaire, they play it every day. This will stop them getting windows 10.

Rgds

Ace

Not that it affects me, but just had to tell my dad not to upgrade.

Reason:

They are charging to play solitare without ads, that apparently appear for 15-30 seconds across the screen. $10 every year.

My dad and mum love solitaire, they play it every day. This will stop them getting windows 10.

Rgds

Ace

I did not experience any ads on that ,are you logged in with Microsoft account/xbox live ?
The only version of it that costs is premium ,not basic.

Only upgraded my laptop so far from 8,1 and it hade solitaire installed.

I did not experience any ads on that ,are you logged in with Microsoft account/xbox live ?
The only version of it that costs is premium ,not basic.

Only upgraded my laptop so far from 8,1 and it hade solitaire installed.

it was a news article that said it.

It said, solitaire has ads that run when you play.

Did you mean you didn't see any ads on solitaire?

Rgds

Ace

EDIT: http://www.pcgamer.com/windows-10-solitaire-requires-a-subscription-to-remove-ads/

EDIT2: or am i getting confused with a live account???

Last edited:
Running EU on Windows 10, no problems at all. Had some issues installing Win10 though, but after that was sorted all is good! :)

Updated Win 8.1 pro to Win 10 pro, EU refused to proceed past the loading screen (after entering login/password/code), also were no sounds in Windows at all (headphones are plugged into the display which gets the audio via HDMI, so basically it's also NVidia drivers' problem).

Downloaded the fresh drivers from Nvidia site, they refused to install.

Checked Windows Update and it found some updates including new nvidia drivers, installed and everything is fine after that.

i havn't tried it, but from reading there is an ad every now and then between games, pretty much like using free spotify

If you're used to tablet games than it's normal to see an advert every now and then and as the games are most likely the ones from the app store seeing adverts should be expected especially if they're not published by MS.

My experience as many many many years of IT says....... "Wait till SP 1 and then will see".

Despite some positive comments I follow my rule and stay to my solid and trustworthy "win 7 pro" for long time.

There's no such thing as "service packs" anymore. That sort of patching method was scraped in windows 7. Also, Windows releases and testing works a lot differently now days. It's already properly tested when it's released. I received my test-copy 4 months ago.

Back