Does people know they can transfer materials 100% risk free?

Lett me comment this, maybe little off topic but as HP and logic was mentioned i need to take advantage of on topic to comment it.
We don't know what really matter for MA.
There is no logic that Spacecraft Pilot skill and Spacecraft Weaponry give HP.
Pilot don't need hp as is ship witch get damaged and not actual avatar (Pilot) in spaceship.
Very "dynamic" is MA logic here.

So if we accepted that Pilot need a lot of HP so he get with Pilot and weaponry skills then we need to accept that for MA HP in space is very important.
In line of that wired logic nothing can surprise even if flying with les than half hp and helmet equipped actually work.

We need to learn how important is avatar HP in space because there is nothing to defend him in space lool.
That could be an answer as why an Tamer do not get HP with taming skills - he is probably protected by mothership and entre team of Vehicle Structural engineers repairing ship and defending him in this phenomenal way during act of taming mob lol.
"Dynamic" to that.
Miners get lot of HP, althou they don't fight mobs but try to avoid em. Following your logic mining profession shouldn't reward HP any more than Pilot... That's the problem with games, sometimes they follow their own internal logic instead of real life based common sense. Nothing much we can do about that, i'm afraid.

Miners get lot of HP, althou they don't fight mobs but try to avoid em. Following your logic mining profession shouldn't reward HP any more than Pilot... That's the problem with games, sometimes they follow their own internal logic instead of real life based common sense. Nothing much we can do about that, i'm afraid.

I don't get more hp when I go commando either.. I just get arrested :'(

MA could make so that Pilot add some small percentage to ship "HP" - structural integrity depending on how skilled is pilot.
Also i have read on this forum that pirates never get message that target avoided or evaded attack.
So pilot get hp and also defense skills and here is not clear if those defense skills help at all for ship to avoid pirate hit.
Miners at least meet mobs from time to time .
I'm still on old felling like miner need to have strength as he walk with high weight and need to have some hp and mode to defend himself as he meet mobs.
Today this maybe is not so logic because they have Vtols and they also can summon mining claim in spot enough far from mobs.
On other side Tamer for sure need hp more than mothership pilot in space.

Well i hope that helmet and half hp trick do not work in space even if getting HP was important advertising point and incentive to bring ppl in space.

Mining is hard physical labor. Seems only logical that it would give you greater toughness and stamina. While sitting your fat butt in a quad all day doesn't take any energy at all :p

So pilot get hp and also defense skills and here is not clear if those defense skills help at all for ship to avoid pirate hit.

Warp mines. Pilot skills and the captain profession are fit for the purpose in which they serve.

Losing all ones HP when ejected from a ship was added retrospectively in space. It was decided that it was required as the killer has to kill the avatar before they choke, so in a very limited time frame, unlike regular pvp. A decent armour could negate this.

I use auction to transport stackables between planets. There is obviously a small fee and there is a risk that someone will buy the stack so I make sure to set SB high enough that I wouldn't be upset if i got peds instead of the stack.

Does this still work? I always thought that if you canceled an auction it would just return to storage on the planet hosting the auction.

Also, since I live under a rock, will someone explain what the Thorifoid exploit is?

Does this still work? I always thought that if you canceled an auction it would just return to storage on the planet hosting the auction.

If you allow the auction to expire (instead of cancel) it goes to your won items tab and from there you can retrieve it to a storage on your current planet. So.
- put the stack on auction with minimum duration ( 1 day) set the SB based on how annoyed you would be if someone actually bought it compared to how much auction fee you are prepared to pay assuming it doesn't sell.
- fly to where you want the stack
- wait a day (for the auction to expire)
- retrieve either instantly or in 12 hours depending on how much you are prepared to pay for risk free transport.

If you allow the auction to expire (instead of cancel) it goes to your won items tab and from there you can retrieve it to a storage on your current planet. So.
- put the stack on auction with minimum duration ( 1 day) set the SB based on how annoyed you would be if someone actually bought it compared to how much auction fee you are prepared to pay assuming it doesn't sell.
- fly to where you want the stack
- wait a day (for the auction to expire)
- retrieve either instantly or in 12 hours depending on how much you are prepared to pay for risk free transport.

Crone uses this option when he needs weapons. It's not as expensive as one would think. Planning ahead only makes it cheaper.

Back