Platform Maintenance

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Our developers and engineers are aware of the recent slow performance issues, and are working hard to resolve them as quickly as possible.

The regularly scheduled weekly maintenance window yesterday provided an opportunity to implement several optimizations that have dramatically improved the performance of several systems, primarily the chat channels and private messaging.

Further platform improvements and optimizations are already in progress, and others will come during the maintenance window scheduled for next Tuesday.

We appreciate your patience while our team works diligently to ensure the best possible Entropia Universe experience.

Originally Posted Here

so it means ther will be NO update whit fixes next week

Our developers and engineers are aware of the recent slow performance issues, and are working hard to resolve them as quickly as possible.

The regularly scheduled weekly maintenance window yesterday provided an opportunity to implement several optimizations that have dramatically improved the performance of several systems, primarily the chat channels and private messaging.

Further platform improvements and optimizations are already in progress, and others will come during the maintenance window scheduled for next Tuesday.

We appreciate your patience while our team works diligently to ensure the best possible Entropia Universe experience.

Originally Posted Here

Thank you MA..all we asked.

Chat?

I'd much rather not have 10 hits dumped on me all at once.

Woohoo! Great start - please keep it up, the community would really appreciate this improvement... or rather getting back to "normal"

Chat?

I'd much rather not have 10 hits dumped on me all at once.

But that cost you money and it's a good thing for MA. Prolly one of the last things on their list of bugs to fix :)

But that cost you money and it's a good thing for MA. Prolly one of the last things on their list of bugs to fix :)

That makes no sense at all, i bet MA earn more from ppl shooting for 2 mins than ppl waiting 2 mins for revival and then getting bck to spot n etc

Nah MA earns more from people getting hit during lag and from mobs having extra regen since both are not compensated.

Nah MA earns more from people getting hit during lag and from mobs having extra regen since both are not compensated.
Regen is compensated, nugget (well, only up to a point but still).

I don't buy this "platform improvements and optimizations" thing. They haven't been able to raise the max player limit per area server for years now, i would be surprised if they suddenly manage to solve that problem now.
What they should do is spread the most popular spawns between different servers like they did last year. Thats something they can do easily. There was no need to wait for a disaster and only then begin fixing it. It's like group amnesia, nobody can remember what happened at last Migration... or like all the ppl who were there got fired meantime. Sloppy job, very sloppy.

It's nice that they are working on it but as we speak I am on my 5th disconnect and have stopped hunting for a few days now since it was near impossible to communicate and mobs hit even after death...not to mention all the "System:Failed" and "Error:Unknown Error." The disconnects also make me hesitant to craft as I then loose the ability to view the statistics for my run to document how the crafting run went. I hope this gets resolved soon.

That makes no sense at all, i bet MA earn more from ppl shooting for 2 mins than ppl waiting 2 mins for revival and then getting bck to spot n etc

Yes but you forgot about the other side of this lag issue..when you are shooting the mob and it seems you are hitting it but then lag is there to then find at the end you just wasted shots just like when in PVP. So yes NOT a good time at all to be hunting large mobs afk. So as he put, MA would put this on the low priority list since well most people are hunting the larger mobs afk and wow all that ammo being wasted :)

Yes but you forgot about the other side of this lag issue..when you are shooting the mob and it seems you are hitting it but then lag is there to then find at the end you just wasted shots just like when in PVP. So yes NOT a good time at all to be hunting large mobs afk. So as he put, MA would put this on the low priority list since well most people are hunting the larger mobs afk and wow all that ammo being wasted :)

Those shots r rolled bck not lost

Last edited:
Regen is compensated, nugget (well, only up to a point but still).

I don't buy this "platform improvements and optimizations" thing. They haven't been able to raise the max player limit per area server for years now, i would be surprised if they suddenly manage to solve that problem now.
What they should do is spread the most popular spawns between different servers like they did last year. Thats something they can do easily. There was no need to wait for a disaster and only then begin fixing it. It's like group amnesia, nobody can remember what happened at last Migration... or like all the ppl who were there got fired meantime. Sloppy job, very sloppy.

Hopefully the fix and patch does not involve ending migration. Lol

I don't know what''s this fuzz about. They're just stating that they will be still on vacation for one more week. And, this posting(original one), was automated in case some chaos threaten to put down servers.

Is the sound at Arkadia going to be fixed?

Seems like they would be better off rewriting the whole game then trying to put frosting on a damaged cake.

Seems like they would be better off rewriting the whole game then trying to put frosting on a damaged cake.

CE launch wasn't perfect, maybe they can try on unreal engine next instead? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

WAIT A SEC!! :scratch2: Haven't checked but has Microsoft released Windows 10 Servers yet? OMG NO!:lolup:

CE launch wasn't perfect, maybe they can try on unreal engine next instead?
Switch to Unreal is scheduled for next Tuesday.
Make sure u upgrade ur PC to Win10 by then and u won't even notice the engine is different. :girl:

Time to back to gamebyro!!!!! :p :p :p

I read this promises 2yr ago . since they server going worst! (i cant remember exact vu)

WAIT A SEC!! :scratch2: Haven't checked but has Microsoft released Windows 10 Servers yet? OMG NO!:lolup:

You mean Server 2016, the tech preview 2 has been out for a couple of months.

And guess what by default it doesn't have a desktop as it's made for the cloud you have to add it after installation :eyecrazy:

Back