Ideas to improve society terminal (Part 2)

Yes...Society's needs more attention and care from MA , many great ideas here and many more can find in near future...so work on it MA!!!:wise:

Faceof is Dynamic...:)
Faceof...:cool:

Lets get some nice society OPTIONS ingame :)

ADDED THIS:

Society Front Page
Better looking society front page, where society can have more complex information than currently. Better design. Also the possibility to add custom LOGO.

:)

Lets have some nice stuff in the next big update pls :)

MA more options for society's and soc terminal in 2016 pls...:wtg::wise:

Again, bumping this :)

Another thing I forgot to add:

When soc is recruiting its members and has it set to recruiting, it will be added to a "Recruiting List". So players have an easier way to see which soc are looking for members.

Bring in more ideas :)

More ideas to improve the Social Life in EU :)

Anyone with more ideas? :)

societies are for 'being social' so why not tie em in to social networks... mass message to society would have option to send message to all soc. member's fb account, forum pm, etc.

Not even 1 idea implemented in the last VU, lets hope something comes in the next one :)

So i thought about smth in my way to work today and now on a break checking forum i c this thread.
This idea below is not thought through and is just quick idea what would be IN MY OPINION an awesome thing for virtual universe like ours

Get rid of Society terminal all together and implement Society HQ. So for all societies it could be a terminal area at one of the teleporters. For example each society that has been approved (minimum 5 members right?) gets their allocated terminal area with lets say a small advertisement panel that society leaders could use for whatever they like, supposedly for recruitment. Bigger societies or top skilled societies would get better areas a house or maybe one of those middle level floors on the towers we already have. Its hard to explain but they are at all apartment building in the middle and top floors, huge open area that has literally nothing in it. So lets say top 50 or top 25 societies get the whole level at the building to them selves. A great motivation to be a top society member.
What the society HQ could include:
-all terminals, auction, repairs, tt, crafting machine etc, apart from revive.
-personal rentable areas ( each member could rent a room, a wall, corner, whatever, directly from MA paying in sweat, lysterium, daily tokens or whatever else could be a good currency. So they can put their personal stuff there and decorate as they wish if they wish.
-HOF area, where society leaders could put up displays with their hof/ath/rare loot or any other achievement screenshots
-personolised crafting area, how cool does the crafting area look at the Neverdie Bank at PA? Maybe not to all tastes but hey, soc could agree on smth like that right?
-tp chips from 3 or 4 and up could use this location as TP home, same as to private apartments
- many many many other little things that i had in mind but already forgot while typing all the above (slow in mobile)

I think this would improve the competitevenes for some, casual game experience for others, great way of building communities. Making parties (remember good old CND?). Even the upcoming fashion contest could be made in one such place, ppl wouldnt need to be looking for suitable place somewhere in the wilderness but instead could use existing/newly introduced decorative items, furniture, advert displays and so on. I would love to discover - Beauty contest 2016 Catwalk (L,C)

Ok maybe not the best proposed idea, but i am on my phone and if ppl want i can make a much better post once i get home to my pc.

Cheers
Soko

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this before, but how about some indication of how active a society is (how many members usually online each day) and perhaps a simple chart or graph showing what hours the members are usually online? Not sure if that's possible, but I've joined a number of societies over the years, hoping to give or receive advice, only to find nobody's online when I am. That would be a big factor in helping one choose an appropriate society, IMHO.

I totally support all changes that would make societies management easier, including, but not being limited to: seeing last login time of every member, auto promote/demote/kick, set societies as democracies or dictatures, customize number and name of ranks, welcome message, mass message, calendar, etc.

However, I am totally against against any buffs or in-game benefits, since that will basically force anyone who wants to stay competitive to join a society. One of the reasons why I picked this game was exactly the fact that I could play it as a freelancer / soloer and I don't feel the need to join a society.

Joining a society should be because you like the people in there, not because coded in-game benefits.

... just my 2 pecs ...

I totally support all changes that would make societies management easier, including, but not being limited to: seeing last login time of every member, auto promote/demote/kick, set societies as democracies or dictatures, customize number and name of ranks, welcome message, mass message, calendar, etc.

However, I am totally against against any buffs or in-game benefits, since that will basically force anyone who wants to stay competitive to join a society. One of the reasons why I picked this game was exactly the fact that I could play it as a freelancer / soloer and I don't feel the need to join a society.

Joining a society should be because you like the people in there, not because coded in-game benefits.

... just my 2 pecs ...

I agree with you. So add my :twocents: as well.

Bump this up again :)

Some of these things would be so easy to implement, yet nothing is happening :)

The Social buff. AHH when will it be added?

Time to give us some REAL updates? :)

Last edited:
Separate administrative functions such as ability to accept new members from rank.

When the top rank contains exactly one member, and only the top two ranks can accept new members, one natural result is a society composed primarily of Colonels. Military theme is not the only in which such a result is unrealistic.

Separate administrative functions such as ability to accept new members from rank.

When the top rank contains exactly one member, and only the top two ranks can accept new members, one natural result is a society composed primarily of Colonels. Military theme is not the only in which such a result is unrealistic.

Thanks, this is not a bad idea, and added to Organisational suggestions. :)

Ludvig, can we get some of this in-game soon?

For better social life in EU :)

Some really nice ideas here, if only MA would listen

Leadership Change
Leader could decide on who will take his place without people having to vote (depending on a soc TYPE: could be dictatorship, democracy or some other type)

I dont agree 100%, because when the Leader is offline the soc cant change it.. There should be 2 or maybe even 3 ways:
1. Voting
2. a certain number of Rank1 Members choosing a new one
3. old Leader chooses new Leader
(although 3 can be done allready, as a leader vote for someone, put yourself to not electable and wait one day)

Notification to Members
Ability to notify all members with important information.

Society Calendar
mark events, meetings, birthdays, or other events

I was thinking YEAH that would be handy with all other point but these 2 would ROCK.

Storage
Members put in items they can lend out and the soc leaders are able to recall these items at any time. In addition to that it could be upgradeable so it can hold more items (Either by events, missions or other form)

That would be awesome, but has to think about security (...scammers could join a soc, clear storage, leave soc ..) . Dunno if I like the recall .. or auto return when you are in action atm and the item disappears could be bad :(
Maybe it would work like this if you can only USE the items but not pick them up/ you can not move them to your inventory. Like Vehicles when you are allowed to drive them but you dont have them in your inventory.

@LeeLoo

Im not saying that all these ideas are perfect, but they are something thats possible to work with. Some of these ideas would really more societies forward, especially some new rankings to fight for, less dead societies, less societies with over 100 people etc... :)

Im glad this thread interests a lot of people by all the +REPs I am recieving.

I hope one beautiful day we wake up, turn on the pc and Mindark does the same :)

Back