Question: Taxes on Planet vs LA

I'm going way back into the depths of the grey matter here and may be mis-remembering it but......

That whole -Soc name removed- fiasco years ago was about botting but they were doing it on their own LA (Longu I believe) which somehow enabled them to profit fairly consistently.Then with the botting on top made for round the clock profit or so it was reported at the time.

I'm probably just muddying the waters bringing this up and it probably has zero bearing on how things work today but it gives me pause for thought that maybe its not-or wasn't-as black and white as we think.

I'm sure there are LA owners out there that hunt their own LA's exclusively at times but I've not seen them reporting 100% returns when doing so-I mean 100% when they include their own 'tax refund'.

At the end of the day only MA can answer this one with any confidence as there is just too much room for variance between person to person to get a solid answer from any testing method we have on our end.

My observations from hunting my LAs is that it did not seem like tt returns were affected by tax (jenny Fer and girts have done tests) on land areas. It seems that tax on land areas increase the variance. This can be seen by some metrics that land area owners can put together based on the tax they receive.

I haven't been public with this until now but between April and June there was a bug where land area owners did not get the tax they were owed based on their tax rates... it was a full 30% reduction across the board. Those that have various ratios they keep up with saw this drop. Certain ratios like tax per global are very constant unless you change maturities or mobs. This was "corrected" a week before the June vu. I proved that I wasnt getting the tax owed because if tax is based on loot that is looted, I got less tax (much less) for the entire day than what I calculated on my hunt alone. So either it isn't based on loot earned and we don't know, or it is something completely different.

In the end, tax isn't that important if there is markup and the la owners have events (like my own). It then can become more like sitting down at a poker table with a rake. If the loot is there and you have shots at a big payout, the rake is meaningless.

My observations from hunting my LAs is that it did not seem like tt returns were affected by tax (jenny Fer and girts have done tests) on land areas. It seems that tax on land areas increase the variance. This can be seen by some metrics that land area owners can put together based on the tax they receive.

I haven't been public with this until now but between April and June there was a bug where land area owners did not get the tax they were owed based on their tax rates... it was a full 30% reduction across the board. Those that have various ratios they keep up with saw this drop. Certain ratios like tax per global are very constant unless you change maturities or mobs. This was "corrected" a week before the June vu. I proved that I wasnt getting the tax owed because if tax is based on loot that is looted, I got less tax (much less) for the entire day than what I calculated on my hunt alone. So either it isn't based on loot earned and we don't know, or it is something completely different.

In the end, tax isn't that important if there is markup and the la owners have events (like my own). It then can become more like sitting down at a poker table with a rake. If the loot is there and you have shots at a big payout, the rake is meaningless.

This is a good observation. Now I wonder... why in 10 years nobody have a statement about how that tax is calculated and how the loot is or is not affected on an LA.
Reading all this posts now I am damn confused....
Question: Is it better to do my irons on an LA or on planet ?

If this is true lt then why did you complain so much about the taxed areas on rocktropia. Saying it was criminal and such

If this is true lt then why did you complain so much about the taxed areas on rocktropia. Saying it was criminal and such

I never said it was criminal. I said it was a shame that the PLANET had almost the entire planet taxed on top of the cut they already get. What I found to be sketchy was that many of those land areas are PVP and because of the lag and the sudden unreachables, I found THAT to be suspect... all those wasted shots.

Don't misrepresent.

If the tax is 5%, 5% of the tt loot goes to the LA and 95% goes to the looter. I can't see that it should work any differently?

If the tax is 5%, 5% of the tt loot goes to the LA and 95% goes to the looter. I can't see that it should work any differently?

Coding ...
Eg. As a workaround to getting invalid code when in a taxed land area. Imagine Loot generator has chosen you to get a certain item with a certain minimal tt value, but then tax comes around and says it should be 5% less tt, which makes it impossible to spawn after tax. Now considering that tax has to be counted after the initial loot tt value has been assigned i can see them taking a different route alltogether to get LA tax as to not get the invalid code i.e. item with less tt than its minimum value. Especially as the loot code probably has some really old coding in it which might have been manipulated by dozens of coders. So its not hard to imagine that they would rather not touch it. But now it seems they have recently.

Coding ...
Eg. As a workaround to getting invalid code when in a taxed land area. Imagine Loot generator has chosen you to get a certain item with a certain minimal tt value, but then tax comes around and says it should be 5% less tt, which makes it impossible to spawn after tax. Now considering that tax has to be counted after the initial loot tt value has been assigned i can see them taking a different route alltogether to get LA tax as to not get the invalid code i.e. item with less tt than its minimum value. Especially as the loot code probably has some really old coding in it which might have been manipulated by dozens of coders. So its not hard to imagine that they would rather not touch it. But now it seems they have recently.

Or determine the TT value of loot (after tax) and THEN assign specific items and stackables

... where "etc" = weapon decay, amp decay, mining finder decay and extractor decay (sic! probes and ammo spent is not included).

why the hell would they introduce 1ped weapons then?

i think its very simple...tt_in-tax(MA+PP,LA)=tt_out

Last edited:
why the hell would they introduce 1ped weapons then?

i think its very simple...tt_in-tax(MA+PP,LA)=tt_out
You may think many things. Thinking doesn't hurt anyone.
Well actually i don't know what are the revenue streams for the Platform (MA) based upon. This information is not so readily available as the info for PP's. It's not entirely impossible MA might get their cut from ammo/probes as well, but i have my doubts. It's much more likely they get their percentage from the same revenue streams as PP's.
Why is this more likely? Because way back it all started with one Company that had one Planet. The LA's were already present when the Universe was split between different Planets and Platform. It's much more likely they never remade the basic system but instead just shared part of their income.

So why they introduced 1ped weapons? Good question. Why they removed the fee from clothing that had been there for years? Why they rised the effective Hit Ability on oldschool weapons? Why they removed all the missed shots due to aiming mistakes (everywhere except in PvP areas)? It's not all they have done that effectively decreases their income. The list goes on...
I don't know why they did that. To stimulate the economy, to increase activity and total turnover, thus increasing their revenue, maybe? Possibly, maybe... :scratch2:

Anyway, coming back to our ROCKtropia example:
What I found to be sketchy was that many of those land areas are PVP and because of the lag and the sudden unreachables, I found THAT to be suspect... all those wasted shots.
It seems PvP doesn't really give u anything.
Taxed LA get's it's income from loot, missed shots don't increase loot - wasted effort there. Besides, most of those PvP enabled LA's have zero tax anyway. Maybe all of them, haven't checked the Beer Garden.
Planet Partner gets only the gun decay from the missed shot, ammo spent goes straight back to the lootpool. Pretty much wasted effort there as well.
Now, it's possible MA somehow gets their part, but it's also highly unlikely. Besides, why would ND do that for MA? Haven't exactly noticed they're in love with each other. :p

Those mobs that suddenly go unreachable, that's shady. I bet it's actually ND sitting in his top secret control center, making them go unreachable! That's it, there's no other explanation. Shady, very shady!

I can offer an alternate explanation for this global cospiracy.

Half of my soc is doing the No Way Out Prison missions on Rock atm. Yesterday we met 2 guys there and decided to have some fun. We called em out for a prison war. It's our turf afterall. So there was some shooting. Underestimated em and got killed. So yeah, t'was fun.
It seems to me Rock is little more PvP-friendly and less carebearish than most of the other planets. Except Cyrene ofc. Now, this is obviously not something that everyone can dig, or like. Which is not surprising. And that's it.

Last edited:
So why they introduced 1ped weapons? Good question. Why they removed the fee from clothing that had been there for years? Why they rised the effective Hit Ability on oldschool weapons? Why they sold CLD's to the participants (and gave up part of their income as a result)? I don't know. To stimulate the economy, to increase activity and total turnover, thus increasing their revenue, maybe? Or simply to make money in some cases? Possibly, maybe...

(sry will get little OT here)

i also forgot an old argument..whats with melee? there is only weapon decay so how does that work compared to ranged?
whats with mining amps? whats with crafting? why should it have another underlying loot system compared to weapon decay+ammo?

about clothing fee: perhaps they introduced it really (as they said) to reduce lag from ppl changing...how much money did they make on ppl equipping clothes? perhaps at highest 100 ped a week (and thats 5k equipped clothes)...

about changing HA. there are other examples...they introduced L, before that if you wanted better dmg than opalo+amp you had to use unmaxed sib..
i think they do such things because for them it doesn't matter, because they get their cut no matter how eco the peds are cycled....
[messed up argument following, correction https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?276659-Taxes-on-Planet-vs-LA&p=3402613&viewfull=1#post3402613]
if 2 ppl spend 500 ped (=1k ped cycled) system pay out 900 ped no matter if they use unmaxed sib or eco L or whatever
if one of those guys use unmaxed sib at 1 dmg/pec and other eco L with 3 dmg/pec both get 450 ped but the uneco guy paid 3x more to get it...

back in the days when i hunted argo at old twins with opalo+a105 there were ppl hunting them with unmaxed maddoxIV+amp in angel...
guess what i could cycle 200 ped for 2 weeks...
if you had maxed imk2 those days you were the most eco guy around, thats why it was worth like 250k or sth..
nowadays it is not difficult to be eco and all do it, thats why eco doesn't give you such a huge advantage than before..
but my point is, i think it makes no difference for MA or PP...

i would also like to point out that my theory of tt_in-tax=tt_out would be very safe towards exploits...MA can't lose money that way...
after the thing with triple bombing where you perhaps got amped drop free ppl asked "do they steal money from MA" and they said after hotfix "we assure you that the overall economy was not affected" for me this means that MA got their share but other miners paid for those amped drops..

Last edited:
I think that the topic starter is talking about me, as being the LA owner who told him this.

I'll explain it:

EVERY loot you do is taxed by 25%!
I need to find the page where this is stated, but I'm sure that some people will remember this while they read my text:

Every planet has the following setup:
- Every player registered via your planet gives the planet owner a 25% tax on his loot, no matter what planet he loots from
- Every player that receives loot on the planet, pays a 10% tax on that loot, no matter what planet he registered on.

So in a few examples, this would mean the following:
Situation A
Player X registered on Calypso and hunts on Arkadia:
- 15% of the loot is taxed by Calypso, as his original planet.
- 10% of the loot is taxed by Arkadia, as the looted planet.
Situation B
Player X registered on Cyrene and hunts on Calypso:
- 15% of the loot is taxed by Cyrene, as his original planet.
- 10% of the loot is taxed by Calypso, as the looted planet.
Situation C
Player X registered on Calypso and is hunting on Calypso:
- 25% of the loot is taxed by Calypso (15% original planet + 10% looted planet).

The Calypso looting tax only counts on the Eudoria continent, because the Amethera continent is bought by players, and therefor they have bought the rights on the 10% looted planet tax.
However, LA owners can choose their own taxation %, but cannot go higher than 10%, as this is the maximum "looted planet tax".

Because of this, it means that an LA with 5% tax only has the 15% original planet tax + 5% looted tax, meaning you have 20% tax instead of 25% tax. This is the reason why many players claim that they get better returns on LA's than on Eudoria even with this tax, this is because Eudoria also has a tax, it just doesn't pop up the window, but ALL planets have the 15% & 10% taxation rule.

This is also where the CLD revenue comes from. Where else would CLD revenue come from? I think the CLD explanation even says that! It's not like mindark would pay you free revenue...

Also, to someone who said that the tax is "extra", because MindArk wouldn't give their tax away:
They didn't give it away, they got paid for it, by selling the LA's. This is exactly the same as what happened with the CLD's, people paid in advance, to get a % of the tax.
The big difference is that the Eudoria continent has a fixed "looted tax" of 10%, and CLD owners only get 50% of that share, so they get a 5% tax, whereas LA owners can choose between 0 and 10%.

To those who do not believe this, I would say:
You shouldn't believe me on my word ofcourse, because I am an LA Owner (OLA #65: Shinkiba & Berycled prowler - Stalker). So yes, my opinion could be seen as prejudiced.
So instead I would say: do not just take my word on it, but try it yourself, hunt with 10k peds ammo on an LA, then hunt with 10k peds ammo on Eudoria on the same mobs, and you will see your returns on the LA are higher.
I also do not say this because I want people to try it on my LA, I don't mind, you can try it on any LA, also from other LA owners, then you know for sure that I am not getting any advantage of this, just in case you think that is the reason why I post this...
But you will see, if you try it, that LA's get better returns than Eudoria, unless the LA is taxing 10%, then it would be the same as Eudoria.

That's the whole thing, LA owners buy the rights for the 10% loot taxation that planets have.
I hope this clears things out.
If anyone might know the page where the explanation of the 10% & 15% can be found, please provide it, I've seen it before, but couldn't find it in a fast research, and I currently don't have the time to do a big search for it :)

Last edited:
EVERY loot you do is taxed by 25%!
I need to find the page where this is stated, but I'm sure that some people will remember this while they read my text:

Incorrect, they talk about "revenue", not loot. Makes your whole argument wrong!

Rgds

Ace

Incorrect, they talk about "revenue", not loot. Makes your whole argument wrong!

Rgds

Ace

it doesn't make the argument wrong, because the 15% & 10% taxes have been confirmed by MindArk!
And a result of a tax IS revenue.

Also, 1 additional thing I want to say before someone understands the above incorrectly:
An LA having 0% tax DOES NOT mean you get 100% returns on your TT, because there still is the 15% taxation of the original planet where you came from.

i also forgot an old argument..whats with melee? there is only weapon decay so how does that work compared to ranged?
Have u ever wondered why so much UL SIB melee drops on Ark? Compared to UL SIB firearms? And they keep dropping in spades... ;)

if 2 ppl spend 500 ped (=1k ped cycled) they pay out 900 ped no matter if they use unmaxed sib or eco L or whatever
if one of those guys use unmaxed sib at 1 dmg/pec and other eco L with 3 dmg/pec both get 450 ped but the uneco guy paid 3x more to get it...
/.../
my point is, it makes no difference for MA...
Well u kinda busted ur own argument bro. ;)
Then again, i think u explained very well why MA might consider it a good move to increase eco (or at least leave an impression they increased it).
MA indeed always gets their cut, but they can only cut what u actually cycle. If u get scared off by bad eco, low returns, slow skilling progress or whatever it is that u might not like - u might stop cycling and then there's nothing left for MA to cut.
Yes, that must be it. Thank you for the explanation. MA keeps shooting their foot simply cuz the show must go on... it's as simple as that really.

I did a fast research,
I found something about the %'s.
I wasn't even 100% correct, because the base taxation is even higher!

The taxation of the planets aren't 15% & 10%, but 25% & 10%!!!

I found for example the information for Monria (but it is the same for all the planets, as all planets were owned by people/companies)
http://www.entropiauniverse.com/entropia-universe/announcements/moon/

as you can read on the statement it says:
Revenue generated through participant activity will be shared with the Moon Manager as follows:

Activity on the moon estate by participants recruited by Moon Manager: 35%
Activity on the moon estate by all other participants: 10%
Activity elsewhere within Entropia Universe by participants recruited by the Moon Manager: 25%
This is the same % on all of the planets (I have asked this matter to an owner of a planet and he confirmed this)

The same counts for Calypso, which was bought by a company, but their deal eventually ran off, I heard something about that they weren't able to fullfil their payments, because of this, the 6million dollars that the company had to pay for Calypso, was changed into 60000 CLD's for 1000 peds, which was equal to the 6million dollars that the company would have to pay).

Normally the company behind Calypso would be receiving these 25% and 10% taxes, in exchange they had to buy the planet + develop weapons/things on the planet themselves.
When the deal went wrong, MindArk decided to get the 6 million by selling it to players with CLD's, and giving them 50% of the revenue that the original company was going to get. The other 50% of the money goes to MindArk, to pay for the development, because MindArk now has to do the development for Calypso themselves.

So originally, the plan was that MindArk would get NO revenue at all from the planets, but get money by SELLING planets. This changed when they decided to sell Calypso to the players with the CLD's.

So Calypso DOES have the same 25%+10% taxation as all other planets have, as this was already implemented when the original company was buying Calypso. The only difference now, is that those 25%+10% taxations now go 50% to mindark and 50% to the players "owning" calypso with their CLD's.

PS: I will edit the 15% in my original post to 25%, to make sure that people know the correct numbers if they only read my previous post.

Last edited:
Every planet has the following setup:
- Every player registered via your planet gives the planet owner a 15% tax on his loot, no matter what planet he loots from
- Every player that receives loot on the planet, pays a 10% tax on that loot, no matter what planet he registered on.
Your thoughts on LA tax are intriquing.
However, PP income has nothing to do with loot... [insert *flushing the toilet sound* here]

Well u kinda busted ur own argument bro. ;)

yea you are right...i said it wrong:
of course not each cycles 500 ped but together they cycle 1k ped...

i will try it again...

say there are two ppl killink 1k hp mobs
each of them kill 100 of them
one has eco of 2 other 3 dmg/pec
so 2eco guy cycles 500ped 3eco guy 333 ped->888 ped cycled..system pays back 90% so ~800 ped gets payed back..
both get 400 ped out of it..
system always gets ~90 ped

Last edited:
Another little something that might "prove" that LA tax replaces the normal tax:

It's kind of hard to do this with Calypso, because so many hunt on Eudoria.
But it's easier to prove this with the Arkadia deeds & Arkadia LA's, but they are similar to CLD deeds and Calypso LA's:

Based from EntropiaLife, the following LA's had these amounts of globals-value:
8 Coins
36 375.00 PED
Arkadia Event Area 1
3 135.00 PED
Arkadia Event Area 2
15.00 PED
Arkadia Event Area 3
654.00 PED
Arkadia Event Area 4
669.00 PED
Arkadia Land Area 1
4 148.00 PED
Arkadia Land Area 4
1 048.00 PED
Arkadia Underground
10 371.00 PED

Which brings us to a total of 56415 peds
These are ONLY the globals, there have also been the normal loots. + maybe there are more LA's that I don't know of that they are Arkadian.

These 7 days had 5 Arkadia Deed payouts, means that if we want to know the payout of these deeds, we have to take the average over 5 days, being on average 11283 peds where AUD owners should receive their share of.
All these 5 days had a payout of 0.01 ped, meaning that if 100% would be paid out to AUD owners, that would mean there would have to be 1 128 300 AUDS out there. ok, there won't be that many, but lets say the AUD holders get a 50% share, like CLD owners, that would mean 500.000+ auds? nope, there aren't that many, quite sure of that... And then we are only talking about the globals, add to that the normal loot + the loot on non LA areas...

This pretty much proves that it's not possible that the 10% revenue also counts for LA's, because then AUD revenue would have to be much higher.

So LA tax (max 10%) does replace the looted planet tax (always 10%)

At least, I'm 100% sure of that, but if this doesn't convince you, then you're allowed to have your own idea ofcourse. I don't want to force anything into believing what I believe. After all, we will never be sure, until MindArk actually tells us the real system.
But I'm sure they won't tell us, because if they would say that LA tax idd replaces Calypso tax, then everyone will hunt on LA, as they have a lower tax, and as result, MindArk wouldn't get as much money on their taxes anymore. So I'm quite certain that they will stay silent here.

Anyway, everyone is feel to believe what he wants, but I am convinced that LA tax replaces planet loot tax, and maybe some others will believe it too, but whichever side you choose, I'm fine with both :)

The Arkadian deeds only pay out on activity in the underground not on planet.

All those globals on the 'surface' have no effect on AUD payouts.

Aud= Arkadian Underground Deed.

Thats if I've understood your post correctly,its late I may not have :D

The Arkadian deeds only pay out on activity in the underground not on planet.

All those globals on the 'surface' have no effect on AUD payouts.

Aud= Arkadian Underground Deed.

Thats if I've understood your post correctly,its late I may not have :D
Yes u understood it correctly. Some ppl just can't get their facts straight... Flying on the wings of your imagination can be thrilling, but there's a right place and time for everything.

C'mon, we have a rare opportunity here. We've got our hands on some solid facts. There's not much to go on but still, it's facts not assumptions.
Wander away from those and u're turning this into just another useless loot theory discussion thread. There's hundreds of those on this forum already. Based, at best, on indirect evidence... if even that.

:topic:

Also replace those words in items descriptions like "exceptional" 'Good" etc with solid numbers.

I want this one too.
Most people don't understand that it's a BS description that does say nothing about ECO of that item.
It only describe the decay of item per click. At least new players will miss interpretate it.

sorry for oftopic

ok NOW I am totally confused ! 100%
1. The system revenue that is talked about PP and Monria is not the tax itself played by a player ?
2. The LA tax is added to that system or not ?
Based on your personal experience by hunting on LA is it better to do there or on the planet? I looked on the high loots and I saw that 99% high loots on hunting ARE NOT ON LA ! (Any ideea why?)
Is hunting on an LA anything else then just grinding same mob on a high density on same place ? And ofcource the bonuses and LA events ? Now I start to ask what's the purpose of the LA... (except a rare mob or unique mob)

Based on your personal experience by hunting on LA is it better to do there or on the planet? I looked on the high loots and I saw that 99% high loots on hunting ARE NOT ON LA ! (Any ideea why?)
Is hunting on an LA anything else then just grinding same mob on a high density on same place ? And ofcource the bonuses and LA events ? Now I start to ask what's the purpose of the LA... (except a rare mob or unique mob)
"Personal experience" is worth squat unless is backed up with statistical data. There's some logs that seem to prove return is smaller if u hunt/mine on taxed area. Then again, nothing conclusive.

Revenue base is different (and calculated differently) for LA and PP. This much we know.
What conclusions we can draw from that? It seems 2 different systems are independent and not mutually exclusive. Meaning, if LA owner takes his tax, it does not mean PP somehow puts his share from your decay "on hold" while u hunt/mine on LA. It seems both revenue streams (for the LA owner and for PP) are active at the same time.

However, what we don't know is how exactly the revenue stream for the Platform (MA) works. Some ppl argue that every area LA or no LA is taxed and if there's no LA owner to collect taxes then MA collects the tax. This is highly debatable theory and afaik there's absolutely no evidence to support this theory. However, as we don't know all the facts, never say never...

As far as i know this not a classified information. We have many people who could go and bug the PP's until they get an answer. Once we have a complete picture we could make solid conclusions.
Althou, many ppl with direct access to PP's are also LA owners and might not want this info to become public for their own business interests?

Last edited:
1 - Hunt/Minning in LA

Ma awalys take 10% , yes house never lose

1.a

if Tax set 5% , MA take 5% and LA owner take 5%
if Tax set 3% , MA take 7% and owner take 3%

Its prevent possible exploit in system if owner set 0% he get around 100% tt return.....

1.b

Tax are add

if tax set 5% , MA take 10% and LA owner take 5% , total - 15% in over long term tt85%

1.c

Tax at 5% , Ma take nothing since ma get money from "sale" "prize" and owner get 5%
total tax 5%

Based my experience i believe more 1.B because house never lose!

----------- CLD . AUD
CLD its sum all decay from calypso and avatar born in caly / 50 (its MA SHARE) / 25 (its Calpyso Company Share) / 60000 (number cld)

AUD its sum All tax from Arkadia Underground / all deeds (i forget how many ) and dont reflect anything beyond this .... and no Extra cuts

----------- ND statment
ND said one time in #Rocktropia Decay on planet , and Avatar born revenues its two thing , not same thing
in this case dont sure who CLD is calc at end

----------- FOMA/Hell/Monria
in this case better minning in moria since without taxed land! but you need analys others thing like average/markup , area you can minning , mobs you can hunt , warps , amps others thing

it doesn't make the argument wrong, because the 15% & 10% taxes have been confirmed by MindArk!
And a result of a tax IS revenue.

You are totally confused.... Where have MA ever confirmed any "tax" on loot? You are mixing up revenue sharing and your "tax".

Yes, the loot/return is smaller than the tt value we consume and decay. I can't personal say what the average return is, because I'm too lazy to track numbers, but it often said to be around 90-92%, so let say it is 90%. So the difference is 10%. Sure, you can call it "tax" if you want, but I don't. And it has never been confirmed by MA. Also, the average 90-92% return is an average, sometime you get 50% back on a hunting-trip, other times you have a nice global/Hof and get's 200%. So you are not "taxed" by a 10% MA tax each time you are on a "hunting-trip".

The average 8-10% difference is split between MA and the planet owners and in Calypsos case CLD owners also get their share of the revenue. LA tax have nothing to do with that. LA tax is just taking a share of the loot from the looter, if the tax is 5%, the LA owner gets 5%, the looter 95%.

My best runs no matter if hunt or mine, always happend on taxed LAs.

Nothing else to say, draw your own conclusions :)

Back