Help: How to play EU (and how not to)

If you dont account for the value of your skillgain, your argument is moot, if not void.

If you are losing money because of fap cost, you either need to re-negotiate terms or bail and do something else.

Really, its pretty embarassing to have to state the bleeding obvious to someone who has played Entropia 4 years longer than me. Especially as he is a lot richer than me and made a lot more money in-game than me, and all of you.

Star does have a valid point (skills should mean something more than higher cost to shoot). I have been watching and playing since 2008 and every time I have ever found a reason to skill (read as depo more) they have always messed it up royally. I will now stick with my low level mobs that I can hunt naked whenever I come back from my current break.

I was loosing my ass on eomon young because I wanted to finish that damned 1k mission for the evade rewards. I promptly got naked, took off the enhancers, etc. sold some crap from storage and proceeded to do ok on trox young and some other small mobs. As boring as fuck as it is, I suggest hunting WAY below your skill level allows. Break out the opalo and kill some chickens or some shit like that and see how you do :laugh:

I had a deep think on how to respond. Obviously I would have loved to have experienced the game play Star has done during my 10 years here. I've probably deposited a whole lot more dollars than Star if his claim is true that he's played for free after trading.

However it's not about looking back is it, it's about looking forward and working out if there's a future.

For example I'm taming some Atrox and trying to sell them just to cover whips right now. Is that what I want to do? Maybe it is a solution to the fact I can't afford to hunt, although maybe I might have stumbled on a lucrative future market?

So in some ways I'm doing something in EU, I hadn't planned. It doesn't quite fit the desire to blast it up on mobs, and get the levels I've dreamed of completing. But I'm here 'surviving'.

Do MA want Star to stop hunting?
Is the list so long with regards to paying out other long term players, they're trying to share the love to more players?

I personally think we are going through a huge transformation of the game, to force more players to pay their share of costs, that means players are more likely to have to pay for gear than trade it. With the odd few super looted items the lucky. Maybe old timers think that's unfair, maybe it is, but it seems the future.

So maybe that means Star the future is putting your hand in your pocket, could you do it, would you want to?

I appreciate loads of uber items you hold have probably lost a ton of value, but on the bright side you could dump some of it and still play for free. That's a better position to be in than most here. It's not like items are going up in price.

Or maybe just take your foot of the gas for a bit, and come tame some pets, and chat to Rick at Itacha, walking around :)

GL out there, I don't like to see any players unhappy.

Rick

Star does have a valid point (skills should mean something more than higher cost to shoot). I have been watching and playing since 2008 and every time I have ever found a reason to skill (read as depo more) they have always messed it up royally. I will now stick with my low level mobs that I can hunt naked whenever I come back from my current break.

So true..the only skill I really only look at is my Evade which seems to have the only real need in game relating to cost.

Or maybe just take your foot of the gas for a bit, and come tame some pets, and chat to Rick at Itacha, walking around :)

Rick

Sometimes you just have to re-learn the basics which you managed to forget some years before. :wise:

Loot goes....

Up..... Down......Up...... Down......Up..... Down

(you gettin' this?)

Sometimes you just have to re-learn the basics which you managed to forget some years before. :wise:

Loot goes....

Up..... Down......Up...... Down......Up..... Down

(you gettin' this?)

What ever the cycle is now mate, the hamster got off the wheel, because it was too hard to turn.

More interestingly though Compet will have personal cities that need to be defended. So I've got to get my Atrox army trained and ready to defend my property.

I'm selling Atrox pets btw.....lol

What ever the cycle is now mate, the hamster got off the wheel, because it was too hard to turn.

More interestingly tough Compet will have personal cities that need to be defended. So I've got to get my Atrox army trained and ready to defend my property.

I'm selling them btw.....lol

^ v ^ v ^ v

Sorry to hear you feel long term loot sucks.

No advice from me. There's nothing I could teach you. Everyone has their opinions, and no need to fire up the grill any more than has already been done. So I'll just :popcorn:

Some good points made by rick, spawn, mega and others

As for my 2 cents, I've only been here almost 8 years but I've noticed the loot pool appears to be made of multiple variable waves. Could be based on: location, planet, game time, mob, maturity, etc.
then for the skeptical or paranoid, like myself, let's add somemore: time since last logged, gear, avi, direction facing, etc lol

So with all these dynamic biorhythm type cycles all going on at the same time you can see how hard it is to align all the "planets" to hit the big one.

So with regard to star, if your loot is ass or the mobs loot is ass, then ofc you are losing way more and way faster, so switch to something cheaper. I know it sounds stupidly obvious but you just can't chase the dragon all the time

Hope this ramble makes any sense
Buck

Thanks Buck.

I'll just keep saying the same thing in slightly different ways, apologies to thread starter if my replies get more abrasive, but its to your own good, but I still think there is an ulterior motive, especially with your Skype connections...

Reason: I read something said by someone on this forum in 2008, and thanks to him, I've not looked back. I have no need to be particularly obscure, just shift what you do, try another way, see things from another perspective. Something will 'click' and when it does, keep doing it.

Star doesn't need advice from me (and is probably laughing at my posts), but there are those who joined after me who might. A long time ago I used to help and chat to new people at Swamp Camp.

If that all passed you by, enjoy the vid, and dance to someone else's tune! ;)

Last edited:
2dmcz74.gif

I don't blame you for this thread, whining on forums to get a nice loot has worked for so many people in the past.

Someone wants his ASI TEN ;)

Also, good luck.

HEY ! sounds like this goes against me :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Did anyone mention his rainbow sword yet?
Nice whining though, but imo ur not in the top anymore except skillwise ;)
Push a little harder :)

What I am NOT using is a fapbot, which would save me 500+ ped per day. It seems that is a big chunk over time; however, it is a lesser chunk that doing it solo with full armor at all times and fapping myself. Profit/loss = -15-25k I'd estimate.

I'd fap you for free, if you supplied the fap.
Trust is an issue there, but have references :) (obviously not going to happen, but there are folks who just like watching the hunter hunt, rather than expecting a wad of peds at the end.)

Be lucky, my only real rare loot was an A101 a few months back, oh and a MF heal 4 chip the other week, that I didn't even notice I looted, until I went to repair all and thought, holy cow, this repair bills a bit high.
And in 8 years of playing, only ever solo'ed and got loot above 1k 4 times, depo'ed a hell of a lot in that time, and got for the most part, crap returns.

I've watched a few streams to with people shooting warriors, and saw the Chirpy loot on them, simple, don't shoot them anymore, instead of hoping for a big one, which can happen. I've shot quite a few LT Stalker (yea, not an uber mob by a long stretch) and got 3 or 4 ped loots on the vast majority of them, then shot an Alpha and loot gets better, so the bigger maturities seem pointless to shoot.

Some good points made by rick, spawn, mega and others

..... direction facing, etc lol

Buck

I believed that one was actually true....too much of a coincidence at times.

Rick

3) DO NOT use a real person fapping you. Paying a person 60 PED/hour instead of using a fapbot means you are probably coming out way behind on your hunts. (Does this point to using a fapbot? It would appear a lot of people think so)

Yeah use a bot like Nostrop Doener did in the past, let MA find it out and permaban your account losing all you invested into EU (in case Nostrop Doener it was only 2 LAs).
Its against EULA/ToU to use any bots.
Better hire FAPer, thats not breaking any rules!

5) DO live in Sweden. Lag aside, is it possible there is an ingame quota for how much money must be paid to Swedes in order to keep it in their country? I don't know, just asking!?

LOL
I offer FAP service and was with a swedish hunter last 2 days, who lost 500-800 PED / hunt in several consecutive days. Biggest global 500 PED on 1k Eomon - well obviously MA doesn´t love all swedes :D
Questionable if that helps.

6) DO deposit heavily. If you deposit a lot, you are probably more loved by MindArk. I don't disagree with this method tbh, but it takes away from the spirit of Real Cash Economy.
Absolutely bullshit and some gambling addicts will do so!
Deposit what you are willing to lose (payment for the fun). Set yourself a limit!
If you deposit more than willing to lose or can afford to lose, sooner or later we will see another damn whinning thread nobody needs !

I'm sure a lot of you think this is entirely a whining thread. I can say this, I've given my heart and soul to this virtual world. I am not really "whining" as much as just showing how much I care. I realize there are ups and downs and a lot of my initial post were meant to be satire. With the number of people I've known in this game from Sweden, of course I've known some who have lost their asses. I've known many depositors who got fucked on loot.

I think the majority of my post was geared toward understanding why luck seems to swing for such long periods in this world? Almost as though you've been given a certain unseen "buff" for a period of time, followed by a "nerf". Another point to the thread was to show that even those with the most skills can get fucked by the "gods" if they see fit.

In no way would I ever be trying to convince people to not play Entropia. Since I still make my living here, not really by hunting in most cases, I would never try to scare people away from EU. It in no way benefits me for others to stop playing. The more people here the better.

There are many tangents this thread could go on. Really the one I intended it to go on was the one where we all just joke about ways to get better loot or not to. Yes, some of my posts deviated from that tangent; however, all of us need to vent sometimes right? :)

*No my loot hasn't improved so that's not why I'm in a better mood. Perhaps I'm just bipolar! :D

It's nothing wrong to complain or taking up issues with the game in general, but I don't like when people are starting to bring up things like "I should have had that loot, they don't deserve that loot".

I think the problem maybe is the bad markup on loot. In a good working system the harder mobs should more and better markups on loot that would benefit the more skilled players that are able to hunt them.

Team play/loot also makes skills a bit less important, three "low-skilled" players in a team beats on very skilled player.

everyone plays the most expensive Cassino in the world have you thought about how expensive games are?

I'm here to help those of you know how to hunt. This guide is intended for those of you who plan on one day being near the very top of the skill ladder. Careful what you wish for. Anyone reading this will think I'm upset about it. Not exactly, I'm just pointing out that god seems to favor some people over others. I think maybe they pray more than I do. It really must be that. How else could you explain such things? :)

It is important to know a few important DO's and DON'TS of hunting:

1) DO NOT be the top hunter in the past 30 days by 400 globals. Well, this would point to killing a lot of mobs. The reward? Apparently, the reward is 40k less in normal loot than people who kill the same shit only less of it. Items? Yea! You'll get a few 2.5k PED items to shut you up after hunting for a thousand hours at 1-2k PED/hour spent. Items for them on the exact same mobs? Oh a few 15k items and a 50-120k item. Why not!? It all makes sense right?

2) DO NOT have the highest skills in the area you are hunting. Everyone thinks that being the highest skilled gives all the loot. Is this true? No. It has nothing to do with it. You are likely to get LESS loot if you are the highest skilled.

3) DO NOT use a real person fapping you. Paying a person 60 PED/hour instead of using a fapbot means you are probably coming out way behind on your hunts. (Does this point to using a fapbot? It would appear a lot of people think so)

4) DO somehow loot all the items killing the same mobs but just less of them. This is undoubtedly due to the achieved knowledge of how to play EU by playing so much smarter (shooting the exact same shit using the same or less dps).

5) DO live in Sweden. Lag aside, is it possible there is an ingame quota for how much money must be paid to Swedes in order to keep it in their country? I don't know, just asking!?

6) DO deposit heavily. If you deposit a lot, you are probably more loved by MindArk. I don't disagree with this method tbh, but it takes away from the spirit of Real Cash Economy.

This is how to play. If someone can teach me how to do and do not do the things listed, I'd be greatly appreciative. Thanks!

...and here I was thinking this might actually be helpful :dunce:

:cool::cool::cool:

????

everyone plays the most expensive Cassino in the world
have you thought about how expensive games are?

This game is crap.

Yet I can't quit, as I have a gambling problem and by them saying this is not gambling I can tell my AA guy that its okay.... He agrees it is not gambling, i mean there is MU and being eco durrrrrrrrrr :dunce:.

I grinded long tooth for a week, everyday about 6-7 hours.

lost out my ass, guy tps in next to me, first mob hits a 2k.

He hasn't killed a longtooth or had any other global since.

Obviously things happen in waves, which is utter bullhickall

Fuck you Mindark, sort you system out.

Last edited:
This game is crap.

Yet I can't quit, as I have a gambling problem and by them saying this is not gambling I can tell my AA guy that its okay.... He agrees it is not gambling, i mean there is MU and being eco durrrrrrrrrr :dunce:.

I grinded long tooth for a week, everyday about 6-7 hours.

lost out my ass, guy tps in next to me, first mob hits a 2k.

He hasn't killed a longtooth or had any other global since.

Fuck you Mindark, sort you system out.

I know how you feel grinding in this game you seem to get penalized for it which if ma earn peds from us decaying this kinda don't make sense, but most things iv seen in the last two years doesn't really point to gambling. Just not enough peds in the system for some odd reason and triggers.

I know how you feel grinding in this game you seem to get penalized for it which if ma earn peds from us decaying this kinda don't make sense, but most things iv seen in the last two years doesn't really point to gambling. Just not enough peds in the system for some odd reason and triggers.

Don't think it's a money issue for MA considering all the explosive bp loot given out and the latest boxes that were introduced.

I do agree that the loot system needs some tweaking, at times it's too obvious something is up (mining perspective).

ps. how would a hunt/craft or mining run not be a gamble as soon as you start.
Doing something that is uncertain is a gamble by definition.

Don't think it's a money issue for MA considering all the explosive bp loot given out and the latest boxes that were introduced.

I do agree that the loot system needs some tweaking, at times it's too obvious something is up (mining perspective).

ps. how would a hunt/craft or mining run not be a gamble as soon as you start.

Well i assume the system isnt as automated as we all like to think ;) Maybe next month or the following month we might see some of it coming out who knows ;)

Well i assume the system isnt as automated as we all like to think ;) Maybe next month or the following month we might see some of it coming out who knows ;)

Loot is coming out 24/7, but when a person doesn't get what one expects the trouble starts and there lies the problem, start playing and be happy when one gets the unexpected. :)

ps. people tend to forget the good streaks more often when they are in a bad streak.

I've found the best way to play this "game" is to leave your ego at home and just have fun playing the game.

I was about to start that kind of thread

When i m talking with some swedish people, i dont think we are playing the same game

All is fucking lose everytime. the more i play the more i lose.
The strongest i kill the more i lose

We cant prove the game is cheated, but we know it. and there is nothing new here.

what about the fact that 100 % of really uber item (so mod angel, mod shadow, and perfected tegretov) are looted by the Same Soc, including 2 items to a swedish Wss that have close relationship with Mindark?

Ok they hunt a lot, but they dont hunt MORE than the whole communauty !

i made support case today, i think this time was the one time too much for me

When i m talking with some swedish people, i dont think we are playing the same game

We cant prove the game is cheated, but we know it. and there is nothing new here.

what about the fact that 100 % of really uber item (so mod angel, mod shadow, and perfected tegretov) are looted by the Same Soc, including 2 items to a swedish Wss that have close relationship with Mindark?

Have to disagree with you there m8, just checked tracker for Mod Angel and Mod Shadow parts looted so far, and they are all over the place, not just WSS people.

LoL, you had a lot of nice loots too. Didnt you? Atm WSS are most active and we got some luck (some more, some less), however, im sure others got/will get more nice items before end of migration...

P.S. Who did got that Augmented gun from LT?

Back