Help: How to play EU (and how not to)

It is pretty hard to grind day in and day out for 13 years when you are constantly getting fucked on loot.

So how come you continued and didn't quit 10 years ago? You're no masochist.

And why this thread and now. Midlife crisis? Or is it a nudge for your 100k Eomon in 3 weeks time?

You could chip your skills out from now until 2025 and you'd still be vastly in profit.

112 890 PEDEomon07/14/2010

Fucked for 13 years you say?

Some read between the lines and know what's up.

ps. this is a suggestion/wishlist or loot theory thread.

112 890 PEDEomon07/14/2010

Fucked for 13 years you say?

Some read between the lines and know what's up.

Sorry you're right. I have gotten some loots! Try looking at the tracker and comparing avg globals vs others on the same mobs. Warriors and Dasp are a good example.

Do Not tell anyone about a special item you looted.
Do Not tell how much you paid for an item.
Do Not tell how much you sold an item for.

Sorry you're right. I have gotten some loots! Try looking at the tracker and comparing avg globals vs others on the same mobs. Warriors and Dasp are a good example.

Some avatars do better on other mobs then others regardless of setup dps or skill. No doubt theirs mobs you do better at then the persons you are implying here. I Cant hit anything on certain blueprints no matter how much i cycle on it yet others i have no problem and they seem to kick out its just the way of things. You got to find what's lucky for you and don't necessary follow what others are doing. But im sure at you hunting level you might know all this anyways. In which case call it a bad month like we all have and try again next month.

hardly play anymore but seems the people that do haven't changed :poke:

Definititely, do not withdraw. My loot has been screwed ever since.

But in all seriousness...

DO have fun
DO NOT seek to gamble

simples.

Selling 90k sweat @ 180 ped .. PM me

2dmcz74.gif

I don't blame you for this thread, whining on forums to get a nice loot has worked for so many people in the past.

Someone wants his ASI TEN ;)

Also, good luck.

Having most globals on any random mob doesnt mean u have killed more mobs than everyone else.
It's very easy to global on a mob that eats 60 ped to kill one.
You have most globals on Warrior,it just prooves u can kill biggest mobs ingame, NOT that u have hunted more than everyone else.
You have most globals on Daspy...you killed most of them as in Dome 17 was Prowler and Stalker only.

Sorry nothing prooves you are the most active Hunter on a special mob neither u have killed more than everyone else.
It just prooves you are willing to invest more peds in killing one mob than someone else is.

Dynamics can be dynamics aswell, if you dont get it.. dont get it.

i agree waves sucks.

You should make a deposit star, must of been awhile right?

My name is t5 ace industry, and I am a entropia universe junkie!

They say first step is the hardest, from then everything will go easier.........

Reactions: Mac
While you took your break someone else has stepped up. You no longer have the most DPS either and like lunchbox was saying this person was hunting the whole time you were not. I'm pretty sure this hunter is using the terminator which is the most DPS in whole game. Why don't you start a TT Return hunting log so we can all see how bad you really are doing. You did also just loot a angel thigh or shin UL few days ago. I know it's not much at your level but it's still something already 2.5k bid on it. Nothing like the UL gun petrov 6 or whatever but luck is involved as well I guess.

ha ha ha Star crying again :D
Created selling out thread allready ???

Want get some loot ? I think you should play more and stop cheat on small players like was with rings. Maybe then you get some rare like angel thights :D

1) DO NOT be the top hunter in the past 30 days by 400 globals. Well, this would point to killing a lot of mobs. The reward? Apparently, the reward is 40k less in normal loot than people who kill the same shit only less of it. Items? Yea! You'll get a few 2.5k PED items to shut you up after hunting for a thousand hours at 1-2k PED/hour spent. Items for them on the exact same mobs? Oh a few 15k items and a 50-120k item. Why not!? It all makes sense right?

4) DO somehow loot all the items killing the same mobs but just less of them. This is undoubtedly due to the achieved knowledge of how to play EU by playing so much smarter (shooting the exact same shit using the same or less dps).

perhaps shooting all the time is the wrong approach?
perhaps the right timing is king?
perhaps some players made lots of studies about this and really play smarter?
(i am not saying i am one of those "smart" ppl but i sometimes know when to stop and when its good idea to do certain things in terms of drops/loots)

if i have 5k clicks crafting to do i always do better if i split to 500 clicks a day than doing all at once..

Last edited:
Problems with post like this is:

Lets say we have a "uber" player that kills 100 of a mob type.
Then we have 99 other "low-level" players that kills 2 mob each of the same type with a total of 198.

The chance the "uber" will get the "jackpot" is 100/298=34%, the chance some low-level player wins, 66%. The uber-player will be mad even if the chance that he gets the jackpot is smaller than that he/she get it.

:wise: Just go hunt with the amount of peds you are ready to SPEND for your entertainment. everything you win is a bonus, every swirl that comes up is an extra and gives you a little smile for a while.

In fact I always felt like one of those very unlucky avatars, always bad luck in hunting / crafting / mining, never any good loot (no item, no uber, nearly no hofs.. ) but now I CLEANED my storage very very deeply, sold all stuff/items I had and collected nearly as many peds that I ever deposited. .. .. soooo IF I would chip out and sell skills too I could probably withdraw more than I deposited over the years. that made me feel a lot better :girl:

Then we have 99 other "low-level" players that kills 2 mob each of the same type with a total of 198.

The chance the "uber" will get the "jackpot" is 100/298=34%, the chance some low-level player wins, 66%. The uber-player will be mad even if the chance that he gets the jackpot is smaller than that he/she get it.

The only way to win all the prizes in the lottery is to buy all the tickets.

People who believe deposits and loot have a connection have perception bias. Swedish gaming authority wouldn't let them do such a thing. It is just that when people depo, their hunts are longer, they cycle more, and every once in a while hit a jackpot because they had to depo because they were in a down cycle.

Maybe you should get in contact with them & ask how they investigated entropia & how long it's been..
I'm 100% sure you'd be suprised of the answer!
& since ppl think I post too much negative shit, you'll have to inform yourself..

Exactly what i was thinking, and posting it in a far better way than i ever could!

I was going to rant at star, but this says it better than that.

Rgds

Ace

not sure what number you are at now but

* be in a soc that is loved by MA, WSS comes to mind :p (nothing personal guys)
* Don't be the 1st to complete a mission, you will be buttfucked :laugh:
yes I know the last for sure, was 1st to complete bronze aurli, falx & kingfisher

The way I read the original post is that one should not aim to reach max levels in order to expect some improvements or more chances from there on even if it plays smart.
Based on the history of the player, the assumption is that he/she knows how to play smart.
So, it seems this is a direct hit to the owner of the game by trying to discourage players to evolve as there is no point for that.
I think that the real question is: "what is the real reason for such a hit from an old and active player in this game?"
I assume this will not be revealed.
Maybe I got it wrong, but this is my feeling.
Regards,
III Dusk MMM

Seems like op never had any luck in this game. I am sorry for him. I was lucky to loot an a106 in this game. I guess when you never loot anything better than that and deposited your ass off, you have a right to let off some steam. I also was lucky and got 2600 ped as my biggest loot ever in the 11 years I played this game. Obviously op never had such luck. Once I logged off 15 minutes before zombie Kong looted 220k ped, I feel lucky to have almost been a part of that loot.
Once again I feel sorry for op. Maybe we can.make a star fund to help him. If we all chip in 100 ped, he could get a better experience like I had !

Seems like op never had any luck in this game. I am sorry for him. I was lucky to loot an a106 in this game. I guess when you never loot anything better than that an deposited your ass off, you have a right to let off some stem. I also was lucky and got 2600 ped as my biggest loot ever in the 11 years I played this game. Obviously op never had such luck. Once I logged off 15 minutes before zombie Kong loot 220k ped, I feel lucky to have almost been a part of that loot.
Once again I deel sorry for op. Maybe we can.make a star fund to help him. If we all chip in 100 ped, he could get a better experience like I had !

Lol at the sarcasm..! You should be British!

Rgds

Ace

Having most globals on any random mob doesnt mean u have killed more mobs than everyone else.
It's very easy to global on a mob that eats 60 ped to kill one.
You have most globals on Warrior,it just prooves u can kill biggest mobs ingame, NOT that u have hunted more than everyone else.
You have most globals on Daspy...you killed most of them as in Dome 17 was Prowler and Stalker only.

Sorry nothing prooves you are the most active Hunter on a special mob neither u have killed more than everyone else.
It just prooves you are willing to invest more peds in killing one mob than someone else is.

Actually Grave, you should know that there weren't stalkers in the first 3 years and that I did almost exclusively Youngs. It is true that sometimes size of mob produces globals; however, if you were online paying a fapper 800 PEDS per day at a rate of 60/hour, you'd know that there's no way anyone was hunting more as a SINGLE player on the avatar in the time period.

While you took your break someone else has stepped up. You no longer have the most DPS either and like lunchbox was saying this person was hunting the whole time you were not. I'm pretty sure this hunter is using the terminator which is the most DPS in whole game. Why don't you start a TT Return hunting log so we can all see how bad you really are doing. You did also just loot a angel thigh or shin UL few days ago. I know it's not much at your level but it's still something already 2.5k bid on it. Nothing like the UL gun petrov 6 or whatever but luck is involved as well I guess.

Took a break? I've been very active for at least 3-5 months. I've moved from 22 to 8 or 9 on the tracker all time. You can't do that in 30 days to my knowledge. These kills were NOT using the terminator as it was sold for some of the time and I was near the hunter for a lot of it. There are only 2 warrior commanders at zychion. It isn't very hard to see my mobs were dying faster. It also wasn't hard to see who was dying more.

ha ha ha Star crying again :D
Created selling out thread allready ???

Want get some loot ? I think you should play more and stop cheat on small players like was with rings. Maybe then you get some rare like angel thights :D

Constructive post. Thanks! You think I create those selling threads for no reason? Typically it is because I can't take it anymore a lot of times. I've tried to sell out multiple times but the ESI droprate seems to stop in those times. Go figure. 1 or 2 Pages of ESI on auction - You think I can loot enough in the next 50 years to sell out? I bought and sold rings, I won't disagree there. Isn't that part of the Real Cash Economy?

perhaps shooting all the time is the wrong approach?
perhaps the right timing is king?
perhaps some players made lots of studies about this and really play smarter?
(i am not saying i am one of those "smart" ppl but i sometimes know when to stop and when its good idea to do certain things in terms of drops/loots)

if i have 5k clicks crafting to do i always do better if i split to 500 clicks a day than doing all at once..

I agree timing matters. There are "waves" of items. I just question how some players know when to just arrive to a certain mob when there is no way they've compiled more data on when the mob should drop something. 1 mod shadow helmet dropped this whole migration, did they know the "timing" of it dropping by charts and journals? No. Same goes for many items, there's no way to predict them or everyone would be there.

Agree entirely. That's why I don't understand how it is that the math doesn't seem to ever work out with 34%. It is more like kill 50% of all warrior commanders killed and get 5% of the best loots on them. I could make a list of those ratios. Looking at a few mobs on tracker, I could always see that my global ratio was the highest or near that overall yet somehow for each mob in particular, I was very low.

The way I read the original post is that one should not aim to reach max levels in order to expect some improvements or more chances from there on even if it plays smart.
Based on the history of the player, the assumption is that he/she knows how to play smart.
So, it seems this is a direct hit to the owner of the game by trying to discourage players to evolve as there is no point for that.
I think that the real question is: "what is the real reason for such a hit from an old and active player in this game?"
I assume this will not be revealed.
Maybe I got it wrong, but this is my feeling.
Regards,
III Dusk MMM

Exactly. It is a catch 22 when I make my living here trading but can't stand the hunting element of the game. The real problem is this forum is also able to delete any "dig" at the game makers that it sees fit. I don't feel that's really the spirit of a forum.

There's a lot of stuff I haven't said here because I knew that I could be "disciplined" either ingame or on the forum. I also knew the thread wouldn't last very long if I said a lot of it.

How is no one is wondering about the fact that one of the most skilled player ingame is having problems keeping his ped cards alive?

Star came here claiming there is a problem out there, but most of people is using this opportunity only to make jokes on him ...
Very childish.

How is no one is wondering about the fact that one of the most skilled player ingame is having problems keeping his ped cards alive?

Star came here claiming there is a problem out there, but most of people is using this opportunity only to make jokes on him ...
Very childish.

Probably it is how I wrote it and what I've said in the past. Sometimes I've been childish on the forum and ingame and so they are getting their payback. I understand it and I knew it would be the case. Honestly, I'm just saying this: I started with a big enough bank roll to not worry (I thought). I tried to hunt the big shit "eco" when I thought things were bad and use carramone when they were good. Last week starting my hunt on Wednesday, I had exactly 12k PEDS on my card (made from trading). Today I logged in and couldn't really even hunt due to lack of peds. I had just enough for 500 Synthetic ME, 300 universal ammo, 100 Laser Cells and 500 BLP Ammo - which should last me like 25 minutes tops.

I've lost a lot more than that this migration, but that is the only sample I've tracked. I do have angel thighs and 2 x 19 ped esi in auction, along with about 10 guns that I listed for between 50-100 PED there. So about 3.5k PED or so in "stuff" to go with that ammo. 3.5k PED of stuff + about 1500 PED in ammo = 5k PED. That's about 7k loss in 1 week hunting. I know I've had similar weeks since migration started. Actually, I've only had 3 good days of loot during the whole migration. They were quite good, but not good enough to make up for the very next day of hunting loss.

So I ask, at level 161 BLP sniper now, 102.5 evader, with 2% ch scope, 20% laser, arson chip tier 6/8 to use, perfect ares ring, augmented athenic ring, imp doa tier 9 with mod evil, and the ability to do eomon stalkers in liakon+5a or carramone + 8a sga, a bunch of pills for any type....what exactly am I doing "wrong" in this situation?

I have also hunted Eomon Alphas/Prowlers naked, mulmun ascended in Carramone, and Mulmun looter elites naked...so it isn't just the mob choice of Eomon Stalkers. Did MA forget the normal HoFs/loot this time? The ELM guns do nothing for "+/-" unless you farm them using the kill to 5% tactic, which isn't even that profitable anymore since they changed the drop waves of guns.

Refer back to my initial post and you can then see why I advise those things! :)

Very childish.

Yeah.. well this discussion miss one important point with skills. The skills make you able to decrease the cost of killing the mobs, they don't increase the loot from the mobs. So even if the low-skilled players get the same or even better loot from the mob than a higher skilled player, the low-skill player could still ending up worse because they have a higher cost for the killings. If you kill a 1 kg chicken, you will get a 1 kg chicken to eat, don't matter how you kill it.

Special loot is also very rare and random, so nothing players should count on getting. The only way to get a good return/cost ratio is if you know some mob that on regular bases drops loot with good markup.

Reactions: das
Back