How would you have money spent in EU?

How would you have MA spend money it feels is discretionary?

• Send my money to your charity of choice.(You may post charities you would support)

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Keep money in game for usage in player contests, prizes and awards, etc

Votes: 26 72.2%
  • Send peds to Gary the Giraffe and create an account so he can play.

Votes: 8 22.2%

• Total voters

jaydub

Old Alpha
Society
Guess Who
Victor 'Brick' Vonn
Send it to Africa to help animal preservation as a tribute to Cecil the Lion or create a contest for in game play or send peds to Gary the Giraffe and create an account so he can play?

Brick

contest!

10000's of people are killed each year, but 1 guy pays 50k and kills a known lion & its front page news...

Neither. Cancer research.... donations to the USO.... pay to drop a nuke on ISIS so they stop massacring Christians because they don't convert. I'll never get the image out of my mind of the father who watched his daughter beheaded and she pleads with the father to help her.

I voted!

First! Yay!!!

Brick

that story makes me want to vomit LT...

Neither. Cancer research.... donations to the USO.... pay to drop a nuke on ISIS so they stop massacring Christians because they don't convert. I'll never get the image out of my mind of the father who watched his daughter beheaded and she pleads with the father to help her.

...I cant stand it...cant imagine a father having to see that...you would never recover...so many more important things in life to be dealing with...I can't fault MA for trying to do something but the whole outrage in the public eye by people who wouldn't raise a finger for more important issues is pathetic....apathetic...I guess this is more a commentary about the public issue and a little bit about MA involvement...the point I have come to realize is that it is not bad for MA to do these types of activities but making it a reactionary involvement to this manufactured public issues is problematic...it would be better to do it in the proper fashion as a corporate sponsor privately...and maybe step outside the box and support some real issues...

Brick

http://www.heifer.org

buy someone in less fortunate situation a lasting source of food/income in the form of chickens/goat/cow (which generate eggs/milk which is a durable source of food & income) ... i think it's genious, so i bought some family i don't know a cow ...

http://www.heifer.org/gift-catalog/index.html

it's like a rl CLD-bundle ...
oh dear, you know you play EU too much when ...

I vote for the nuke too :yup:

contest!

10000's of people are killed each year, but 1 guy pays 50k and kills a known lion & its front page news...

As someone who studies and works along with animal researches, it's a big deal. Though the bandwagon over this is pretty drawn out.

While I'm glad MA chose to donate to this -specific- cause, I can't help but feel it's nothing more than a PR stunt. Hop onto the bandwagon as so many others have.

It's hypocritical, really. 68 billion animals are killed yearly for no true reason at all. --Before I go off point, more contests from MA would be nice to see. Contests, events. Anything that all players could participate in would be great to see. A way to entice new players.

As someone who studies and works along with animal researches, it's a big deal. Though the bandwagon over this is pretty drawn out.

While I'm glad MA chose to donate to this -specific- cause, I can't help but feel it's nothing more than a PR stunt. Hop onto the bandwagon as so many others have.

It's hypocritical, really. 68 billion animals are killed yearly for no true reason at all. --Before I go off point, more contests from MA would be nice to see. Contests, events. Anything that all players could participate in would be great to see. A way to entice new players.

I'm going to have to require a citation for your 68 billion animals a year. There's a difference between killing for food and killing for shits and giggles.

its a food number not wasted animals...

I'm going to have to require a citation for your 68 billion animals a year. There's a difference between killing for food and killing for shits and giggles.

http://www.farmusa.org/

10 Billion in USA and 58 Billion worldwide...68 Billion...but this isn't even sourced...its just an animal rights site quoting a number...probably not valid either...regardless to some even when used for food they would say 'for no true reason at all'...and reduce food independence for billions of humans for their own elitist views...

Brick

Didn't vote. You didn't include the option to use profits to fix the game so it is playable for the average player, both in terms of infrastructure improvements to fix the bugs and technical problems and loot returns.

This thread is too American. I think the money should go to me.

Why?

Im not American :D

Mac!!!!!

Didn't vote. You didn't include the option to use profits to fix the game so it is playable for the average player, both in terms of infrastructure improvements to fix the bugs and technical problems and loot returns.

Come on!!! There's an 'etc.' there...

Keep money in game is the workable phrase...etc covers infrastructure IMO...VOTE!

:laugh:

OK...new contest...$50,000 ped to hunt Alexi the Swede as he has requested...all proceeds go to infrastructure fixes that will solve lag forever in EU...

Brick

Come on!!! There's an 'etc.' there...

Keep money in game is the workable phrase...etc covers infrastructure IMO...VOTE!

:laugh:

OK...new contest...$50,000 ped to hunt Alexi the Swede as he has requested...all proceeds go to infrastructure fixes that will solve lag forever in EU...

Brick

Done. Keep it in game, but don't spend it on stupid shit.

Bring it on! I will build a fortress out of items in IKEA, and I will survive with my Meatballs and Välfärd!

enough with this Entropia ZOOniverse , we want loot, we want prizes , events , no lag , save your game Mindark,because you are ruining it

and yes , Nuke FTW

Reactions: Mac
http://www.farmusa.org/

10 Billion in USA and 58 Billion worldwide...68 Billion...but this isn't even sourced...its just an animal rights site quoting a number...probably not valid either...regardless to some even when used for food they would say 'for no true reason at all'...and reduce food independence for billions of humans for their own elitist views...

Brick

Oof.

You don't need meat to survive. I'm an elitist.

http://www.animalliberationfront.com/Practical/FactoryFarm/USDAnumbers.htm

That's 2008. So let's forget 68 billion and even round it down. Let's round it down to a nice-over the top, smooth 8 billion. Just to try to feel better about ourselves.

--We can even ignore numbers. A disgusting amount of living beings are killed yearly for nothing more than gluttony. ;) But let's ignore that and just pound our feet on the floor.

See above. There's a huge difference between killing for food as needed, and as we do it in the current state.

My point still stands in my original post, unless we would like this to transform into a debate of ethics and morals. I don't think this would be the place for that though.

You do need protein to survive. You can keep your vegetables and tofu cakes and malnutrition.

You do need protein to survive. You can keep your vegetables and tofu cakes and malnutrition.

Plants, beans especially, are packed with protein and other vital nutrients. Let research be your friend, you can learn quite a bit.

Plants, beans especially, are packed with protein and other vital nutrients. Let research be your friend, you can learn quite a bit.

Agreed! It's all in the amino acids! ;)

Ex :lift:

Anyway back on topic, the thing is whilst a donation to Cecil fund is welcome, there are a gazillion charities, natural and man made disasters happening throughout the world, and I dont want MA to think they have to make donations a regular occurence.

Didn't vote.

How would you have money spent in EU?...

I love Rich guys in EU...ALSO MA loves them...why i remenber Rich (Ronn Moss from The Bold and the Beautiful ???)...

Maybe EU is next chapter of "The Bold and the Beautiful" and any other players cant or not worth play this game ...is only for high society guy's...:yay:

Tell the truth ppl ...u want only slaves to bring what u want but with wrong way!!!:lolup:

IDIOTS!!!:silly2:

IM NOT COMMUNIST!!!!

Cheers...
Faceof is Dynamic...:cool:

plants and beans are also packed with water and fibre. a little research would tell you that you need about 4-5 times the quantity of plant food for the same protein. a deeper research would tell you that the plant protien isnt all digestable, about half. and then it doesnt cover the full range of amino acids. you need to eat plates of vegtables to get the same protien as one small portion of meat. that said, we do eat far more meat than we need. cheses, eggs and tofu are the good compromise.

to topic, giraffe burgers would be very good, and lean too.

(sorry reaction to "do research" when showing only part of a complex tale.)

I could care less, it's not my money.. How they spend revenue is their business, so long as I still have a game to play.

And they did say a portion of proceeds, so it depends on what a "portion" is defined as, and how much players actually cycle for the event.

plants and beans are also packed with water and fibre. a little research would tell you that you need about 4-5 times the quantity of plant food for the same protein. a deeper research would tell you that the plant protien isnt all digestable, about half. and then it doesnt cover the full range of amino acids. you need to eat plates of vegtables to get the same protien as one small portion of meat. that said, we do eat far more meat than we need. cheses, eggs and tofu are the good compromise.
(sorry reaction to "do research" when showing only part of a complex tale.)

This is actually all very true. :) If we delve deeper into that research, we learn that the human body doesn't need as much protein as everyone is conditioned to believe.

http://www.veganhealth.org/articles/protein

For those who are interested.

Deficiency of protein is incredibly rare in modern society, and basically only affects people who are starving for whatever reason. It's not a concern for those who are eating a normal amount. The world health organization recommends between 5-10% of your daily calories to come from protein. So many common plant-based foods are in excess of that. -- My argument also wasn't for "It's easier to do it with plants than with meat." My argument was that we slaughter billions of animals, for no true reason. As was stated in my previous 'elitist' post.

Though we are truly straying from the OP's topic.

pay to drop a nuke on ISIS so they stop massacring Christians because they don't convert. I'll never get the image out of my mind of the father who watched his daughter beheaded and she pleads with the father to help her.

Totally unrelated to Eu but most of the victims of Daech are muslims (mostly Shia).

Donate the peds to star for his poor loots

I found it very cool from mindark as they donated some usd to the tsunami victims some years ago.

The current donation stunt is more or less "meh". If they jump the publicity train they should at least make it proper and create a special strong box with a rare lion pet in it and donate a part of the $$ spend on the boxes.

Back