CLD Shares Splitting - What Are Your Thougts

jambon

Stalker
Society
Shaolin
James Jambon Zidane
With the rising price of CLD's I'm wondering if it will get to a point where they decide to split land deeds into multiple pieces. Perhaps a 6-way split turning every CLD into 6 CLD's that each have 1/6th the payout share. IE 2 CLD's at a total value of 3600 peds(1800 each) each paying out 4 peds on average would turn into 12 CLD's with a value of 3600 peds (300 each) each paying out 0.67 peds each on average.

Benefits of this would be:
  • A lower price point per CLD. (assuming a valuation of 1800 peds each right now... at a 6 ways split would make CLD's 300 peds each)
  • CLD's would be more affordable to average players that may not have more that 300 - 600 peds to invest. To many average players 1800+ peds is a LARGE investment.
  • Give players the ability to cash out smaller portions of their shares as needed. So if you have 2 deeds valued at 3600 peds you don't have to give up a massive chunk of your investment if you only want to pull out 600 peds or so.
  • More CLD's and a lower price point means more auction commissions earned for the business ;)

What are your thoughts? Obviously the land bidding values could be easily adjusted to accommodate this share split. Really it wouldn't affect much other than effectively lowering the cost for people to get involved in investing.

I feel it will mostly drive up prices even more, and i don't see a point in that.
If 1800 peds is too much for people they can always buy AUD or compet deeds instead.

I think Calypso split into 60,000 pieces is fragmented enough.

I cant see them diluting them TBH.

One CLD is worth 0,0..1 PED (not sure exactly how many zeros there) TT.

I bet it's kind of difficult to divide that even further.

Not happy with your high CLD price?

I think Calypso split into 60,000 pieces is fragmented enough.

I cant see them diluting them TBH.

100% agree.

The current system drives players to deposit more than they would do normally. This money goes into the pocket of others users which are very likely to to hunt/mine/craft -> they spend the monoey to MA.

This is an indirect way for MA to drive deposits up and it's likely that this brings them more revenue long term, than splitting CLDs (or other things).

Back