Compet Bulletin #7

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
[h=3]Compet Bulletin #7[/h]In the previous ComPet bulletin we talked about player versus player pet battles. While the PVP pet battles are a central feature of ComPet, there are also many other cool features! In this ComPet bulletin we will take a look at the City Management feature.

[h=3]City Management[/h]Every ComPet player will have their own city to manage, where various useful structures can be built. The structures will for example offer the ability to recruit new pets, train existing pets, generate resources, and gain access to various other features and content.

The city itself and the buildings within can be upgraded in order to access new functions and pet bonuses. The city is also the main user interface from which most of your activities in ComPet originate.

ComPet will offer an exciting raid feature, where players can attack the cities of other ComPet players and pet battle them for their resources. Of course, this means defending your own city from attacks will be an important part of a successful strategy in ComPet!

Olivia, the ComPet app guide.

We are also very happy to introduce Olivia, the ComPet in-game assistant!
When ComPet is launched, Olivia will guide you through the game, providing you with information and advice when you need it.

Follow us on Twitter @playComPet to receive more exciting updates on the ComPet app!
Visit www.ComPetGame.com now to reserve your ComPet deeds.

The ComPet app is still in development. As such, any features, systems, and graphics of ComPet mentioned or shown in this document may be subject to change.

Originally Posted Here

Wow city management, this just went full pay to win/remove timers/limited energy pay for more.

So we've gone from Pet battles to a Simpsons Tapped out style game :scratch2:

The question is will I have space on my mobile or will have to upgrade :ahh:

That as well but Simpsons and Family guy both have the unlock characters from building something.

And I thought it wasn't mobile at all and HTML5 based.

They can't even make EU work correctly, how can anyone expect they will do any better with this?

They can't even make EU work correctly, how can anyone expect they will do any better with this?

Taken from the website:

"Will the ComPet app be available for iOS and Android devices?

The ComPet app will be offered as a standalone browser-based HTML5 application. This means it can be accessed from any platform or mobile device that has a modern web browser."

So, yes, it is doomed to fail, as it will not even be an app!! I have said this from the beginning. People are on tablets nowadays. They only play games from app store. This will not work in my arrogant opinion.

It is like they had a meeting, and someone said.
"How can we alienate most users?"
"Make it a browser and not an app game!"

Rgds

Ace

[h=3]Compet Bulletin #7[/h]
ComPet will offer an exciting raid feature, where players can attack the cities of other ComPet players and pet battle them for their resources. Of course, this means defending your own city from attacks will be an important part of a successful strategy in ComPet!

...am beginning to count the use by MA of the word 'exciting' - and considering how long it will be before I develop a full-blown aversion to the word....

So, how many nails does a coffin need? MA gives new meaning to the phrase "they've nailed it!".
After the relative failure so far of lootable pvp in space, compet cities will be lootable - and presumably stuck in one place, so a city cannot even hide. This may make neighbourhoods, societies and placing of your city vitally important.
I wonder how many resources will originate from EU....
How will new players get any kind of a foothold?
Will compets be pay-to-win on a scale which outdoes any actual skills in playing compet?

For maybe the first time.. I seriously hope delays slow this down to the speed of Cyrene's progress to full launch or slower!!!

At least the picture of Olivia is worth buying my 7th compet deed :)

There won't be any link to the in game pets:
you can get new pets and train them INSIDE the game with structure IN YOUR CITY. So complete different system.

Welcome to Travian with pets :)

Yes, that came to mind for me too. However, I cannot imagine that there will be various server versions available, which is a major plus for playing different styles in parallel, for example.
Not putting all of your eggs into one basket is quite an important phrase, in my opinion, but what is the point of learning whatever details we need for this complex strategy stuff if we only have one 'instance' for all our knowledge?

MA - IMPORTANT QUESTION! - Will we be able to have multiple cities or multiple avatars LEGALLY in compets?

Taken from the website:

"Will the ComPet app be available for iOS and Android devices?

The ComPet app will be offered as a standalone browser-based HTML5 application. This means it can be accessed from any platform or mobile device that has a modern web browser."

So, yes, it is doomed to fail, as it will not even be an app!! I have said this from the beginning. People are on tablets nowadays. They only play games from app store. This will not work in my arrogant opinion.

It is like they had a meeting, and someone said.
"How can we alienate most users?"
"Make it a browser and not an app game!"

Rgds

Ace

Even if their answer is a bit confusing, my guess is that it is an app that are based on html5. Maybe it will be possible to play the game both as an app and in an standard browser version.

Even if their answer is a bit confusing, my guess is that it is an app that are based on html5. Maybe it will be possible to play the game both as an app and in an standard browser version.

I hope you are right. For once I wish MA would be clear and concise!

Rgds

Ace

Slightly disappointed that Olivia isn't a paperclip.

Reactions: Mac
my question is, can I play it on facebook :lolup::lolup:

Meanwhile on Entropia Universe:

-Sorry, my client crashed again. :/
-But that was like 3hours ago!!!!
-Yeah I know, but only now chat started to work! >.<

[...]

[h=3]City Management[/h]Every ComPet player will have their own city to manage, where various useful structures can be built. The structures will for example offer the ability to recruit new pets, train existing pets, generate resources, and gain access to various other features and content.

The city itself and the buildings within can be upgraded in order to access new functions and pet bonuses. The city is also the main user interface from which most of your activities in ComPet originate.

[...]

How does this new twist of ComPet influence other EU's developments?

Namely:

1) how will those Cities affects (not that long ago sold) Stables?
If one will have to build their city and upgrade structures to "train existing pets" - how Stable owners are supposed to make a prospecting business?

2) how will those Cities affects (very recently sold) CLD Plots?
If one will have to build their city and upgrade structures to "generate resources" - how CLD Plot owners are supposed to hope for any business?

Are Stables and CLD Plots are being tossed to the same corner as Hangars?

There won't be any link to the in game pets:
you can get new pets and train them INSIDE the game with structure IN YOUR CITY. So complete different system.

If there's no link to in game pets, I'm soooo glad I didn't buy compet deeds

It might be the platforms payment system that has limited them regarding the app, the requirement is usually to take payments through the app store and why we keep hearing about kids spending $10,000 on Plants vs Zombies.

A lot of tablets and phones don't work too well with HTML5 especially if they're based on Android 3.

Last edited:
Oooh Compet has a Clash of Clans element, now that's interesting, now if they can just include a 'match 3' minigame in there for all the Candy Crushers.....

Those two other games rake in squillions. :money:

Back