pyro and kill strike

Xcessive

Alpha
anyone know if you can unlock kill strike with pyro? or any other mindforce profession? not listed on the pedia, but thought i would ask. I saw that it would unlock intuition.. so thought i would inquire about kill strike.

thanks in advance.

anyone know if you can unlock kill strike with pyro?
Provided entropedia info is correct (it's incomplete, but not necessarily incorrect), yes you can, but only by double-indirection, and with so much skills in pyro it'd probably be cheaper to buy a space shuttle. :)

Remember: Skills is a combination of the Attributes they are made up of, and how much money you have spent (on those skills). For skill points in "Pyrokinesis", 50% of those comes from (went to) "Pyro Kinetic (Hit)". That in turn has 2% Intelligence and 3% Psyche.

Intelligence has a 5% influence on "Gunner (Dmg)" (do note that only "(Dmg)" "Skills" contribute to "Kill Strike".

So if you gain 100k "whatever" into "Pyrokinesis", 50k of that goes into "Pyro Kinetic (Hit)". Then 1k goes into "Intelligence", and out of that you gain 50 "Gunner (Dmg)".

Repeat for the other permutations.

So the answer to your question is "Yes". It is, mathematically, possible.

If you however wanted to know if it's feasible within one lifetime, I'd be inclined to say it's not possible.

I get what tamlin is saying, but the sensible answer is no.

If you reach level 80 pyrokinetic damage you will not unlock kill strike, as KS does not contribute to the Pyro profession. You can skill on and reach level 80 dmg in one of the combat professions due to the shared skills like anatomy and wounding, but that would be something for your (grand)children to witness, not for you.

If you reach level 80 pyrokinetic damage you will not unlock kill strike, as KS does not contribute to the Pyro profession. You can skill on and reach level 80 dmg in one of the combat professions due to the shared skills like anatomy and wounding, but that would be something for your (grand)children to witness, not for you.

Lol it goes fast if you have the hunters best friend with you while hunting (Arso chip).
Im 76 in dmg because of the chip, but yeah too bad you can't unlock KS with it as MF goes faster than normal skills.

While MF in hit prof. is something nice. Newly we were told you can unlock intuition with it. So i'm looking forward to that!

I get what tamlin is saying, but the sensible answer is no.

Correct, and slither ain't no noob.

When someone of that experience says something is impossible, you better believe it.

Lol it goes fast if you have the hunters best friend with you while hunting (Arso chip).
Im 76 in dmg because of the chip, but yeah too bad you can't unlock KS with it as MF goes faster than normal skills.

While MF in hit prof. is something nice. Newly we were told you can unlock intuition with it. So i'm looking forward to that!

76 in MF dmg is one thing, but what's your pyro hit then? Cant be much over 60, which means it will take several 100k ped turnover and constant skilling before you unlock intuition. Good luck ;)

76 in MF dmg is one thing, but what's your pyro hit then? Cant be much over 60, which means it will take several 100k ped turnover and constant skilling before you unlock intuition. Good luck ;)

Right, its 65...

But with tier8 arso, the skilling is more due to higher decay. I'm giving my self 1 year to get to lvl 80 in hit, unless something happens in real and make me not hunt as I do currently

Right, its 65...

But with tier8 arso, the skilling is more due to higher decay. I'm giving my self 1 year to get to lvl 80 in hit, unless something happens in real and make me not hunt as I do currently

That's not too bad, guess I could use an Arsonistic chip too :scratch2:

Correct, and slither ain't no noob.

When someone of that experience says something is impossible, you better believe it.

Disagree, slither is a huge nib (lots of love mate hehe)

Long ago on start could be possible.
I did not unlock Kill Strike with MF because I had it already when mind force was implemented first time in PE/EU.
But Kill Strike was in MF skill set and you normally gained it by using pyro or electric chips.
It contributed to pyrotropy and psychotropy dmg.
When MA changed MF skill set and removed Kill Strike I lost a lot of DMG levels.
My Psychotropy DMG (today known as Electro Kinetic DMG) went from lvl 107 DMG to lvl 90 DMG in that time.

MF attack chips still have some damage skills contributors shared with ranged profession and in theory you could raise them to the point needed for unlock.
Even if you raised all contributing skills to that point - it is still unknown if unlock could be done with MF because MF don't give Kill Strike any more. You would probably need to shoot few hits with classic ranged weapons - pistol or rifle to unlock it.

Back