Cetus UL and /A SGA?

Society
Apocalyptic
Whining Skeptic Aboard
Hello guys and girls,

I am looking for some help to value a set or armor as I got offered it in a trade. The armor in question is a Cetus unlimited male.

Stats:
Stab: 12 HP
Cut: 15 HP
Impact: 13 HP
Penetration: 24 HP
Shrapnel: 15 HP
Burn: 31 HP
Acid: 15 HP

Entropedia:
http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Armor&name=Cetus

Sales thread:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?271824-Cetus-unL&highlight=cetus

The full set is unique which makes it crazy hard for me to compare with other sales. On top of that, I couldn't find any similiar armors on entropedia to compare prices.

--

I'd also like to know if anyone has any recent information on sales of 7A SGA? Auction history is crazy old and doesn't help me much.

--

Thanks in advance for any help.

The armor was for sale here for a long time. so, less than that. :laugh:

It's really tough to say.

Looks kind of cool.

Decent bot armor.

As far as I know, the Shrapnel protection is only really useful in pvp.

Aside from the firearms protection, it is about the same as Gremlin, I guess.

So, I guess what I'm saying is I have no real idea. :laugh:

The 7a's at least are on my own drool list, if I had the ped I'd make an offer. I would probably value them next to some of the most efficient armour sets available, e.g. possibly a Jag, divided by the relation in damage points. For the concrete example that would be 36/105 or roughly 1/3 the price tag for a Jag. Make sense? Go down from there in steps of 10% if no takers, or be happy if folks start fighting over it.

nice armour but not worth as much as seller is asking. I'd say around 5k

You would get similar protection with a set of Salamander and a set of gremlin/viceroy. Total of those two is around +3k ped.

With two armor sets you dont have to switch the 5b and 6a plates around either.

So what you pay above +3k ped is for owning a unique armor set.

Thanks for the replies.

I decided to pass on it. Considering the amount of time it was up for sale and the fact I would have wanted to pass it on quite quickly made me hesitant.

You would get similar protection with a set of Salamander and a set of gremlin/viceroy. Total of those two is around +3k ped.

With two armor sets you dont have to switch the 5b and 6a plates around either.

So what you pay above +3k ped is for owning a unique armor set.

With the way plates work now you're much better having evenly split protection (24/31 of cetus) rather than a big burn and low pen of sala. eg. if you get hit for 100 dam of burn/pen 50/50 the cetus+6a will protect 35 against pen and 43 v burn giving you 78 total protection. The sala+6a will protect 19 v pen and 50 v burn giving 69 total protection (the 6a will decay fully for the 12 burn but as sala gives enough anyway it's totaly wasted protection)

It all depend on damage distribution of the specific mob, and the sala will be better v some mobs, but in general I'd much prefer even split to having the bulk on burn. There's also some mobs that do burn plus some mix of imp/cut/stab which the cetus is better against.

These are the reasons I value cetus higher than sala

I think I saw on entropedia that there were a couple dragons that actually do burn and acid or something like that? So I guess this would be well suited for those.

Back