I need help from Entropia Universe users to complete a survey for my PhD research degree - We do provide different gifts

I need help from Entropia Universe users to complete a survey for my PhD research degree. Is it okay to post the survey here.

Please I need suggestions from the users about what they think the best way to collect the survey responses :)

Also any idea what I can do it get responses for my survey. This study is a comparison study between Entropia Universe, Second Life, World of Warcraft.

The hardest part is to get 100 valid responses from Entropia Universe. I have joined all the groups on Facebook. Any ideas will be appreciated :)

The survey URL is here if any one interested: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Virtual-Worlds

anyone who would like to complete the questionnaire we provide an appreciation gifts which user can choose from, the appreciation gifts are: (only for Second Life, Entropia Universe, and WOW will get the appreciation gifts)
1. Free hosting for one (1) year (5 GB Storage, 5 GB Bandwidth).
2. Free .com domain registration for one (1) year registered under your name.
3. US$5.00 to be sent to your PayPal account

Thank You all

$ 5.00 to fill a survey of 188 for academic research study at James Cook University Australia

Hey everyone,
I'm sharing my research questionnaire here for anyone who would like to complete the questionnaire we provide an appreciation gifts which user can choose from, the appreciation gifts are: (only for Second Life, Entropia Universe, and WOW will get the appreciation gifts)
1. Free hosting for one (1) year (5 GB Storage, 5 GB Bandwidth).
2. Free .com domain registration for one (1) year registered under your name.
3. US$5.00 to be sent to your PayPal account
We will appreciate if you decided to choose to participate in the question to please provide an accurate information.
It's 188 questions but nearly all of them are multiple-choice, which takes 25 to 30 min to finish.
Here is the URL for the survey
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Virtual-Worlds
Thank you.
Cheers

this question makes no sense:

14. Choose locations in Entropia Universe that you visit the most.

Accommodation

Adult

Automotive

Domestic Services

Education & learning

Entertainment

Event organisation

Financial Services

Food & Beverages

Government

Hair & Beauty

Manufacturing & Agriculture

Media & Communication

Medical

Pets

Professional Services

Sorry for the late reply. You are right some of the answers are not suitable for Entropia Universe, but as I don't have a very good experience in Entropia Universe I though it might be some locations where I have no idea about it. Like in Second Life virtual worlds, they do have all of these categorises in it.

Sorry for the confusion again

Sorry for the late reply. You are right some of the answers are not suitable for Entropia Universe, but as I don't have a very good experience in Entropia Universe I though it might be some locations where I have no idea about it. Like in Second Life virtual worlds, they do have all of these categorises in it.

Sorry for the confusion again

the answers make it seem like a 'whats your employment' type of question.

How do you propose I answer that specific one to not sully your research?

I'm 66% through it says. Which probably is a lie. No wait, I know it is a lie. Because first it moved 7% for 5 questions. But now I am up to 150 questions. And it never ends. It is repetitive. Questions are not properly researched.

This sucks. I'm not going to finish this due to the misguiding progress bar.

I quit the servey it took too long, and its not well informed

I just tried to take the survey and it timed out after the 2nd question with a 404 error. Then i said forget it 'cos it took like 4 min for the page to load after the 1st question and couldn't reload the page.

I tried,.

Besides the fact that it is terribly ill informed almost any question above nr104 will be answered with: I strongly agree. If you decide to make a poll atleast test the "game" you are polling yourself.

Even worse is the server your poll is located on! the next page wont load and the gateway will timeout. suffice to say I am NOT going to answer 120-ish questions again so I can maybe see the next page with bad questions.

Goodluck with your PhD

I'm 66% through it says. Which probably is a lie. No wait, I know it is a lie. Because first it moved 7% for 5 questions. But now I am up to 150 questions. And it never ends. It is repetitive. Questions are not properly researched.

This sucks. I'm not going to finish this due to the misguiding progress bar.

It is not misleading or anything, I use a very popular online tool which is (survey Monkey), what happen is there are some questions that get skipped based on your answers and that why you find it jumps very quickly and sometime now. But as I put in the main message, it is 188 questions.

Thank you for trying to help and I do understand it is a long survey and you might give it up, totally understand.

Thanks for trying, I really appreciate it.

the answers make it seem like a 'whats your employment' type of question.

How do you propose I answer that specific one to not sully your research?

We do compare the different answers and if there is an odd answer it need to be supported by others.

Thank you for your comment. The main reason for this is just as a research student we need the main user feedback, we are not a very experience users and we are not old members in the form. So we do join the form only for this purpose to get data for our research.

The virtual economics in Entropia Universe and WoW is generating million s of dollar each year and that's why there is a growing intention to study this new economy generated.

My survey is too long because we are looking at other things more the virtual economics.

So we do ask for help if people are willing, and we are not willing to annoy anyone for that. It is the only way to get our research done.

I just tried to take the survey and it timed out after the 2nd question with a 404 error. Then i said forget it 'cos it took like 4 min for the page to load after the 1st question and couldn't reload the page.

Thank you so much for willing to help and trying, the survey is hosted with a 3rd party software company (Survey Monkey) and maybe something went wrong. Thank you again.

I tried,.

Besides the fact that it is terribly ill informed almost any question above nr104 will be answered with: I strongly agree. If you decide to make a poll atleast test the "game" you are polling yourself.

Even worse is the server your poll is located on! the next page wont load and the gateway will timeout. suffice to say I am NOT going to answer 120-ish questions again so I can maybe see the next page with bad questions.

Goodluck with your PhD

I really sorry to hear that this happens. Sorry for that and thank you for willing to help

So you can receive a PhD in video games by comparing 3 different games, at least one of which you know nothing about?

What do you do with a PhD like this?

What kind of jobs will it open up for you?

Who is paying for your tuition?

I took the survey, I found the questions easy to answer and reasonable for the content. It was not 120 questions and took me approx 5 mins. I also received the $5 in my paypal (minus a .50 fee I guess paypal charged)

I just answered the questions, it's his job to figure out the results and apply it to whatever he is working on.

I suggest more people do it.

The roasting this guy is copping is a little disappointing.

but credit to him he's handling it well.

Doesn't reflect well on Entropia.......

I took the survey.

To be honest though it doesn't seem to be well written or planned, but I guess that's not really for me to say.

Good luck

:cool:

why not? :scratch2:

14. Choose locations in Entropia Universe that you visit the most.

Accommodation

apartment.jpg

Adult

vixen_492310.jpg

Automotive
autoprx_435919.jpg

Domestic Services

Education & learning

mentoring.jpg

Entertainment

Aren't you entertained? :rolleyes:

Event organisation

evemts.jpg

Financial Services

financial_859466.jpg

Food & Beverages

well that's a tough one...

beer.jpg

Government

Hair & Beauty

hairchair_438668.jpg

Manufacturing & Agriculture

manufacture.jpg

Media & Communication

pcf.jpg

Medical

medical.jpg

Pets

pets.jpg

Professional Services

healfordecay.jpg

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Last edited:

Last edited:
I completed this survey and had no issues with it.

While all the questions may not all be entirely relevant or applicable to Entropia, there will be some groups or sets of questions that are applicable to all three and should at least give a good range of answers for the guy.

Good luck with the research, golden_screem

Well, he could have contacted MindArk first and let us know through official channels? What this reflects is that Entropians can be very suspicious. Call me paranoid, but I haven't clicked that link.

Well, he could have contacted MindArk first and let us know through official channels? What this reflects is that Entropians can be very suspicious. Call me paranoid, but I haven't clicked that link.
No issues with that, normal survey site with one of the well known providers. I went 7 or 8 pages in before I lost patience since most questions were not relevant. I replied on Ark forum first and gave my honest verdict, that I think it is not well thought out and displays lack of knowledge of the subject at all. And that it would be unfair to take his money for ticking most questions off "neutral". Suggested he just join and get his toes wet and meet people in-world.

Last edited:

PhD ? I suspect it is not. The ethic committee???(no reference) .This appears to be an infant attempt at escalation without substantive's

Back