Please add an Item Lock feature !

Don't worry, MA will prolly remove the sell tab from Trade Terminals next VU.
No need to spend time to make lock option.

Ulf does take the effort to mention what MA think is a consequence of having the lock option - people who make support cases after tt-ing saying they are 'sure' they had the lock on. I think this is actually a valid argument, so why not turn the tables (in a way some have already suggested)...

But without the existence of the lock feature those people would still have TTed the item and made a support case, so having the lock doesn't increase the number of support cases.

I wonder if the guy who returned the 50 CLD s that MA gave him accidentally got 50,000 peds from MA.
:cool:

+1.

You can do it.

+1. This is a long overdue feature

Well, I for one am quite happy it's not more Swedish

I don't think we should start a discussion about the tax and political system in Sweden at say the US system. It will be deleted and locked fast if we do..... Let's say I'm very happy I'm living in Sweden ;)

But without the existence of the lock feature those people would still have TTed the item and made a support case, so having the lock doesn't increase the number of support cases.

I don't think the lock system is the right decision. I think being able to buy back the last 5 items or 10 items sold to trade terminal for the tt value and a fee is better. Maybe even an opportunity for both options... but as it has been said, the lock feature does have complications with the crowd that would be even more careless with this safeguard than without.

Not sure it is as simple as some might think, but anyway, some kind of solution
to reduce mistakes would be nice.
If they don't do it in a per item level, maybe split in every Inventory category
could be one solution, where stuff gets locked when moved to Item lock window.
Maybe one solution could be to use Storagebox system, where we could use items
even if they are in a certain type of box.
No matter what solution they do, I doubt it will cover all mistakes...

the lock feature does have complications with the crowd that would be even more careless with this safeguard than without.

I don't think these people exist.

We lost boys.

I would reply to them that it's an unacceptable answer and to forward your concern to the support dept manager.
Low level support personnel are unqualified to provide that type of assistance

I would reply to them that it's an unacceptable answer and to forward your concern to the support dept manager.
Low level support personnel are unqualified to provide that type of assistance

I was going to, but they closed my ticket with that reply.

Support reply.....you should never TT an item you wish to keep

No shit sherlock!!

It's not like people are doing it on purpose :duh:

A :bs: answer and a cop out.

EDIT:
The only way they will get extra support cases from people saying 'but I swear I had it locked' when it wasn't is if they are locking/unlocking all the time so to stop that-as others have suggested- is to put a price on it(craftable or straight to MA's pockets,I don't care).

It wouldn't bother me if it's 50ped.

There's no reason to lock/unlock all the time.The only reason to unlock it is to sell it.

Last edited:
+1

I think this has probably been requested on the forums almost every year since this game existed so about time to get it done! :)

Heres my +1

Isnt there a better way , maybe make petition that collects all the names on one page.

We need to make this happen.

I know it's a little bit of a necro, but this feature was implemented in VU17

It is now possible to “protect” equippable items and attachments, preventing them from being traded, dropped, placed on auction, exchanged with NPCs, or sold to the Trade Terminal. To protect an item, toggle “Protect Item” icon in the Item Info panel. Items that are protected will show a “P” on the item icon status bar.

There is hope after all !!

Close thread!!!!

Back