Windows 10 Issues

Upgraded W7 to W10 and this works even better than I thought. Before I could only use low/safe settings and now I can run "high" and without any lag.

Upgraded W7 to W10 and this works even better than I thought. Before I could only use low/safe settings and now I can run "high" and without any lag.

I have not read so much about W10, but I think it would be possible to run it so it look more like the old classic style if you want that, is that the case? I never switch from W7, because I think W7 was very good and did not like the style of W8.

Microsoft's Windows 10 Torrent-U-Like updates GULP DOWN your precious bandwidth

Learning this today which I guess MS didn't really want us to know about?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/0...ds=10204521405419799&fb_action_types=og.likes

Microsoft’s new desktop operating system has employed a torrent-style approach to sharing updates with your fellow Windows 10 users.

One way MS can save a bit of money here.

Nerd Quiz anyone know what BT stands for?

Yes look what I'm currently sharing with the world:

C:\$Windows.~BT
1377 File(s) 7,348,927,434 bytes

Last edited:
Learning this today which I guess MS didn't really want us to know about?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/0...ds=10204521405419799&fb_action_types=og.likes

One way MS can save a bit of money here.

Nerd Quiz anyone know what BT stands for?

Yes look what I'm currently sharing with the world:

C:\$Windows.~BT
1377 File(s) 7,348,927,434 bytes

It's turned off by one click, not really a big deal. And you get information about this during the installation and can choose to turn it off. Not really a secret.

It's turned off by one click, not really a big deal. And you get information about this during the installation and can choose to turn it off. Not really a secret.

Yes some may want to look into that. For the last two days that I have had Win10 the System usage of the internet has been 76GB alone not counting the other apps. Over all data usage is at 110GB. Do the damn math here. lol

BTW this system is my idle system

upped from win 8.1 to 10 and PE was installed at 8.1 runs good at win10

Upgraded from 8.1 pro to 10, I got no problems with any software

Windows 10 issue

Ever since Windows 10 update EU won't run because of MSVCR110.dll I have reinstalled microsoft visual and all the other possible ones directly off their website as well as updated all my drivers and graphics cards. Only happens when I run EU and doesn't happen with any other game. I have also re-installed EU's launcher and done a sfc scan.. ever how unlikely can anyone help?

I also have checked and I do have MSVCR.110 and the error continues to occur. I can't reinstall EU because well the error prevents the client from launching

Last edited:
Windows 7 users who may not have wanted to install Windows 10 now have Windows 10 on their systems waiting to be installed.

(fast check to see if you have it can check C:\$windows.~BT) Yes BT as in BitTorrent

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/08/07/windows_10_auto_injects_itself_into_windows_7/

Thanks for the warning, I have changed my settings to:

"Check for updates but let me choose whether to download or install them"

on Windows 7 & I have decided to stay Windows 7. "If it's not broken, dont fix it".

If Windows 10 was any good, they wouldn't be giving it away. Plastic carrier bags are 5p at a lot of places now! ;)

I wouldn't get windows 10 even if they paid me to. It's free because the OS is no longer the product, YOU are the product, they just want to collect all your private data and sell it to... who knows.

Read about win10 privacy issues and judge for yourself.

Plus, no real improvement was made to the OS itself. It's the same old core os with a new and shiny wrapping.

Installed Win10 on release date, no problems so far with anything and EU runs perfectly fine.

As for privacy thing people are concerned, most of you have drivers and/or use facebook anyway which gather all your info, so for those people privacy is not viable reason to not install it.

Installed Win10 on release date, no problems so far with anything and EU runs perfectly fine.

As for privacy thing people are concerned, most of you have drivers and/or use facebook anyway which gather all your info, so for those people privacy is not viable reason to not install it.

Well, it depends.

I know Facebook tracks whatever I do there. I know Google track everything I do in Chrome. But at least no one is spying on me when I draw genitals in Paint, up until Windows 10.

I wouldn't get windows 10 even if they paid me to. It's free because the OS is no longer the product, YOU are the product, they just want to collect all your private data and sell it to... who knows.

Plus, no real improvement was made to the OS itself. It's the same old core os with a new and shiny wrapping.

1. I got no sensible data on my computer that the evil masterminds behind Windows 10 can use to life a misery, although there are some buttons to turn them off (which I did from the install).
2. Yes, I see no real improvements compared to Windows 8.1 (!) - which loads extremely fast, much faster than Windows 7, only a new shiny wrapping - which people wanted on Windows 8.1. However there are some new and interesting features on Windows 10.

To conclude, I would recommend Windows 10 for anyone, and, this is gonna be a bit harder to say but, Microsoft Edge is pretty nice (haven't even removed it yet from the taskbar).

Well, it depends.

I know Facebook tracks whatever I do there. I know Google track everything I do in Chrome. But at least no one is spying on me when I draw genitals in Paint, up until Windows 10.

Well, google knows when you go look for the genitals on the interwebs :D

back to the win update, i upgraded from win8.1.
also asked EU support, we are not getting DX12 support for EU it seems, this prolly one big question some had, since thats one of the most important thing about the win upgrade for gamers.

You're not really down to earth on this statement. There's no unwanted data sent to anyone. There's options to turn on and off whatever you like. I monitor my incoming and outgoing data very thoroughly with an external IDS system, so I know this for a fact. Further more, there's extensive work done to the functionality and the kernel of Windows 10. It's not even close to the same OS. Please don't spread rumors taken from the air unless you have any proof to back it up.

You're not really down to earth on this statement. There's no unwanted data sent to anyone. There's options to turn on and off whatever you like. I monitor my incoming and outgoing data very thoroughly with an external IDS system, so I know this for a fact. Further more, there's extensive work done to the functionality and the kernel of Windows 10. It's not even close to the same OS. Please don't spread rumors taken from the air unless you have any proof to back it up.

Don't take my word for it, read the terms of service by yourself. Yes, that 40 pages long contract that nobody reads because it's designed to discourage people from reading it.

One of the many quotations I could extract, and not even the most worrying:
We will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to.

You can disable most of those, of course you can. They are forced to give you that option by law. Now, what about the millions of people who don't know how, or can't, or dont read tech news? Oh...how convenient that all those come enabled by default... damn...

Just like you can share your opinion I can share mine. And I'm still not touching winten with a 10 foot pole. And don't tell me I "spread rumors" when their own ToS tells you the same thing I wrote.

You happy with it? Cool :thumbup:

I have tested win 10 a couple of days now. All i have to say is that entropia runs better than ever. I uppgraded from win 7.

I have upgraded to 10 from windows 7, and I want to re-install Entropia. Sadly, I cannot start the updater, I get the error "Could not start the updater application" and that's it. I have run clientloader.exe as admin, made sure all the permissions were there, tried different installation folders.. nothing worked so far

Anyone can hellp with valuable info?

I have upgraded to 10 from windows 7, and I want to re-install Entropia. Sadly, I cannot start the updater, I get the error "Could not start the updater application" and that's it. I have run clientloader.exe as admin, made sure all the permissions were there, tried different installation folders.. nothing worked so far

Have you tried installing the Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable packages first?

This one I think? https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=30679

could it be your firewall? i use AVG and had a few little issues where the FW blocks and doesn't ask for permissions, try turning it off and then running clientloader (just remember to turn it back on)

Thanks for the suggestions

1. I have Visual C++ redistributable 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012 and 2015, in both x62 and x86 flavors

2 I have turned the windows firewall off, no result

3. I have tried running the clientloader in win 7 compatibility mode, no result

Forgot to mention I have Windows 10 x64. All drivers seem up-to-date, just that the clientloader cannot start downloading

Is there any other way I could get the files for the game and planet calypso? Maybe someone could send them to me ?

Thanks alot,

Don't take my word for it, read the terms of service by yourself. Yes, that 40 pages long contract that nobody reads because it's designed to discourage people from reading it.

One of the many quotations I could extract, and not even the most worrying:

You can disable most of those, of course you can. They are forced to give you that option by law. Now, what about the millions of people who don't know how, or can't, or dont read tech news? Oh...how convenient that all those come enabled by default... damn...

Just like you can share your opinion I can share mine. And I'm still not touching winten with a 10 foot pole. And don't tell me I "spread rumors" when their own ToS tells you the same thing I wrote.

You happy with it? Cool :thumbup:

No, I am not taking your word for it, because you're wrong. But I am not gonna argue it with you since I can see that you have already dreamed up your own little story there.

Thanks for the suggestions

1. I have Visual C++ redistributable 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012 and 2015, in both x62 and x86 flavors

2 I have turned the windows firewall off, no result

3. I have tried running the clientloader in win 7 compatibility mode, no result

Forgot to mention I have Windows 10 x64. All drivers seem up-to-date, just that the clientloader cannot start downloading

Is there any other way I could get the files for the game and planet calypso? Maybe someone could send them to me ?

Thanks alot,

You could try the things explained here.

Or, since it was an upgrade you could try wiping all the data related to EU and trying a fresh installation.

You could try the things explained here.

Or, since it was an upgrade you could try wiping all the data related to EU and trying a fresh installation.

Again, thanks Angel for a quick reply

I have tried all those fixes, nothing worked. And what I do want to do is a fresh install, but cannot get it done :(

I have filed a support case, but will have to wait till monday at least to get some answers.

I think the only viable option remains to copy all gamed files from someone running windows 10 x64 or windows 7 x64, and see if it works after that.

have you tried to refresh the install, its not a clean install as such, but can remove some bugs.

press the start menu and type "reset this PC" then click "get started" it will re-install windows to default

Again, thanks Angel for a quick reply

I have tried all those fixes, nothing worked. And what I do want to do is a fresh install, but cannot get it done :(

I have filed a support case, but will have to wait till monday at least to get some answers.

I think the only viable option remains to copy all gamed files from someone running windows 10 x64 or windows 7 x64, and see if it works after that.

Hmmm let's see, I'm out of ideas tbh filling a support case can't do any wrong.

----
EDIT: Nvm you already tried that.

Does the launcher give you any more information about the error?

Back