Elite
Smoerble
Hi all,
I need to choose a mission reward:
2.94 PED rifle skill - MU 1300%
2.94 Dexterity skill - MU 1400%

Question:
I have Rifle skills: 4886, Dex: 3578

If I want to get the most value (in PEDs) out of it, should I go for Rifle? My understanding was, that it would give more skill points per TT, when the skill points are higher. Is this correct?

Last time I was thinking about skills was in 2012 :).
Hope anyone can help, thanks.

no, higher skills means more TT per skillpoint.. so when you get a reward in TT skills, your highest skill would go up less in points..
Anyway, it doesn't matter you get 2.94X TT skills so when you sell them you get 10% less so you chip out roughly 2.6X ped of skill.
This means only the selling price of the skill matters.. whatever you get the best % for when selling is what you should pick if that's your goal

With current markups, the difference is negligible

Edit:

More accurate numbers:

To chip out 2.94 ped of skill, you'll need to use up 2.94 ped tt of an esi. At 1000% markup that means the cost of the esi needed is 29.4 ped. In return you get a skillchip worth 90% of the esi, so about 2.65 ped.

The rifle one can be sold at 1300% for 34.45 netting you 5,05 ped. The dexterity one can be sold at 1400% netting you 7.70 ped. Difference of 2.65 ped.

Last edited:
If you are aiming for Combat Sense / Commando, I'd take the rifle, if Evade is more important to you, I'd take the Dexterity.

If you are aiming for Combat Sense / Commando, I'd take the rifle, if Evade is more important to you, I'd take the Dexterity.

Thanks, good advice.

My rules for skillrewards are:
1. Wich gives (most) HP? Rifle = 1HP/1600lvl; Dexterity = 1HP/800lvl.
2. Wich contributes (most) to Evader/ Dodger? Rifle = zero; Dexterity = nada.
3. Wich contributes (most) to Paramedic? Rifle = none; Dexterity = 3%.
4. Wich contributes (best) for a profession you use, yet is kinda low? Dunno, you'd know that best, yet Rifle is good for 4 professions at 39% each; Dexterity is good for 30+ professions at 1-3% for most.

Rule #1 and #2 might swap position, generally speaking I value HP more then Evader/ Dodge. :launcher:

In that case, if HP is more important to you, take Dexterity. ;)

No question - dexterity!

Back