Help! Which skill rewardl do I choose?

voom

Prowler
Society
KKoE
Vavva Voom Straaf
Hi there. I hope you guys can give me some advice on this matter. I am close-ish to completing my 30K Longtooth iron mission and the rewards I can choose once completed are:

65 ped Heavy Melee weaponry

42.71 ped Plasma weaponry technology

21.35 ped Concentration

I mainly shoot laser and blp, have lvl 60 and 59 hit respectively in these. I sometimes use plasma pistol, mainly ones I loot from mobs on Cyrene and have Plasma sniper and pistol hit at 54 and 51 respectively.

I own an archon sword, but thinking of trading this in for something else I can put an amp on and have swordsman dmg at 37.

I have electro and pyro kinetic at dmg 30 and 28 respectively and would like to maybe use bigger pyro chips.

So people, what would you advise my best option is here? Thanks for any ideas/suggestions

Voom

it depends on what you want, we do not make that decision for you.

got for value, hp, evade, or chose at random

I dont rate options 1 or 2 particularly. If you own a Marber Bravo, option 2 could help (a bit)

If you would like to get the Mind Force Harmony unlock, option 3 would certainly help with that.

This is all without doing calculations on skill value x skill size value, which would be well worth doing.

I never used heavy melee but thats what I chose, and would choose again if I could.
Its just alot of TT of skill, and I couldn't say no.

As apparently you have use for all three, maybe it makes sense to get the biggest.

Personally I have use for neither (don't use MF/plasma, and use knives not swords) so I also just went for the biggest :D

As I said in Smoerble's similar thread, I go by these 'rules':

1. Wich gives (most) HP? HMW = never; PWT= never; Concentration = never.
2. Wich contributes (most) to Evader/ Dodger? HMW = nope; PWT = nada; Concentration = zip.
3. Wich contributes (most) to Paramedic? HMW = none; PWT = none; Concentration = none, but it does give 10% at Biotropic (Mindforce Healing).
4. Wich contributes (best) for a profession you use, yet is kinda low? You've said so already that all 3 are good for you. Heavy Melee Weapons is good for Swordsman (Hit) and Two Handed Clubber (Hit) professions only at 7% each; Plasma Weaponry is good for Plasma Pistoleer & Sniper (Hits) at 14% each, Ranged Plasma (Dmg) at 25% and Plasma Weaponry Engineer at a little 4%; Concentration is good for 3 Hit professions namely Cryogenic, Electro Kinetic and Pyro Kinetic at 10% each, other Mindforce skills as well like Jammer, Sweat Gatherer, Telepath and Translocator at 14%, 10%, 20% and 15% respectively.

It's not an easy solution for you I'd say. Maybe a good thing is to look at jdedge's chip-optimizer and see what these chips these different size really mean for you.
Succes with the Longtooths! :cool:

Plasma!

Howler S4 is a nice and cheap plasma tagger. I think it is maxed at 55, so increasing your plasma skills might be a good idea.

I dont rate options 1 or 2 particularly. If you own a Marber Bravo, option 2 could help (a bit)

If you would like to get the Mind Force Harmony unlock, option 3 would certainly help with that.

This is all without doing calculations on skill value x skill size value, which would be well worth doing.

Thank you Mega, I have had a look at the MU on these and they are currently all around the same at about 1800% to 2000% making the pure tt value of HMW look very appealing.

Plasma!

Howler S4 is a nice and cheap plasma tagger. I think it is maxed at 55, so increasing your plasma skills might be a good idea.

Thanks Whining, I shall have a look at the Howler (does it have SIB?), I use old school plasma tagger at the moment and would prefer something I could max sooner than lvl 100.

Last edited:
In the shorter run and if you're in it for fun, Another way to Think is what gives you most skill Points. Practically, This often means which skill you have less skills in.

To take two extremes; let's say (for me) 60 ped rifle or 10 ped sweat gathering skill. For me, 10 ped sweat gathering skill would increase skill gathering skill more than 60 ped rifle skill would increase rifle skill.

As I said in Smoerble's similar thread, I go by these 'rules':

1. Wich gives (most) HP? HMW = never; PWT= never; Concentration = never.
2. Wich contributes (most) to Evader/ Dodger? HMW = nope; PWT = nada; Concentration = zip.
3. Wich contributes (most) to Paramedic? HMW = none; PWT = none; Concentration = none, but it does give 10% at Biotropic (Mindforce Healing).
4. Wich contributes (best) for a profession you use, yet is kinda low? You've said so already that all 3 are good for you. Heavy Melee Weapons is good for Swordsman (Hit) and Two Handed Clubber (Hit) professions only at 7% each; Plasma Weaponry is good for Plasma Pistoleer & Sniper (Hits) at 14% each, Ranged Plasma (Dmg) at 25% and Plasma Weaponry Engineer at a little 4%; Concentration is good for 3 Hit professions namely Cryogenic, Electro Kinetic and Pyro Kinetic at 10% each, other Mindforce skills as well like Jammer, Sweat Gatherer, Telepath and Translocator at 14%, 10%, 20% and 15% respectively.

It's not an easy solution for you I'd say. Maybe a good thing is to look at jdedge's chip-optimizer and see what these chips these different size really mean for you.
Succes with the Longtooths! :cool:

Thanks for the detailed response Ardorj, it's very helpful. And with what Aia says it makes me think I might go for the Concentration but it's a tricky one with Concentration being worth about 427 ped with MU and HMW around 1170. That is quite a lot of difference.

With all skill rewards the most logical is to choose the skill which has the lowest average contribution %.

The contribution % to professions directly shows the speed you will gain that skill using that profession, i.e. with HMW only contributing 7% you gain just 7% of the total TT gain when using heavy melee weapons.

So I'd go for that (as its the hardest to skill up).

The flip argument is that you go for the one with the highest % contribution if you're aiming for purely gaining levels in a profession.

With all skill rewards the most logical is to choose the skill which has the lowest average contribution %.

The contribution % to professions directly shows the speed you will gain that skill using that profession, i.e. with HMW only contributing 7% you gain just 7% of the total TT gain when using heavy melee weapons.

So I'd go for that (as its the hardest to skill up).

The flip argument is that you go for the one with the highest % contribution if you're aiming for purely gaining levels in a profession.

Thanks Aio, yes this makes sense :) and so HMW is looking more and more attractive to me.

Back