Help: Require help before I continue

Have you been doing missions? They have rewards.

Have you been selling things for their actual value, or just tt'ing everything?

Expect to pay 10 to 20 pedis per hour to play the game, maybe less in the beginning.

At level 10, you should be getting your first skill unlock. After that, things get a little easier.

Skills are something you get as you play the game. The higher you get, the more expensive the equipment gets.

I call bullshit on getting 6k evade solely on puny....600 I can believe but not 6k!

Expect to pay 10 to 20 pedis per hour to play the game, maybe less in the beginning.

Maybe I should try another acitivty then? Long term skill gaining and having fun are my main goals in EU, I assumed hunting would be something I could cycle money into and skill up over the long term, but 2 dollars an hour to play is not really logical for me(I have 8+ hours a day to spend in game usually)

Are there any activities I can put ped into and get close to 90% return? Again I do not want to make money I just want to gain skills and have fun. I am willing to spend 100$ a month, but at 2 dollar an hour for hunting it would cost me like 400$ a month LOL wut
I call bullshit on getting 6k evade solely on puny....600 I can believe but not 6k!

I agree.

Not trying to question your intelligence or anything, but are you sure those numbers are correct? You said $50 ammo spent, was this the amount of ammo you began with, not including ammo looted? It may not matter, but was this one run (not visiting tt until you were done)? Are you using the amp from the starter pack on the hk110? 30% return seems very unlikely with that amount of mobs. Keep hunting, it will get better.

Not trying to question your intelligence or anything, but are you sure those numbers are correct? You said $50 ammo spent, was this the amount of ammo you began with, not including ammo looted? It may not matter, but was this one run (not visiting tt until you were done)? Are you using the amp from the starter pack on the hk110? 30% return seems very unlikely with that amount of mobs. Keep hunting, it will get better.

I purchased 100$ ammo pack which gave me 10m uni ammo, I have used half of that ammo shooting mobs. I did try using the amp but only for 30 min and repair was 5 ped for it so I never used it again(Save it for bigger mob)

All shrapnel I looted I turned into more ammo for more shooting which I did not keep track of the returns, so maybe thats the issue with my numbers?

I have around 298 points in evade currently.

He said he had 298 points btw.

As one of those who has done the full 16,600 puny, your eyes might bleed doing the full Puny challenge but it is a good exercise in hunting and patience, and you wont lose much, if anything by doing so. Move on only when your budget, equipment and Ped balance are ready to do so.

EDIT: I also want to add that my mentor's advice to these questions was to "Stay in puny spawn until eyes bleed, I did puny until I had 6k points in evade"

i call bullshit...

ive stayed level 50 for 5 years and now im nearly level 70 this year and spent more then 6 months on CP and i only have 5.6k evade.

get a new mentor because your mentor is either a lier/idiot and/or he stayed skilling on punys for 20 years. (they have only existed for a few years.)

as for weather or not to buy skills to get a head start i say hell yea it is WAY faster then natural and alot cheaper than hunting shit for several months/years. others will tell you its easy to skill from 0-50 so why bother buying the skills? they say that becasue they never picked up a gun dropped by puny mobs and used it. skilling is horrendously slow to start unless you buy ur way to lvl 30 or grab a sick ass UL non sib of your choise and kill some real mobs that wont loot you.

He said he had 298 points btw.

As one of those who has done the full 16,600 puny, your eyes might bleed doing the full Puny challenge but it is a good exercise in hunting and patience, and you wont lose much, if anything by doing so. Move on only when your budget, equipment and Ped balance are ready to do so.

It was my mentor who claimed he had gone that high on punys :)

All shrapnel I looted I turned into more ammo for more shooting which I did not keep track of the returns, so maybe thats the issue with my numbers?

there's your accounting error right there. :)

as for weather or not to buy skills to get a head start i say hell yea it is WAY faster then natural and alot cheaper than hunting shit for several months/years. others will tell you its easy to skill from 0-50 so why bother buying the skills? they say that becasue they never picked up a gun dropped by puny mobs and used it. skilling is horrendously slow to start unless you buy ur way to lvl 30 or grab a sick ass UL non sib of your choise and kill some real mobs that wont loot you.
WRONG 100% !!!
I finished the puny iron and burned tons of Rubio ( I loved that rifle) And I am almost 50 hit in 6 months of grinding (well not every day, if I had 8h per day each day like OP said I were past 50 since month 4 or 5) . The secret is PILLS with BONUS and GRIND GRIND GRIND *NO BREAKE* !
SO if OP want build up char he can grind as nuts for up to 6 months , but 100$ / month well no way :p not even per week :)
Instead, with 200-300 $ I think he can buy that level ...So is only op to OP !
Skills cost less BUT when u hunt medium (LT for example) BE READY TO LOOSE 100$ PER DAY ! FOR MORE DAYS!
Skilling cost MORE BUT on long term and grinding make you learn some about the game (loot, spots etc) and cost less on PLAYING !

PS OP: Ubers hunt with 1000$ ammo per run :):):) (so if u say 100$/month is MUCH well... start skilling, use the weapon/amp armour/fap from the pack and do as many irons you can.... start with them based on mob hp and take em 1 by 1 -> entropiawiki.com all you need )

PS 2: And yes is normal to loose and get even a 30% return on punyes if u use wrong gear (puny require Rubio or the HG they drop with bl0101 as amp) so anything else will be a ped waste.
If I remember right I spent like 300-400 ped to finish the iron but not sure... the MU on those is quite nice and if u grind good u can loot some and sell and improve the return...

PS 3: expect a 50-70 return as NOOB on daily runs and on long term around 80%

SKILL SKILL SKILL : Fun ! ! !
Good luck

Thanks everyone for the great info, I am going to use the rest of my ammo on puny and I will make sure to save my shrapnel for my return percents, I will post my findings when I am done.

I will grind my skills like Maiden says, it might cost alot but it will be over a long period of time which is a great point VS buying skills now.

EDIT: I am also going to be more eco by not healing

Last edited:
WRONG 100% !!!
blabla blabla spending is fun blabla

How to discourage new players in three simply steps? :hammer: It's not really good advice for a new player who says:
I do not mind losing ped while skilling my char, but if I am going to lose close to a dollar every vendor/repair run, I need to choose another activity.
to give him the prospect of
SO if OP want build up char he can grind as nuts for up to 6 months , but 100$ / month well no way :p not even per week
Instead, with 200-300 $ I think he can buy that level ...So is only op to OP !
You're level 50 now in 6 months? Good for you, I'm level 40 in 10 years. Guess I must be doing something wrong, because I don't want my wallet to burn.

As to Nameloc: spend what you are comfortable with in the time you enjoy. There is no sprint to the finish in this game. It doesn't end at level 100. Learn how to keep good tracks of your returns (not turning Scrapnel into ammo in the middle of the hunt comes to mind). Try other mobs, see Entropedia for what you might shot down with relative ease. Learn how to play eco (there's an discussion here on forum that Punies just can't be hunted eco).
And ditch that mentor, puny-hunting till your eyes bleed and you have 6000 Evade is the same kind of advice like maiden here with " SKILL SKILL SKILL : Fun ! ! !"

PS 3: expect a 50-70 return as NOOB on daily runs and on long term around 80%
I'm seeing a 94+% return on the mob I track most, Hadraada (Arkadia). I am sure that I can increase that. Nameloc, you can see an overall return like that as well. Try different setups and log it all. Find out what is best.
Good luck. Remember, it's a game and you'll log in for entertainment. Spend what you want to spend for entertainment and you'll be fine.
Ardorj :)

I'm seeing a 94+% return on the mob I track most, Hadraada (Arkadia). I am sure that I can increase that. Nameloc, you can see an overall return like that as well. Try different setups and log it all. Find out what is best.
Good luck. Remember, it's a game and you'll log in for entertainment. Spend what you want to spend for entertainment and you'll be fine.
Ardorj :)

percent wise im well above 80% too, 90% is my aim and altho i'm clearly down i'm satisfied. i started a excel sheet to track my percents and which mobs were worth hunting.
0q5MRnP.png

regarding the OP, i would grind the punies, then move onto fouls at the TI. There is a Tax but the loot is generally ok, and the foul buttons have decent MU

ADDED: right click and view image to see the picture bigger

Last edited:
For the fouls should I still use my HK110? Also should I get some armor?

I think the HK110 would be ok (although Opalo would be better) & Pixie armor would be sufficient for a 100% Impact mob like Foul.

I think the HK110 would be ok (although Opalo would be better) & Pixie armor would be sufficient for a 100% Impact mob like Foul.

I would rather reco him the gun from starter pack "Z12 Barbarella" + "ZX sinkadus (2dmg) amp" 'cuz opalo is kinda shite now :( (and more dps and eco with starter pack weapon).

I would rather reco him the gun from starter pack "Z12 Barbarella" + "ZX sinkadus (2dmg) amp" 'cuz opalo is kinda shite now :( (and more dps and eco with starter pack weapon).

By all means, I'm old school, and dont even know the names of the weapons you listed. If I remember right, I think I used Opalo and maybe something a little stronger (Obsolete gun like Riker UL1 most likely) when I did Foul some years ago.

I just wanted to say thanks to The Jetman for the suggestion on the Fouls, they turned out to be profitable on a few hunts and were very rewarding.

Edit: ALso I have graduated my descipleship and decided to go with the Musca Adj Armor you get from Arkadia.

Last edited:
Crone would like to suggest kerberos as well. Crone doesn't really know about small guns and how eco they are. But without further obligations on either side Crone is willing to help you out on some things.

What you could be doing:
* swunt
* hunt small mobs with a mission
* be a s1 healer
* trade
* be very lucky

Crone is sure there are better hunters than him in game. It would be nice to hear from them. Crone knows for sure some are profitable hunters. Either they are lucky always, or they just understand what to hunt and how to hunt that. Thing is, if everyone does that, none will be profitable. Either way, find those special people and talk to them. Still you are free to contact Crone for a chat.

Back