System:Failed

ZPF

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Zelos 'Playboy' Fargen
Are a lot of people getting this error?

Shooting my gun and then everything just locks up and I get multiple "System: Failed" messages.

It's happening ridiculously often. I have perfect internet and PC specs so... yeah.

Can someone please confirm this isn't just me? :mad:

I've been getting that a lot lately. It's not just you.

Reactions: ZPF
My latest girlfriend said the same thing...

It's especially notable when you use a gun/tool with a fast reload. Really, really annoying.

Hope they fix it soon...

I was thinking about an RTT issue on the network server side.

Like the client gets no respond in the awaited time circle and thinks that server wont answer anymore leading to an abort of command which is displayed as "system failed" to the player. Like shooting a gun and the client doesnt know if the shot hit a target so abort is done, no ammo used etc.

Such things happen in IT systems often when the client e.g. commands too fast for its time configuration.

If its of interest Google for "Round Trip Time". Its a matter usually solved by network configuration or client software update which adjusts config. Updates done by the operator. I doubt we as players can do something here.

Sounds plausible. Though somewhat ridiculous that this sort of shit is going on when this game has been around for over a decade.

MA hasn't even acknowledged this bug formally as far as I know. Very disappointing.

Back