PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Avalon Butterfly Erupter
    Society
    Guess Who
    Blog Entries

Bitcoin: Led By Example

I hear a lot of skepticism and little chickens crying in fear of the adoption of Bitcoin; well here's a case of where it's already been adopted. Pay attention to the change in customer-base and transaction sizes in particular with this case:

Quote Originally Posted by JOSEPH YOUNG on AUGUST 7, 2015
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    18 Months after Adopting Bitcoin, TigerDirect Reports Fantastic Experience and Continued Growth
    TigerDirect, an online retailer of computers and consumer electronics has been accepting bitcoin for 18 months through BitPay, beginning in January of 2014.

Bitcoin Magazine sat down with Steven Leeds, head of marketing at TigerDirect to learn more about the company’s experience as one of the earliest major merchants to embrace Bitcoin. While recent reports from Expedia suggest that it has seen a decrease in bitcoin payments, TigerDirect shared a different story.

According to Leeds, TigerDirect has been thrilled with its decision to accept bitcoin. Leeds noted that Bitcoin has drawn new users to TigerDirect, with 46 percent of customers purchasing with bitcoin being new users. The company also told Bitcoin Magazine that the average order placed with bitcoin is 30 percent larger than the average order.

Leeds explained that TigerDirect sees the highest volume of bitcoin orders during periods of volatility for bitcoin price. These purchases are typically luxury items such as high-definition TVs, gaming consoles and computer monitors.

“On days when the price is rising, we see users eager to spend some of their newfound wealth. And when the price begins falling, we see others who want to avoid the volatility by spending it on consumer electronics,” said Leeds.

Despite the fall of the bitcoin price into the $200s, TigerDirect has still seen consistent bitcoin transaction volume.

Advantages for Bitcoin Companies

In addition to it’s consumer electronics business, TigerDirect also supplies hardware to many businesses, including a significant number of Bitcoin companies. Some of these companies include miners who use TigerDirect to buy power supplies, cooling systems and other hardware. These miners do not have to convert their bitcoin to cash, as they can pay directly with the bitcoin that they have mined.

TigerDirect was originally introduced to Bitcoin by some of it’s employees who were early adopters and miners of the currency.

“We’d recommend Bitcoin to any company considering it,” Leeds said. “We’ve had a fantastic experience accepting it, and BitPay allows us to integrate the payments into our existing checkout flow easily.”
    See orignal article here

If TigerDirect can do it, surely Entropia can follow suit.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images
    not sure how accurate comments on articles can be, but this one is interesting... and a bit relevant:
    https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bank...bank-accounts/
    Show me the law that says I can pay my taxes in Bitcoin then. Please. What you have done is given over 2 million dollars to a payment processor and they have paid your bill on your behalf. So you didn't buy anything with bitcoin - you used an agent to do the buying FOR you and the agent paid Tiger direct on your behalf. Tiget Direct DOES NOT TAKE Bitcoin. That is what is happening on the Tiger Direct purchases, Amazon, Overstock etc. Don't disagree that this is a way to get people used to transacting in bitcoin, but the taxes are paid on FED NOTES, not the bitcoin equivalent. I'll even stretch a bit and say that the Money Exchanger's license (required to "trade with the enemy") contract states that in order to hold that license then taxes must be paid on the
    FRN equivalent of any and all "non FED" currencies they deal with.

I'm sure there will be several intermediaries that will accept bitcoin in payment of your taxes, but they will be just another clearing house like Bitpay or Script and the others. They accept bitcoin and pay your tax bill and retail bill with FED notes. I can pay my VISA Bill with bitcoin as well - Oh wait a minute - No I cannot - I can pay an intermediary Bitcoin and they will pay my VISA bill with Central Banking Notes on my behalf. They have to pay the taxes on it (my money exchanger license statement) so they would of course include the expense in the price of the service.
    Other interesting reading on this topic:
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/bitcoin/h...p#bitcoin_TsCs
    Tigerdirect.com is committed to accepting Bitcoin and making shopping and payment at Tigerdirect.com as convenient, fun and rewarding for our shoppers as possible. However, our acceptance of Bitcoin as a form of payment, and these terms and conditions, may change at any time, for a variety of reasons, at our complete discretion and without any advance notice whatsoever.
    Last edited by mastermesh; 08-09-2015 at 11:18.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Bill Airboy Ivanhoe
    Images
    Well, it says nothing about how many the Bitcoin payments are or how big share of the total payments is done in Bitcoin. Is it 0.1% or 0.01%?
    Enhancers, Cloth, Furniture
    The Kallin Shop on Arkadia , Celeste North 4, Celeste North Harbour

Elite
    This member has helped support PlanetCalypsoForum in the past via donations.
    Smoerble
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by billairboy View Post
    Well, it says nothing about how many the Bitcoin payments are or how big share of the total payments is done in Bitcoin. Is it 0.1% or 0.01%?
    Good point .

I am a lover of Bitcoins, as it bypüasses rediculous high bank fees and is as fast as Paypal (nearly). But the system itself is only for tech fanatics like me, I know only very few people who are interested to learn how to use it.

So my bet is the next generation of cryptocoins, I doubt (even though I was hoping for), that Bitcoins will replace Paypal.

Wangxiang WangXiang Tuxing
    Society
    Knights of Entropia
    Images
    There are even games that begin to fully integrate bitcoin and blockchain technology in their game economy, with items being tradable on the blockchain outside of the game.
    Taming and pets in Entropia Universe - Information about stables on Monria and Toulan - www.entropiapets.com

Elite
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Ben Rumsponge Rumson
    Images
    So, accepting Bitcoin will drive a whole new crop of players to EU? I thought they already accept Bitcoin through Netteller. What happened to that?
    Disgusted since 2006.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Whining Skeptic Aboard
    Society
    Apocalyptic
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumsponge View Post
    So, accepting Bitcoin will drive a whole new crop of players to EU? I thought they already accept Bitcoin through Netteller. What happened to that?
    Seems like they still do:

http://www.neteller.com/pp/bitcoin/

Alpha
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Images
    people will only spend there money were they want the only thing bitcoin if they increase the players here is that bitcoin is more easy to pay other wise your not going to get alot more new players

can i buy bitcoin at the local store or bank if you have to use your bank acount or credit card to buy the first bit coin why not do it here also

Elite
    This member has helped support PlanetCalypsoForum in the past via donations.
    Smoerble
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JD RACING View Post
    people will only spend there money were they want the only thing bitcoin if they increase the players here is that bitcoin is more easy to pay other wise your not going to get alot more new players

can i buy bitcoin at the local store or bank if you have to use your bank acount or credit card to buy the first bit coin why not do it here also
    Hehe, I go to a restaurant regulary that accepts BTC in Munich/Germany

Alpha
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Images
    so you only go to that restaurant because they accept bitcoin so now they have a long line up of bitcoin customer

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast