Globals and # Mobs

maxwellhawk

Prowler
Society
Damage Inc.
max hawk phoenix
I was wondering if anyone has done a study of the correlation of the number of a specific type of mob killed to the amount of globals received from that mob or if a correlation could even be made? Essentially what I'm asking, has anyone studied, does say killing 100 (the number and mob are arbitrary the type is not) armax get you a global? For the number I don't know if maturity has to do with the amount of globals or not (would it take say 50 prowlers or 200 young's which would make more sense then just a flat 100) .
So does x number of kills of a specific mob type generate a global? Or do they randomly come up according to how much ped has been cycled? Not so sure about that either - would I lose out on a good global because I killed some little mob that got in the way while I was killing bigger mobs and I globaled on it?

It's not about qty of kills, it's about MA's formula of "optimal" cost per kill, that they use to determine their rake (decay not compensated by loot), vs amount of compensation. The amount is obviously bigger with mobs that have more health. Regen speed may have effect too. If a mob take 50 ped to kill, and it only loots 3 ped, you can be sure that 47(minus rake) will appear eventually, just maybe not to you.

Look at event mobs. Can you imagine if it took killing 100 Oratan Lancer Elites, or 100 Zombiekongs, or even 100 Eomon Stalkers to have to generate each global? Most of those have to global almost every time just to pretend to cover total kill cost.

And even those 3 examples are a huge health spread.

Globals aren't a "bonus", they're a rebate, based on the expected rake of an area/spawn/avatar/whatever vs the actual rake so far using their random loot generator.

Then again, I could be completely off. :silly2: :laugh:

I was wondering if anyone has done a study of the correlation of the number of a specific type of mob killed to the amount of globals received from that mob or if a correlation could even be made? Essentially what I'm asking, has anyone studied, does say killing 100 (the number and mob are arbitrary the type is not) armax get you a global? For the number I don't know if maturity has to do with the amount of globals or not (would it take say 50 prowlers or 200 young's which would make more sense then just a flat 100) .
So does x number of kills of a specific mob type generate a global? Or do they randomly come up according to how much ped has been cycled? Not so sure about that either - would I lose out on a good global because I killed some little mob that got in the way while I was killing bigger mobs and I globaled on it?

Good luck to anyone studying this. I have always come under the impression globals are generated after certain amount of ped has been cycled and your competing with other avatars for these multipliers.

Trying to find a correlation on globals will be hard because its like predicting a moving hand on a clock which other people are turning and each have their own loot swings. some avatars might produce a global straight away others might not get 1 at all after hundreds of mobs. You could try competing against the house to find a correlation but i doubt theirs a patten to it as ma will change this all the time and your lose alot of ped if you stick to 1 mob what no one esle is hunting short term.

But generally your competing against other avatars for these.

Last edited:

I did see a rough correlation back when globals were 50 and above, but as you can get a global for as low as 7 Ped on some mobs, it depends if you are talking 50 and above style globals or how they are now.

You can also do better on some runs with no globals but obtaining several 'mini's' and lose heavily even though you've collected a few swirls.

We could probably work out a ratio actually with a big enough sample of mobs killed....

but it would take a huge amount of people to collect enough data which has always been one of the greatest problems. the cycles in this game can be super long before showing a real or meaningful average

Some mobs always global due to their HP beeing so vast.

So its more related to the HP of mob.

Over the years I have seen a few people that have tried to keep track of the ratio but not really sure if it even means anything because of the randomness of loot. I have went out on a 50 ped run on small mobs and got 6 or 7 globals (small one ofc) and then on larger mobs and 200 ped runs and got nothing two or three runs. I don't see how logging would help at all.

I see you all have the same questions I have concerning the issue:)

I always wondered why people care about globals at all? Apart from eye candy, getting a global doesnt tell you anything.

50 ped cut off, it is a made up number. It could have been 20 ped, 100 ped etc

It has nothing to do with health of mob or cost to kill.

*i know some mobs have a lower global value, same argument applies.

What would be far more interesting and helpful. Is average tt payout per mob, the statistical range of mulipliers.

E.g if a mob pays out on average 20 ped tt, its range is 5ped - 3000ped (just an example).

That would be a LOT more helpful than a "global"...which means nothing

Rgds

Ace

EDIT: same argument applies to HOF
EDIT: as some item drops (most) come in waves, do globals come in waves, as that would be interesting. Hot or not area, mob etc

Last edited:
EDIT: as some item drops (most) come in waves, do globals come in waves, as that would be interesting. Hot or not area, mob etc

Yes globals also comes in waves. It's more noticeable on low populated planets, since less competition.

There also appears to exist mini's wave, where you get several mini's in a row in short time. During this period use the biggest DPS you have!

There's also a low loot wave where you get in a row, or majority of loot is 20%, or below cost to kill and lots of fragments/no looters. - During this period it's recommended to stop shooting/use lowest dps available/change mob.

There's also loot lag wave, when loot lags for everyone (beware if using autoloot pill, and you are out of autoloot radius when the lag is gone, you'll lose your loot - since its also lagged by this).

And there's probably a lot more of "waves" or similar systems hooked into EU's loot system. Which I haven't noticed yet.

Do note this is from my personal experience and no tracking has been done to prove them.

Yes globals also comes in waves. It's more noticeable on low populated planets, since less competition.

There also appears to exist mini's wave, where you get several mini's in a row in short time. During this period use the biggest DPS you have!

There's also a low loot wave where you get in a row, or majority of loot is 20%, or below cost to kill and lots of fragments/no looters. - During this period it's recommended to stop shooting/use lowest dps available/change mob.

There's also loot lag wave, when loot lags for everyone (beware if using autoloot pill, and you are out of autoloot radius when the lag is gone, you'll lose your loot - since its also lagged by this).

And there's probably a lot more of "waves" or similar systems hooked into EU's loot system. Which I haven't noticed yet.

Do note this is from my personal experience and no tracking has been done to prove them.

That seems about right to me also. I kind of stated that above also. There does not seem to be any consistency except if you have a couple of good runs 3 or 4 bad ones will follow;)

Back