Entropia Universe 15.4.0 Release Notes

The game doesn't need a graphics engine update just yet, it does just fine for what it is.

What it DOES need is:

-Optimization for the current engine to reduce lags and improve rendering speeds
-Bug fixes and content update

Both of these two points will generate happier players which in turn should lead to more revenue for MA.

A sparkly (and most likely more-buggy) new graphics engine will only be good marketing hype, but will be the dagger to Entropia's heart where devoted players sell out and new players refuse to stay because the game is unplayable

Fullscreen window mode would be awesome too :wtg:

It is not only that the engine needs to support dx11 or even dx12. it would need a big redesign at everything, to notice the new features of dx11 and dx12. What end up to use a power gaming PC to see the new Features.

So may better they fix first all the bugs, and the super lag we get at hunt.

Polished chrome still not fixed... World record for ongoing bugs

Entropia Universe 15.4.0 Release Notes

Todays patch is designed to optimise EU running on windows 10 as a result of this EU no longer supports windows 7 or 8 and no you can't have your money back

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Reactions: jod
I've got Windows 7 and have had no problems with the new version.

What was changed with this update?

I had JUST gotten EU working for Linux.
I had the installation process down. I had made sure it was repeatable.
It worked beautifully.

A few hours later, the servers went offline...

Now, I can install the client loader. I can agree to the EULA (or TOU)
However, when it tries to contact the update server, I get an error message.
"Failed to update EU: An internal error occured. Please contact support."

They fiddled with something. I sure wish I knew what.
It'll probably take a while to figure out.

As its off topic, I wont rant about Windows 8.2
(excuse me, Windows 10 - Whatever happened to 9???)
(Oh, I see they were using octal. How clever.)
(What? They weren't?)
(You mean they actually thought 8 was great and wanted to stay close to it, so 9 got called 8.1?)
(Do they now realize how horrible 8 was, and are trying to distance themselves from it by going straight to 10?)

edit: I know base 8 only goes up to seven.
maybe they should have stopped there too;)

Last edited:
As its off topic, I wont rant about Windows 8.2
(excuse me, Windows 10 - Whatever happened to 9???)
(Oh, I see they were using octal. How clever.)
(What? They weren't?)
(You mean they actually thought 8 was great and wanted to stay close to it, so 9 got called 8.1?)
(Do they now realize how horrible 8 was, and are trying to distance themselves from it by going straight to 10?)

Maybe it is to avoid confusion with Windows 95/98. Either way "9" looks like the last iteration of an old release, while "10" looks like the first one of something fresh and new.

imho

What was changed with this update?

I had JUST gotten EU working for Linux.
I had the installation process down. I had made sure it was repeatable.
It worked beautifully.

A few hours later, the servers went offline...

Now, I can install the client loader. I can agree to the EULA (or TOU)
However, when it tries to contact the update server, I get an error message.
"Failed to update EU: An internal error occured. Please contact support."

Update install EntropiaUpdater.exe with completely wrong permissions (so make file unreadable)
Code:
chmod +rw drive_c/Program\ Files//Entropia\ Universe/bin32/EntropiaUpdater.exe
should fix it (at least fix it for me)

Is it just me or this update made the client loader always search for updates now? If so that's really awesome :D as now people won't forget to update their stuff, and have to check the damned list 24/7 :yay:

At least something I hope :D

Is it just me or this update made the client loader always search for updates now? If so that's really awesome :D as now people won't forget to update their stuff, and have to check the damned list 24/7 :yay:

At least something I hope :D

Yes, I think that this automatic update has been introduced to make it easier to do patches or even a full VU.

Anyone else getting random and frequent disconnects while playing? Most of the people in my friends list keep disconnecting and reconnecting too.

Anyone else getting random and frequent disconnects while playing? Most of the people in my friends list keep disconnecting and reconnecting too.

I had a few yesterday, but nothing massively unexpected.

Rgds

Ace

Since this patch I'm getting at least 2 or 3 disconnects a day. A real pain in the butt when in space.

I've gotten used to the occasional lost connection but this is getting ridiculous. 4/6 out of team get simultaneously lost connection then another lost connection as soon as I get back on. I know it's not my end too... Fiber connection and my PC is high end.

Is this still happening to you guys? See I never move from my spot like you guys do and I went and let the dog out the other day and all you guys were gone when I returned..I just thought someone rang a dinner bell and I missed it..Poof everyone split..I hope it gets fixed.:scratch2:

Huh?

How in the very Fook..did this post land on top? Was like a week ago PCF ?...anyway must be a slow week..:D :laugh::lolup:

I've gotten used to the occasional lost connection but this is getting ridiculous.

Just sent a support ticket about it...

Thought it was just me. For me it's some tcp network packet that my firewall barfed about, something with "illegal tcp flags".

Back