Entropia Universe 15.4.0 Release Notes

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Windows 10 Client Update

At the end of July 2015, Microsoft released Windows 10. To remain compatible with all supported versions of Windows, the Entropia Universe Installer and Client Loader applications have received minor adjustments which may initially seem slightly unusual to existing Entropia Universe participants. When installing or updating the Entropia Universe client after the next patch, simply follow the instructions provided in the application. As always, do not hesitate to contact the Entropia Universe Support Team (https://account.entropiauniverse.com/support-faq/) if you have any questions or issues with installing or updating the Entropia Universe client.

MindArk and the Planet Partners strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches. If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minute issues have been resolved.

Originally Posted Here

If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minute issues have been resolved.

so nothing new aded :yay:, nothing fixed :yay::yay: , and if we dont like it DO NOT PLAY :yup:

way to GO MA:cool:

wow................

so nothing new aded :yay:, nothing fixed :yay::yay: , and if we dont like it DO NOT PLAY :yup:

way to GO MA:cool:

We can be happy they fixed that, about MA is in summer break, like every summer. So no updates happens in that time, normaly.

Download error

The download stops at 26.11MB with a download error message. After I tried again many times also after restarting my pc I filed a support case. Anyone else is experiencing the same problem?

so they make update for win10 users, and now we cant even get the patch. awesum :eyecrazy:

so they make update for win10 users, and now we cant even get the patch. awesum :eyecrazy:

It's working just fine with Win10 for me - from the above it sounds like the issue lies with some antivirus or firewall.

How about a DirectX update to the current decade?

We still have Windows XP users I'd imagine, I'm sure MA can see which OS its playerbase are using.

Not a lot PPL have high end PC systems with 2 power GC running, to play tesalation smooth. Tesalation is the only eye candy, what is running from DX11 and up.

And also when the engine support DX12, it would need to redesign a lot stuff, and we all would need to buy high end PCs, or it would not look better, except you love much lag.

better they wait a bit with stuff like that, and fix all other things like the bugs all around and lag while hunt with 30 fails, before the next shot hit a mob.

Agreed it'd be benificial for players to enjoy EU

We still have Windows XP users I'd imagine, I'm sure MA can see which OS its playerbase are using.

It doesnt / shouldnt compromise.
XP is heavilly outdated as it cant even take up decent ammounts of ram but ofc, some users still have it,
But CE been around for couple of years in EU now. So an upgrade wouldnt be too much of an horrible idea.

Having DX12 wouldnt compromise it as long as it'd have back compability with others and not make it dx12 only

Agreed it'd be benificial for players to enjoy EU

It doesnt / shouldnt compromise.
XP is heavilly outdated as it cant even take up decent ammounts of ram but ofc, some users still have it,
But CE been around for couple of years in EU now. So an upgrade wouldnt be too much of an horrible idea.

Having DX12 wouldnt compromise it as long as it'd have back compability with others and not make it dx12 only

It is not easy to implement DX12, about you need to redesign all materials and shaders to work with the features of DX12. We not even have tessalation integrated, what is coming with DX11. Also im not sure the current CRY engine version, MA is using support it.

And most of use would need a power gaming PC to play smooth with the new features of DX11 and DX12.

Frankly, I don't care about them. If you want to play a modern video game have a modern gaming system.

Frankly, I don't care about them. If you want to play a modern video game have a modern gaming system.

The day the game won't run smoothly on a sub 1000$ laptop, I'm out. And I doubt I'm alone.

Edit: My point being; We are not talking about a game where graphics matter really. No one playing this game does it because of the graphics. There's no reason to push the requirements higher for next to no difference in how the game is experienced.

And this would all refer to " have a modern gaming system".

Why spend development time and money on directx upgrade, which let's be honest has very little value add vs. Cost spent.. when money and time should be spent on bug fixes and completing the rollout of the systems they have begun implementing.

You guys really have to get your priorities straight. Have you forgotten the loss of player base when they did the last "upgrade"?

The day the game won't run smoothly on a sub 1000$ laptop, I'm out. And I doubt I'm alone.

Edit: My point being; We are not talking about a game where graphics matter really. No one playing this game does it because of the graphics. There's no reason to push the requirements higher for next to no difference in how the game is experienced.

And this would all refer to " have a modern gaming system".

Why does everyone think you can either play on a cheap system or you need a megasystem?

I'm talking about DX10, you know, the one that came out 10 fucking years ago. You don't need a $4000 system for that.

I love this directX update debate

The folks involved in opposing it fail to recognize that DX 10 and up are all backward compatible. That means that you people with the shitty computers dont need to change up. You can still use your cheap junk.

You're just not holding everyone else back like an anchor anymore.

Oh, and let's be real about something:

If you cant afford a decent computer, you dont have as much clout as you think you do. Because you likely cant afford to make a decent deposit, either. It's not like a DX12 compatible system costs the earth. Mine is less than $1000 in parts.

Why does everyone think you can either play on a cheap system or you need a megasystem?

I'm talking about DX10, you know, the one that came out 10 fucking years ago. You don't need a $4000 system for that.

I assumed you spoke about it in a more general way, your comment about modern gaming pcs gave me the impression that you want a game that would require a modern gaming rig to function.

I hope the DX12 thingy makes mindark re-evaluate the possibility of migrating to a new game engine, even if it takes 2 years or more.

Possibly one more suited for the needs of an MMO, and less buggylicious.

Sorry for the offtopic.

I wont even buy a system >500 Euro for EU since I am not a gamer and I refuse to pay a few hundred Euro more only to play EU, I guess EU is special enough to be attractive enough for a lot non-gamers but if you need 1 K Euro for the system + 100 Euro monthly for deposits you will loose quite a lot of customers

I hope the DX12 thingy makes mindark re-evaluate the possibility of migrating to a new game engine, even if it takes 2 years or more.

Possibly one more suited for the needs of an MMO, and less buggylicious.

Sorry for the offtopic.

I bet there isn't a single person who was playing before 2009 who doesn't think this is a terrible idea :)

Can you elaborate please?

The previous engine change was arguably the worst thing to ever happen to EU. Not because the new engine was bad but because of the massive disruption that came with the transition. About 3 years without any content development, and at least 6 months of problems following implementation. Not to mention having things like taming removed completely for several years.

The previous engine change was arguably the worst thing to ever happen to EU. Not because the new engine was bad but because of the massive disruption that came with the transition. About 3 years without any content development, and at least 6 months of problems following implementation. Not to mention having things like taming removed completely for several years.

maybe this time they can remove decay, no looters, fragments, ...

I guess keeping this trash engine is better than changing to, maybe, a better one then. Just because the last time wasn't great.

I get your point but I disagree, sorry.

I guess keeping this trash engine is better than changing to, maybe, a better one then. Just because the last time wasn't great.

I get your point but I disagree, sorry.

Because mindark has a history of doing big things with little impact.

I don't really get your position. Everyone bitches and moans about updates.. spins up a crap load of drama everytime there is a scheduled update that mindark doesn't care about (some random piece of the game).. and everyone constantly trash talks mindark about everything they do.. and NOW we suddenly in a complete 180, want them to do a major overhaul of the engine for a 2nd time thinking that THIS time they will do it better... without any large amount of opex for them to use towards said project .. a project for the most part that has no fundamental value to the game other than the possibility that calypso won't look like shit anymore and particles might fly out of vixen's ass on rocktropia... cosmetic details that will still fade after a while and a project, that if done poorly, will likely kill the game outright. Do you really want to take that risk?

Come on people.

Because mindark has a history of doing big things with little impact.

I don't really get your position. Everyone bitches and moans about updates.. spins up a crap load of drama everytime there is a scheduled update that mindark doesn't care about (some random piece of the game).. and everyone constantly trash talks mindark about everything they do.. and NOW we suddenly in a complete 180, want them to do a major overhaul of the engine for a 2nd time thinking that THIS time they will do it better... without any large amount of opex for them to use towards said project.

Come on people.

I don't think I have bitched or moaned very much about anything, ever.

It's just my opinion, it is so because half of the bugs/glitches and performance problems of this game are derived from the engine. I know because back in the crysis 1 times I used to be a modder on another community ( crymod it was? I'm too old :/ ) and had to dive deep and hard ( hehehe ) into the inner engine mechanics.

I was thinking a long term project, 2 years or more, without having every single person working on it just a small team. It can be done, it has been done countless times.

But as I said I totally get your points, I was just sharing my thoughts. This is a discussion forum after all.

Cheers.

:( my audio broke, its extremly quiet now and i noticed the repair button has gone

audio works fine on everything else

NVM, i deleted all the dynamic content and it worked for a short while before going again

Last edited:
If you cant afford a decent computer, you dont have as much clout as you think you do. Because you likely cant afford to make a decent deposit, either. It's not like a DX12 compatible system costs the earth. Mine is less than $1000 in parts.

Yeaa i agree whit u Mag !
If ppl cant afford to atleast have a decent gaming rig maybe they should stop depo for awhile and buy a cheap one its 2015 and u can get a decent one cheap.

And ofc we that got a ok setup we sure like some eye candy in grafic.

Back