Can someone explain Laser sights/Scopes?

ZPF

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Zelos 'Playboy' Fargen
What do they do exactly?

What is the difference between "Skill Mod%" and "Attachment Skill Bonus"?

Please and thank you! :cool:

Search forum is your friend...

What do they do exactly?

What is the difference between "Skill Mod%" and "Attachment Skill Bonus"?

Please and thank you! :cool:

Entropia Universe 11.2.0 Release Notes
21 Jun 2010

Attachment Parameter Changes

· Skill Bonus on Attachments . The skill modification effect now have a clarifying tool tip. The attachment gives a bonus to the user's hit ability and it has full effect when the target is on maximum weapon range. When the target comes closer the effect decreases and it reaches its minimum effect when the target is in the immediate vicinity. Since the effect is variable the hit ability parameter display is not affected by the skill modification.

· New Parameter on Attachments . A new parameter has been introduced on laser sights and scopes. This new parameter gives the user a skill increase bonus when the attachment is attached to the tool. The skill increase bonus of the attachment will affect the skill that the tool affect. The number does not indicate an actual increase rate percentage but a higher number is better than a lower.

Source: Entropia Universe 11.2.0 Release Notes

TL;DR

Skill Mod -> You hit more often at max range.
Skill Bonus -> You get more skills while using the item.

Thank you.

That just leaves me with one question. Can someone confirm whether or not you still gain a hit chance bonus if you're already 10/10 hit ability with that weapon?

What you will find if you search for previous threads on this is that it has not been conclusively proven.

Thank you.

That just leaves me with one question. Can someone confirm whether or not you still gain a hit chance bonus if you're already 10/10 hit ability with that weapon?

U dont (too short)

So if you're using maxed SIB there is no need for sights though scopes still have the advantage of zoom?

Subscribing, interested in more info about this also.

If I understand it correctly so far, the skill bonus only really makes a difference when used on non-SIB weapons. Has anyone ever tried to measure if the difference is worth the added decay? I tried out a Hunnir once but didn't get far with it, had to dump it again since I needed the money tied up in it. I currently only keep a simple Alekz on the Marber, which I pull out for peeking through the scope more often than shooting it.

Edit: I think part of the confusion comes from that there is a skill bonus and a skill increase bonus. It is still not quite clear to me also if or when you get one or both of them.

Last edited:
I use them because:

1) Having zoom is nice.
2) More decay equals more skills (Bonus or not, I dont care).

What you will find if you search for previous threads on this is that it has not been conclusively proven.

Clarification on this one, this was a comment for hit only. In my experience skill bonus (more green lines) is still relevant at 10/10

As I understand it, the Attachment Skill Bonus adds to SIB, so becomes irrelevant once SIB is "Not anymore" (about a level or less after 10/10 nowadays) and is never relevant at all on non-SIB.

But as others pointed out, having additional decay increases skillgain anyway, so if you don't mind paying a little extra for a small skillgain increase, slapping as much junk as possible on your gun is the way to go.

As I understand it, the Attachment Skill Bonus adds to SIB, so becomes irrelevant once SIB is "Not anymore" (about a level or less after 10/10 nowadays) and is never relevant at all on non-SIB.

But as others pointed out, having additional decay increases skillgain anyway, so if you don't mind paying a little extra for a small skillgain increase, slapping as much junk as possible on your gun is the way to go.

Sounds like your mixing up skill mod and skill bonus there :)

Sounds like your mixing up skill mod and skill bonus there :)

Could be, can't check the names ingame atm. If I remember right, there are 2 parameters, one (Skill Mod?) is measured in % and affects your hit ability (though only at the full weapon range, then the effect diminishes) and the other (Skill Bonus?) is a float number that is a bonus to your SIB. I meant the second one.

from the Release Notes it doesnt say that it is only for SIB Weapons!

· Skill Bonus on Attachments . The skill modification effect now have a clarifying tool tip. The >>attachment gives a bonus to the user's hit ability and it has full effect when the target is on >>maximum weapon range. When the target comes closer the effect decreases and it reaches its >>minimum effect when the target is in the immediate vicinity. Since the effect is variable the hit >>ability parameter display is not affected by the skill modification.

-> less missed shots when tagging. so high Skill Mod on your attachments will be good for tagger weapons

· New Parameter on Attachments . A new parameter has been introduced on laser sights and >>scopes. This new parameter gives the user a skill increase bonus when the attachment is >>attached to the tool. The skill increase bonus of the attachment will affect the skill that the tool >>affect. The number does not indicate an actual increase rate percentage but a higher number is >>better than a lower.

Where does it say that it only increase the SIB that a tool gives? or that it does not work for non-SIB guns?

It says it increase the skills a tool gives you, so if you are into skilling faster add attachments with high Skill increase bonus

Back