My experience with Entropia Universe

RedBeard

Mature
Welcome Captain Ken RedBeard
Account Created 2015-04-25

Hello!

I just want to let everybody know how I enjoyed EU and ended up getting screwed over in the end by an experienced long-term player that wanted to help me but I come to find out he was pretty much only out to get me for unknown reasons!

The START:
The very first day of my EU experience I felt like Live Streaming it :) I was Arkadian born and had a blast doing the tutorial with the few viewers that jumped in the stream and offered their assistance. After all was done I found myself a mentor (from my stream) and he ended up basically abandoning me after a week. In panic and confusion I still met a nice person from my live stream who I took on as my mentor instead and ended up graduating with him!

Early on I made an investment in the PH-3 UL tool, I bought it for around 750 PED (after depositing $100) and sold it for 1750 PED (Not sure if that is sleazy but the market was up and I didn't have much time to play about a week after the purchase ((long story short my wife found out she is prego and we were out celebrating and I was working a lot))..

After making the sell on the PH-3 a month later or maybe more I bought an Ancient Red Scorpion and flew myself to Calypso where I started killing Kerberos! I still remember my first global on the Kerberos, it was 26 PED and I was super insane happy, jumping around and all that jazz... It was a good time and it only got better from there! I have about 40 globals @ Kerberos and was doing really really good with ECO, purchased an A101 and was doing insane profit on 20 ped runs.

THE MIDDLE:
Shortly after my global spree I was confronted by an UBER PLAYER than many of you know..I won't name him but I will tell you my story of him. He offered me advice and how to "get out of my newbie status" and hunt better things that can HoF and I can have more fun! After days of talking to him he told me if it doesn't work out like I say it does, I will give you 500 PED. I said "Ok, lets do it!"

First things first, he had me sell my ARS (You don't need that anymore) so I sold it and bought p4a (L) pistols, I bought 5Bs for my Adjusted Musca, I was ready.

He told me to swallow the Skill Gain % pills and go to town on Longtooth...after many bad hunts I told him I don't think this is working out, so I went to Atrox...it was a little bit better, but still overall a huge loss. I went to Rocktropia with him to team hunt, most of it was me dieing and not getting anything good on our hunts.

I did some events on Next Island, placed 3rd on one and got an AU :) that was pretty cool. But all in all I continued to follow this guys advice and before I know it I was out around 3,000 PED. All the money I put into the game has been lost in under 1 month because I was listening to a guy that didn't care about me or want to actually help me.

THE END:
When time came and I couldn't hunt anymore or do what he said to do, I reminded him about the 500 PED he told me he would give me if it didn't work out (still a 2,500 ped loss) and he informed me I didn't follow his advice and that was that.

He has never spoken to me again and ignores me if I even say "Hi"...

So I guess my EU experience started very fun and energetic and meeting new people on the live stream and having tons of fun!! But overall it was terrible.

I did have myself some very nice HoF hits (400ish range) on mining on Arkadia and 1 on Calypso, but it still ended up not going in my favor and now I am out of my PED :scratch2:

So, thanks for letting me play this game for 4 months. It sucks that I listened to somebody who had no reason to help me, but I guess it happens.

So my warning to all the newbies that play the game, keep it slow..you don't need to progress, kill punies and maybe kill Kerberos for a long time once you have reached a gun/armor that lets you easily while still ecoing. The game is a lot of fun if you do what you want to do!

Thanks for taking the time to read if you did :)

I might pop up every once and awhile to use EU as a chat room and talk to the friends I have made on here. :yay::ahh::yup:

Last edited:
That's ....I'm really quite speechless. I've watched a few of your streams and really enjoyed them seen u a few times at Osere and man I can't agree with you more I still remember my first kerbie hunts. My mentor suggested I go there after purchasing the gold pack and I didn't regret a second of it. I had one amazing Saturday after buying a $10 dollar ammo pack and profited close to 500 ped no exaggerating. It was the most fun I had in an mmo in a long time. I have a deep love/hate relationship with this game and no matter how fed up I am I keep coming back. Yours is not the first horror story I have heard but don't let this jerk ruin it for u. I am on ark now and u ever make it that way I would be stoked to do some team hunting as I haven't really tried yet. Good luck to you and hope u make it back on top

So in short you fucked someone for 1k peds on unl ph3 and now you are bitching over 500 promissed peds?
Dude pls,karma strikes back again:yay:

So in short you fucked someone for 1k peds on unl ph3 and now you are bitching over 500 promissed peds?

He bought it at a good price and managed to sell it for a better price,how did he fuck anyone?
Didn't see any mention of him holding a gun to anyone's head.

Stop being a dick.

I screwed somebody over 1k peds? The price went all the way to 3500 - if I wanted to screw somebody over I would have sold it then (nobody knows how the price goes in this game, 1 day your UL ring can be worth 20k because you were first to unbox it, in 1 month it could be worth 100 ped because 5,000 people unboxed it)

But yeah, I am a terrible person and the guy I even sold it to I have helped him out healing him while he hunts.

So you always sell ores for tt?

He gave you shitty advice on hunting the longtooth, and gave you shitty advice on dumping a weapon that worked for you and chugging twink pills.

The game works if you take your time. 3000 PED loss as a new player means you were playing beyond your level.

Let me guess:

This person was your mentor?

Sounds like he was farming you for the chance to loot a ME item with value. All that extra cost skill pumping would serve no other purpose. Any player with experience knows that.

Always listen to advice you're given, but never follow it blindly.
So much bad advice in your first post. Find a better mentor, and earn back the peds :)

You know my soc leader always says to me if something works keep doing it ( rarely listen to his advise which is normally right). Hunt what you can afford to hunt for more then a few days as this will balance you out more then blowing 1k ped in 1 day.

Forget about hof board and ubers they are balancers to bring people back up to 90% and should be considered as bonuses. Apart from the guns on longtooth theirs no mu on the materials compared to kerbs, so if you carried on hunting them you wouldn't be pedless but you also will be still skilling and having fun. you shouldn't be useing 5b plates on longtooth either and by needed these you are not at the right lvl to hunt them eco (For young to old).

Suppose somebody advised u to sell your house and invest all your money in some high risk shares. Suppose u lose everything as a result. These things happen. Important question is if u learn anything from it and what will you do next.
Would you take the responsibility for your actions? Or would you rather try put all the blame on the guy who gave the bad advise?

If i were u i would be happy it was a game this time. In RL those lessons about judging characters and making decisions tend to cost much more. Or have worse consequences. Sometimes only rerolling your char would help. Too bad we don't have this feature in RL.

It's possible the guy who gave this advise was sincere. Some noob who had a good loot streak on LT for a few weeks...
Normally anyone who has played this game for a year considers himself allknowing. The realization you know nothing comes much later.

For the record it was not my mentor :)

First post says I took on a mentor and graduated with him. It was a good experience he helped me a lot in the beginning of my EU days.

Thanks.

Need 4 greed. Walk it off

Last edited:
Don't give up, I'm no uber but I can help you ingame if you still want to play.

Can I have his name in PM pls? :)

The fact that you were hunting LT's and Atrox after a couple months speaks for itself. You were hunting way over your head, and your budget. The time it takes to build the skill level necessary to hunt these pups is part of the fun (at least for me) of EU.

Lesson learned though. Now you move on with more understanding of the game, and some of it's players.

Go back to hunting Kerberos with an eco set-up. Complete all the missions you can at your skill level and you will get back that lovin' feeling!

Good luck to you.

Damn, I was so excited to see a fellow tibia player come to Entropia and I'm sad you're leaving already. I knew you were moving too fast when you told me you just started and lost 2500 ped already. I'm planning on migrating to Arkadia after the migration is over and I would be willing to hunt with you if you're willing to stick around. I can pick up an ARS or some short blade and we can slay some mobs together, I can heal you as well to help with your costs. This game is fun but it is in every sense of the word - a grind. You can't sprint without dumping mad $$$$$$$$$$ and unfortunately you tried to sprint with broken legs by going after longtooth this early on. My advice is take a break for a month or two (i've done it many times before) then give this game another whirl, but with a proper gameplan this time.

Cheers bud and hope to still see you around.

-Hyp

Always listen to advice you're given, but never follow it blindly.

This
Would be interesting to know who was the person advising you, but if you were doing welll, was a bad move to change what was working while was working out

Suppose somebody advised u to sell your house and invest all your money in some high risk shares. Suppose u lose everything as a result. These things happen. Important question is if u learn anything from it and what will you do next.
Would you take the responsibility for your actions? Or would you rather try put all the blame on the guy who gave the bad advise?

Bad analogy sorry.

If you knew nothing about investing/property you would go to a financial advisor and probably consider him more knowledgeable than yourself and trust what he has to say.
Then if it turns out you got shit advice then I'd think you have every right to be pissed at the person giving you advice.
The law in Australia seems to think so too as here financial advisors have to declare all commissions/connections and so forth on investments they 'sell' to you.(Cant speak for other countries so its just an example).
Of course you can come back and say 'get 3 quotes','Talk to a few advisor's' etc and that is good advice but everyone is wiser after the fact.

This guy was apparently an 'Uber' in this players eyes so therefore I guess he thought he must know his stuff and he followed the advice and got burnt in the process.

I'm probably drifting OT but what I'm trying to say is-for me- this for the vast majority lays on the head of the person giving the shit advice.
'Buyer beware' and all that but I don't think you can blame the OP too much.

Back on topic and to the OP:
Lesson learned I'm sure but don't let it get the better of you.
You got your fingers burnt a little but at the end of the day it could have been much worse -as other threads about long term/trust scams will attest- so just use it to come back wiser and stronger. :yup:

Oh and Sasha,
Your still being a dick and clearly have no idea what your talking about so kindly stfu.

The guy who told you to hunt LT probably meant well.

I only hunt the Big LT, and get annoyed when I see Tooth young's globaling like mad, when a Stalker nearly always gives me 4 ped or there about.

I'd not tell a newbie player though to hunt them, but to stick to Punies, daiks and shinks, Kerbies, Combibo all the way till missions done. Then move to Argonauts + Cornuncauda's etc. (PS I wish they would extend the Combibo mission, I love those mobs, many fond memories from years back :) )

You should have tried Team hunting Longtooth Young's with 3 or 4 people, that may have yielded you better results, if all the team had roughly the same DPS.

Bad analogy sorry.

If you knew nothing about investing/property you would go to a financial advisor and probably consider him more knowledgeable than yourself and trust what he has to say.
This was not my example.

OK, this story has 2 sides. The guy who gave bad advise should have known he's an idiot and keep his mouth shut. I've noticed this never works with idiots thou.
On the other hand it's all about taking responsibility. Modern society tells us never take responsibility, always blame somebody or something else. It's so convenient easy way out and so hard to resist. Welcome to the darkside, we have cookies.

That's terrible advise! please pm me the name of the guy, I hope his name doesn't start with Mr...

I'd like if you pm'd me the name of the guy aswell

Yep

Quite a complex experience and I think I understand! previously being a leader of a society. Eventually I also set standard as a leader.....merit to standards ...lol !
You describe explicitly a typical ...lobby your society for support!
Time to join or do so!

Sorry for your loss but this is a lesson (I hope) for you to not become minion and blindly follow somebody's 'orders'.

PM me his name as well - in EU it is important to be aware who is who...

What a jerk.

PM me the name of this player please.

PS don't quit the game! I'll actually help you out. My IGN is Miss Gloria Hugo :)... but I guess you can see that on the avatar info under my forum name :dance:

I was his first mentor who heavily helped him his first week. He then decided to unfriend and drop me after not coming on for 3 days during my college finals week.

I think it's sad that you've scathed others here, and am pretty glad you didn't make the EU cut.

Later! :yay:

I hate holding hands...

Please PM me the name also..

So you would sell for less?
I find this to be a ridiculous comment.
Anyone that can buy something low and sell high is doing exactly what he is supposed to.
I dont trade, but if I did it would be stupid of me to sell for less than I bought.

This is how we loose our new depositing player base.

Reactions: jod
Could you please PM me the name of this guy?

Thanks!

Why don't you just stop with the silly Chinese whispers and post the name if everyone's so interested, it's not against forum rules. All this PM nonsense just makes for worse rumour-mongering.

Back