Question: How to determine the amount of DPS needed to efficiently kill a mob?

Hypnotyk

Elite
Society
discord.gg/bdDeqtn
Randy Hypnotyk Bafia
Hello PCF.

10 years later and I'm still uncertain about some things in this game, so I am turning to you guys once again.

Currently I am the owner of 2 maces,

WeaponAmpDPS (no dmg enh)EcoDPS (full dmg enh)Eco
Castorian Combat Mace MK I - Tier 4Trauma VI46.222.95859.262.944
Castorian Combat Mace MK III - Tier 6Trauma VIII64.222.95492.242.935

Having these two maces allows me to pick and choose weapons depending on the size of the mob. However, I am uncertain when to use one or the other.

For example, when hunting feffox young-mature I use un-enhanced MK III + VIII amp because I assume that is the better option due to the high hp of feffox (1400HP for youngs), but is this overkill? Should I use the mkI + VI unenhanced instead?

Basically, I do not know what HP limits I should use my maces on. I do not know when to use more DPS to take down a type of mob that has high attack/regen. I do not know when to use enhancers or when not to. I am trying to cut down on overkill because I did a test run on Berycled Stalkers (560 hp) with unenhanced MK III + VIII amp and I think I got like 60~ish % return which kind of confirmed my suspicion that I am burning peds by always being enhanced on my MK III mace. I love DPS but I want to give this game a new effort, this time with a new approach. My goal is to make some PED each month while hunting, and I will do this by chasing markup items.. regardless on how big or small the mob is. I'm even considering picking up a shortblade or powerfists and going after the argo mission that I never finished.

Any information, tips, or comments are appreciated to help me become a smarter hunter. I look forward to your responses and thank you in advance!

Cheers
-Hyp

Not as much as dps as in using lower dmg weapon to minimize the overkill.

This is one thing some people don't realize, just how much of an impact it has.

Use no dmg enhancers with the III mace. And use 1/3rd or 1/4th of the max damage of your weapon to finish the mob.

Also, damage enhancers are always lost money. Use accuracy enhancers to actually increase the eco of your weapon (more crits). You'd be surprised just how much of an impact on your eco damage enhancers have - entropedia doesn't account for the TT and MU of the enhancers.

Use no dmg enhancers with the III mace. And use 1/3rd or 1/4th of the max damage of your weapon to finish the mob.

Also, damage enhancers are always lost money. Use accuracy enhancers to actually increase the eco of your weapon (more crits). You'd be surprised just how much of an impact on your eco damage enhancers have - entropedia doesn't account for the TT and MU of the enhancers.

Yep, I've started to do that with some (L) shortblades. BUt what I want to know is how much DPS is needed to hunt a mob with X hp. I.E. for a mob with 2000HP, what minimum DPS should be used to kill it?

Its funny how you speak like your truth is the only truth :)

I allways shoot fully damage enhanced and I never cared for overdamage and still I dont complain about my loot so often

Try what works best for YOU and use latest working configuration

//Linz

Dude a choc chip cookie is a choc chip cookie.....now whether you want to turn it into some delicacy send from 5000 light years away and is made of some devine ingredients that don't exist in planet earth and try to work out what makes a cookie a muthafucking cookie.....and the course it takes to get to planet earth speed x light / pie what muthafucking not.....that's exactly what your doing.

This thing is a slot machine with fancy graphics....nothing more. If its pay day it's pay day if its not have lube ready.

I allways shoot fully damage enhanced and I never cared for overdamage and still I dont complain about my loot so often

//Linz

I agree with Linzey.

On big mobs I do not care about overkill that much because each time I will use finisher I'll get 1-2 more hits on armor so there goes your 'saved pec'....

I hunt 90% of the time fully enhanced, although if the gun has 7 enhacer slots I use 2 for accuracy and 5 damage.
Anything above 1k HP I never used finisher.
If it's below 1k HP i just use a smaller gun all the way.

To answer your question it depends on many factors like what mob it is, how fast he hits and how big is his regen.
Sometimes while you switch to finisher to save pec, the mob can hit you a couple more times and eco goes out the window.

//Linz
It all depends what mob you're hunting. Sure overkill doesn't matter if you're hunting Eomons. And indeed what works for you is what you should keep doing.

//Linz

Agree on above.
No amp, no enhancers > Philosophers sword > Feffox Youngs and Matures > Overall good results ;)

So try what works best for you and forget about DPS :cool: imo.

//Linz

I should state that I always hunt with full damage enhancer slots and i would say I do okay to good overall, but after watching Joda's stream and everyone always tooting the eco horn, I started to doubt my 'natural' ways of DPS is always king and see if the eco side of things is more profitable in the end for me. I guess I should try both and compare. I just wasn't sure if I was pumping too much or too little DPS when it came to mobs and that is why I asked this question.

Have tried to figure out how it works for years. All i found out is that the system is pseudo-random (as opposed to a totally random slot machine) - some combinations clearly work better than others. Sometimes the setup that works doesn't make any sense according to Entropedia and all we know about the game mechanics. So, in the end there's just this:

Back