Question: How many people actually use their apartments as apartments these days?

davidgr1200

Elite
Society
Gloryhound Irregulars
Maxic
How many people actually use their apartments as apartments these days? as something more than merely storage? It used to be that some people were very imaginative when decorating their apartments but now most of the accessible ones seem to be empty.

I use mine to decorate it and store stuff and to have friends over and try on clothes, etc. The problem lately is the televator bug and the items getting stuck on the walls. I am at the point where I am storing all of the art and the drapes and I think twice before going to my apt because I know I will have to press T and wait 1 minute in order to leave ...

I have one apartment in Calypso and one on Arkadia, and have not been in my Calypso apartment for more than a year at least..... :silly2: Mostly just a good feeling to have an apartment, even if I don't use it much.

I have mine all decorated up like an apartment feel free to stop by for a cup of Bombardo juice, I spike it with illegal alcohol I brought in to calypso from Rocktropia :D

Omegaton West Habitat Alpha Building 13A

Watch out for the tricky televator it sometimes gets stuck when you get to floor 13 :D I believe it is cursed.

Last edited:
I also keep mine decorated (and took me quite a bit to get it right too) but I guess this is a matter of how you look at the game :) I like vanity aspects a bit more to immerse into it better so I tried to effort on decorating, because to me, It just wouldn't be right if it wasn't properly done.

I guess it is a matter of what your objective in game really is... As not everyone is in it to enjoy the different small bits.

I just cleaned mine out after years this week.

I took advantage of the item bug years ago that allowed you to put unlimited items in them and it was fully decorated and packed with stuff.

But in the end it was a waste and the peds are better put elsewhere.

And stupid me,I realised I'd never taken any pics after I picked everything up.:ahh:

I just cleaned mine out after years this week.

I took advantage of the item bug years ago that allowed you to put unlimited items in them and it was fully decorated and packed with stuff.

But in the end it was a waste and the peds are better put elsewhere.

And stupid me,I realised I'd never taken any pics after I picked everything up.:ahh:

Not a waste, was a lot of fun back then decorating and seeing how much I could put in mine. Plus a great way to display the weapons I had crafted too ;)
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...9343-Come-see-it-before-it-s-gone!&highlight=

Not a waste, was a lot of fun back then decorating and seeing how much I could put in mine. Plus a great way to display the weapons I had crafted too ;)
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...9343-Come-see-it-before-it-s-gone!&highlight=

Well for me it was a waste because I moved to Ark and never went there any more.

I had some fun with it,kept my collections there so they could be seen properly and even had a dance floor and some Dj Decks set up (well they looked like Dj decks with a couple bleacher attachments some wires and some robot parts it looked pretty close)plus one of those big arse screens that covers a whole wall with rotating pics on it-just the advertising background pics but it added to the look.

But for me I decided there was just no purpose for me any more,each to his own :)

Nice job on yours,did someone else take advantage of the bug? :silly2:

Still kicking myself I didn't take pics,there's probably some buried in my EU pics somewhere but I have no clue where they are now.

EDIT: And one thing I forgot to mention...It's worth it to be able to use the in game ad screens and extra seasonal gifts for apt owners so I'll be hanging on to the deed for now.

Last edited:
My apartment is at Bilton Towers 2, 3B.

Please feel free to swing on by - pull up a chair, grab a Beer, feed virtual Oreo, and worship at the altar to Summergirl.

:tiphat:

I have a very nice fully furnished house at Minopolis #4 - 87888, 85108

Please feel free to drop on by and maybe throw a steak on the BBQ, help yourself to a drink or just relax under the Gazebo.

Be Warned! You may need ammo or don't mind dying (depending what mobs are about), even inside, as I was promised a turret had been installed about 2 years ago but am still waiting :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: jod
i also cleaned and reorganised all stuff in my appartment recently, and i sometimes chill there when i'm not in the mood to kill. :smoke:

you are very welcome to have a look at omegaton west, gamma 2E (most SW tower near the beach)

Yep. I do :)

Since I recently bought an apartment on Planet Arkadia, I visited my old apartment at Omegaton West Habitat Epsilon 16H to grab up some furniture and decoration for my new apartment. And yes, I wanted to get a stomach feeling if it wasn't better to let go of the Calypso apartment altogether. But I must say: When I entered it, a wave of memories washed over me. I was very moved. Every item there has a story and I spent so much time decorating and redecorating it, I couldn't let go of it. Actually I walked around in the neighbourhood which I hadn't done for years .... And although I no longer consider myself really a citizen of Calypso, I started to feel like one again a little bit. So I decided to keep it and visit it more often again. Although I still don't understand why you can't furnish the balconies. :confused: It would be so much fun to do! But I spent some time watching the area from the balcony, picking up some items and dropping others ... Even did some mining in the surrounding area. I like the raw and half-deserted feel of Omegaton West Habitat. And I am glad that I still have tons of screenshots from the early days of that apartment which really show a first settler atmosphere ...

I have been in Entropia Universe since March 2004, but had a longish break of some years when I was completely or almost completely inactive.

What brought me back to the Universe was actually Planet Arkadia. I had made a trip there and found that it is immensely beautiful. I love to mine there and - yes - to watch the landscape while mining. It reminds me a lot of how I experienced Calypso in years long gone by ... The second pull factor was taming being alive again. Thanks to Emma and her pet shops I got a Calypso beast on Arcadia, a cornundacauda I love dearly, which accompanied me to all mining trips. Eventually I got a ruby chirin - also from Emma's - and a Panaleone pet, which I trained to level 7 on Planet Cyrene and which accompanies me now to underground mining trips. So with these 3 beloved companians I love to explore again. The ruby chirin loves the desert, the cornundacausa loves misty and nightly areas and the Panaleone lets its nose horn burn nicely underground :cool:

Since I feel more at home on Arkadia, I pondered getting an apartment there for quite some time. But the prizes are so high, apartments are rare, especially if you want to make Sanctuary Cove your home. And if you want a top floor apartment which also has a large roof terrace to furnish :yay: The apartments are more luxurious with their large window fronts and the two storeys in one apartment, their wooden floors and the nice plants outside the windows. Valiant Firebase has military containers with ample space to furnish and a real tough-guy feel to them. Since some of the Valiant containers were prizes in the Golden Week on Arkadia, I had a close look at them being sure they would be put up for sale later. But that was the moment when an apartment in Celeste Harbour City showed up on auction. I had not really planned to live there, since with graphics options set on highest quality I have a huge lag there. But out of the spur of the moment I bought that apartment, only to put it up on auction a few hours laters because it doesn't have a roof terrace. I noticed that on the first day I checked auction hoping for sales. Meanwhile I was visiting it and put a few things in there. Second day I checked auction being a bit frightened that someone might have bought it. That was when I noticed that my heart had begun to get attached to it. So I pulled it out of auction and started to rejoice. And now I love it. I furnished it, love to spend time in it. From the window I can see Emma's Pet shop :ahh: and from my wicker chair I can see the Celeste Harbour waterfall :yay: It is really close to the Celeste Harbour North TP and the really cool .Point shop downstairs provided me with a lot of deco and furniture items.

Now I love to have two apartments. To fly back to Calypso whenever the mood takes me, although I miss the "good old times". I miss Hadesheim and the awe with which I first explored that vast deserted City. I am now old enough to be really nostalgic about a few things. But I love my ruby chririn, I love my new apartment and the busy shopping area of Celeste City. The shops there are mostly in good shape and the owners care about them. I sneak into other appartments to see how the owners have decorated them or what they did with their roof terraces. I no longer regret not having an apartment in Sanctuary. I can always spend some time on the picturesque shore there and then return to my flourishing City Celeste with waterfall, café and shops teeming with life.

So: yes! I do use my apartments. I have calmed down quite a bit, I no longer worry about getting Hofs. I remember with how little people were satisfied in the early years of Project Entropia, how bombs or probes for 50 PEDs had to last for hours because the PED card was so empty. I resist spending huge amount of money on big amps and gambling in the Domes. And prefer to explore again as in the old days. Make trips to Cyrene where there is still so much to explore. And make long exploration trips on Arkadia, take part in some of the events there, which are really fun. And I know there is always a dinner waiting for me in my old apartment in Omegaton West Habitat where the shores are rough and high towers full with very affordable apartments wait for old and new owners. And if on Calypso I want landscape beauty I go to New Oxford or the old and new Cape Corinth area.

Do the windmills close to New Switzerland still exist? Wollongong? See - I will have to make a trip soon again ;)

Sincerely,

Glyphan

4760e779fc.jpg

ba3408d3c3.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks for that :beerchug:

I have omegaton west delta complex unit 3a furnished and somewhat ready for company. A long time ago one of my soc mates went to Next Island when it was new, and brought back a bunch or crystals that nobody knew what to do with and I lined them up in the window. They got stuck in some later VU and I've never had them removed heh. It's just simple stuff in there some momentos and whatnot, and decor I put together when I was new.

I would sit in there when I was just in game to chat or idling between RL activities, since when I started EU I was working primarily from home. I just added a couple new items and removed a ton of fruit last week, and used it as a quiet spot to crank up my graphics and check out a new outfit I bought too.

It was tons of fun decorating in Arkadia for a while. When apartments came out there were a lot of people interested in socializing there and we had roof decorating contests and such.

I stopped playing for a long time and I've never fully furnished all the rooms in my building there but every once in a while I set one up with some loot on display or some items I want to pull out of storage for one reason or another. One has a bunch of new player items and starter quest rewards in it. I think another is full of paint cans and makeup atm.

When I'm on arkadia I spend a lot of time on my porch or hovering around nearby, heh.

I do not have an apartment. I have no interest in playing interior decorator nor do I need to pay a fee to store junk.

I use my apartment as a place to relax while afk and meet others there at times.

All are welcome to enjoy .. Omegaton West .. building Alpha .. 11G .. right off the teleport and can be entered by landing on balcony right above the open section in the center of building , best with a Lancer and never a reason to use the televator.

Fully decorated

Recently got a few, was trying to get the right location to setup shopkeepers. I ended up finding a shop soon after, so i condensed my apt's to a 2-room apt at Genesis Amerthera TP.

I try to layout it proper, no rush to get fancy furniture unless the price is good. I use it for storage with some art. I like having one. makes me feel like i'm a citizen of caly ;)

Apartments were, maybe, the main reason I joined Entropia Universe. Sure, there are a lot of other great things, but the sensation of owning a little piece of the universe for yourself was my dream from the moment I signed up. I now own an apartment on Arkadia (Sanctuary Cove, top floor so it includes a roof terrace) and I pay towards a second one, also on Arkadia (Valiant Firebase, Barack no 12) and I have to say that the fact that I managed to get them were one of the happiest moments in the last years for me (not talking just about game, but overall). I don't afford to furnish them yet, since all my in-game money go towards paying my rates for the barracks apartment, but when I'll be done with that it will sure become a priority for me; anyway, even for now, I always log out for the night just on (one of) my apartment(s).

So yeah, the apartments made a huge difference for me - now, instead of being "just another game", EU and Planet Arkadia are... HOME.

All are welcome to enjoy .. Omegaton West .. building Alpha .. 11G .. right off the teleport and can be entered by landing on balcony right above the open section in the center of building , best with a Lancer and never a reason to use the televator.

Fully decorated

Nice to read. Will surely have a look at your apartment when I am back to Omegaton West Habitat. But I will take the teleporter ;)

It is so amazing that some of the furniture items which were really cheap back then are now so rare, that they have become very expensive - and also vice versa. Some items I could never have aspired to in the "old days" are now easier to get. For example I now am the proud owner of a Mars Globe lamp which I always wanted to have years ago.

By the way, there used to be shops with only furniture. Are they all gone on Calypso? I found only one. Forgot where it was, it was not in a Shopping Mall (I checked all Shopping Malls), but in an apartment house. I like to support crafters but where are all the furniture crafters gone?

:scratch2:

Thanks for that :beerchug:

I have omegaton west delta complex unit 3a furnished and somewhat ready for company. A long time ago one of my soc mates went to Next Island when it was new, and brought back a bunch or crystals that nobody knew what to do with and I lined them up in the window. They got stuck in some later VU and I've never had them removed heh. It's just simple stuff in there some momentos and whatnot, and decor I put together when I was new.

I would sit in there when I was just in game to chat or idling between RL activities, since when I started EU I was working primarily from home. I just added a couple new items and removed a ton of fruit last week, and used it as a quiet spot to crank up my graphics and check out a new outfit I bought too.

It was tons of fun decorating in Arkadia for a while. When apartments came out there were a lot of people interested in socializing there and we had roof decorating contests and such.

I stopped playing for a long time and I've never fully furnished all the rooms in my building there but every once in a while I set one up with some loot on display or some items I want to pull out of storage for one reason or another. One has a bunch of new player items and starter quest rewards in it. I think another is full of paint cans and makeup atm.

When I'm on arkadia I spend a lot of time on my porch or hovering around nearby, heh.

Hey, neighbour :) Will check out your apartment too. There seem to be more active inhabitants of Omegaton West Habitat than I thought :cool:

I have mine all decorated up like an apartment feel free to stop by for a cup of Bombardo juice, I spike it with illegal alcohol I brought in to calypso from Rocktropia :D

Omegaton West Habitat Alpha Building 13A

Watch out for the tricky televator it sometimes gets stuck when you get to floor 13 :D I believe it is cursed.

Great apartment K-Max , a lot done with a small area.

Lots of omegaton owners posting here, and I am one as well.

few decorations, random stuff strown around and recently added two shopkeepers

come on by Alpha 1b

Cool Fire

I have a very nice fully furnished house at Minopolis #4 - 87888, 85108

Please feel free to drop on by and maybe throw a steak on the BBQ, help yourself to a drink or just relax under the Gazebo.

Be Warned! You may need ammo or don't mind dying (depending what mobs are about), even inside, as I was promised a turret had been installed about 2 years ago but am still waiting :rolleyes:

Nadie's house is really worth taking a look at, if you want some inspiration to decorate your own apt/house. I was really astonished of what is possible to do with all items looted. A true piece of Artwork.

I own 2 houses, Atlas Haven and Lake Serene, 1 apt at OWH and one at F.O.M.A. The appartments are mostly used for Storage, but the houses are furnished(although not camparable with Nadie's art of work).

Currently my 2 apts and the Atlas Haven house is for sale, due to some new investment, but if I raise the peds I need from my other items I'll keep the estates.

Hi I have 2 apartments on Caly and Rocktropia and I use them both as decorated apartments. I am on Rocktropia mostly these days, but if you happen to come drop me an IM you can come see my decorated apartment.

I am a wanderer, but I have apartment on FOMA (Beta North 16F) that serves as my home base, decorated with odd stuff from over the years. Functionally, it's the only place I can setup mannequins to display clothing sets. Emotionally, I find it grounding when I stop by - still in game, but away from it too.

Peace, Miles

Sold all my appartements long time ago, used it as additional storage mainly, never as a real appartment.

Still have my apartment on monria and they're great! But the lack of development from Mindark in social aspect of the game and the bugs are annoying (many item in apartment that don't work anymore, some chairs where you really have a hard time to can sit on...etc).

I wish Mindark would focus again on the idea of the game and all what they have promiss they would do, not just make the loot more bad :laugh:

I am a wanderer, but I have apartment on FOMA (Beta North 16F) that serves as my home base, decorated with odd stuff from over the years. Functionally, it's the only place I can setup mannequins to display clothing sets. Emotionally, I find it grounding when I stop by - still in game, but away from it too.

Peace, Miles

What he said :wise: I keep my apartment on Ark as a zen place. May sell someday, but not for now:king:

Back