Help: (Please take a moment to read) Bug List / potential solutions to be passed to M.A.

Starkiller

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Bendak Starkiller Mandalore
Disclaimer: This is in no way a rant or anything, as I really do enjoy this game for it's content and potentials and the objective with this thread is to group up the stuff and do our part, to which I appeal for your good and reasonable sense to post relevant and constructive posts;

Greetings,

While I may not be anyone of significant social value in the community or an uber veteran at the game, I feel as though somethig had to be done and written in order to appeal to MindArk's attention into resolving the current issues within the game, seeing as they have been stockpiling for as long as I remember, and some being fixed without any forewarning or requested feedback.
Out of the many reasons over the years to make this thread, which stockpiled and got forgotten, I recenty was involved in a CLD sale that went wrong for my end on the auction. Yes, I too was one of those "idiots" who put the wrong price on the auctioneer, and suffered the consequence. Luckily for me (very might I add), the person who won them, was an Ingame friend of mine, whose name I will only divulge is he provides me his permission, and out of the good will of his heart, he reversed the trade, with not attachments. My sincere THANK YOU to him, and I hope more people solve the issue like he did.
This was the main reason why It led me to create this thread, as I do believe this mechanic is wrongly implemented, and subconsciously makes people create errors, due to it's nature. I am talking about the order system, in which buy orders are set at "per unit price" and sell orders are for "all units price". There are more reasons of course, like the player content signs not working at 100% eficiency. Some of them however, due to my own complacency, have been forgotten. I am no saint :p

With this said, I would like to ask to all of you, to provide in this thread with bugs you have found, and links to threads with the said bugs described, in order for us to be able to compile a list to be forwarded to MindArk, in whatever form we find best. I cannot say It'll matter much in the overall way of things, meaning it's worth what it's worth. Inaction and complacency however, will get us nowhere, and will not make our gaming experience any better either. I am asking for everyone's help, as I cannot, even with good will, read through a endless stream of threads, to find them all. I am human too, and have work to attend to hehe.

Also worth mentioning that I would also like to compile a suggestion list, for the various professions and other "small things" we see day to day that are someway broken.

Bug List:
Code:
[B]Bug List:[/B]
[LIST]
[*]Player content signs are not working to full extent:
-Almost all options in the ad creation are broken, including preview of pre-uploaded items, and ad effect;
[*]Wall Glitches:
-All walls seem to have some parameters messed up in which they do not allow to select items near them, this glitch seems to be related to the Televator bug, as it appeared at the same time, and has the same description;
[*]Televator Glitch:
-Must be related to the Wall glith in which the televator is inacessible without using action library to work around it;
[*]Display Areas in Malls Glitch:
-There seems to be an invisible wall around the display areas in shopping malls, which make it impossible to access the shopkeepers set up in them, without using the action library to reach them;
[*][URL="https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?243507-Bugs-and-design-flaws-in-space-or-impacting-gaming-in-space"]Space bug list[/URL], by John Black Knight:
-Took the liberty to add this one, and I hope the author does not mind;
[*]Exiting vehicle bug;
-Sometimes, when a person leaves a vehicle at very near ground range, and at some times even on ground range, they get killed due to faulty height mechanics;
[*]Equipping Harrier armor (and i'm sure there are others) removes coats, etc:
-Then there is equip fee when you switch armor and want to put coat back on. Should be coat is still equipped but not visible if they don't want that or it doesn't look right.
[*]Friend List:
-People not showing up on it, etc.;
[*]Pets:
-Falling over "dead" animation;
[*]Trades:
-Something stops them from going through a lot - I can't even tell what is wrong there, but they often don't work;
[*]Sound:
-Duhh fix Arkadia sound issues and fix many of the RT sounds (like the Kong pets);
[*]correct sizes of some items in inventory:
-Melee amps for one.. way too big;
[*]LAG:
-It still is an issue. it's better, but really back to the way it was awhile ago IMO. It still is the cause for a lot of problems - disconnects are frequent, areas sometimes inaccessible, instances not accessible, FAILED messages during shooting, etc. After images and other avatar graphic bugs (floating items, avatar bobs around);
[*]Mob location on daily missions are sometimes incorrect:
-Could be typo - says east when it should say west, etc;
[*]Mission starter NPC's:
-Some missions cannot update properly as a result of these NPC's not responding and/or causing system errors when talking to them;
[/LIST]

Suggestions List:
Code:
[B]Suggestions List:[/B]
[LIST]
[*]Change the Auction Buy Order / Sell Order system:
-It subconsciously makes people do mistakes that would, with a better implemented system, not happen as often, solutions to this could be to look into other games, and how they deal with their trading systems;
[*]Make safe zone around Space Stations much larger:
-It is simply too easy to patrol the tiny areas in which people enter/exit into lootable space;
[*]Ability to remove items that are too low in value and not tradeable to TT:
-I assume this is referring to items that are gained through the packages sold in the webshop, and other "soulbound" items;
[*]Make clear descriptions or a symbol for what is lootable in space:
-They are often changed and there is so much people are just not sure of;
[*]Ability to toggle ship summon notifications:
-In order to allow being in multiple high traffic ships without being annoyed constantly with the summon message;
[*]Decrease mob evades:
-Many are saying they still get a lot and often several in a row on even small mobs, even though it has been told that they were lowered already;
[*]Increase daily tokens that are rewarded for daily mining:
-As is they are way to hard to only obtain 2 tokens;
[/LIST]

With this said, I thank you for taking the time to read through the block of text, and hope that you find some courage in you to remember and describe bugs or suggestions that you have or may have had, this included previous bug lists too! :)

In terms of the way this will be forwarded to MindArk, well, I guess it's up to everyone to decide, not just me. My suggestion would be an open letter with the lists included, and a mass submission of support tickets (hehe) but yeah that's just me thinking out loud.

Again, thank you for reading.

Last edited:
In terms of the way this will be forwarded to MindArk, well, I guess it's up to everyone to decide, not just me. My suggestion would be an open letter with the lists included, and a mass submission of support tickets (hehe) but yeah that's just me thinking out loud.

After a week or two, send a concise version to Mindark for their consideration. Remember their first language isn't English and their time is limited, so if they read a lot of "Auction Improvement" suggestion support cases they may consider it important enough to improve the "selling X CLD for 1 CLD price" issue.

Or at least give it some thought, hopefully - the interface was never designed for multiple items to be sold in this way (eg 10 identical blueprints sold in bulk) :)

After a week or two, send a concise version to Mindark for their consideration. Remember their first language isn't English and their time is limited, so if they read a lot of "Auction Improvement" suggestion support cases they may consider it important enough to improve the "selling X CLD for 1 CLD price" issue.

Or at least give it some thought, hopefully - the interface was never designed for multiple items to be sold in this way (eg 10 identical blueprints sold in bulk) :)

Yep hopefully after some time we will be able to compile a nice list to be sent. And about the native language i can ask someone who speaks their mother tongue to translate it, I am sure it won't be hard to do so.

Yep hopefully after some time we will be able to compile a nice list to be sent. And about the native language i can ask someone who speaks their mother tongue to translate it, I am sure it won't be hard to do so.

Do bear in mind the only official stats that Mindark will probably accept (with some rare exceptions) will be support cases.

When 100's of support cases come in about lag, disconnects, things not working properly etc, they get raised in prority. As example, lag seems to be fixed past 2 weeks for me, even during the Swedish holiday period.

It may be that the support staff like Ulf and Hank peruse the forum, but the "higher up's" may not.

I think every valid support case is worth raising, because I read somewhere that for every 1 complaint raised with a company, there will be 9 others that "dont consider it worth doing". Any company that doesn't take a close look at complaint feedback is missing a trick. Praise is always nice, but fixing complaints is where the money is.

Entropia wouldn't be around as long as it has been if they didn't address problems and fix things when they could do, quickly.

I was thinking if you had to actually manually remove the peds from your card to pay at the auction that may solve a few over bids.
Even if people get in the habit of removing everything from their card to pay for a few sales they will still have to split it to pay the right amount.

Just a thought.

EDIT: wouldn't solve the listing at the wrong value issue but its a start on the accidental over bid issue.

In regards to this over bidding issue it would be easier to use a secondary currency specially for auctions (Like auction tokens) and a ped auction fee

bumping it up to raise awareness and to add the shopkeeper glitch in malls, where you cant access them in the display areas due to the wall bug.

Is this a confirmed error?
ERROR

Thanks for clearing it out in order to assess if its worth putting on the list.

Added the leaving vehicle damage bug :)

Please, if you find any threads or posts with confirmed bugs, exploits, and/or have suggestions, feel free to write down here or PM me about them... Thank you for the cooperation.

Fix the mission starter NPC's.

Some missions cannot update properly as a result of these NPC's not responding and/or causing system errors when talking to them.

Here is my first try at this (and thank you so much for getting it going and let me know if i can support it in the future)

I want to concentrate on fixes and not suggestions, but more suggestions are coming to mind:

Bugs:
*Friend List. (people not showing up on it, that is still happening right?)
*Pets - falling over "dead" animation
*Exiting vehicles - sometimes you pop out the top at high elevation and take fall damage.
*Trades - something stops them from going through a lot - I can't even tell what is wrong there, but they often don't work.
*Sound - duhh fix Arkadia sound issues and fix many of the RT sounds (like the Kong pets)
*correct sizes of some items in inventory - Melee amps for one.. way too big.
LAG - it still is an issue - it's better, but really back to the way it was awhile ago IMO. It still is the cause for a lot of problems - disconnects are frequent, areas sometimes inaccessible, instances not accessible, FAILED messages during shooting, etc. After images and other avatar graphic bugs (floating items, avatar bobs around)
*Mob location on daily missions are sometimes incorrect (could be typo - says east when it should say west, etc)

Suggestions:
*Make safe zone around Space Stations much larger. It is simply too easy to patrol the tiny areas in which people enter/exit into lootable space.
*Ability to remove items that are too low in value and not tradeable to TT. ( only a couple that I know of)
*Make clear descriptions or a symbol for what is lootable in space - they change this often and there is so much people are just not sure of.
*Ability to toggle ship summon notifications -
*Ability to not use Universal Ammo for mindforce chips (I don't want to use my weapon ammo when using my heal chips)
*Decrease mob evades ( I thought they did this- but many are saying they still get a lot - and often several in a row on even small mobs)
*Equipping Harrier armor (and i'm sure there are others) removes coats, etc. Then you there is equip fee when you switch armor and want to put coat back on. Should be coat is still equipped but not visible if they don't want that or it doesn't look right.
*Increase daily tokens that are rewarded for daily mining. As is they are way to hard to only obtain 2 tokens...

I'll stop there until I think of some more good ones.

Fix the mission starter NPC's.

Some missions cannot update properly as a result of these NPC's not responding and/or causing system errors when talking to them.

Yep forgot about this one, I will add it to the list later today, seems some npcs are bugged and do not allow the missions to be completed properly. If you could make a thread where you explain it to detail with examples on whats happening would be awesome :)

Here is my first try at this (and thank you so much for getting it going and let me know if i can support it in the future)

I want to concentrate on fixes and not suggestions, but more suggestions are coming to mind:

Bugs:
*Friend List. (people not showing up on it, that is still happening right?)
*Pets - falling over "dead" animation
*Exiting vehicles - sometimes you pop out the top at high elevation and take fall damage.
*Trades - something stops them from going through a lot - I can't even tell what is wrong there, but they often don't work.
*Sound - duhh fix Arkadia sound issues and fix many of the RT sounds (like the Kong pets)
*correct sizes of some items in inventory - Melee amps for one.. way too big.
LAG - it still is an issue - it's better, but really back to the way it was awhile ago IMO. It still is the cause for a lot of problems - disconnects are frequent, areas sometimes inaccessible, instances not accessible, FAILED messages during shooting, etc. After images and other avatar graphic bugs (floating items, avatar bobs around)
*Mob location on daily missions are sometimes incorrect (could be typo - says east when it should say west, etc)

Suggestions:
*Make safe zone around Space Stations much larger. It is simply too easy to patrol the tiny areas in which people enter/exit into lootable space.
*Ability to remove items that are too low in value and not tradeable to TT. ( only a couple that I know of)
*Make clear descriptions or a symbol for what is lootable in space - they change this often and there is so much people are just not sure of.
*Ability to toggle ship summon notifications -
*Ability to not use Universal Ammo for mindforce chips (I don't want to use my weapon ammo when using my heal chips)
*Decrease mob evades ( I thought they did this- but many are saying they still get a lot - and often several in a row on even small mobs)
*Equipping Harrier armor (and i'm sure there are others) removes coats, etc. Then you there is equip fee when you switch armor and want to put coat back on. Should be coat is still equipped but not visible if they don't want that or it doesn't look right.
*Increase daily tokens that are rewarded for daily mining. As is they are way to hard to only obtain 2 tokens...

I'll stop there until I think of some more good ones.

Thanks for the compilation! The more the merrier. I will review them all and add them later today when I have more spare time ;)

I believe if we all make an effort to find and explain the glitches in threads and stuff, it'll be easier to confirm them and have them fixed, I hope there's more people with this idea, and you seem one of them :) So keep them coming!

As for support, what you just did should be more than enough!, just keep recording the glitches you find and suggestions that arise, and complement them with properly written arguements, so that it's easier for me to read, and further down the road, pass down on the solution to send to M.A.

Taking the reply to bump the thread! Will be updated tonight.

And again, thank you guys so far for pulling the effort :)

Yep and thank you.
Also after playing a bit - I got this one again

*Bug*
Using auto-tool and then the item gets "stuck" and keeps trying to use it over and over. Only fix I know if is if you open your inventory and press the button to stop using tool.

List is updated :)

One of those suggestions seemed like a personal suggestion rather than a generalized solution so i didn't keep it there :) If you guys redundancies in the list lemme know and show me, as this might become a bit big :p

Yep forgot about this one, I will add it to the list later today, seems some npcs are bugged and do not allow the missions to be completed properly. If you could make a thread where you explain it to detail with examples on whats happening would be awesome :)

Planet Calypso

Mad Prophet is non responsive.

The same with many NPC's in Port Atlantis due to changes made a few years ago. I'm surprised they weren't fixed or properly updated by the time I joined EU a couple months ago. :scratch2:

Next Island

There are two missions where I have to gather supplies and give them to a NPC for an award. After I gathered the supplies needed to trade, I get a system error every time I clicked on the NPC. One of them is Dr. Tom Shepherd.

Planet Cyrene

Getting Battle Ready Mission is bugged. According to the dialog box, I have to buy a S.I Scorpion from the Trade Terminal before I can proceed further. There is no S.I Scorpion at the TT. :confused:

That is all I had experienced so far...

Hope that clears up a bit...

Planet Calypso

Mad Prophet is non responsive.

The same with many NPC's in Port Atlantis due to changes made a few years ago. I'm surprised they weren't fixed or properly updated by the time I joined EU a couple months ago. :scratch2:

Next Island

There are two missions where I have to gather supplies and give them to a NPC for an award. After I gathered the supplies needed to trade, I get a system error every time I clicked on the NPC. One of them is Dr. Tom Shepherd.

Planet Cyrene

Getting Battle Ready Mission is bugged. According to the dialog box, I have to buy a S.I Scorpion from the Trade Terminal before I can proceed further. There is no S.I Scorpion at the TT. :confused:

That is all I had experienced so far...

Hope that clears up a bit...

Taking the chance to thank you for the descriptions and to bump this thread up.

If you fid any bugs or have any suggestions that you'd like to be divulged, please do so.

Bumping it up to see if anyone has anything to add :)

Bumping this up for awareness :) I didn't forget my intentions of divulging this to MA, but have been absent from playing for a while due to RL reasons.

Bumping this up as im unable to play the game for some time.

If you have any suggestions or bug reports you'd like to add, please do so, so that I can compile them into the list.
I will be reading the official bug thread as soon as I can to complete it.

Thank you for your time :)

One bump to the top for older thread :) I still intend to add more issues to the list aswell as update whatever has been fixed since.

As a hunter I hate the wierd crab walk/backpeddle that your avatar does when using the "next target" feature and then attack. Rather than turn around and face the mob, your avatar walks sideways or backwards toward it until in melee range then turns around.

Also would be nice if they fixed the invisible walls. i.e. there is a tiny shrubbery or grass straw poking out and when you try to shoot mobs behind these types of aesthetics you might as well try to shoot past the Great Wall of China.

Regarding the language barrier, in Sweden we are taught English from 3-4th grade. In other words, language shouldn't be an issue as long as the one writing has decent understanding of the English language.

Back