Herman Ark 40 smuggler

jod

Elite
Society
Antipodean Army
Jod Jod Ekul
I may be looking to upgrade soon if it fits my budget so....

Personally I was thinking it might come in around the value of the Spirit MkII as it has a little more DPS but lower eco and a little less range but that's just a guess on my part.

As title says I'm wondering what these go for these days and maybe if anyone knows how many there are would be helpful also....

Thanks.

EDIT:

Just for comparisons sake I've put here what I'm using atm-MKI- plus the MKII and the ARK-40 but I've also added the last blade I was using and I found that eco not that bad.

All weapons are set at T7.

mki-mkii-ark40-stingury.jpg

Last edited:
With Dante it gives bit more dps than Mk2 TEN but much worse eco and slightly less range.

~35k or so?

Reactions: jod
With Dante it gives bit more dps than Mk2 TEN but much worse eco and slightly less range.

~35k or so?

Eco difference is pretty huge, I would rather have normal Spirit Mk I then this so I say between 10-14k seeing that some high tiered Spirit Mk I's seems to be around 14-18k.

most ark smuggler guns are so friggin rare that you high likely won't get one, because only 1 or 2 exist of each, and the current owners rather keep them. i know, it's a pity, as many would love to own one too!

Thanks for the responses so far.....

~35k or so?

Thats about where i was thinking.

Eco difference is pretty huge, I would rather have normal Spirit Mk I then this so I say between 10-14k seeing that some high tiered Spirit Mk I's seems to be around 14-18k.

Already got one and I do love it but comparing the MKII with the MKI its not that much of an improvement for double or more of the price.

most ark smuggler guns are so friggin rare that you high likely won't get one, because only 1 or 2 exist of each, and the current owners rather keep them. i know, it's a pity, as many would love to own one too!

This is what I was most worried about.
EDIT: Interesting what you said in rep message though I'm not completely surprised.

I guess my next question is for something being cycled around 1-2k at maximum a day is that .1 eco loss really all that much considering the blade was .06 less then the MKI I have now and I really don't notice all that much difference in my day to day hunting.

The Herman does have the advantage of using a bigger amp but I'm not really interested in upgrading the amp as well.

I just noticed The Assasin R150 T8+Dante is only 2.84 eco anyway so :dunno:

Last edited:
There is only 1, it was event prize, currently T9 maybe t10 now. I was the original owner current owner selena Lena green

There is only 1, it was event prize, currently T9 maybe t10 now. I was the original owner current owner selena Lena green

Ahh ok thanks mate.
So what your saying is don't get too excited about it or loot my own? :wise:

Ark 40 and 50 never dropped in loot but David swears they can

I was really hoping I could find an SIB BLP rifle over 100dps (with amp and tiers)-without using an (L) amp- but the MKII comes close at T10+Dante.

So I can dream about the smuggler at least :laugh:

Last edited:
Why not invest in imp evil? This would be better eco then ark40... 3 years ago I'd said I wanted the ark40(had cb26).
Now I wouldnt own either one! You will notice that eco and range... I just think theirs better options out their imo.

Arkon

Thanks for that mate...
I borrowed a CB-26 (UNL) a while back and I loved it and I mean loved it but that's back when my best option for BLP rifle was an Apis (rip) so I'm really not sure how that would compare with the Spirit MKI I'm using now.
CB-26 worse range,worse eco but an extra 10 DPS so :scratch2:

And as for the Imp Evil,I really didnt want to add to the cost of the upgrade buy having to buy another amp as well.

What better options where you thinking of for a lvl60 hunter?

UNL Bucketful?
Enigma L4?
both better dps and fairly cheap with way better eco the ark 40

Get yourself an arson ten. I'm currently using a spirit mk.i with a tier 6 arson and the combo kicks ass. You'd get that extra dps for 9-12k depending on tier.

Thank you both for the input....

The bucketful is an interesting option.
I'm a couple levels short of using the Enigma.
In the past almost 9 years the only MF I've skilled is TP and a bit of Bio-for deadspeak-so the Arso is out(dmg is high enough but hit is nowhere near it)

The biggest issue with those options is they have half the range of the MKII.
If I wasn't worried about range I'd just go back to the blade is was using is it has higher damage than all of them.
Out of those options the MKII also has the best eco at T7 with a Dante,not by much and anything over 2.9 is acceptable anyway.

You've given me something to think about though so thanks.

I guess my next question is exactly how much DPS does the Arso ten chip add?

Depends the tier... And its a supplement to your gun not a big deal for someone with t10 MM... A big deal for a callous 7 lol

Depends the tier... And its a supplement to your gun not a big deal for someone with t10 MM... A big deal for a callous 7 lol

OK thanks,looks like I need to do some research ;)

I guess my next question is exactly how much DPS does the Arso ten chip add?

I use a tier 6 version at the moment and you're looking at around an additional 40 dps average, bringing that Spirit you shoot from around 80 dps to 120, a big difference that really shows when you're hunting bigger mobs. That's not to mention when you crit up to 800 or 900 damage over your 10 seconds. Pretty sweet! The highest I've seen so far has been 970. So the cost ends up being about the same as any other 40 dps weapon, maybe a little higher, but then again it is secondary damage. Any chip higher than tier 4 is highly recommended and worth the ped imo. A lower tier than that just means it will take some time tiering it up to a respectable level.

As far as the skills to use the Arso III Ten, it's really not all that much. 200-300 ped give or take ought to get you there or ofc it really doesn't take all that long to skill to 25 to get that sucker maxed. They come really fast after that and you start using it regularly. It's a good option that you can take from main weapon to weapon for a long time, +1 from me.

I use a tier 6 version at the moment and you're looking at around an additional 40 dps average, bringing that Spirit you shoot from around 80 dps to 120, a big difference that really shows when you're hunting bigger mobs. That's not to mention when you crit up to 800 or 900 damage over your 10 seconds. Pretty sweet! The highest I've seen so far has been 970. So the cost ends up being about the same as any other 40 dps weapon, maybe a little higher, but then again it is secondary damage. Any chip higher than tier 4 is highly recommended and worth the ped imo. A lower tier than that just means it will take some time tiering it up to a respectable level.

As far as the skills to use the Arso III Ten, it's really not all that much. 200-300 ped give or take ought to get you there or ofc it really doesn't take all that long to skill to 25 to get that sucker maxed. They come really fast after that and you start using it regularly. It's a good option that you can take from main weapon to weapon for a long time, +1 from me.

Thats great info thanks.

An extra 40dps is really all I need and will out do the MKII anyway.

I guess in the mean time I better drag out those dusty old (L) chips clogging up storage and do some skilling.

I'll do my best to get over to Caly and catch up with you tomorrow,must spread rep blah blah.....

EDIT: I just remembered I've also got a first gen combustive IV that a friend loaned me years ago which I've barely used,should probably add that for tagging as well.

Last edited:
So I've added Arso and Combustive to the set up (nooby ones) and the levels are moving fast enough atm.

Couple things though....

Arso misses suck :tongue2:
And even though the SIB runs out at lvl 12 on the Arso II I'm still only 6.8 on the hit at lvl 13.15,That seems a bit rough.

But the combo could be fun when the skills improve.

Last edited:
Back