Question: About vehicles purchase

Lago

Lago
Hi, I've been looking for how to purchase vehicles but even by searching everywhere I could, apparently there's no way of Buying vehicles to a certain place/shop.

Is the only way crafting them?

You can find lots of vehicles on the Auction House.

Did you try auction? :)

Or find the noob oil rig at orthos, someone might be willing to sell you a used vehicle

Most planets like Calypso, Arkadia, Rocktropia, Cyrene have some mission for starter vehicles, others most are crafed very few looted (ex:U.F.O.).

Like others said just try the auction, under Items > Vehicles. You could also trying looking around at shops if you don't want to use the auction, but you'll just have to go in each one and check the shopkeeper since there's no way to search them all like there is on the auction.

Thanks for your answers, I'll try with auctions even if it takes time to understand how it works to not have bad surprises. My first Valkyrie offered during the tutorial got wrecked by creatures while exploring.. well too far, too fast I guess. The pity is that it cannot be repaired neither sold. It's a good lesson hehe.
Is it the same with other vehicles or can I repair a bought one in case of crash, for example let's say a helicopter or a VTO? (my dream for mining!)

Thanks for your answers, I'll try with auctions even if it takes time to understand how it works to not have bad surprises. My first Valkyrie offered during the tutorial got wrecked by creatures while exploring.. well too far, too fast I guess. The pity is that it cannot be repaired neither sold. It's a good lesson hehe.
Is it the same with other vehicles or can I repair a bought one in case of crash, for example let's say a helicopter or a VTO? (my dream for mining!)

If your vehicle has run out of TT you can't repair or use it anymore. Broken vehicles are very good storage boxes btw.

If your vehicle has TT but it has blown up (it looks like a black mess wreck) you can repair it and use it, since the only thing that was damaged is the SI (Structural Integrity).

The SI can be repaired, the TT cannot unless it's an unlimited vehicle (no (L) in the name).

Now, check your vehicle. If it has TT value left you can use a Vehicle RK-5 (L) + Welding Wire to repair it. If you don't have one and/or don't have the funds to use it you can go to Twin Peaks or Camp Icarus and ask for somebody else to do it for you, it's usually free.

If you still can't for whatever reason send me a PM ingame and I'll come repair it for you.

Cheers.

PS: My advice? get a Sleipnir Mk1 (L). They last forever. I still have the first one I bought years ago at 95% TT.

Was it Arcadia that you could complete a noob mission chain and get a hoverpod? I think that's how I got mine, and I love it. It's free, and it can traverse land or water, as long as it's mostly flat terrain. It'll get damaged if you tumble it over some rocks or down a cliff, obviously.

I agree that you can have a vehicle for a very long time if you're careful running/flying it, not bumping into buildings or trees or mountains and stuff and generally driving like an alcoholic after party-night. Also, you want to avoid mobs because they can attack your vehicle, which causes damage that can't be repaired.

Back