Caly or Calypso channels empty ??

garci

Old Alpha
Society
NBK
garci bogus more
why ?
arkadia and rock has good living channels, so why not caly ?
of course not speaking of calytrade which is very active

Last edited:
Most likely because they are full of people who-
-are asking where, what, and how questions, or
-don't belong to a soc, or
-do belong to a soc but 90% of their socmates are on Calypso.

Just my guess.

Most likely because they are full of people who-
-are asking where, what, and how questions, or
-don't belong to a soc, or
-do belong to a soc but 90% of their socmates are on Calypso.

Just my guess.

or

B. Play well with others.

well you two don't help me
i want to have this channel active
don't know how tho
maybe talking about it here ;)
would be fun to have a caly active channel, with sometimes caly officials during the events like in arkadia

well you two don't help me
i want to have this channel active
don't know how tho
maybe talking about it here ;)
would be fun to have a caly active channel, with sometimes caly officials during the events like in arkadia

It is Calypso, not Arkadia, some things you cannot change. Good luck finding an official to log in more than once per year on Calypso. :(

Besides..... you can claim rookie chat for Calypso, I think many of the Arkadians have turned it off.
:lolup:

or

B. Play well with others.

Could be :laugh:

There definitely is a bit of a "pioneering spirit" on other planets. But the flip-side of that is that players who spend most of their time on other planets have a need to draw in more players in order to build and maintain an economy. Thus, there is an incentive to be more helpful and welcoming, whether anybody realizes it or not.

Aside from that, it is really easy to find information on Calypso. Between Entropedia and PCF, you can find out virtually anything you need to know about Calypso. The other planets just don't have that level of information available. Arkadia comes close, though.

I guess that when you really think about it, PCF is the Calypso chat channel. ;)

I popped into Rookie chat last night and it was just awful. To be fair Arkadia chat was almost as bad which was unusual. I dread to think what an active Calypso chat would be like especially if any official or member of the dev team dared to drop in to chat!

the calypsoadvisors channel has kinda officials in it, but not many players go in there and even less are active in there - partly probably because advisors were just announced for early noob stages - they could be so much more.

they could be so much more.

like dry your tears with hitchhiker's towel when you've lost too many ped, or mindark ignored and closed your most recent support case? i agree! :yup:

why ?
arkadia and rock has good living channels, so why not caly ?
of course not speaking of calytrade which is very active

Rock/Ark there is a need for the channels, as they are quiet.

Caly, no need. Can find out everything, buy anything from simply asking the guy next too me.

Caly, no need. Can find out everything, buy anything from simply asking the guy next too me.

Kinda my thoughts on the matter. On Calypso there are many inhabitants who spend 99% of their time there. They speak in local/soc/trade (inc#trade) and the like.

The usefulness of the universal chats is the ability to use them no matter where you are. The inhabitants of the other planets tend to be a bit more transient, so their home hub channel is a useful way for them to stay connected with planets of their choosing.

Similarly when a planet has less inhabitants, a universal channel where all can chat regardless of current location, would have a tendency to be used more - which is it :)

Similarly when a planet has less inhabitants, a universal channel where all can chat regardless of current location, would have a tendency to be used more - which is it :)

yep, seems the case, at least there's #waveevents which is used a bit for caly
for us french there's #canal_france which is active too, as i'm a very talkative player i like channels ;)

Back