Please fix teleportation in space

ZPF

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Zelos 'Playboy' Fargen
Been killed in space 70% of the way to FOMA from Monria, and I get ported back to Monria. Several times.

Seems like MA is going out of their way to support pirates, or maybe to support warp services? Or this is just a bug they are too lazy to fix.

FOMA and Monria are on different server squares on the Space map.
You can't have crossed the server barrier.
It's not a bug.

FOMA and Monria are on different server squares on the Space map.
You can't have crossed the server barrier.
It's not a bug.

yes it is. It has happened that people who have died on the Caly station server have revived on my ship on the Zeus server rather than in Caly station which they should have done.

I've noticed that relogging sets you back about 2AU which makes crashes quite annoying and the reason I only use warps nowadays. Guessing it's there to prevent exploits.

But that shouldn't have any impact on your destination when you get killed.

I've noticed that relogging sets you back about 2AU which makes crashes quite annoying

I guess the reason for this is that the crash happens after a significant time of no server response, which leads to disjuncture of client and server states. When you re-synchronize, you are reset to the state last known by the server. Just like the rubberband effect you see on planet also sometimes, but evidently it can draw out longer in space.

Monria space server (approximately):
monriaspace_server_area.jpg

View image in gallery
(Drawn by free hand, not the exact server border.)

It's pretty much the space between Monria and Calypso until you get Close enough to Calypso to land. If you die within the area you'll get sent to the space station in the area (=Monria).

What MA has done, is to move the space stations out to the corners of the space map, probably to discourage use of "T" (well, relogs) for "fast space travel".

yes it is. It has happened that people who have died on the Caly station server have revived on my ship on the Zeus server rather than in Caly station which they should have done.

Ship revival is Another "beast". If you've been after being aboard a big ship you will revive there, but dunno how that applies to server borders. Maybe this can happen if you die Before performing any action in the calypso space server area such as enter space station area or cross space server border or attempt to land on planet, or maybe lag?

Last edited:
Monria space server (approximately):
(Drawn by free hand, not the exact server border.)

It's pretty much the space between Monria and Calypso until you get Close enough to Calypso to land. If you die within the area you'll get sent to the space station in the area (=Monria).

What MA has done, is to move the space stations out to the corners of the space map, probably to discourage use of "T" (well, relogs) for "fast space travel".

Ship revival is Another "beast". If you've been after being aboard a big ship you will revive there, but dunno how that applies to server borders. Maybe this can happen if you die Before performing any action in the calypso space server area such as enter space station area or cross space server border or attempt to land on planet, or maybe lag?

So if I leave FOMA and die within that yellow box, I will be ported to Monria? That still seems like "fast space travel" to me.

So if I leave FOMA and die within that yellow box, I will be ported to Monria? That still seems like "fast space travel" to me.

If you want to go to Monria, yes. But this is kind of the exception.

If you want to go (fly by yourself to save TP fee) from Monria or Rocktropia (to Calypso), no. A case if you are in a hurry could be to fly from RTSS to Monria SS border and "T" to arrive at Monria and use pay TP to calypso - but this would be if you're willing to pay TP fee.

I think very few people originate their flights from FOMA enroute to Monria; the biggest likelyhood someone would leave Foma to fly to Monria would be if you were originally going from Calypso but was shot down in space, flying from Calypso space station.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZPF
That makes sense.

Seems like the mapping is designed to encourage TP fees and warp flights more than anything then. These so-called "server barriers" are not balanced at all.

Back