New meaning for the terms "Legendary" and "Epic"?

Rumsponge

Elite
Ben Rumsponge Rumson
A month or two ago, I was pretty excited to get both an "Epic" Panda and a "Legendary" Fido pet from opening boxes. A couple weeks later, everybody in the universe has 12 of them and people are paying you to take them.

Is this some new usage for the terms "Epic" and "Legendary"? Maybe they mean something else in Swedish? :scratch2:

In games these days, they are mostly used to designate various value classes (value of item) of items instead of what common sense would dictate with how rare they are.

In the old days of classic mmos like everquest1.. an epic took you months and sometimes being in a queue for one quest part because it was only available every 2 to 3 weeks. In early days of wow, legendaries were pretty much unique.

Now everyone gets epics or mythicals because that's what keeps people playing grindy games.. having sweet gear. Somewhere psychologically we don't care how rare items are if we can say they are legendary or mythical... makes our avatars feel special even when they are average.

Next will be super duper....?

Yes, in Swedish "Legendary" means "Stupid".

i can imagine alot boxes have been opened tho, the odds could be 50,000/1 or something (therefore high) but the sheer number of boxes have pulled loads, and considering most players aren't interested in pets atm most would be sold.

imo the boxes should now be edition 2 with new items, this would stop more dropping and the value would rise again

In defense of MA I have to say that nobody, not even them probably, expected the sheer amount of boxes that were (are) opened.

imho

If serves of consolation "not everbody" have one, I don't and ofc never will. Someone tried to trade me an atrox for a eletric chip III (L). Silly person...

If they're Skyrim players then legendary and epic are both levels or item. Not much different to the alpha / old alpha of EU, I guess it's meant for players with little or no EU experience.

I will be making a thread soon about how a supposed rare box item devalued 10000Ped in the space of a month thanks to MindArk dropping them like crazy. I have lost 14000K in a month on devaluation of items. Not fucking happy at all!

I will be making a thread soon about how a supposed rare box item devalued 10000Ped in the space of a month thanks to MindArk dropping them like crazy. I have lost 14000K in a month on devaluation of items. Not fucking happy at all!

14,000,000 ped?

Did you buy every ring that dropped or did you intend to write 14k?

Either way is bad, but must've been 14k as I suspect we would have heard about an incident in Sweden if it had been 14 million. :laugh:

Either way, it sucks.

Either way is bad, but must've been 14k as I suspect we would have heard about an incident in Sweden if it had been 14 million. :laugh:

Either way, it sucks.

nah 14k is nothing. That is just one ring bought at day 1 :)

Is this some new usage for the terms "Epic" and "Legendary"? Maybe they mean something else in Swedish? :scratch2:

WTS 'Epic' vibrant sweat and 'Legendary' vibrant sweat, 100 ped per K! :dunce:

Just wait until they implement the other accessories that they have planned. I can't wait for the Legendary Prince Albert.. with 20% extra range, 20% increased speed, and -20% trauma mitigation.

And ofc.. I'm sure you mean 14k.

WTS 'Epic' vibrant sweat and 'Legendary' vibrant sweat, 100 ped per K! :dunce:

Do you use unique empty sweat bottles to fill in with essence or just super rare mystic empty paint cans?

Even some legendary turned into common after a VU.
I trainned a legendary for months and months, one morning he was changed to common!

Just wait until they implement the other accessories that they have planned. I can't wait for the Legendary Prince Albert.. with 20% extra range, 20% increased speed, and -20% trauma mitigation.

And ofc.. I'm sure you mean 14k.

We need more jamming so new Ass Plate will have 60% to jamming, 60% to Decoy Dispenser and 60% to human/animal/mutant/robot/technology investigator.
We can call it "Legendary" because we have so many jamming skill giving mobs that it is for sure something legendary.
As for dead professions too, its a legend, nobody is really sure if existed.

Last edited:
Back