Too many think this game is just about gambling.

[Globals]: Whining Skeptic Aboard manufactured an item (Explosive Projectiles) worth 9638 PED! A record has been added to the Hall of Fame.

gz:D

Seem to be popular HOF's today.

Anyone need any Skildek Lancehead (L) ? :)

Ah.. all this explosive gambling to produce ammo with no mu at the quantity produced and generating residue in a saturated market to try to hit the big one.. using materials not created by any activity in the game.. not the hunter who spent hours killing mobs likely at a loss for oils and wools and condition crafters would use to have fun with conductors.. or the miner who painfully spends hours measuring circles on a chart or on a program to pull up a meager claim definitely at a loss (76.4% tt for me last month) for the condition crafter to use huge quantities of minerals for worthless scopes. Yea.. it truly is fucked up.

I guess the game truly is about gambling now not because that's the core of the game but because that's what everyone does because it is easy. Just click the TT.. buy at higher quantities (more than regular ammo I might add) per click and spin the wheel.

And this coming from a guy who actually ATH'd on explosives. I crafted it because.. of being on tilt. Something that happens often.. when.. you guessed it! Gambling

ok so I'll post some screenies tomorrow, I hit big in the start and it only went downhill from there. the video turned out to be a "why u shouldnt keep on going after hitting something" instead of I'll show to you that you'll break even if you keep going long enough :p after 2 hours I were almost 15k+ but I kep crafting for another 10 hours or so and I think I'm down about 20-30k now.

at around the 8 hour mark I was back to where I started so I've lost alot of peds in the past few hours.

Just got my first global from explosives and I crafted a lot when they game out (made a fortune selling those BP's from them till the value dropped and I stopped).

Seems you're making the rest of us some cash at least.

He hit a 6K HOF shortly after too. I assume Full Condition

Myupp.

Interesting stats;

Tonight I have crafted some random crap. Hofs I got were 2x 1k, 1x 6k and 1x 9k. Other interesting stuff was a 1200 PED BP (MU).

I ended up about +2,000 after crafting 1,500 clicks of EP IV, 1,000 clicks of Abrer sights, 120 clicks of multiplier BPs (L7 and II Achilles).

Total cycled ~ 65,000 PED. Without the 9k and 6k I would have been at ~75% TT.

Too lazy to do actual math for the numbers, so take em with a grain of salt.

Edit: Woopsie. I lied. I'm about +2k.

Edit2: Lied again. 65k would include markup of multiplier BPs and markup for material. TT return would thus have been higher when compared to TT in. However, I'm going to call that negliable as we are looking at ~2,500 PED markup for materials or so, and about 2.8k for the blueprints. BP prices low at current, so the higher returns from those tend to average the markup out.

Last edited:
after 2 hours I were almost 15k+ but I kep crafting for another 10 hours or so and I think I'm down about 20-30k now.

at around the 8 hour mark I was back to where I started so I've lost alot of peds in the past few hours.

keep going, I'm sure eventually you will break even or profit!

don't let 20-30K loss scare you away from what is a sure thing! :lolup:

remember, it's is definitely not a gamble! pffft

keep going, I'm sure eventually you will break even or profit!

don't let 20-30K loss scare you away from what is a sure thing! :lolup:

remember, it's is definitely not a gamble! pffft

I know, I just don't have time though, I gotta go away for a few days but when I get back I'll continue.

I know, I just don't have time though, I gotta go away for a few days but when I get back I'll continue.

luckily, you can craft AFK, so time shouldn't be an issue...

and since you can only break even or profit, you can just let it run on it's own for a few days, and when you come back you will have a ton of profit! or at least break even! might as well just feed the machine and let it run forever! :yup:

you can't lose! :yay:

Yea just do a 300k ped run over the next 3 days, MA will make sure not to let you crash.

My predictions:

1) OP does an average run and loses some K ped. This thread ends there.

2) He hits a big one by pure luck and is declared the smartest man on the planet. Then he receives a Nobel prize in mathematics and proceeds to marry a top model. This thread will grow to 9001 pages long and win a Pulitzer, a Grammy and 2 Oscars. Popcorn stocks will skyrocket and OP will make millions out of it.

I guess I was right, OP has to "go for a few days".

Maybe you hit number 2 when you are back (pun intended).

I guess I was right, OP has to "go for a few days".

Maybe you hit number 2 when you are back (pun intended).

Yeah all this thread was was a cry for MA to watch and trigger a magic hof...when that didn't work, he wants to wait a "few more days" before he continues....better give MA enough time to see it :)

On this point I want to make one thing clear, because so many people think that rage/sales threads or whining gets you a hof...it doesn't:

The whining, sales threads and the rage quits, (or the ass-kissing praises like this thread), NONE OF IT causes an ATH.

It is the TERRIBLE LOOT preceding any of this that causes BOTH the whining, sales threads and rage quits AND the eventual ATH :D

ok so I'll post some screenies tomorrow, I hit big in the start and it only went downhill from there. the video turned out to be a "why u shouldnt keep on going after hitting something" instead of I'll show to you that you'll break even if you keep going long enough :p after 2 hours I were almost 15k+ but I kep crafting for another 10 hours or so and I think I'm down about 20-30k now.

Judging from your post(s) i thought you knew how to win in this explosives game?

Or was this just a mere cry to you know who?

You guys can speculate all you want, I think it's pretty lame but you do what you have to do to make you feel better. I'll continue crafting and showing you my results when I come back.
I have two appointments tomorrow and gonna see if I can make a third. I'm "written" in one city and living in another so I'm going back to where I've got my mailbox for a few days. first I have to visit the dentist to see if I should get a new tooth because I had to pull one out earlier this summer. I hurt the tooth in a skiing accident when I was little but it wasnt until now that I got an inflammation in the gums and had to remove it. later that day I'm doing a routine check at a hospital because I take Metylfenidat. after that's finished I'm gonna try to see if I can do anything at arbetsförmedlingen, some unemployement thingy that help you find a job :p and I'm since I'm in the town where I have some relaties I'll obviously visit them.
There, Now you know more about me than the most. blabla, Here's the conclusion of the 10 hour crafting. I did craft for another 4 hours but those were much shorter runs so I'll show them to u later. I think I'm down about 20-30k still though but we'll have to see.

First part I did really good. big profit after 2 hours, after that it went downhill and about 8h30mended into the crafting I finished the first run. I had put in 130k and I got out 124.6k as seen on the screen so I lost 5.4K total.
130000_ped_crafting_run.jpg

Second run ~1h30m I lost alot of peds. 27k in and only around 17k out as you can see on the screenshot
27000_ped_crafting_run.jpg

Last edited:
You guys can speculate all you want, I think it's pretty lame but you do what you have to do to make you feel better.
I have two appointments tomorrow and gonna see if I can make a third. I'm "written" in one city and living in another so I'm going back to where I've got my mailbox for a few days. first I have to visit the dentist to see if I should get a new tooth because I had to pull one out earlier this summer. I hurt the tooth in a skiing accident when I was little but it wasnt until now that I got an inflammation in the gums and had to remove it. later that day I'm doing a routine check at a hospital because I take Metylfenidat. after that's finished I'm gonna try to see if I can do anything at arbetsförmedlingen, some unemployement thingy that help you find a job :p and I'm since I'm in the town where I have some relaties I'll obviously visit them.
There, Now you know more about me than the most. blabla, Here's the conclusion of the 10 hour crafting. I did craft for another 4 hours but those were much shorter runs so I'll show them to u later. I think I'm down about 20-30k still though but we'll have to see.

First part I did really good. big profit after 2 hours, after that it went downhill and about 8h30mended into the crafting I finished the first run. I had put in 130k and I got out 124k as seen on the screen so I lost 6K total.
130000_ped_crafting_run.jpg

Second run ~1h30m I lost alot of peds. 27k in and only around 17k out as you can see on the screenshot
27000_ped_crafting_run.jpg

I am sorry but i don't understand you, you start off with a post about how this game isn't about gambling and how you can win and will show it, then you proceed to make a explosive IV run on condition, lost your ass off in the meantime, and wonder why people ask how funny this thread is?

It did indeed not turn out as intended. I was going to be at the point I am now with a big loss and get it back but after a big profit in the 2 first hours I just couldnt loose enough. 10 hours was too short.
I'm not wondering why ppl think the thread is funny, I myself think it is quite funny with my speech in the beginning and everything just turning upside down. And everyone going so crazy on the subject. there are so many emotions from everyone, tbh I like it. it's lively and interesting. I wanted to stirr things up a bit and I feel like I somewhat accomplished it to some point.
I just think that the flaming about what I'm doing irl and that I'm just trolling is a bit strange and I don't understand it. I said I would craft 10 hours and I did. I even did another 4 hours. I'm saying that I'll continue when I come back and I will. Why does it have to be any more to it then that?

Last edited:
It did indeed not turn out as intended. I was going to be at the point I am now with a big loss and get it back but after a big profit in the 2 first hours I just couldnt loose enough.
I'm not wondering why ppl think the thread is funny, I myself think it is quite funny with my speech in the beginning and everything just turning upside down. And everyone going so crazy on the subject. there are so many emotions from everyone, tbh I like it. it's lively and interesting. I wanted to stirr things up a bit and I feel like I somewhat accomplished it to some point.

Sorry it took you 300k~ ped to "stirr" things up. I do doubt any stirring actually happened, you tried something you were certain off but in the end you got F***** in the process, the funny part for me is you think you knew, but you don't know it at all. :)

OP delivers again, rofl
+1

Sorry it took you 300k~ ped to "stirr" things up. I do doubt any stirring actually happened, you tried something you were certain off but in the end you got F***** in the process, the funny part for me is you think you knew, but you don't know it at all. :)

I have yet to be proven wrong.

wow wow wow. I am totally not surprised that you lost heavily. Now it sounds like your solution is to come back more and do it more... so that it will pay you? How much do you have to cycle to get an even or profit return? I would argue that what you did is it - and this run did not do so. All I can do is shake my head.
I will not call you a gambler, but I will say these things: Gambling is one of the only addictions where doing more of the behavior could actually solve your problems that it created. Also, one famous definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, but expecting different results.

Just because you have had some great huge loots in the past doesn't mean you will always get one. If you don't get one - you loose big. Sorry - and I hope you get a turn around.

Issue OP fail to c is that loot algo has been changed to the so called Modified loot.

For me mod loot is a new system that tries to get u to a certain return. aka 80 - 90 % return .

After a certain % loss and cycled u will bump back to 100 % - 110 % return. Were the HoF is what u lost on your cycles and the globals etc in that run will count as profits. Not counting BPs etc looted.

But getting a 200 % return rate based on your total cycle is not possible anymore in my eyes after the change in loot algorythm. It's all about a stagnant bleeding graph were a small place in that graph will bump u back to were u started. And the cycle continues.

Lose 50 k. Get a 50k ish hof. with all other globals and small hofs will count as profit.

Entropia is a great game and in entropia you are always in control of your own choises and the risks you are willing to take. However, even if you choose to play on high risks it'll always compensate and make you break even or even make a profit in the end, This has been proven to me time and time again and it's time to prove it to you aswell. Event prizes, Uber hofs, Good MU stackables. there are so many possibilites.

This part here I explained a bit poorly and combined with my screenshots it got even more confusing. The game is balanced and over a longer time you can not get more out then you put in. profit always comes from the MU. I've hit big when I've been down but the MU has always kept the downcurve to the minimum. the only way someone could say that they profited in TT is if they'd get a big hof early on and withdraw right away, if he or she keeps playing it'll even out but at the same time the more money you have the more money you can make. so If you play smart from that point and take advantage of your resources it'll take a very long time for it to run out, maybe it never will.

My intentions was and still are to show you that you'll get your money back if you keep on going. you'll just have to wait for the results. I'm not going to put much time on explaining my actions from now on, you'll just have to witness the results for yourself.

Issue OP fail to c is that loot algo has been changed to the so called Modified loot.

For me mod loot is a new system that tries to get u to a certain return. aka 80 - 90 % return .

After a certain % loss and cycled u will bump back to 100 % - 110 % return. Were the HoF is what u lost on your cycles and the globals etc in that run will count as profits. Not counting BPs etc looted.

But getting a 200 % return rate based on your total cycle is not possible anymore in my eyes after the change in loot algorythm. It's all about a stagnant bleeding graph were a small place in that graph will bump u back to were u started. And the cycle continues.

Lose 50 k. Get a 50k ish hof. with all other globals and small hofs will count as profit.

no in fact this is what I was trying to show, lol. I just suck at explaining. tyvm for your reply. but if you take this into account plus the MU on everything you've looted up to that point it's a huge bump. it won't show as much in crafting but it does show alot from hunting and probalby from mining aswell.

Last edited:
no in fact this is what I was trying to show, lol. I just suck at explaining. tyvm for your reply. but if you take this into account plus the MU on everything you've looted it's a huge bump. it won't show as much in crafting but it does show alot from hunting and probalby from mining aswell.

Just one thing i am wondering, do u think you will get sufficient MU for crafting Explosives?

Trying to figure out your mindset, one one hand you say MU is everything, on the other you craft explosives to search for MU?

Just one thing i am wondering, do u think you will get sufficient MU for crafting Explosives?

Trying to figure out your mindset, one one hand you say MU is everything, on the other you craft explosives to search for MU?

I'd have to say no. I'm not crafting EP for the MU, I'm just looking for the bump to show ppl that it's not about gambling and that u will get your money back. I was not really refering to crafting in perticular when talking about MU it was just generally how the market in EU works or how you should make it work.
When I get back I can check out how much MU you get from crafting EP, the EPs does not have a market big enough to support the crafting but all of the metal residue will sell. not for much but 101% is alot more than 100% in the long run. but then again I'm not taking as much advantage of the MU as I otherwise would and could from Hunting.

I'd have to say no. I'm not crafting EP for the MU, I'm just looking for the bump to show ppl that it's not about gambling and that u will get your money back. I was not really refering to crafting in perticular when talking about MU it was just generally how the market in EU works or how you should make it work.
When I get back I can check out how much MU you get from crafting EP, the EPs does not have a market big enough to support the crafting but all of the metal residue will sell. not for much but 101% is alot more than 100% in the long run. but then again I'm not taking as much advantage of the MU as I otherwise would and could from Hunting.

I can agree with the MU part there, but please (the bolded part) let me know if you still have that mindset after you finished all your runs.

I stand by this logic : doing anything that is uncertain is a gamble by definition.

I was kinda afraid of that, you say the game isn't gambling, but your experiment was to gamble due to a too short period of crafting. I hope it goes better in the future, but the chances are that you will be broke before that.

You could try to prove it with a smaller blueprint too? (ofc compensation hof if you believe in that will be smaller then... :()

I can agree with the MU part there, but please (the bolded part) let me know if you still have that mindset after you finished all your runs.

I stand by this logic : doing anything that is uncertain is a gamble by definition.

Diosa believes that every player gets 100%tt in return.

Diosa does not believe MA make their money from decay.

Diosa believes that MA make their money off interest rates from deposits.

Rgds

Ace

EDIT: did i get that correct Diosa?

Back