Too many think this game is just about gambling.

Diosa

Provider
Diosa Daemon Watamaraka
Crafting run will be on tuesday 1/9 starting at 08:30 MA time, after the servers come up again...

I'm tired of people whining and complaining about this game, I know by personal experience that sometimes you feel powerless and that it's the only thing you can do. I shamefully admit that I've been there myself a few times in the past, I thought everything would be easy but when reality hit me it was much easier to blame things on other factors besides myself.

After I shaped up, read some guides and thought things through, I started to plan better, make strategies, follow the supply demands etc all of a sudden the peds just started to pour in. I made hundreds of peds, thousands, tens of thousands! all you have to do is hunt what'll give you the best markup for the least costs, for some this might only be kerberos hunts but that's just the start. With time this game will only get better and better. if I can do it then so can anyone. Here are some of my highlights:
diosauber1.jpg
diosauber2.jpg
diosauber3.jpg
diosauber4.jpg

I also made 100-200 ped profit in mining but it was too boring for my taste so I'm just hunting. but profit is profit.

Entropia is a great game and in entropia you are always in control of your own choises and the risks you are willing to take. However, even if you choose to play on high risks it'll always compensate and make you break even or even make a profit in the end, This has been proven to me time and time again and it's time to prove it to you aswell. Event prizes, Uber hofs, Good MU stackables. there are so many possibilites.
I've profited in hunting, I've profited in mining and just to make a point I'm going to atleast break even or if I'm lucky I'll even profit in manufacturing!

I'm going to prove that this is not gambling and that you will get your money back guaranteed. In the near future I'm going to do a 10 hour nonstop Explosive Projectiles Blueprint IV crafting full Condition run! I'll be recording it all and upload it on youtube as soon as possible for everyone to see. The rules are to break even or make a profit or I can't quit until my peds run out. not that it would, I'm just saying.
Sadly I won't be streaming because I don't have the bandwidth to stream but I will record it. so it'll be avaible on youtube at a later date :)
So if you want to follow my adventure through the greatness and fun that is entropia universe it will be possible to witness the action! ..you'll just have to wait until a bit later...
If all goes well *ehumm* When all goes well then I promise that in the future I'll try to think up other stuff to do that'd be fun and crazy and that time I will be streaming for you to see the live action.

By posting this I was hoping that some traders or crafters would be able to help me out and buy some of my explosive projectiles and metal residue for a bit more then TT, the more the better ofc but I won't ask for too much. I'm asking this because I only have around 120k peds to cycle so to keep going for 10h I need to sell off the loot. a few times.

Last edited:
While i agree that it is possible to profit in all professions, going for a 10 hour crafting run on explosives IV sounds like setting yourself up for failure.

Maybe so but that's where I'll prove you wrong.

money back guaranteed? Take away those big loots, did you still make thousands of peds?
I will love love love to see this crafting run -
this game has never given me my peds back - it is about MA making money period.
Don't tell me I'm doing it wrong either. I'll just stop talking and wait for your crafting video.

money back guaranteed? Take away those big loots, did you still make thousands of peds?
I will love love love to see this crafting run -
this game has never given me my peds back - it is about MA making money period.
Don't tell me I'm doing it wrong either. I'll just stop talking and wait for your crafting video.

Since we're likening this to gambling is it fair to calculate your average return from a video poker machine after you take out royal flushes?

That atrox was 4 years ago, last time one was even over 5k peds was over 724 days ago -
Another way to say it is that type of stuff never happens anymore.

I've still made profits without the big hofs yes but just barely. Why wouldnt the big hofs count though? That's the big returns that'll pop after you've been doing poorly for a long time.
(From personal experience)

It doesnt matter if it was 4 years or 10 years ago. the whole loot system has changed with more even returns and whatnot. profit and break-even runs are still there to be made.

GL on your Crafting Run. Looking forward to your results.

Since we're likening this to gambling is it fair to calculate your average return from a video poker machine after you take out royal flushes?

I"m not likening this to gambling - and in the connection to the OP, I would say yes it is fair. If 1000 people play the poker machine and only 1 get royal flushes - then do you judge the average return from that 1 player or add that 1 player into the other 1000?

I'll be doing condition

I've still made profits without the big hofs yes but just barely. Why wouldnt the big hofs count though? That's the big returns that'll pop after you've been doing poorly for a long time.

It doesnt matter if it was 4 years or 10 years ago. the whole loot system has changed with more even returns and whatnot. profit and break-even runs are still there to be made.

I'm not saying they shouldn't count. Your smallest one in the picture is 2x as big as my biggest hunting loot in 6 years. I've lost and spent tons of cash - you tell me what mob to camp and whatnot, and I'll call you when I get a 7k. You'll never hear from me...
MA said no personal loot pool, so shouldn't matter how good/bad your doing

God bless you if you do have some formula to make profit off this game -I just know from my experience it is the exception and not the rule. I know lots of smart and good people in game and they all are losing. I also know a couple that haven't deposited and have lots of assets. In your OP you said about going after MU , etc. I don't think crafting 10 hours on explosives follows that at all. That has basically zero MU. I don't know why this thread has me so involved - It just comes off as "look how much I made - you all are stupid if you haven't done it too. Just do the same thing long enough and it will come!"
I can do the same thing all damn day - whatever you tell me to do and I'm totally certain I will loose in the end unless i "get lucky"

While i agree that it is possible to profit in all professions, going for a 10 hour crafting run on explosives IV sounds like setting yourself up for failure.

Take it from those that have already done this... dont. You are setting yourself for failure. You say to do things you must do activities that give profit... no mu in explosive projectile crafting unless you some how get opals.

Explosive projectiles is pure TT in, MU stuff out. I admit that it's not a method I would recommend to anyone but I don't have the time or resources to spam 100 different items that'll have enough MU and still not break the ingame market.

I'll be doing condition

Now i really can't wait for your video! :yay:

You sure have more crafting turnover then me, but i've done some non-stop explosive II crafting, and the returns were very bad. I can imagine how bad this could turn out for you, but who knows maybe the compensation hof comes sooner with 20 ped per click :eyecrazy:

subscribing, i wanna see the explosive run.

Explosive projectiles is pure TT in, MU stuff out. I admit that it's not a method I would recommend to anyone but I don't have the time or resources to spam 100 different items that'll have enough MU and still not break the ingame market.

You make the assumption that there is no rake or decay built into crafting.. and that is an extremely high probability of being false.

The amount of explosive Projectiles you will be creating will never be sold.. meaning there is no MU. Metal residue is less than 102%. If the avg return often stated is 95% after the rake, then you have quite the gap you need to close by selling skills and hoping for gems.

Not sure why I'm bothering to explain.. your money after all.

Even though yes, I do believe you can indeed profit in the long run on every profession, some professions are better for this than others (Far easier to do it with mining than hunting, for example) and you need to be extremely careful with what you hunt/craft/where you mine. So, I'd be extremely interested to watch how you do in what I believe is one very risky crafting run.

Well good luck to ya, and although while I completely agree it's not about gambling, this crafting run you're planning to do sounds a lot like gambling :tongue3:

Hmm...maybe someone from MA will read this and you will get a nice fat ATH ....maybe you will burn out like a match we will see :).Interesting way of thinking about crafting ;).Will follow this for sure.:smoke:

But it does matter. If it's impossible to hit those big loots, then there's no way to make up that kind of ground in 1 or 2 hunting sessions anymore, no matter how many peds you cycle. There is and always will be an advantage to avatars like you that were scoring big when avatars like me were just trying to skill up to a level to even be able to try for such things. If that 30k loot gave you enough ped to cycle and find mu vs the guy depoing 2k just to hunt a little, how is that not an advantage that the little guy is supposed to overcome? And if you were the guy to hit one of those lucky big loots on a small drone or argo, how is that not a kickstarter to an EU career vastly different then trying to sweat for a few peds to trade with or making a depo $100 at a time to try and get started. Not to mention the kind of gear upgrades you can achieve with that kind of gift from MA.

Sure there are still ways to profit, but always the advantage to those who have "been there and done that" or have 8 or more hours to play each and every day. It's a lot harder to do now then it ever what when you were making those 4 and 5 digit hofs then blowing them off as something that doesn't factor, and if you happen to have a full time job in the real world then it seems like you can just forget about it, especially if you live more than 5 hours + or - off the Prime Meridian. I don't think your crafting run proposal can prove anything to the contrary.

I think a more optimistic thread of this nature has been sorely needed of late.

Mindark bent to 'popular opinion' and removed the 8k Drone 8k Argo 5k Combibo and 20k Atrox so that is why we dont get pictures simlar to the opening post any more (more even returns generally)

I do agree that you should hunt to your budget more than your skill level, I always advance that opinion, it typically causes less stress when your in a 'down' period as we all experience (typically a month or two before that HOF) ;)

Good luck with your crafting run, you may get lucky, you may not. As others have already said, thats a gamble.

Dont do it

Well just a proof of how bad it can go. I did get a 4k pedder at the end and then it was how it was. So all i can say is

DONT DO IT :)

...In the near future I'm going to do a 10 hour nonstop Explosive Projectiles Blueprint IV crafting full Condition run! I'll be recording it all and upload it on youtube as soon as possible for everyone to see. The rules are to break even or make a profit or I can't quit until my peds run out. not that it would, I'm just saying.

Let me know where you craft so I can follow afterwards :)

Last edited by a moderator:
My mentor always said entropia is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.
I think by this he meant that you gotta keep chugging down on 'em chocolates like there's no tomorrow. Sure some may be salty, some can be sour, some may be filled with nasty liqour or rotten nuts and they'll all leave bitter feeling in your stomache after you've had too many bad ones in a row. But you can't give up because there also tasty chocolates in the box, the chocolate that keep you going. the chocolate that makes all other nasty chocolate seem insigificant in the end, But it can get even better. all you need is to find the one chocolate of them all the one that will give you complete bliss and pure comeplete joy. the one that makes you feel like you can fly, etc(lol). But it doesnt end there you have to really really savor it and don't eat it all away in a gulp. because if something were to happen like if it'd roll under the sofa with all the nasty critters and dust and old socks. then the joy would end there. you'd never get it back, end of story.

Omg div you got suckered in too?! I feel much better about myself now that I know I wasn't the only one:laugh:

To OP. Don't worry. You'll at least get 80-95% back:thumbup:

Looking forward to see if the owners of PCF will sponsor this.

Well just a proof of how bad it can go. I did get a 4k pedder at the end and then it was how it was. So all i can say is

I love conditioncrafting but I went to rehab and trying to stay away.......I did do a 100k ped run and I wasnt given all back, result looked a bit like divs :D

My mentor always said entropia is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.
I think by this he meant that you gotta keep chugging down on 'em chocolates like there's no tomorrow. Sure some may be salty, some can be sour, some may be filled with nasty liqour or rotten nuts and they'll all leave bitter feeling in your stomache after you've had too many bad ones in a row. But you can't give up because there also tasty chocolates in the box, the chocolate that keep you going. the chocolate that makes all other nasty chocolate seem insigificant in the end, But it can get even better. all you need is to find the one chocolate of them all the one that will give you complete bliss and pure comeplete joy. the one that makes you feel like you can fly, etc(lol). But it doesnt end there you have to really really savor it and don't eat it all away in a gulp. because if something were to happen like if it'd roll under the sofa with all the nasty critters and dust and old socks. then the joy would end there. you'd never get it back, end of story.

hmmm.jpg

;)

The crafting machine is the devil and very very few do get profit from it but its like a slotsmachine and it will end up eating your pedcard! And its addicting as hell :p believe me im sadly one of them :p so do yourself a favour, stick too whats working for you!
So ill say what everyone ingame says too me: STAY AWAY FROM THAT MACHINE!:laugh:

Ps i never listen and end up at rig whining about it :ahh:

Back